Cultural Appropriator & Cowboy Chemist
1. Your making a lot of assumptions as well most of which aren't exactly backed up by the major religion being Christianity in the U.S.
Christianity is the major religion in the western world in name only. Most of the people living in Europe or America are quite secular at this point, and even amongst the more conservative segments of the population belief in Christianity is more along the lines of believing in certain moral principles. True faith in supernatural God is found only amongst very small subset of the that population. I know this because I've studied science of religion quite extensively.
2. Who do you live around that you know people who like her art?
Personally I don't know people who would exactly like her art. Most of the people, myself included, who know of Abramovices art are indifferent towards it. She's not a great artist, but neither is she a devil-worshipper in my opinion. I mean, she could be, but so what? I know devil-worshippers IRL, and they are mostly quite normal, even surprisingly conservative people, compared to population at large. They don't really run around eating and raping people, as far as I know.
3. My conclusion was at bare minimum the elites like and support someone because she provokes the masses, it's an act of contempt against the people and people would see it.
Elites have always felt contempt for the masses, and they always will. That's just ingrained in to human condition so thoroughly that we will most likely never see a society where this would be otherwise. Marina Abramovic, in my opinion, is masterful in using that contempt to make name for herself. And then again, it's obvious from the practical workings of the society that the elites of today are less contemptuous towards the masses than for example the elites of the 19th century.
4. She uses literal satanic imagery. That be like talking to an atheist friend that has been tying to disprove evolution and you catch them wearing a cross. They may be wearing Ironically but initially your going to think something is going on.
I really don't understand this sentence, it's just incoherent jumble of words.
4. An artist job is not to make weird or provocative shit, it's what we currently praise in the art world but that's how we go to the point where a solid white wall or a pair of glasses is now considered art.
Artists have always had the social license to act weird, simply because quite long ago humans have understood that artistic ability often goes hand in hand with being eccentric personality. For fucks sake, that is the reason we have the cultural stereotype of artist like we have in the first place.
Artists job is to make whatever they want to make. Usually nowadays this is some kind of weird shit, since classical representative art fell out of favor long time ago. And trust me, Marina Abramovic is quite tame compared to some other modern artists. Check up Joel-Peter Witkin for example, a man who makes sculptures out of the cadavers of dead people and then photographs them.
5. Just because your an atheist doesn't mean everyone else is.
I'm not an atheist, and I really don't know what it has to do with this conversation.