Why doesn't reCaptcha fucking work half the time on Brave -

Joe Swanson

kiwifarms.net
Captcha in general is fucking retarded. The ones where you had to type out the weirdly warped letters/numbers were fine, but fuck those picture ones. You can be shown a picture of a crosswalk being in a row of boxes or a traffic light being in only ONE box, and after you click on them, it'll still tell you you're wrong.
thats because google is training an AI with it

Fireman Sam

Sam is the hero next door
kiwifarms.net
It's Google powered, it probably uses some really nifty and sensitive metadata that Brave naturally blocks so fucks you off with longer captchas?
I find this problem on 4chan, captchas take forever to fucking accept and most of the time I won't bother wasting the time to post. Lurking there is like lurking reddit these days anyway so I'm not missing out on much.

Yep, they are using you as an unpaid waggie to train it; Also @Y2K Baby they are punishing you for using the 'wrong' browser, which is why it runs even slower.
Do you remember when captchas were just two words and you could simply put the last word as 'nigger' and it would accept it as correct?
I miss those simpler times, sure they were training their AI but at least it felt like you could stick it to them a little.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's Google powered, it probably uses some really nifty and sensitive metadata that Brave naturally blocks so fucks you off with longer captchas?
I find this problem on 4chan, captchas take forever to fucking accept and most of the time I won't bother wasting the time to post. Lurking there is like lurking reddit these days anyway so I'm not missing out on much.

Do you remember when captchas were just two words and you could simply put the last word as 'nigger' and it would accept it as correct?
I miss those simpler times, sure they were training their AI but at least it felt like you could stick it to them a little.
t.jew

Reactions: Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Sam is the hero next door
kiwifarms.net
Oy, use Google Chrome for faster captchas, goyy--- I mean, friend!

IMO Brave is good enough, I like it, some people prefer the convenience of Chrome or Firefox. I think Brave's adblock is a lot better. As long as it's not Egde, Microsoft deadass made an forced update on Windjews 10 that forcibly reset the default browser to Edge.
I just want control over my own shit, is that too hard to ask for one of G-d's Chosen?

Reactions: 3119967d0c

Ponchik

kiwifarms.net
lol it's because google specifically fucking engineers recaptcha to discriminate against anything that isn't Chrome™ - i've primarily used pale moon for months now and without fail, every single time a site (4ch included) slaps recaptcha in my face, i have to solve three of them before it goes through. doesn't matter if i deliberately fuck up or if i make a genuine mistake or if i do everything right, i have to click on three different assortments of blurry traffic lights and bend over for alphabet inc. while they clap like a damn seal. and this is all because i'm not using the latest and greatest version of Google's truly cutting-edge Chrome browser... which clearly must be amazing if cool normal people use it!!

i thought recaptcha played nice with firefox (which has been a chrome wannabe for years) and most chromium browsers so i don't know why it hates brave specifically, maybe some disgruntled employee has a hateboner for brendan eich. i was really underwhelmed by brave, but i dont remember recaptcha being particularly terrible while using it

a select few sites have started using hcaptcha instead, which i know almost nothing about, but it doesn't seem to be as horrifically biased as recaptcha

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't seem to have any more trouble with captcha on Brave than I did on Chrome. Submit a ticket to your programmers and see if they can patch this bug in your code.

• Feels
Reactions: Y2K Baby

Branchland Count

kiwifarms.net
Use the audio captchas, they're about as easy as the old 2 word ones. You can even write nigger most of the time as long as the first word is correct.

Captcha is calibrated for things like signing up for websites, not posting on 4chan, more than a couple of requests in a short time and it thinks you're a bot.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lol it's because google specifically fucking engineers recaptcha to discriminate against anything that isn't Chrome™ - i've primarily used pale moon for months now and without fail, every single time a site (4ch included) slaps recaptcha in my face, i have to solve three of them before it goes through. doesn't matter if i deliberately fuck up or if i make a genuine mistake or if i do everything right, i have to click on three different assortments of blurry traffic lights and bend over for alphabet inc. while they clap like a damn seal. and this is all because i'm not using the latest and greatest version of Google's truly cutting-edge Chrome browser... which clearly must be amazing if cool normal people use it!!

i thought recaptcha played nice with firefox (which has been a chrome wannabe for years) and most chromium browsers so i don't know why it hates brave specifically, maybe some disgruntled employee has a hateboner for brendan eich. i was really underwhelmed by brave, but i dont remember recaptcha being particularly terrible while using it

a select few sites have started using hcaptcha instead, which i know almost nothing about, but it doesn't seem to be as horrifically biased as recaptcha
The fuck is Pale Moon

Pargon

He don't
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is why I always pick the wrong answers. In the future when some robot goes apeshit and decides to kill anyone eating hotdogs, I will smile. Knowing I fucked that up.
But then how do you log into the secret KF discord? :(

Also I use Brave exclusively and never have any problems unless I'm connected to my VPN which makes recaptcha unperson me.

Tags
None