why eating on camera helps me... 9/6/2019 - Day 80 of 100

Norisent

kiwifarms.net
My vet told me it’s not a grain free diet that’s bad it’s grain free dog food specifically. It’s been linked to canine heart disease and no one knows why so it’s best to just avoid it all together.
Surprisingly, vets don't have to take many classes on nutrition to be a vet. The majority of the time, the few nutrition classes vet schools have are run by Hill's Science Diet and Royal Canin themselves. These brands are crazy overpriced for the overall low quality nutrition the food provides. While it is true that certain grain free diets can cause heart problems, I've seen studies in Europe linking it to an Immunol disorder, which may be from vaccines. By all means obviously vaccinate your pets still, but the link to the problem isn't clear yet. Dogs typically can't digest grain well or at all.

EmpressOfLucite

I'm just a dry gorl
kiwifarms.net
I feel like we're at that junction where a tv show we all liked to watch has lost its charm and its focus, and now we're just keeping tabs on it because we want to know how it ultimately ends.

Six years ago a much lighter Amber decided she wanted to be like Trisha Paytas. She represented everything Amber felt she was deep down, or at least what she wanted to be, and everything she could've been had her cards been dealt differently. Bigger (but still healthy!), living in California, pretty, famous and celebrated, eating all the food she wants and getting paid to do it on camera. Trisha was both an aspiration and an excuse to indulge in all the problematic behaviours she frequently fell into. If Trisha can order everything off the Dominos menu and eat it in her living room on camera, I can too!

We've all noted it before, but Amber HEAVILY emulates Trisha with the dumbest shit. For example, Trisha likes her fast food chicken sandwiches "dry" and so does Amber. There are a million little things like this that Amber weirdly focuses on and accentuates that, when coming from Trish seem completely innocuous. Trish will say it once in passing in a single video, and our gorl will repeat it verbatim for a month.

It does go beyond Trish in other ways too. The Torrid hauls, the "Get Ready With Me" videos - they're all ways she can convince herself and the people around her in real life that she's a part of this Youtube community, and actively engaging in it. Being a YOUTUBER is hard! You have to do all these video styles that are on trend to keep your audience happy and engaged! It's a full time job!

What she failed to realize six years ago is that Trish, like many other YouTubers at the time, were aspiring actors, tv personalities, creatives, etc that came across this new (and free!) medium of self expression. It was a way to cast and curate your own reality show of sorts, and hopefully it would get you noticed and cast in something bigger. It's calculated, curated and most importantly it was WORK. To Amber, Trish just eats all that shit on the daily, goes on a celery juice cleanse and poof, she's back to her normal weight. And Amber will never challenge that perception, because then she'd have to hold herself accountable for the half decade of gorging on cheap, processed fast food and rice.

Say what you will about the bigger youtube personalities, but the bottomline is in the six years that have past since Amber joined YouTube they all now own houses, businesses and investments, established tv careers and more. Trisha still trends online, even if it's all bullshit. AOn the other hand, gained 200lbs+, trapped herself in a shared, rented single floor shanty in the backwoods of Kentucky. The plot of the Amberlynn Reid show has run dry, and at this point most of us are just curious about the series finale. Specifically: will they have to cut her up to cremate her, or will they just burn the Gay Big Brother house down with her in it?

StrawberryDouche

kiwifarms.net
JFC, she acts as if she has to physically carry each kb of video from the phone to the internet. Amber just spent 18 hours shuttling coal out of the mine one lump at a time so you ingrates could have shoes on your feet this winter and this is the thanks she gets! FAWK!

wommart rat

kiwifarms.net
Say what you will about the bigger youtube personalities, but the bottomline is in the six years that have past since Amber joined YouTube they all now own houses, businesses and investments, established tv careers and more. Trisha still trends online, even if it's all bullshit. AOn the other hand, gained 200lbs+, trapped herself in a shared, rented single floor shanty in the backwoods of Kentucky. The plot of the Amberlynn Reid show has run dry, and at this point most of us are just curious about the series finale. Specifically: will they have to cut her up to cremate her, or will they just burn the Gay Big Brother house down with her in it?
I agree with you though I will add that Hambur has been pretty successful given the low effort quality of her content. If an average-sized person was trying on ugly clothes, applying ugly makeup, and eating sad salads, barely anyone would care. Hambur really owes everything to her ballooning size, so its no wonder she has no real genuine interest in losing weight.

EmpressOfLucite

I'm just a dry gorl
kiwifarms.net
I agree with you though I will add that Hambur has been pretty successful given the low effort quality of her content. If an average-sized person was trying on ugly clothes, applying ugly makeup, and eating sad salads, barely anyone would care. Hambur really owes everything to her ballooning size, so its no wonder she has no real genuine interest in losing weight.
Fair, but that's if you measure success by monetary gain rather than accomplishments, and a variety of them at that. I wouldn't call making 10k a month a success if you're still living the way she does. She can't even put in the modicum of effort it takes to reap the benefits of a high income. It's fucking pathetic. There are YouTubers out there with less followers than her who use the platform to cover the costs of traveling the entire world for christ's sake.

She's simply a fat mistake that has a morbidly curious audience. :)

DelicateMageflower

It's Algonquin for bloodsport.
kiwifarms.net
In terms of AdSense revenue, yeah, she's successful, all things considered.

But she doesn't get respect. She's not invited to events or to do collabs with other YouTubers. Companies aren't showering her with free shit or asking for her to endorse their product. Shane Dawson isn't begging to tell her life story.

So sure, she makes money, but she doesn't have the ambition to take her platform and create other revenue streams, and the vast majority or viewers and fellow creators think she is a joke and stay far, far away, unless it's a reaction or opinion video.

Blathersnake

kiwifarms.net
In terms of AdSense revenue, yeah, she's successful, all things considered.

But she doesn't get respect. She's not invited to events or to do collabs with other YouTubers. Companies aren't showering her with free shit or asking for her to endorse their product. Shane Dawson isn't begging to tell her life story.

So sure, she makes money, but she doesn't have the ambition to take her platform and create other revenue streams, and the vast majority or viewers and fellow creators think she is a joke and stay far, far away, unless it's a reaction or opinion video.
Sums it up pretty well. I think at one point she wanted to be taken seriously but now she knows she is a joke. If she wasn't such a crap person who no emotions, I'd think on some level she'd be hurt. But nah, as long as she has money to eat away whatever feelings she has left, she doesn't care.

Madam Spergwell

moist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If she actually would learn to cook, she could make herself a beef stew with carrots, onions and potatoes and portion it out. It would be way more satisfying than a salad. The chances of this are highly unlikely though considering Al believes herself to be a chef extraordinaire.
Agreed. There are so many quick and easy recipes online that even someone who doesn't like cooking can make. And I still can't believe that someone who weighs 600lbs hates cooking. How is food the center of your world, yet you can't be bothered to cook beyond opening a bag or a can? It's her primary interest, yet she doesn't want to learn a thing about it. Mind boggling.

Synthwave

Junk Culture
kiwifarms.net
If she actually would learn to cook, she could make herself a beef stew with carrots, onions and potatoes and portion it out. It would be way more satisfying than a salad. The chances of this are highly unlikely though considering Al believes herself to be a chef extraordinaire.
I think the real trouble is in the portion part. She could portion it out, eat in the day like a normal human but when the binge monster comes to pay a visit, she would devour the remaining 6 portions too. Portioning is not an option to someone who has as little self control as she does.

JambledUpWords

Orange chicken’s #1 fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Agreed. There are so many quick and easy recipes online that even someone who doesn't like cooking can make. And I still can't believe that someone who weighs 600lbs hates cooking. How is food the center of your world, yet you can't be bothered to cook beyond opening a bag or a can? It's her primary interest, yet she doesn't want to learn a thing about it. Mind boggling.
In her ideal world, she’d live like an aristocrat and have a personal chef make her any food she desires. Most people have to cook their own food though. Al sees herself as above most people. Like you said, there are many easy recipes for her to follow. The problem with that is for Al, it requires effort and thinking. She doesn’t want to put in any effort or thought unless it’s absolutely necessary (like tricking Becky into driving her to the Cheesecake Factory). If Al was born into riches, her spending and eating habits would be even worse than they are now.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino