Why don't people like modern art? -

• The site was compromised. (Initial announcement) (What to do)
    Okay, now attachments should be working and the site should be very fast. If not, report it.

Clop

kiwifarms.net

Any other questions?

Once in a fucking lifetime someone gets their work sold for millions and it's cunts like this who get the deal. They're the only ones on the news. No capable artist gets this kind of deal. That's a good reason to hate modern art as a scene.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Any other questions?

Once in a fucking lifetime someone gets their work sold for millions and it's cunts like this who get the deal. They're the only ones on the news. No capable artist gets this kind of deal. That's a good reason to hate modern art as a scene.
I sometimes wonder if there's some kind of money laundering involved when you see sales of art like that.

Arctic Fox

Does it have to be so cold?
kiwifarms.net
Modern art as in the modern, weird abstract or just revolting style, or just art made today?
Even with the crazy coastal hipsterish art, there's still good art made today. I've seen beautiful works of art made by people online.

Kuchipatchi

Wipipo, amirite?
kiwifarms.net
I hate contemporary art because it's those piece of shit art that's "meant to make a statement, man" but is actually just literal junk glued together. Real artists' work go unnoticed because they are more modest and don't want to make a faux statement for the sake of money.

Modern art is random garbage hyped up a "critique" of capitalism, which is often sold off the highest bidder at many times its actual value to launder money.
HA HA HA HA! Yeah, smashing capitalism, amirite? Capitalism is such a bitch.

Rand /pol/

Free @Corrugated Daffodils
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because it's shit.

But really because most of it is about marketing than actual talent, there's some interesting pieces but most of it seems to need an introduction to explain the pseudointellectual nature of the work.

Any other questions?

Because it sucks ass.
Modern art is the woman shitting paint out her ass onto a canvas, or the fucking painted cube your shithead mayor put in the town square.

Nothing but sheer laziness and filth
Modern art is random garbage hyped up a "critique" of capitalism, which is often sold off the highest bidder at many times its actual value to launder money. At least when that occurs with old art, it actual piece has some aesthetic value.
I feel like emotions, opinions, thoughts, etc. can be conveyed better through modern art than with classical paintings or marble statues or whatever people point to when they think of "art". It's more just a case of how you use it.

This video explains it perfectly.

Kill yourself.

Clop

kiwifarms.net
I feel like emotions, opinions, thoughts, etc. can be conveyed better through modern art than with classical paintings or marble statues or whatever people point to when they think of "art". It's more just a case of how you use it.
Sure, maybe, but you're @Ron /pol/ you don't have any emotions or opinions, and even less thought. Everyone knows this.

LateNightComics

I died in the comic book.
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net

Kill yourself.
Art is a subjective medium and modern art tends to be made by and for the creator. This becomes a very niche market. This is like asking why people don't like curling their moustache.

Asking this question is begging for these type responses.

Agent Nahman Jayden

Acts like he's from space
kiwifarms.net
Well alright, lemme tweak the answer slightly to correspond to your own personal input: Most modern art is shit because the "emotions" and "feelings" the artists want to convey are shit and no one cares that you feel like a stack of chairs glued together by menstrual blood.

Wait, why is some guy unironically paying millions of dollars for that...??

"Because I'm jealous that my stupid ideas don't pay my bills because I'm not a hack sellout with superficial emotions".

Rat Lord

Sniffsniffsniffsnifff
kiwifarms.net
Because the whole industry is a piece of shit. It is extremely exclusive and the only way to become a famous artist now is with an inside connection or lots and lots of money. Then theres the buyers, they pay insanely inflated prices for a pile of garbage not because they like it, it's so that they can brag about owning a piece from XYZ artist

Most famous 'artists' nowadays are stuck up millionaires who halfass it and throw things together without a care because, hey, someone's gonna pay 2+ million for it whether it's good or not.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino