Why dox?

Just A Butt

are you some sort of mexican?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Everybody i was going to go to your profile and reeeeeeeeeeee at you for making me post a serious answer in my litterbox subforum but then i saw this pussy shit:
1629931261705.png

what's up with that, yo? what you hidin' in there?

Rungle

I'm not that nice, I'm mean and I'm EBIL!!!
kiwifarms.net
I personally am against doxing someone unless they did something horrendous like kero, or they need help, like Chris.
I honestly could not give two asses about some rando on the internet knowing where I live, what the fuck are they gonna do?
run me over with their mobility scooter?
I mean if you can dox me and come to my house I'd probably invite you in for a cup of tea.

The Sacred Chao

deeply closeted
kiwifarms.net
@Everybody i was going to go to your profile and reeeeeeeeeeee at you for making me post a serious answer in my litterbox subforum but then i saw this pussy shit:
View attachment 2480072
That feature is gay as fuck. It should only be enabled for paypigs supporters or at least disabled for accounts under 6 months.

Jolly Copulation

Keeping his Zwei hand strong.
kiwifarms.net
They fucking dox themselves 10/10 times. We just compile the information from Facebook, Twatter, and etc. If degenerates don't want to be doxxed, stop putting TMI on the fucking internet. Why the hell would you ever put your fucking address online when your real-life facebook friends know where you live already? People who do that shit deserve to be halal'd.

NoonmanR

kiwifarms.net
I've asked a few people something like this, and the answer i get is more or less as a bargaining chip, or to make them noided out. Personally i always thought it was just for criminal background checks or some shit.

Everybody

I don't like cricket
kiwifarms.net
There are many reasons for doxxing - if the person being doxxed has done something horrible (pedophile, rapist, abuser, etc.), then putting their information out there lets others know who they are and/or to avoid them. It serves as a punishment. And to just say, "Look at this faggot, he touched a kid. Ew. Here's his address, get his ass."

Some people dox for a good laugh, although one could argue that putting seemingly innocent (albeit annoying) people's information online can be truly harmful. But we are all on this site to laugh at people, its kind of the norm.
Sounds accurate, I sorta had the question at the back of my head for a while and since I am still fairly new to the culture here I wondered if there was some historical reason or something else that I missed.

Who's defensive? Pretty much every answer has been some variation of "it's fun lol".

Are you against doxing? If so, why?
Not necessarily against it, I just fail to see the point in certain cases other than possibly intimidating the subjects. On the one hand "we are not an autistic illuminati" but the address made public will inevitably lead to some people contacting the cow and thus affecting the way they behave which in turn can lead to less interesting content.

PS: sometimes dox makes the cows DFE and stop posting, which is the worst sin of all. just food for thought.

not sorry for double posting either
Somewhat agree, if it's just your regular harmless cow then it's sad that they stop posting but if they cause harm to certain communities with their online presence then sure.

View attachment 2480072
Sorry, I wasn't interested in dealing with a certain scizo that hangs around in the Cwc fanart forum.
They can become a bit.. obsessed with certain users from time to time.
I can add you to my list if you want to DM? I think it would work anyway.

Last edited:

The Sacred Chao

deeply closeted
kiwifarms.net
Not necessarily against it, I just fail to see the point in certain cases other than possibly intimidating the subjects. On the one hand "we are not an autistic illuminati" but the address made public will inevitably lead to some people contacting the cow and thus affecting the way they behave which in turn can lead to less interesting content.
Sounds like you're asking if doxing is moral.
It shouldn't be allowed for anybody, supporters are valid targets too.
I'd take the block feature away, too.