Why Do Gays Act The Way They Do?

Mariposa Electrique

October 4-18, Chris Will Be Happy!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've always wondered, why do gay men (and some butch women)act the way they do? I don't mean how insane they are, I mean how they emulate cross-gender mating behavior, like mannerisms and speech patterns. I noticed this phenomenon more in gay men, while in lesbians it's not that prevalent, , they'll just be slightly Tomboyish to the point where you can't tell they're gay. Not denying there's a lot of diesel dikes out there, it's just that women seem to be a lot more fluid in "expression of their sexuality".
There's also a trend of people who recently "came out", and they go from what society would considere to be a normal hetero-male to a LIIIIIHZZZA! impersonator. As well, where do gay men get the idea that this is "femme" behavior? To me, it's very tranny, over the top bad impersonation, with that being said, an impersonation is always intentional and not visceral.
I'm just curious, why do you think gay men and some butch woman do this? Also, is it still a red flag that the LGBT has not moved past trying to fit into a heteronormative role where people who love men have to flip their hair and yell "GOOOOOOORRRRL".

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because this is how 'society' has deemed gay people should act.
I'm half kidding there, but I'm sure people saw gay characters from media in the past and think "Ok, that's how I should be".

I don't think some TV exec cooked it up from scratch. I'm sure there was some guy out there in the world who acted that way closeted or not, and it only caught on as a stereotype when it was revealed that particular guy was gay, so then everyone assumed that's how gay people are.

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think some TV exec cooked it up from scratch. I'm sure there was some guy out there in the world who acted that way closeted or not, and it only caught on as a stereotype when it was revealed that particular guy was gay, so then everyone assumed that's how gay people are.
Stop being so cissexist!

OhGoy

i'm out
kiwifarms.net
Those who act stereo-typically gay do so because they're boring and have no personality. They have nothing to latch onto, so they take the one thing that's different about them and exaggerate it to an extreme extent.

that, or it's because they're fucking faggots

DumbDosh

space worm drugs are pretty cool
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You have your three general types of gay men, you have the stereotypical high pitched tank top gay guys who make their entire personality the fact that they like sucking dick. You have the guys who have a personality and just blend in with every other dude but also love dick. Then you have the closeted gay dudes who just try to act as not gay as possible in public.

It's a situation of most of the gay men you see being the stereotypical ones because they're the loudest, and a lot of regular gay dudes really don't like those kinds of guys, for example