Why every celebrity has the same identical political opinion - Trying to make sense of celebrity lolcows

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
Elaborate on this?

And even then, well fucking shit. What fucking happened to parlay us into the madness of today?
I'll do my best, there will be some gaps so double check anything I say.

In the beginning of "Hollywood" there wasn't necessarily a political bent at the start. Yeah, there were some commies involved but in the 30's it wasn't necessarily known that they were terrible. Remember Time magazine declared Hitler man of the year for context.

Anyway, fast forward to WW2 and any potential pro commie attitudes were nixed quick because quite a few Hollywood stars got drafted to go fight and movies had to be pro America in order to make any money. But when all those actors came back you know for damn sure they werent pro commie at all. Remember Patton wanted us to continue into Russia when we finally got to Berlin. He wasn't alone in that attitude. So in the 40's and 50's you have Hollywood still having powerful people who are pro America and tend to land on the right politically. The face of this group is John Wayne.

But, the commies didn't actually leave.(Why would they, they were still in our State Dept. at the time) and they were smarter at the time. They understood the power of cinema for convincing the masses, it's not a coincidence so many early cinematic influencers are eastern European. So they started to sneak in commie messaging in mainstream movies subtely. This culminates in a very pro left group of power in the 60's.

During the 50's and 60's you have the John Wayne group making pro American movies and who him in particular is vocal about his politics. Prior to the 60's, when the studio system was still around, actors didn't talk about their politics much. The studio understood it was bad for business. Also in the 60's you had the McCarther trial who wanted to weed out the commie influence in America(which btw was wildly popular publicly) and he targeted the self professed commie writers association in Hollywood, which turned them into sympathetic figures among younger actors coming up. Ex. Marlon Brando denounced his director Elia Kazan(who got him an oscar for On the Waterfront in 1955) due to Elia Kazan naming names in said trial. It was spun as a crackdown on artistic expression.(Actors, in general, aren't smart)

Ok, so 60's have the civil rights movement which wins, the McCarthy trial loses steam, and more importantly the studio system dies. Left leaning politics are more mainstream in the zeitgeist. Now remember, the commies already stated 30 years ago that movies were great for propagandizing a population. When the studio system dies who comes in to continue making movies? At first it was corporations that were just trying to make money. But they have to hire people to run it. They end up hiring people who either were pro commie themselves or were trained, studied, admired commie innovators. The counter culture of the 60's leads to anti establishment movies in the 70's which, due to the politics of the day means they are left leaning messages throughout.

Fast forward again, the #metoo problem that quite literally built Hollywood(both female and male "victims) still exists. How do we cover this up? Let's pretend to support women. Best defense is a good offense so we will support women by attacking other groups.

So to wrap up this incoherent sperging, John Wayne dies and so does the right leaning nexus of power dies. In the 70's it's cool to be on the left due to antiestablishment sentiment(and tbf they made better movies) leading to movie people in the late 80's and onward trending to lean leftward. The studio system dies which means movies have to be funded from somewhere(?) and theres a certain political ideology that understands movie power. Where does the money come from? You don't bite the hand that feeds you. The right retreated from culture due to them being a)retarded b)leaders who were most likely plants telling them not to. Then there are political, PR, legal reasons to appear to be on the left. All that combined with the left's pattern of advocating for free speech until they get it then they shut it down leads to the situation we have now where actors HAVE to espouse left politics or stay silent. Spouting right wing politics gets you fired and blacklisted. Unless you are big enough and have fuck you money like Clint Eastwood. But that's rare. /SPOILER]

Hopefully that gives you a rough(extremely) summary of the timeline. Anything not clear lmk and I'll try and clarify if I can.

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
I think a lot of these celebrities don't feel the way they tweet. They are just trying to cover their asses and get some positive attention. You want to be on the right side of history. And right now everyone is still deluded about being #woke. They don't realise how some of us nobodies really view the mjority of male feminists or how some of us see the terrorisic side of BLM. It's really not that different from Antifa. But God help you if you say that. Cancelling would be the least of your worries.

In Current Year's cancel culture everyone with a public career fears being cancelled.

When these celebrities have a bout of wrongthink they have to quickly apologise. Do you think they are really sorry? Hell no. But they have to tow the line if they want to keep making money. So they have to pretend they said something wrong no matter what they really think.

Is because most people working on the entertainment industry hire their friends and a big thing about these "friendships" nowadays is agreeging politically which helps building an echo-chamber. Besides when you are very vocal about a cause its easier to hide from onlookers your skeletons deep in the closet.
Just look at how degenerates like Weinstein, Epstein, Polanski and Spacey got away with shit for years because they were too powerful, and those are the ones the public has verification on.
All those pedo shields out there. So many of these guys are one fall guy away from being exposed themselves. Everyone is so afraid of being exposed so they need to act high and mighty about the flavor of the week pet cause. But they are scumbags.

Speaking of Weinstein, I recently rewatched an early film of his called The Burning. It's a decent early 80s slasher. It has Jason Alexander and a very young Fisher Stevens. Several of the cast members went on to star in 80s and 90s hit series or do behind the camera work on them. Holly Hunter is in it too. Makes me wonder a lot since Weinstein was involved.

Oats12345

kiwifarms.net
I have been wonder if Kara Killmer from Chicago Fire is a Conservative or a non liberal? The reason is because a couple of months ago. I found out back in 2015 her and her husband (at the time of the movie boyfriend) Andrew Cheney did a Christian faith based movie called Beyond the Mask and it also stared John Rhys-Davies. Later i found out Andrew Cheney has mostly stared in faith based movies and I checked on the guy's Twitter. He hasn't been active on there since July 4th 2017. One of the people he was following on there was Ben Shapiro.

So he sounds like a Conservative. So it makes me wonder, where she leans and if liberal most likely not a radical.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll do my best, there will be some gaps so double check anything I say.

Hopefully that gives you a rough(extremely) summary of the timeline. Anything not clear lmk and I'll try and clarify if I can.
Did you not watch this?
I know Razor is fucking sperg, but he did mention that McCarthy didn't held hearings on Hollywood. It was a dem who did that. McCarthy was questioning the military. Correct me if Razor was wrong. I think most of your info was right comed, but Hollywood has retcon'd McCarthy to be this big bad guy he really wasn't. At least to hollywood.

Reactions: Meat Target

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
Did you not watch this?
I know Razor is fucking sperg, but he did mention that McCarthy didn't held hearings on Hollywood. It was a dem who did that. McCarthy was questioning the military. Correct me if Razor was wrong. I think most of your info was right comed, but Hollywood has retcon'd McCarthy to be this big bad guy he really wasn't. At least to hollywood.
I have watched it, and while I haven't bothered to check if Razor was correct(I assume he was) hollywood doesnt get questioned if McCarthy doesn't start his campaign in the first place. So while not directly responsible I do believe he is indirectly responsible and I view that as a good thing.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: tehpope

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
This is why the NPC meme took off. Mindless drones conditioned to say the same glib talking points over and over without any deviation. That's what celebrity opinions on politics and events sounds like after a while. It all just becomes white nosie...or the screechings of an abattoir of retarded children

ToddleDoddle

kiwifarms.net
They are public figures and a lot of their success comes from their public image, so they are just gonna regurgitate popular beliefs and ideas. Most of them are probably just repeating what their publicists tell them to say. Pretty apparent that very few of them actually spend time looking into their declared beliefs.

Reactions: Local Fed
Tags
None