Why Do People Hate Vegans? - White supremacist and alt-right hitlers in my salad?

Kane Lives

Peace through power
kiwifarms.net
What's annoying is the constant harping of 'oh this is the natural way to live'. Um, no. Vegetarianism in general is a modern conceit, and veganism is just vegetarianism gone full retard.
Just gonna point out that there is a specific Buddhist sect that also practices vegetarianism, due to their extreme pacifistic beliefs. (Aka, they are not allowed to harm even animals.) They're not uncommon in India and SEAsia, but they're also one of the chillest people I had the pleasure of meeting. As an aside, they're also responsible for cooking actual good-tasting vegan meals, usually by liberal use of spices.

A far cry from the modern Western vegans, to be sure. Really, most of those boil down to extreme faggotry and shitty moralists.

The Wicked Mitch

Buckpilled
kiwifarms.net
Just gonna point out that there is a specific Buddhist sect that also practices vegetarianism, due to their extreme pacifistic beliefs. (Aka, they are not allowed to harm even animals.) They're not uncommon in India and SEAsia, but they're also one of the chillest people I had the pleasure of meeting. As an aside, they're also responsible for cooking actual good-tasting vegan meals, usually by liberal use of spices.

A far cry from the modern Western vegans, to be sure. Really, most of those boil down to extreme faggotry and shitty moralists.

Importantly they're almost always strict vegetarians rather than vegans very often consuming dairy in one form or another, a seemingly small but nutritionally very significant deviation from Western vegans.

Capsaicin Addict

Now see here you little shit.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Mortification of the flesh through fasting and limited diet has a long history in both Western and Eastern religions. Nobody objects to that.

What I (and so many others) strongly object to is the arrogant moralizing stance taken by people who have never cracked a biology or anthropology book, and think that eating meat is some kind of aberration rather than the norm for omnivorous species.

Sneakywombat666

UwU
kiwifarms.net
What's annoying is the constant harping of 'oh this is the natural way to live'. Um, no. Vegetarianism in general is a modern conceit
Hinduism advocates being vegetarian, as does Buddhism. Vegetarian has been the norm in India for about 4,500 years. Ashoka was probably the best known vegetarian and that was over 2,000 years ago. Although that's still pretty modern if you're looking at the big picture for humanity.

Unassuming Local Guy

Friendly and affectionate
kiwifarms.net
God gave us dominion over everything on the planet and commands us to eat of it. Veganism, especially “moral” veganism, is an explicit rejection of that gift and command.
All veganism is moral veganism. Anyone who claims to be vegan for any reason other than because it makes them morally superior is lying to you. It's not healthy, it's not cheap, it's not easy. There are zero upsides. Vegetarianism I understand to a point, even the moral argument of it. Killing is bad, suffering is bad, etc. But vegans take it to a completely stupid level.

Chickens lay eggs. It's just what they do. If you buy a chicken, you'll end up with eggs all over the place. In what way is eating that egg immoral? What are you harming? There is no answer and they know it. The closest thing they have to a response is a lecture about factory farming, which fine. Good. Don't eat factory farmed things. It takes virtually no effort to find free range organic gluten free non GMO buzzword buzzword eggs. Eat those or admit your lifestyle is a moral judgement at its core.

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

My favorite are Jains, though. They believe in not even harming plants. At its purest form, Jains practice what is called fruitarianism. They do not even kill plants. They eat only fruits and nuts and any parts of plants you can consume without killing the plant itself. If all people were as thoughtful as Jains, the world would be a very good place to be. Instead, though, we're surrounded by people like, well, me.

smallredboy

kiwifarms.net
Oh, that stroke a nerve with me. Everyone has to be mindful of their own dietary choices, not expect others to. As @All Cops Are Based said, it's inconvenient for others. If you have a fucking nut allergy or lactose intolerance, you either cook for yourself or research all places you're going to dine out in beforehand. Same with vegans and vegetarians. That's probably the biggest problem with people on any diet/lifestyle, vegans being the worst offenders

Chive Turkey

kiwifarms.net
Importantly they're almost always strict vegetarians rather than vegans very often consuming dairy in one form or another, a seemingly small but nutritionally very significant deviation from Western vegans.
The whole "immoral factory farm exploitation" aspect that veganism rails against also makes little sense in much of India, where many people still raise their own chickens and get their ghee from cows that wander the streets and are treated like literal gods.

Veganism really just is an inherently first world trend. It's tailor-made for a heavily urbanized and industrialized, almost post-scarcity society, and everything about it quickly falks apart once you remove it from that context and place it in any other.

My favorite are Jains, though. They believe in not even harming plants. At its purest form, Jains practice what is called fruitarianism. They do not even kill plants. They eat only fruits and nuts and any parts of plants you can consume without killing the plant itself. If all people were as thoughtful as Jains, the world would be a very good place to be. Instead, though, we're surrounded by people like, well, me.
The more hardcore among them even wear veils in front of their mouths, on the off chance they might accidentally swallow a bug. Indian religions are rad as fuck, and it's a shame all the hippy dippy bullshit of the '60s has tainted our perception of them.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All veganism is moral veganism. Anyone who claims to be vegan for any reason other than because it makes them morally superior is lying to you. It's not healthy, it's not cheap, it's not easy. There are zero upsides. Vegetarianism I understand to a point, even the moral argument of it. Killing is bad, suffering is bad, etc. But vegans take it to a completely stupid level.

Chickens lay eggs. It's just what they do. If you buy a chicken, you'll end up with eggs all over the place. In what way is eating that egg immoral? What are you harming? There is no answer and they know it. The closest thing they have to a response is a lecture about factory farming, which fine. Good. Don't eat factory farmed things. It takes virtually no effort to find free range organic gluten free non GMO buzzword buzzword eggs. Eat those or admit your lifestyle is a moral judgement at its core.

"Wait, so the Chicken fetus is a life, but not the human one?"

Lemmingwise

The capture of the last white wizard, decolorized
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IMG-20201227-WA0003.jpg

I posted this in the reddit thread but it goes well here

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
Chickens lay eggs. It's just what they do. If you buy a chicken, you'll end up with eggs all over the place. In what way is eating that egg immoral? What are you harming? There is no answer and they know it.

To get the chickens that lay the eggs they hatch out millions of fertile eggs. Of the baby hatchlings a significant portion will be male and thus no use for laying eggs. These are emptied by the bucket-load still alive into grinders. It's the same reasoning behind not drinking milk - it's not drinking milk that is the problem it's that they inseminate the cow, take it through pregnancy then slaughter the newborn calf just so they can keep the milk.

Well, you did ask.

Unassuming Local Guy

Friendly and affectionate
kiwifarms.net
To get the chickens that lay the eggs they hatch out millions of fertile eggs. Of the baby hatchlings a significant portion will be male and thus no use for laying eggs. These are emptied by the bucket-load still alive into grinders. It's the same reasoning behind not drinking milk - it's not drinking milk that is the problem it's that they inseminate the cow, take it through pregnancy then slaughter the newborn calf just so they can keep the milk.

Well, you did ask.
The chicken grinder thing only happens on the aforementioned factory farms. Buy from a local farmer or a small operation, problem solved. In fact, you're actually making things better by encouraging local farmers and taking business away from factories.

The cow one I'm extremely skeptical of. Cows only have to give birth once a year to produce milk all the time, and a calf is far too valuable to slaughter for no reason. They'd be kept for breeding or sold for meat. I've never heard of this "technique" before, and the only information I can find online about it comes from a small handful of PETA-grade lunatics. And even if it does happen, once again, buy small, buy local, problem solved.

TheSimpShow

Professional Godwinson Impersonator
kiwifarms.net
Boy you weren't kidding.
I skimmed a bit and they seem to think people hate vegans due to some ignorance or intentional denial of health and climate change. Even though the biggest reason are that vegans are insufferably smug, self-important, pushy with their beliefs, and incredibly annoying picky eaters.

Case in point about being smug and self-important; the length of this article.

Climate change is propaganda jargon, a highly vague concept designed to warp the perceptions of the unaware, molding their view with foundation-less platitudes, and anecdotes. Leading them into an ever-more elaborate mind-traps. Like a psychological ratchet, tightening the collar around the subject.