Why do you criticize/dislike/hate Donald John Trump Senior? - Come criticize the US's 45th President here

Fek

What could possibly go wrong?
kiwifarms.net
Watching him at the G20 summit with raccoon lines from his tanning bed sunglasses made me laugh and <facepalm> simultaneously. It's nothing he hasn't toted before, but the lighting really brought em out when he was talking with the self-anointed emperor of the Zerg China.

Superficial? Sure, but anyone across the political spectrum can have a laugh about it.

U

UQ 770

kiwifarms.net
I obviously don't agree with much of his policies but the one that bothers me the most is actually the economy. Yeah, its great right now, but let's keep in mind that this dude had ties to the Clintons and quite a few of the policies that Big Bill and Dubbya implemented either led to or exacerbated the 2008 recession. Pretending he's been in office long enough to actually have a noticable effect on the economy is kind of ridiculous given that you don't see significant change usually until years and years after those policies were implemented.

There's a bunch of skeevy Enron-level trash occuring right now with our loan industries that's setting us up for another 2008. This grace period is just a nice little swell before we take the plunge again and end up in deep shit. A lot of that can be chalked up to the Obama Administration's flippant attitude on mitigating the damage from 2008, but lets be honest here and note that a guy infamous for a bunch of his companies going bust is probably not going to actually help fix the economy in the long run.

Weirdly enough my opinion of his character has kind of become the opposite as time goes on. I found his public persona really abrasive at first but after he won the act of watching a narcissistic dude who reminds me of my crook grandfather stagger around and just make a joke of modern politics has been pretty catharic. Hillary wasn't really going to do much of anything that he hasn't, and if anything his inexperience and obession with boomer political points has probably kept him from fucking things up even more than the average neolib president would have.

I obviously don't agree with much of his policies but the one that bothers me the most is actually the economy. Yeah, its great right now, but let's keep in mind that this dude had ties to the Clintons and quite a few of the policies that Big Bill and Dubbya implemented either led to or exacerbated the 2008 recession. Pretending he's been in office long enough to actually have a noticable effect on the economy is kind of ridiculous given that you don't see significant change usually until years and years after those policies were implemented.

There's a bunch of skeevy Enron-level trash occuring right now with our loan industries that's setting us up for another 2008. This grace period is just a nice little swell before we take the plunge again and end up in deep shit. A lot of that can be chalked up to the Obama Administration's flippant attitude on mitigating the damage from 2008, but lets be honest here and note that a guy infamous for a bunch of his companies going bust is probably not going to actually help fix the economy in the long run.

Weirdly enough my opinion of his character has kind of become the opposite as time goes on. I found his public persona really abrasive at first but after he won the act of watching a narcissistic dude who reminds me of my crook grandfather stagger around and just make a joke of modern politics has been pretty catharic. Hillary wasn't really going to do much of anything that he hasn't, and if anything his inexperience and obession with boomer political points has probably kept him from fucking things up even more than the average neolib president would have.
Gimme some links then! I am not willing to credit Obama with this economic situation unless you can back it up...

U

UQ 770

kiwifarms.net
Gimme some links then! I am not willing to credit Obama with this economic situation unless you can back it up...
I think you misinterpreted. Under Obama there was a continued trend of deregulation and encouragement of bad lending practices that, as I was saying, has the economy poised to shit itself again in probably the next couple of years. I suppose indirectly he's also responsible for this swell, but thats an incidental thing probably caused by the momentary boost you get as the people with insider knowledge start selling off the assets they know are fucked to suckers. Trading increases for a bit during those period though, so things appear to be doing better, but its a sign there's gonna be a plunge. I can dig up some links on that if you'd like but I'm pretty sure we're both familar with lending companies being shitty and corrupt.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While Trump is great at making the media lose it's shit and play into his hands, he's not very good at all making that work for legislation.

The problem is that unlike the media, which is mostly driven by agendas and knee jerk emotion and he can play off that well, the legislature has a thing called "bureaucracy" they can use to defy, defray, and obstruct what he wants accomplished, and unfortunately his opponents are masters at manipulating that.

Granted, it's backfired for the latter quite a bit, but they force him to work much harder than he needs to for some of his victories.

Chichan

kiwifarms.net
I like his brash personality i'm not big on stuffy people because I used to be like that so, it was breath of fresh air. He is going to lower the cost of medication through an executive order. The economy for now is good. The tax cuts did help for a bit. He pisses off a lot of people and he's funny. He didn't do shit to iran which made me happy because I am sick of war. Meeting Kim half way at the dmz was a good show of strength. He also had a vision for America unlike Hillary who's thing is basically i'm a woman its my turn. His doj is going after high profile pedophiles. Now what pisses me off is he still hasn't given these fucks term limits. His descision to move the embassy from Televiv to Jerusalem was dumb. The whole point is to avoid war in the middle east not start one over trivial shit. The only plus is it puts a hole in the media's narrative that he is anti-semetic even though the guy's grand kids are fuckin jews sigh. Fucking shilling for APAC. The times when he tweets and the way its worded gives the media way too much ammunition. On free speech I feel his opinion is too murky for me because the way it sounds its just about political speech not about about words that are considered offensive even though offense is taken not given. He should have started with immigration because he wasted lots of political capital on trying to repeal and replace Obama care. The wall is being made. but its sad a group of americans has to buy a piece of the property and hire contractors themselves when the whole point of the federal government is to protect its citizens from foreign invaders. Also don't give the whole immigration will relieve poverty shit it doesn't. It makes the host countries these people are going into poorer themselves because some of them go on the government dole. Why do you think Europe is failing so miserably now? Their altruism has led to the destruction of their countries. The majority of the people also bring their shitty culture and fucking beliefs/politics that made their country shit in the first place. Its just basically an elevated form of poverty they live in its fucked.
We now have states allowing illegal immigrants to vote. That's what pisses me off about Trump.

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
Not American but I will say this about him. There are two major things I dislike about him, he did not correct the wrong of past administrations to keep hiring foreign workers over citizens to work for a lower wage. He seemed to talk a lot about that but according to quite a few sources there is little evidence to suggest that this type of hiring practice has stopped. Companies are still doing it.

Another is his ''pretend outrage'' stance on abortion in order to appeal to single issue voters. Appealing to single issue voters who are probably mentally unstable if that's all they care about is pathetic. If he's as good of a leader as he promised to be he wouldn't need these people to win again.

Most importantly, what will be his legacy?

Benisinbagina

kiwifarms.net
His staffing decisions and his inability to understand how to use the tools of the executive. Trump is someone with great political instincts and on the issues he cares about coherent positions that are the best ones America has available but anything that he can't singlehandedly do has been a shitshow. A part of this is sabotage, a part of it is a shallow bench but a lot of it is him not following his better judgment and not bothering to even now organize - there's no entryism by people with those views, if anything he's done everything in his power to go for the safe choices in his party and the result is that both the GOP at large and his closest cabinet are pussies indistinguishable from his opposition. This is fine if there's no crisis, but when there is, like with the riots now, you see him bounce from his correct instinctive position to the one he's been talked into and ultimately ends up doing nothing.

welcometotherock

Chanticleer Hegemony
kiwifarms.net
My only criticism of Trump is that he's a vitriolic manchild who has no sense of tact, let alone any idea of competent staffing choice. The only two things he's done thus far that are actually beneficial are withdrawing from TPP/Paris Climate Accord and making sure that we don't get into an all-out war with Russia due to Clinton's lust for a no-fly zone.

His entire platform was predicated upon this notion of "draining the swamp," but how exactly did the swamp get drained? He's surrounded himself with Obama/Bush/Clinton-era policy advisors and we've yet to get out of Syria despite that being one of his major campaign promises. We don't have a repeat of Patriot Act or NSA PRISM, but his rhetoric on Section 230 is basically proof that he cares more about shit that's convenient for him. There's more examples but I think you get my point.

The only thing that seals my vote for Trump is that while Trump's own tendency to throw shitfits on Twitter is embarassing, it isn't the worst thing in the world. Biden has proven time and again to be the candidate of Wall Street, the military-industrial complex, and so on. A mediocre track record is a lot better than an outright awful one like Biden's.

In short: I don't like Trump for two reasons - he's a manchild and the only reason worth voting for him boils down to Trump being less awful than the competition.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
My only criticism of Trump is that he's a vitriolic manchild who has no sense of tact, let alone any idea of competent staffing choice. The only two things he's done thus far that are actually beneficial are withdrawing from TPP/Paris Climate Accord and making sure that we don't get into an all-out war with Russia due to Clinton's lust for a no-fly zone.
Yeah that sums my thoughts up too. I still have yet to see the concentration camps for fags and blacks or any of the other "fourth riech " doomsday his naysayers or people with tds claim was gonna Be his first act as Prez. But frankly I'm not impressed either. Hell not even the trumpbux was enough to convince me he's anything more than a 1%er who just got lucky and only won last election because wholeness and PC culture was getting out of hand. And putting a republican back in the white house and keeping a woman out of it would be like the ultimate libtard dreamcrusher

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
Yeah that sums my thoughts up too. I still have yet to see the concentration camps for fags and blacks or any of the other "fourth riech " doomsday his naysayers or people with tds claim was gonna Be his first act as Prez. But frankly I'm not impressed either. Hell not even the trumpbux was enough to convince me he's anything more than a 1%er who just got lucky and only won last election because wholeness and PC culture was getting out of hand. And putting a republican back in the white house and keeping a woman out of it would be like the ultimate libtard dreamcrusher
I suspect a certain amount of nostalgia was responsible for Donald Trump coming to office. Some people longed for a time that was, and ''MAGA'' was of course a slogan from the Reagan campaign.

But for some people to ever desire the type of economics, values and demographics of the 1980's is of course impossible for 2020. There was a reason why things sort of worked back then and they won't work now in the same way.

Bork Laser

#borked
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My problem with him, beyond what people have already said, is that he can’t capitalize on a moment. Especially with China. Like it or not we are hitting a new Cold War with China. China is exerting influence everywhere it can. The coronavirus started to slam their economic output but we didn’t capitalize on it. Instead we are the bumbling idiots now as the virus slams us.

As much as people don’t like Europe and the EU, we need them to take on China. Overtly threatening them like Trump has is only hurting us and giving China a hole to dig into. I see a lot of people here who want us to pull back from the international stage but at the same time tell China to go fuck itself and stop interfering with our culture.

You cannot have it both ways. If you want China beaten back like how we beat back the Soviet Union, the US has to take back that leadership role

• Agree
Reactions: GoingGrink

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
He's letting statues and monuments get ripped down and vandalized to get reelected.
I’m no Trump fan, but is there really anything he can do about that? If a city decides to tear down some statues the fedgov can’t say “no your statues have to stay.” Even some Republicans that like the statues would likely consider that to be gross federal overreach

Reactions: Rafal Gan Ganowicz

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m no Trump fan, but is there really anything he can do about that? If a city decides to tear down some statues the fedgov can’t say “no your statues have to stay.” Even some Republicans that like the statues would likely consider that to be gross federal overreach
It is not the cities mostly doing it; I'm talking about the vandalism where people are getting rope and ripping down statues and incidents of arson.

Yeah there isn't anything he can do if a City legally takes them down.

Rafal Gan Ganowicz

Please do not rate this user's posts autistic.
kiwifarms.net
I dislike that he's taking a second run, when Trey Gowdy or Dan Crenshaw should be having a go at it. He was a necessary correction, but generally useless.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It depends on whose statues they are. Cities can't tear down federal monuments, or for that matter, anything owned by federal agencies like the National Park Service.

Yeah there isn't anything he can do if a City legally takes them down.
Emphasis on legally. They can't legally tear down anything privately owned, at least not without compensating the owner and some public use, i.e. eminent domain.

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
Main complaints:
- Too eager to pick unnecessary fights and make unnecessary boasts on Twitter when silence would have been golden- this made him unnecessarily polarizing
- Tried to deal with NeoCons (why did he have to bring in Bolton?), some other lapses in judgment regarding appointees
- Was not able to flush out Obama-era appointments early in his administration, which caused him significant problems down the road

Unfortunately, he's the only one willing to fight dirty and stand up for the idea of America at the moment. Biden and the Democrats sure aren't, and I feel that other Republicans aren't ready yet.

Tags
None