Why Do We Exist Instead Of Not Existing? -

TFT-A9

WHEE!
kiwifarms.net
Any FTL tech would be absolutely bizarre. It implies going backwards in time as you approach whatever object you plan on going to. Going 2X the speed of light, for example, would basically be time going at the same speed, but backwards. Shit's more complicated than that, but at that speed, you'd reach the object as you see it in the sky now, rather than how it is now.
FTL opening the door to time travel is mentioned but I didn't see it explicitly said that superliminal results in time travel, though it kind of makes sense when I chew on it with my feeble pleb brain a little

Penis Drager

Pronouns: Fee/Fi/Fo/Fum
kiwifarms.net
FTL opening the door to time travel is mentioned but I didn't see it explicitly said that superliminal results in time travel, though it kind of makes sense when I chew on it with my feeble pleb brain a little
This is actually almost core to general relativity: time is basically measured in terms of your speed relative to the speed of light. This is why time dilation exists. Time moves slower as you approach the speed of light and stops when you reach it.
What do you think would happen if you went faster than that?

world of shit

kiwifarms.net
You cannot have space without time, at least from the known laws of our universe.

No one can really imagine a universe in the state of non-existence, because our brains are hardwired to think in 4-dimensional spacetime. If something didn't exist, it would have none of these as reference points. Might as well try to imagine a square'd circle.

You can describe such a universe mathematically of course.

Quantum Diabetes

The audacity of gout
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is no rule that says we must exist. The big bang supposedly released all matter into the universe but where did that matter come from? Time exists or maybe it doesn't (edit: TIME DEFINITELY EXISTS). what if we were popped into existence now and all our memories are fabrications. There is no way to prove otherwise. Time can exist without space. If there was no space there wouldn't be a void. It would be nothing. Like how blind people don't see "black" like us when we close our eyes, blind people don't see. I can't imagine not seeing and I also can't imagine what a universe is without space.

Time exists but what purpose does it have if there's no space for it to effect and what purpose does space have if there is nothing to fill it? Would it be crazy to say that matter exists because of space and space exists because of time? And if that is true then why does time exist?

Saying the universe has a "beginning" is applying human concepts to something beyond human comprehension. Scientists can only say the big bang happened because we can't comprehend any other possibility.

If our existence isn't necessary then we could just as easily not exist. If the universe has no higher function then it could just not exist too. In this line of thinking it's hard for me to believe that there isn't a God. The universe was created and it has no end? What nonsense! Every effect has a cause. Or maybe that is me applying human concepts to something divine.

A question I have for anyone who has read this is can you imagine if nothing existed? Like what I said early on about blind people just not seeing. Can you imagine a place without space or matter, only time?
op right now
sticker,420x460-pad,420x460,f8f8f8.lite-1u1 (1).jpg

Livecorpse

BECOME AS GODS BECOME AS GODS BECOME AS GODS
kiwifarms.net
Sleep is lovely, death is better still, not to have been born is of course the miracle.

Penis Drager

Pronouns: Fee/Fi/Fo/Fum
kiwifarms.net
this is true because there's more suffering in life than pleasure
Schopenhauer is only like 40% based and this was one such case where he was wrong.

Existence is everything. It is better to live a life of hardship and pain than it is to have no life at all since you also strip them of any moments in life they could enjoy. 1 unit of comfort and pleasure is worth 5 of pain and discomfort, as is demonstrated by the behavior of most rational people.

Haim Arlosoroff

Archpolitician June Lapincal
kiwifarms.net
Time exists but what purpose does it have if there's no space for it to effect and what purpose does space have if there is nothing to fill it?
Entropy without matter cannot exist. Reaction without substance cannot exist. You are asking whether raining can exist to soak your lawn without liquid or water existing. Time, like rain, either becomes some oddity which nobody assumes time to be or time cannot exist without reference to the asymmetry of change towards entropy.

Would it be crazy to say that matter exists because of space and space exists because of time?
All of quantum physics currently is trying to model the various answers in order to explain Quantum fluctuation and the Observer Effect. I assume matter is separate from space-time, but complete vacuums generate particle-antiparticle pairs from nothing as part of a background noise to all things sufficiently small. Worse time dilation calculations show that a photon experiences an infinitesimal length of time and distance due to its subjective speed causing a universal speed limit as time and distance morph to prevent a higher propagation of entropy than the speed of light. Gravity morphs in the opposite form stretching distances and time (distance divided by speed) into inescapable black holes from which even light is bent not by direct effect but by the curve of space deforming its trajectory.

And if that is true then why does time exist?
Time exists to change and react space with itself, if God is real then I assume we are making Pathos arguments at this point more than Logos.

I suppose then Time exists teleologically to create endings which might be aesthetically pleasing themselves, or even from an ultimate point of view outside of our time, the course of time might itself be a pleasing object as a whole, the beginning arcing toward the end seen as a whole, as if a branch showing a choice taken which plays itself out and it would connected at its base to other branches that would show what parts of the mixture matter the most as to the eventual endings? Maybe such a plant-like structure is pleasing and we are just the leaves or insects atop it.

The universe was created and it has no end?
The fate of the universe is determined by its density. The preponderance of evidence to date, based on measurements of the rate of expansion and the mass density, favors a universe that will continue to expand indefinitely, resulting in The Big Freeze (or Big Chill) which is a theorized fate under which continued expansion results in a universe that infinitely approaching (while never reaching) absolute zero temperature. For a god, that must be boring. For a mistake that seems logical, things don't infinitely grow more energetic and go unnoticed.

I prefer the 'Big Bounce' model where the beginning is the end, where there is a last universe which collapsed and another 'Big Bang' made our universe and there is a oscillatory universe or cyclic repetition.

A question I have for anyone who has read this is can you imagine if nothing existed?
I don't believe in false vacuum decay, so no. However if in the future there is no future, present, or past then my answer is just as good as another.

Can you imagine a place without space or matter, only time?
No, because what would change? If nothing changes then 1 sec=1 year=2 years=no years. Time ceases to matter after all if it ceases to matter at all.