Why Do People Hate Vegans? - White supremacist and alt-right hitlers in my salad?

Jeff_the_Thriller

Sogg Mead Mugg - like Shrek but drunker
kiwifarms.net
From my experience, vegans need to let everyone know they are vegan and if you aren't vegan you are an evil monster. They are sanctimonious ass hats for the most part and that's why they are so hated. I feel for the few vegans that aren't self-righteous douches and are lumped in with them.

Siegfried

kiwifarms.net
From my experience, vegans need to let everyone know they are vegan and if you aren't vegan you are an evil monster. They are sanctimonious ass hats for the most part and that's why they are so hated. I feel for the few vegans that aren't self-righteous douches and are lumped in with them.
Oh definitely. Much like Texans and euphoric atheists. Youll find out that texas is better than california or meat is murder or god isn't real before anything else. Its just unpleasant to deal with.

kcbbq

"I want to see you eat the whole sausage."
kiwifarms.net
A vegan diet is healthier,
If you ignore the vital nutrients that you can't get as a vegan and will eventually die in pain from not getting, sure.

Herbivorous mammals have to adapt in crazy ways to not starve from just eating plants. Cattle (and other ruminants) have extremely complex digestive systems and still have to puke up their food and eat it again. Others, like herbivorous rodents need to eat their own shit to not die of malnutrition.

The only gut fauna in humans and most mammals that produce B12, as an example, only live in the colon, which is impenetrable to B12. That's why rabbits and other rodents have to eat their feces. They did find a yeast that produces B12, but there's no way to make production viable or even not obscenely expensive. It doesn't take much meat consumption to supply a human with enough to last months, but it's the only feasible way to get it.

WolfeTone

Ball Ween Hammer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you ignore the vital nutrients that you can't get as a vegan and will eventually die in pain from not getting, sure.

Herbivorous mammals have to adapt in crazy ways to not starve from just eating plants. Cattle (and other ruminants) have extremely complex digestive systems and still have to puke up their food and eat it again. Others, like herbivorous rodents need to eat their own shit to not die of malnutrition.

The only gut fauna in humans and most mammals that produce B12, as an example, only live in the colon, which is impenetrable to B12. That's why rabbits and other rodents have to eat their feces. They did find a yeast that produces B12, but there's no way to make production viable or even not obscenely expensive. It doesn't take much meat consumption to supply a human with enough to last months, but it's the only feasible way to get it.
Good point. I eat Aloe Vera, as well as putting it on my Florida-worn Irish skin, which is a well-enough supply of B-12, as you only need about 50 mcg a day. Fake News will say that it doesn't provide enough, but I think we've all learned a thing or two about that over the last 4 years.

OvercookedBacon

can even be grilled
kiwifarms.net
To answer the question. No, I do not hate vegans. I do, however, despise the holier than thou attitude and preachy bullshit.
This might get an autism rating but a quote from Teen Titans sums up my view: "I respect that you don't eat meat, please respect that I don't eat fake meat."

Driftwood

kiwifarms.net
I just think they are dumb because you are killing something no matter what. If plants wanted to be killed and had no agency, they would not waste time developing toxins, thorns, etc to kill or discourage us. Plus consider all the insects and rodents that died protecting that soyburger.

MookbongBae

kiwifarms.net
A lot of vegans out there believe their diet is the end-all be-all of ethical food consumption/planet friendly eating, and believe anyone who doesn't adhere to their beliefs is a horrible monster who doesn't give a shit about the planet going to shit. Little do they know, a lot of their 'clean eating' products are just as bad, if not worse - avocados, though a good source of healthy fats, have a giant carbon footprint if you don't live right where they're grown, and same goes with agave syrup that's often used instead of honey. Heck, using honey is better both for the planet and for the international bee populations. Never mind that a vegan diet that doesn't rely on a ton of supplements and highly processed replacement products is wildly expensive and only accessible really for wealthier folk, and people with allergies exist - my best pal has a ton of allergies that'd make it nigh impossible for him to both eat vegan and not get all the deficiencies.

Unfortunately, a lot of these idiots have never outgrown the mindset 'if I yell at someone enough, they'll agree with me'. I used to be one of those awful preachy vegetarians when I was in my teens, fortunately I grew out of that as I hit my twenties. You don't win people over by antagonizing people. Unfortunately, a lot of these smug fucks will probably never give up their Holier Than Thou ways because it makes them feel like they're better than others.

Agent Abe Caprine

Is being stupid again
kiwifarms.net
omg "cruelty free lifestyle", he's the type who'd cry like he lost his mother if a mosquito flew up his nose by accident. Also yeah, def cruelty free with all those african kids harvesting your silicon and chinese kids being chained to benches to create your corporate cocksuck electronics but the motto of vegans is "fuck humans"
Cruelty free reminds me of that Boondocks episode where a sleazy businessman buys a little girl's lemonade stand.

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If cows are so fucking smart, why don't vegans ask them how they feel about being delicious food? Are they afraid that cattle might have a more pragmatic and nuanced world-view than the average vegan?
:thinking:

Biden's Chosen

Support your Jewish community Support jewish news
kiwifarms.net
Vegans are awesome. All you vegan haters just look and sound like this guy:

Like you can't even imagine it's possible to get protein from plants.

Capsaicin Addict

Now see here you little shit.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've yet to meet a healthy vegan who wasn't taking a fistful of supplements.

What's annoying is the constant harping of 'oh this is the natural way to live'. Um, no. Vegetarianism in general is a modern conceit, and veganism is just vegetarianism gone full retard.

There's nothing wrong with breaking up your meal patterns with a vegetarian meal or three. If nothing else, you'll appreciate the bacon next time you eat it. But this desire to subsist solely on roughage isn't borne from any science. It's just a fetish.

All Cops Are Based

kiwifarms.net
Vegan btw. Nobody hates us because oh just so you know i am vegan. so we love to partake in life like everyone else oh and just so you know i am vegan but that is besides the point. Did i mention i am vegan? well anyways what makes me excited about life is. BTW did i mention im a vegan. Well anyways i just wanted to let you know im vegan.

Pretty much. When you think about (say) atheists as a group, you think about the worst ones, because the ones who aren't annoying aren't treating it like an in-group and constantly talking about it. Same thing with vegans.

Even if there are some chill vegans in the world, they're still inconvenient to cook for/eat out with. So even the chill ones are a little annoying.