Why does the internet seem to be full of "intellectuals"?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Clop

kiwifarms.net
What the fuck is intellectual about trying to prove that something doesn't give you enjoyment? That sounds like being a buzzkill cunt to me.

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
kiwifarms.net
The Dunning Kreuger Effect is one hell of an effect of human psychology.

Also, it has to do with real life frustrations and personal baggage that they're all the more willing to vent out unhealthily. For every elitist forum lord, blog owner, and website domain head, there's always a special snowflake thin skinned special episode of self pitying and vindictiveness in their personal history that fuels their power lust into the present.

Also, I blame human hubris and unchanged paradigms of human thinking. What, you thought atheism and scientific rationalism would help give the world some sanity and rationality? Good luck changing the ways of thinking of people whose ancestors were once hardcore Christians and religiously devout pious worshippers with a form of worldly logical thinking that's only been around prominently in mainstream thinking for not even 100 years. That's why we have neckbeard science faith ponyfuckers and everyone and their mom thinking they know everything because they live in a nation where they're lucky to not be still hunting for food at night.

DaddyCowboy

Head-Honcho at Ram Ranch
kiwifarms.net
In this day in age, pretty much everyone in the 1st world has access to any information they want to learn about, so they think themselves as super-human brainiacs after 30 minutes of googling a certain topic that pretty much 99% of the population doesn't give a shit about. They think that name-dropping and using buzzwords make them a lot better then the average "low IQ" individual, and because it's the internet, they can boost their ego to their hearts content.

⋖ cørdion ⋗

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
The fuck are you meant to write online if not statements? Go into a thread and write "I don't know shit. Enlighten me"? Nobody wants that.

I mean fuck, even KF says "If what you say adds nothing; don't post".

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
The fuck are you meant to write online if not statements? Go into a thread and write "I don't know shit. Enlighten me"? Nobody wants that.

I mean fuck, even KF says "If what you say adds nothing; don't post".
Basically. Post what you know or think you know. Be prepared to be told you're wrong and dumb, and why. Learn, assuming they're not wronger and dumber than you - or continue being a fucking idiot and get laughed at.

This is what the Internet theoretically should shine at. Peer-to-peer knowledge-broadening exercises, aka arguments and debates. It's only a buzzkill to approach the matter somewhat intelligently if you're a fucking idiot with a complex about it.

Q

QI 541

kiwifarms.net
Something about our culture or human nature makes people think they can become experts in something with no practical experience.

Autocrat

Fascist Emperor God-King
kiwifarms.net
Thinking in depth about something means that you don't enjoy it?

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
The internet opens up a lot of possibilities, and that naturally means that people will be spending most, if not all, of their free time on it (I know from first-hand experience).

You just put two and two together and BAM!, you got a bunch of people who think they know what words mean or sound smart because they read it on Wikipedia/TVTropes/[insert other site here] or watched videos on YouTube and thought "I need to show people I know what I'm saying."

Thinking in depth about something means that you don't enjoy it?
I always took it as the opposite. Maybe I shouldn't?

CitizenJane

Very naughty girl
kiwifarms.net
It seems like a lot of people can't enjoy anything anymore without scientifically dissecting it and proving they don't get enjoyment out of it. Why can't we just discuss things on most websites without being scientific about it? My tip is, if you feel the need to do so, you're probably not as smart as you think you are.
Is this why you commie bootlickers always kill the intellectuals first? You're just sick of hearing them rip apart your love of My Little Pony?

A

AF 802

kiwifarms.net
Is this why you commie bootlickers always kill the intellectuals first? You're just sick of hearing them rip apart your love of My Little Pony?

imagine taking a user title this seriously you get mad at the internet over the OP :story:

Or are you just one of those types that find even the slightest of left stuff to be communist?