Why do you criticize/dislike/hate Donald John Trump Senior? - Come criticize the US's 45th President here

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
He's nowhere near as dumb as some people think he is, but he's nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is, I think.

For an executive turned head-of-the-Executive, he seems to lack a bit in terms of picking the right underlings for the job at times. Perhaps he puts too much stock in some of them, or perhaps he wants the high turnover for some reason I'm not grasping just yet. Or perhaps he just can't always get what he really wants, and settles for what will do at the moment.

That hairdo does look legit dumb.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Whatever you think, you're wrong. Because Schopenhauer. Prove me wrong. PROTIP: you can't!

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I've been saying this for coming on 4 years now and everyone dismisses it because it's not either comparing him to Satan or stroking his dick hard enough
To be fair he is very polarizing. Deliberately so, perhaps, though I'm not certain. In any event, he was the perfect punch in the nose to the Democrats in 2016, and he's more or less doing what I want him to do - drive the Dems absolutely bonkers, to the absolute brink.

Rice Is Ready

Mmmm, red velvet
kiwifarms.net
I hate how he actually thinks he can make both parties work together. He's acting weak he should stop being a zionist cuckservative and beat the left into submission. I like how he acts like an immature asshole just because he's rich. I also admire his quick wit and come backs. The fact that he always attacks back and never tries to backtrack or apologize is really something I respect about him.1562187354531.jpg1562185813112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashy the Angel

The Cultural Marxist under your bed
kiwifarms.net
I don't like his attitude, his boomer twitter rants, or his inability to form coherent sentences during public talks. Listening to him rant publically genuinely gives me a headache sometimes. He's probably not retarded but he isn't some 4D chess master either. He's corrupt and surrounds himself with corrupt, incompetent people. His cabinet is basically a greased-up revolving door at this point. I disagree with pretty much all of his policy positions. And even though it'd be easy to call him a racist the truth is far more stupid. He's basically using racists to uphold his presidency but he can't even do that right, since a lot of his ardent white nationalist supporters have abandoned him because he didn't immediately send out right-wing death squads to gun down minorities after he got inaugurated.

One of the only things I like about him is that he's been so much of a polarizing figure that he's caused the Democrats to lurch left and thus mainstreamed several once "radical" leftist ideas that I support. They needed a wake-up call and he was the perfect person to do it. I can't wait for the 2020 elections.

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
He didn't get rid of the Mexicans and isn't literally Hitler.
He shames the memory of Eisenhower!

Really though I feel there's a lot not to like, though I try to keep my reasons mostly related to his role as president. I don't like Trump because I estimate him as an incompetent fool more concerned with his wallet and his ego than he is with effective governance of the nation. His understanding of global affairs is naive and one-dimensional and his grasp on the wheel of power is weak. His attention is mercurial and he often struggles to maintain a stable staffing for his administration. He is easily influenced/manipulated and his boorish ignorant behavior on the world stage is arguably just as humiliating and embarrassing as any of Obama's apology tours. That's not even mentioning his open, overt, and wanton corruption. Why does his daughter have any function as part of the government? Why is she directly involved in national affairs despite having no real qualifications for being party to any of it? And then also her husband Jared Kushner? Hello anybody? Everybody was so sick of Hillary and how she relied on her family name(s) to get where she was rather than any effective ability of her own...So wtf happened?! Why are people suddenly willing to tolerate nepotism just because its from the person they voted for? Oh wait did I answer my own question there?

I don't think he's literally Hitler but I wouldn't say he makes for a very good fit as president. I don't want anybody to kill him, but I will quietly hope he chokes on a KFC biscuit with not enough gravy to wash it down in time.

• Agree
Reactions: The Last Stand

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I hate the fact he's a cockholster for Israel and spends way too much time in twitter.
I actually agree with him on Israel. And China. And NAFTA. And lopsided trade deals where we give away way too much in general. And the general principle that having a ridiculously porous border with Mexico is a bad idea, although I think a wall is a terrible and impractical and even outright stupid way of addressing it.

Reactions: Trombonista

Your Average Soyboy

Soy Vey
kiwifarms.net
I really like a lot of Trump's ideas on a very basic level (secure our borders, renegotiate trade deals, try to stop China from becoming the dominant power), but he's such a thin-skinned bitch about anyone who doesn't completely kowtow to his every idiotic whim. If he could've just learned how to shut his damn mouth, his path to reelection would be so trivial, but he's too much of an egotistical megalomaniac to even consider that he might be making himself sound like a complete idiot almost every time he opens his mouth.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Trump is just an incompetent. Mind you, I can extend that to every other person in political power these days, but Trump talks a big talk while not really delivering on his promises. About the only thing going right for him right now is the talks with North Korea, and those are rocky at the best of times.

Reactions: Trombonista

Tryphaena

Rex cries after he ejaculates
kiwifarms.net
I don't hate him. I do think he's just an actor. He knows what a lot of people want and is just saying whatever it takes to keep them coming back. He has done some good. I won't take that from him. At the end of the day, he, and most other politicians, are just actors in a play and what the populace actually wants won't get done if it conflicts with the interests of those in power. We'll just get sold a few lines of bullshit with it to soften the blow and make us mad at the other side. "The republicans stopped Obama from doing x!" "The democrats stopped Trump from doing y!"

Regardless of who wins in 2020 we're just gonna get more false promises and another face to either cheer on or be mad at. Nothing will change unless we do an overhaul. Everyone is too busy arguing with each other to do it though.

A

AF 802

kiwifarms.net
I like his business policies (being self-employed for the near future, and not having to pay a shitload of taxes for shit policies is important), but the fact that quite of bit of his supporter base believe the most cringy of conspiracy shit (which can be seen in communities like The_Donald) just makes me shudder over supporting him further. I also happen to think Trump's kind of a jackass who really should just put down the phone for once (or at least, uninstall Twitter for a little while).

I just see Trump as a lite-neocon with a terrible personality. He's okay at best.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like Trump more now than I did when he was elected, but man he lets Congress spend as much as they want, probably as some kind of bargaining chip that they never feel inclined to honor. As rightfully cynical as he is with the media, he seems hapless against his fellow American politicians.

• Agree
Reactions: The Pink Panther
Trump is just an incompetent. Mind you, I can extend that to every other person in political power these days, but Trump talks a big talk while not really delivering on his promises. About the only thing going right for him right now is the talks with North Korea, and those are rocky at the best of times.
I hate how Trump has somehow caused people that look at a great economy and lack of foreign wars to say "meh he sucks".

His job is literally to make the country run well. It's running well despite a completely insane Dem party trying to crash the economy, not to mention an attempted coup just wrapping up.

Trump the person is a ridiculous clown though. As others have noted, he is bad at choosing staff.

Chadley Dickinson

kiwifarms.net
I hate how Trump has somehow caused people that look at a great economy and lack of foreign wars to say "meh he sucks".

His job is literally to make the country run well. It's running well despite a completely insane Dem party trying to crash the economy, not to mention an attempted coup just wrapping up.

Trump the person is a ridiculous clown though. As others have noted, he is bad at choosing staff.
I think that sentiment also ignores that, despite the trend of the imperial presidency going back to Wilson, the POTUS is not able to dictate everything (especially domestic policy) from on high. There are other institutions full of career civil servants which have their own agendas and own interpretation of Executive direction. There is also the legislature.

And to top it off, Trump is (or was at least) heavily and vocally anti-establishment. So not only is/was he dealing with institutional inertia but he was explicitly telling the deep state "I don't agree with your world view, and here's how I'm going to make you unemployed". That isn't going to foster a whole lot of cooperation on policy making.

Tags
None