Why Do We Exist Instead Of Not Existing? -

Austrian Conscript 1915

Ayyy lmao
kiwifarms.net
There is no rule that says we must exist. The big bang supposedly released all matter into the universe but where did that matter come from? Time exists or maybe it doesn't (edit: TIME DEFINITELY EXISTS). what if we were popped into existence now and all our memories are fabrications. There is no way to prove otherwise. Time can exist without space. If there was no space there wouldn't be a void. It would be nothing. Like how blind people don't see "black" like us when we close our eyes, blind people don't see. I can't imagine not seeing and I also can't imagine what a universe is without space.

Time exists but what purpose does it have if there's no space for it to effect and what purpose does space have if there is nothing to fill it? Would it be crazy to say that matter exists because of space and space exists because of time? And if that is true then why does time exist?

Saying the universe has a "beginning" is applying human concepts to something beyond human comprehension. Scientists can only say the big bang happened because we can't comprehend any other possibility.

If our existence isn't necessary then we could just as easily not exist. If the universe has no higher function then it could just not exist too. In this line of thinking it's hard for me to believe that there isn't a God. The universe was created and it has no end? What nonsense! Every effect has a cause. Or maybe that is me applying human concepts to something divine.

A question I have for anyone who has read this is can you imagine if nothing existed? Like what I said early on about blind people just not seeing. Can you imagine a place without space or matter, only time?

Last edited:

Penis Drager

Pronouns: Fee/Fi/Fo/Fum
kiwifarms.net
There is no rule that says we must exist
Dubious. True "nothing" could very well be inherently unstable. This is a real idea floating around in some circles.

The big bang supposedly released all matter into the universe but where did that matter come from?
Matter "condensed" from energy shortly after the big bang. Where did the energy come from? Two of the biggest ideas here have to do with either the above response, or the possibility that adding up all negative and positive energy sums up to zero anyway.

Time exists or maybe it doesn't.
Assuming general relativity is correct, time is definitely a thing.

Saying the universe has a "beginning" is applying human concepts to something beyond human comprehension. Scientists can only say the big bang happened because we can't comprehend any other possibility.
They say the big bang happened because there's ample evidence that it did. Other ideas have been proposed but they have failed to reach the same level of predictive power. It is worth noting, though, that the big bang may have been the beginning of time. So asking about "before" may be a nonsense question.

Every effect has a cause
Again, dubious.

These are not new ideas. But they are an interesting subject of research. There are still a lot of unanswered (unanswerable?) questions. But we're learning more about the universe as time progresses.

Austrian Conscript 1915

Ayyy lmao
kiwifarms.net
Matter "condensed" from energy shortly after the big bang. Where did the energy come from? Two of the biggest ideas here have to do with either the above response, or the possibility that adding up all negative and positive energy sums up to zero anyway.
Where did the energy come from? We don't know this and maybe we will know a little more about it in the future but I think without time travel or divine intervention we will never know fully
They say the big bang happened because there's ample evidence that it did. Other ideas have been proposed but they have failed to reach the same level of predictive power. It is worth noting, though, that the big bang may have been the beginning of time. So asking about "before" may be a nonsense question.
Maybe the big bang is true but we scrap theories we think are true all the time. What's probability that we got it right on the first couple guesses? If I were to bet on the future I'd say that another explanation is discovered that is even better. secondly, Time either began or it is eternal. I don't know which one is true but to say time is eternal asks the question of whether space and all energy/matter is eternal or came into existence suddenly. I'm not here to argue, just to say that there's a lot of stuff we don't know which I already know you agree with. If you can give a good answer then go ahead
Again, dubious.
probably

TFT-A9

WHEE!
kiwifarms.net
"Negative energy" is something that only exists on chalkboards at this time (and that's why the Alcubierre FTL drive is thoroughly in the realm of the fantastical for the moment)

As for the whole idea of nothingness and wrapping back around to the concept of "negative energy" that gets into Dirac Sea territory

Megatardingo

Le lava cola u mad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are you really sure you exist? Or that existance does exist?

New pepsi Crystal max, the flavour of nothingness at the tip of your tastebuds.

knobslobbin

King knobslob the pious
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This particular reality we find ourselves inhabiting is tied together by paired paradoxes creating all of our physical laws.

All of known spacetime existing in a singularity where all points overlap in infinite density somehow inflating to spread out into infinite zero density forever. Current spacetime is the balance between those two conflicting paradoxes of our extreme past and extreme future.
If the singularity ever did exist, wouldn't all matter of a quantum nature have been entangled at one point?

Time existing in a singular direction where an ineffable present constantly flows from past to future, both stretching infinitely in either direction.

Nothingness as a concept cannot exist in this reality - even empty space has a positive zero-point energy with a quantum foam frothing into and out of existence, yet neither can infinite density exist without a predicted collapse of known physics. Yet somehow all of our observations tell us that we come from both of these impossible concepts of nothingness & infinite density simultaneously. BANG

Penis Drager

kiwifarms.net

Swiss46

You dare refuse my batchall?!?
kiwifarms.net
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... And my arm... even my fingers... The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past!

TFT-A9

WHEE!
kiwifarms.net
You're thinking of negative mass. And given the contradictions that would arise from its existence. It's likely not a thing.
Negative energy is ostensibly real though.
Yeah doing a little reading and despite the Dirac Sea theory being more or less displaced by quantum field theory they're not incompatible with one another

The Casimir effect itself is strange enough

Though this means that the Alcubierre drive isn't complete and utter fantasy either, which has interesting implications

lurk_moar

Vitamin Conspiracy Theories Aficionado
kiwifarms.net
Because our stupid parents had unprotected sex, and their parents had unprotected and so on and so forth.

Penis Drager

kiwifarms.net
Though this means that the Alcubierre drive isn't complete and utter fantasy either, which has interesting implications
Any FTL tech would be absolutely bizarre. It implies going backwards in time as you approach whatever object you plan on going to. Going 2X the speed of light, for example, would basically be time going at the same speed, but backwards. Shit's more complicated than that, but at that speed, you'd reach the object as you see it in the sky now, rather than how it is now.