Why every celebrity has the same identical political opinion - Trying to make sense of celebrity lolcows

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
While it's obviously a case of those media personalities being in risk of losing their jobs if they express wrongthink, the bigger question is why the ones that have "fuck off money" are still parroting the political opinions. My guess is that those people have lived in the cult of the woke their whole lives to the point that becoming a heretic/right-winger is unthinkable, with the few that actually do change just getting cancelled and memory-holed.

-4ZURE-

Kill Every Last One of Them!
kiwifarms.net
Well they are failing then as a majority of gen z seems to be republican or Bernie left, which are pretty much treated the same way. Just a bunch of Gen xers going off or identity political millennials saying they bad because they are too crazy, or their white, or something about “returning to normalcy.”

If anything, many of these celebrities are just trying to hold on to relevancy in the modern world. Their only audience seems to be those born around the 80s or 90s, thus they are trying to play to those generations. Millennial liberals had some of the strongest voices back in 2015, so companies and celebs know it to be a profitable market. Of course, it wasn’t, but hindsight can be an awful thing. You also have a lot of Gen X in the audience, who treat Obama like the new Reagan, saying he is one of the most truthful and greatest leaders of the time. They also were big on the Clintons as they were the anti-establishment candidates of their era. Add in that many celebrities have connections to the liberal circle (Clinton - Obama - Biden), and the politics start making sense.

Ultimately, in the advent of the YouTube world, the Hollywood industry is being phased out. Most of these politics are likely an attempt to further push against the inevitable. It also doesn’t help that many stars are only cared for by the franchise they are in nowadays, so maybe politics is an avenue to have a voice. It makes people like Robert Downe Jr. more than Iron Man or the character they play from hit franchises like the MCU or Star Wars.
Should clarify more...Hopefully?

The entertainment industry has been going progressively more liberal for years, but they did so because each generation after boomers was more left-leaning than the previous. The reason so many celebrities nowadays are very vocal is because they are late to the party. Many of them appeared in 2016 as the SJW online campaign blew up in 2015 and 2016. Many companies and celebs went in to capitalize on the trend, slowly leading to their downfall. The reasons for are obvious as they either did it to appeal to the Twitter/YouTube woke crowd and draw them in for more business, or they wanted to avoid the labels that come with infuriating them. As for why they continued, it likely is a want to remain in the public or just being out of touch. General audiences are now more removed from television then ever, and the younger generations are growing up on YouTube as their content stream, which is far from Hollywood for the most part. They need to keep an audience that grew up on television and movies, so they are trying to respond to the modern political demands. Because Anti-Trumpers are super vocal, they went with them until recently as they thought it was perfect for revenue.

Other factors, more likely for celebs instead of general companies, is group think or the fact that many brought up now were already politically charged to begin with. Celebs live in a bubble, and thus believe in the bubble. Seeing as there are stories of Cartoon Network getting hijacked by lefties through Adventure Time bringing in people from Tumblr and thus leading to Rebecca Sugar, which lead to her wanting more left-wing group think and bringing in more idealogs, I assume the rest of entertainment is likely the same. It takes one extremist to bring in more.

There’s also left-wing friendships. I think people like Amy Schumer are friends with Hillary, and I definitely know the Obamas have lots of friends in Hollywood. They likely go against Trump to aid their political friends. I.E. helping Biden or Hillary win the election.

I also think it is likely attention seeking. I believe there was an article recently detailing that people have stopped going to movies based on the star power, and are instead basing their purchase on the franchise. Many celebs are just their characters now. It seems people care less about the man or woman behind the mask, as much as they just care about seeing a new Batman or Marvel film. This must kill a bit of a celeb on the inside as they aren’t really being the stars anymore. Political tirades get attention, especially from media outlets, so it could be the reason.

The last reason I can think is trying to avoid political activists. The #MeToo took off, so many are likely trying to hide the bad by putting on a liberal persona.

As for the generations, Gen Z is said to be highly rebuplican, and as one my self, I have seen my gen rant about Star Wars and Brie Larson. The Left agenda seems to be backfiring on the younger Gen as I feel more of them watch older material or YouTube. Big media stuff nowadays seems more aimed at people in the 80s and 90s, just trying to play to their nostalgia. The politics of those generations are thing placed in media nowadays and the structure of Hollywood. Or I should say, the vocal SJW part of the two generations.

2020Suicide

Homecoming King
kiwifarms.net
I don't know why people think this is new, (((they))) have been keeping republicans from succeeding in hollywood for a long time, even a century ago you would be hard pressed to find GOP voting people in hollywood, which is ironic because SoCal had the same reputation for conservatism as Texas has today.

sure you'll find a few tokens, but even then they A. Aren't open about it, B.get less opportunities C. end up working shitty roles, like on cable or direct-to-dvd.

You were more likely to find successful ones decades ago sure, but thats also because outside of the industry people didnt know anything about anyone unless they were told it. And even then people gave people a lot of leeway. Al Franken said years back he's surprised so many people didn't realize Dennis Miller was a conservative, even co-workers. but most people were too apathetic to politics to care or didn't understand when he wasn't the stereotype they had in their heads. also sometimes Miller would reply with a joke if people straight up asked him too, which didn't help in confirming it.

John Hughes was a Nixon loving Stan Smith-esque conservative, but because it didn't show through his writing, and he never really brought up politics no one knew. Which is rather odd considering he got his start writing for the national lampoon, which was extremely conservative (as you would expect from a bunch of harvwad educated WASPs, also the fact that the writers from his era that are still alive are conservative helps prove that point) but before his big break mainly wrote advertisements for cigarette companies so they can pander more effectively to teens.

a guy that sells cigarettes to children and says he would vote for nixon a third time is exactly what you would think of when you think of an evil 70s/80s republican stereotype.

SNL had a pretty conservative writers room up until the clinton era too. there were a lot of articles about it during those early 90s PC days, its probably why people like Farley/Sander/Macdonald/miller/O'rourke/Schneider/Quinn and others didn't feel out of place there. And a big reason for the right leaning writing room might be because of the fact that Lorne didn't employ jews very often for some reason,

The 3rd Hooligan

I have no eyes but I must shitpost
kiwifarms.net
While it's obviously a case of those media personalities being in risk of losing their jobs if they express wrongthink, the bigger question is why the ones that have "fuck off money" are still parroting the political opinions. My guess is that those people have lived in the cult of the woke their whole lives to the point that becoming a heretic/right-winger is unthinkable, with the few that actually do change just getting cancelled and memory-holed.
More money

Bum Driller

Cultural Appropriator & Cowboy Chemist
kiwifarms.net
I strongly believe that there is neither MKUltra -shit going on, nor their labels pushing them to do it. Truth, as always, is much simpler than that.

AFAIK, celebrities hang out mostly in same social circles as other celebrities. It's trendy nowadays amongst the liberal social circles to be of certain opinions, just like it has always been trendy to be of some opinion. Celebrities, for the large part, are people who get their income from jobs that demand lots of networking - acting, music, reality-tv, you-name-it. If the mood of their social circle is that something, anything, is fashionable opinion currently, they will parrot it to remain in the good graces of their producers and actor colleagues and the guy who shares his cocaine and hookers with them.

So, in essence, they don't dare to speak their mind of any issue, even if they had a genuine opinion on it, out of fear of getting outed from the "gang of cool kids". They have too much to lose, and probably most of them just don't care about the matters of society anyway, just like most of the normal people don't.

Oats12345

kiwifarms.net
Theirs some conservatives in hollywood. Some that even surprise me.

Jon Voight
James Woods
Nick Searcy
Kevin Sorbo
Dean Cain
Quinton Aaron (He played the main lead in the Blind Side)
Christopher Atkins (Played in the Blue Lagoon with Brooke Shields)
Chris Ashworth ( played Ukrainian guy in The Wire
Lou Ferrigno
Gary Busey
Charlie Sheen (came out Republican in 2015)
Jen Lily (Plays in Hallmark movies and soap operas)
Kirk Cameron
Patrica Heaton
Chuck Norris
Maria Canals-Barrera (Voice actress for Hawkwoman in the Justice league cartoon and played the mom on Wizards of Weavrly place)
Nathan Parsons
Kristy Swanson
Antino Sabato Jr.
Sylvester Stallone
Bruce Willis
Mel Gibson
William Shatner
Adam Carolla
Adam Baldwin
Rob Schneider
Kevin James
Adam Sandler
David Spade
candace Cameron Bure
kristie Alley
scott Baio
Tim Allen
chris Pratt ( is clearly a quite one)

And some more I may be forgetting. So there's a few here and there

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
Theirs some conservatives in hollywood. Some that even surprise me.

Jon Voight
James Woods
Nick Searcy
Kevin Sorbo
Dean Cain
Quinton Aaron (He played the main lead in the Blind Side)
Christopher Atkins (Played in the Blue Lagoon with Brooke Shields)
Chris Ashworth ( played Ukrainian guy in The Wire
Lou Ferrigno
Gary Busey
Charlie Sheen (came out Republican in 2015)
Jen Lily (Plays in Hallmark movies and soap operas)
Kirk Cameron
Patrica Heaton
Chuck Norris
Maria Canals-Barrera (Voice actress for Hawkwoman in the Justice league cartoon and played the mom on Wizards of Weavrly place)
Nathan Parsons
Kristy Swanson
Antino Sabato Jr.
Sylvester Stallone
Bruce Willis
Mel Gibson
William Shatner
Adam Carolla
Adam Baldwin
Rob Schneider
Kevin James
Adam Sandler
David Spade
candace Cameron Bure
kristie Alley
scott Baio
Tim Allen
chris Pratt ( is clearly a quite one)

And some more I may be forgetting. So there's a few here and there
Great list, but how could you forget Kelsey Grammer and Clint Eastwood?

If we want to add libertarians into the list (leftists see them just as evil as Republicans)

Trey Parker
Matt Stone
Drew Carey
Kurt Russell
Vince Vaughn

Edit: I'm also convinced Mike Judge is either a conservative or a libertarian as well.

Oats12345

kiwifarms.net
Great list, but how could you forget Kelsey Grammer and Clint Eastwood?

If we want to add libertarians into the list (leftists see them just as evil as Republicans)

Trey Parker
Matt Stone
Drew Carey
Kurt Russell
Vince Vaughn

Edit: I'm also convinced Mike Judge is either a conservative or a libertarian as well.
Yes, well i knew I was forgetting some. I can't belive i forgot those two along with Robert Davi
Yes, Libertarians pretty much count in the eyes of lefties and are dispise by Hollywood too.

I awalys pictured Seth McFarlane to be a libertarian like the south park guys. You could picture my surprise, when I found out he was a big leftie.

Some more conservatives i just remembered
Tom Selleck
Stacey Dash
Jenna Boyd ( actress who plays Paige, the girlfriend to the man character in Atypical, dont tell TV Tropes)
Jean Claude- Van Damme
Gary Sinrise
Michael Rooker (has said things in the past that implies he leans every conservative or libertarian)
Norman Reddus

You also got Mark Pellegrino best know for Lost and Supernatural. He is a Objectivist and even help created the American-Capitalist party. That petty much puts him near the right in Hollywood

Sopressata

kiwifarms.net
It makes sense when you really think about it. When I was in the bubble I was younger, idealistic and around others who were the same. I didn’t have real responsibilities, the reality of having to get up every morning and drag my ass to a job and worry about things like rent, taxes, my health, being able to buy food and meet expenses Etc. A lot of celebs are in a perpetual teenage state. The high profile ones you are hearing have managers, agents, maids and nannies and people doing their grunt work. They aren’t worried about their safety when they want to go grocery shopping for diapers, cat food and a loaf of bread because not have others who do these things for them. Many are atheists so religious freedom isn’t on their radar either (unless it’s a religion they know nothing about but it sounds exotic and persecuted to them like Muslim) , guns are evil to them because they don’t need to worry about protecting themselves that’s what they have hired security for (who likely carry a gun, oh the irony). Conservative values are bizarre and foreign to most of them.

A lot of normal people go through a liberal phase and grow out of it as they get older and reality hits them. When you look at the most vocal liberals during these times they are either very young, lack responsibilities or they are “off” ie something mental is up. Yes traditional liberals are not batshit but those aren’t the “liberals” we are now calling liberals and hearing the loudest. Celebs are just doing what is easiest. Social media is garbage. The same people who posted look at my new outfit or look at my meal are now getting likes and followers for BLM propaganda. It’s all a popularity contest and celebs make a living being popular. They fall into this garbage either by default or purposefully to make the right connections and get the attention they crave.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not to be too crude, but remember that when you're talking about celebrities, you're talking about people who sucked Harvey Weinstein's gangrenous phallus to get ahead. The entire screening process for celebrity is a progressive education in shutting off any residual morals or instincts you may have had going in. Just smile, nod, and get on your knees.
Why wouldn't someone who extinguished their soul just take on whatever opinion's attached to the right gatekeeper? Whatever part of them is responsible for self-awareness is probably happy when they only have to metaphorically fellate their patrons.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's probably a few celebs who are secret republicans / conservatives. They keep their opinions to themselves and keep their mouths shut because their career is on the line. Some of them probably support the Left on the outside but vote GOP. Chris Pratt is the only major celeb who's a know conservative. He can get away with it because he's in two major Hollywood franchises that make money (Guardians of the Galaxy, Jurassic World). Even still, he's still been forced to apologize for stupid shit from time to time.

Kanye is probably the only A list celeb who's a full out Trump supporter. The only reason Kanye says what he says is because he's been in the industry long enough to have clout, still makes good music, and has fuck you money so even if he's cancelled, it won't affect him. I don't know if Ye personally has fuck you money but, the Kardashians do.

Syaoran Li

Manager of the Goth IHOP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This isn't an impression, it's actually Mike Judge, who actually made this for Alex Jones.
He's also been interviewed by Alex Jones at least once.
IIRC, I think Alex Jones and Mike Judge have been personal friends since before either of them got famous.

Speaking of right-wing celebrities, there's been a few rumors online that Jon Lovitz of all people is a closet libertarian or centrist but identifies as a Democrat to avoid being blacklisted and these rumors began in 2012 when he went off about Obama during that infamous feud he had with Kevin Smith.

Despite the massive popularity of Inglorious Basterds among the Antifa crowd, I think Quentin Tarantino is not a leftist or even a liberal. If anything, I think deep down Tarantino is pretty much an apolitical geek who's probably a mild autist and a cokehead.

If asked, he'll parrot the bare minimum of liberal rhetoric to keep his career or will make some kind of a public statement if he thinks it'll sell his movie but when you see him in interviews and see what other people say about him, he sounds like the kind of guy who doesn't give a shit about politics or social justice and just wants to play video games make violent movies.

Positron

Bovid-19. Codename: White Yak
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You have to be somewhat attention whorish to work in showbiz, and for such a person, being ostracized by their peer and ignore by the press would feel just as bad as loosing their net worth.

Lemmingwise

Judging you internally
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Catholics used to control movie industry. Now it's jews.

As a result it's a mix of people hiding their opinions, some people not making it due to their opinions. This isn't anything new; the artist class have always depended on the wealthy and powerful to not live a life like Vincent van Gogh (abject poverty). And therefor the only ones you see are the ones that are giving shape to the desires of the wealthy and powerful. The only exceptions are the ones that attain sufficient fame and then go rogue.

Last edited:
Tags
None