Why is Enter a lolcow? - Analysis of Mr. Enter as a lolcow -

Jaimas

YOU AND ALL YOUR KIND ARE COWARDS!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone last month asked me my own two cents on Enter, and more to the point, asked me if he even was a lolcow. As one of the Kiwi Farms' many lolcow chronicleers, I decided to take a look at things and give my two cents. I hope it's helpful.

This is the results of about a week of info-gathering. Now, I know little about Enter himself beyond my own analyses, but we need to discuss about why he's a lolcow, and more importantly, the mitigating factors in his lolcowdom, and why, perhaps critically, that Enter is still at the end of the day a lolcow, regardless of what good he accomplishes.

Before I continue, and for several people who are way too sensative to this sort of thing, let me be clear: Being a lolcow in no way impugns someone as a content creator. If they can make good content despite being a lolcow, than power to them. You can be a decent person overall and still be a lolcow. They are not mutually exclusive, is what I'm getting at here.

Still with me? Good. Because the issue is that as a lolcow, they generally will never improve their craft any, even if their craft desperately requires them to. There's the rub.

Now, as far as lolcows go, one might be forgiven for thinking that Enter himself is relatively light, at best - for those not aware, Enter is actually very well-respected by the Youtube community as a whole. So whilst it's very easy to look at his spergier vids and write them off as conventional Atsimu, that does Enter a disservice and is kind of disingenuous.

Enter is respected by other Youtubers, including very talented ones - and with good reason. His taking on Viacom is widely considered some of his better moments and many consider some of his better videos to be both informative and hilarious.

So with these in mind, how does Enter fall into categorization as a lolcow? This is kind of a complicated response, and I'll endeavor to be concise about it, but there are five key warning signs of any lolcow - one of which is the literal defining trait - that Enter fulfills like a punch-card:

1. Irrational Hatred Towards/Fear of Criticism
This is a major issue with Enter and is a known warning sign of any lolcow. Fans of Dobson, Brianna Wu, Gloria Tesch, and more will be quick to point out that this is a thread that unfortunately, Enter shares with them in spades. No one's saying that having something you care about criticized can't be a sobering, perhaps even chastising experience, but Enter will cheerfully throw out legitimate critique along with open trolling. Putting it simply: Enter does not take criticism and does not respond to it well. Even simple, well-meaning suggestions have been known to get blocked by Enter with almost disturbing regularity. In this regard, he directly cribs Dobson's playbook. All of this could be forgiven, if it weren't for....

2. Disproportionate Response
Disproportionate response is a well-known trait of most lolcows. Whether it's OPL's becoming completely unhinged in the mailbag or Vade's attempts to advocate someone's death over the likes of someone disagreeing with her, this is practically a lolcow centerpiece. It's also an area that does not bode well for Mr. Enter. As said, merely suggesting an addendum to a piece that could possibly suggest that Enter is anything less than perfect can potentially earn one a block. Enter's response to more in-depth, legitimate critiques is often a sight to behold, where he will cheerfully attack the offending party indirectly, often vis-a-vis his fans, who have the nickname "Enterbots" for this very reason. Whilst Enter has an eternity to go before reaching the likes of Vade, his willingness to do shit like this is a definite demarcation of lolcowism. Which in turn leads us to....

3. Aggressive Platform Control
A key indicator of lolcow behavior is often how they manage a platform of choice. Some, like Moleman9000, will fight in the public arena regardless of whom he faces down, even as he makes himself out to be a bully and moron. Others, like Brianna Wu, appear to, at first glance, thrive in the public arena - but this ruse is skin-deep and only an illusion - Wu will never allow herself to be subjected to actual criticism. Almost all content-producing cows focus very heavily on message control, and will not allow themselves to face any legitimate opposition whatsoever. In this regard, Enter, again, falls in line with infamous zero-talent hack Dobson, as both use DeviantArt and both have the exact same modus operendi: instant blocking of any criticism or suggestion that offends his sensibilities. Whether this is merely over-enthusiastic response to actual trolls or is, indeed, indicative of Dobson-ism is irrelevant: He still does it, and that is an automatic sign. If Enter was smart, he'd open up to responses and listen to legitimate criticism directed his way, since many of his projects (Growing Around, for instance) aren't necessarily bad but are fundamentally flawed on some base level and cannot work without some actual in-depth analysis and elbow grease. All of which centers upon....

4. Dismissal of Opposition
Playing into the above is a key defense Enter uses: labelling opposition haters, trolls, and idiots. This is a tactic that is almost universal amongst lolcows, from Derek Smart to Christian Weston Chandler, from Vade to Deeker, from Marijan to Tyce Andrews. The form changes, but the spirit is the same: "Anyone who disagrees with me is obviously a troll." This is a unilateral sign of hubris, and is, likewise, a sign of lolcowdom. All of which distills down to the ultimate point in....

5. Lack of Humility
And finally, the big one. This is the defining lolcow trait. Fail this one, and you are, almost without exception, a profitable lolcow - if not now, then in the future. It is, simply put, an inevitability. Those without humility are invariably the best lolcows, because it makes their comeuppances virtually guaranteed - and often very satisfying. Likewise, an otherwise-would-be lolcow that has actual humility - and can learn from it - ceases to be a profitable lolcow, mostly because they cease being a lolcow if they put themselves on a path of self-improvement. They might attract a troll or two hoping to provoke a chimp-out, but they won't have the likes of the farms following their trifles and trials.

This, sadly, is the area where Enter shows his true colors; where the blade drops and Enter's head is in the basket.

Enter is infamous for setting various show writers up on a pedestal, then chimping out if they fail to meet expectations, even to people who otherwise like the guy. He unironically scolds people for nit-picking My Little Pony - which, irrespective of how you feel about the show, comes across as hilariously disingenuous when one remembers that his show - literally - is about nit-picking cartoons. He carries himself with the same smug self-satisfaction that we see from Dobson, with a holier-than-thou attitude, and none of this shows harder than his ability to fly off the hinges when Growing Around is critiqued.

He claims to hold various shows he likes to his own high standards, but you'll never see him take a hatchet to say, Nick's shows from the 90s (for example) the way he will bludgeon an episode of Family Guy. Enter's attempts to define multiple shows with American Cartoon Syndrome as having their own internal continuities are woefully inconsistent, and he virtually never can defend his claims thereon in a public arena. Perhaps most obviously: He literally treats accomplished cartoonists and developers with litanies of accomplishments as lower than himself because they made an episode of a cartoon he didn't like.

That is the reason Enter himself is a lolcow.

The tragedy of Enter as a lolcow is that he's not a bad content creator. Again, he has a lot of support from the Youtube community, who generally see his better works as being admirable. He's inspired a lot of other Youtubers to start their own works and he's done a lot to contribute his own unique critiquing style to the greater whole. The problem is that in doing so, he's completely undermined himself and shown himself to be possessed of a massive ego and incredible hubris. These qualities are what mar someone who'd otherwise be someone much more respectable, and why it's so much easier to laugh at his insight than any of us would otherwise. The fact that Enter cheerfully enables us with his chimp-outs is merely gravy.

And on that thought, my Kiwis, I leave you.

Konstantinos

The Sword of Atismu
kiwifarms.net
That analysis was totally on the money. Beyond excessive pride, I imagine that Enter has other lolcow tendencies he hasn't put on full display quite yet. Be it a result of sexual deviancy or some unspoken vendetta, infamy awaits Enter should he continue on the course he's set for himself.

Jaimas

YOU AND ALL YOUR KIND ARE COWARDS!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's not too late for the guy. He could pull out of things. He could improve. But it all hinges upon him being able to see what's wrong. A few lolcows manage this. Golden Knight came shockingly close, and ultimately couldn't make it over the final gap. David Gonterman fixed himself up (and later backslid, god damn it, Daveykins). It's definitely doable. It's all a question of if his worst traits get the better of him or not.

Jumpin Jenkins

Needs About Tree Fiddy
kiwifarms.net
My stance on the matter is that Enter himself isn't a Lolcow, at least not yet. To become a Lolcow, he must care more and more about trivial things. He has to act like his fans are an army that will destroy anything he dislikes. His already massive ego must double in size. He must treat Growing Around like a masterpiece that can never do anything wrong. He's halfway to these goals, but he still has a long way to go. That's why this is called "John Enter and The Entersphere". This isn't just him. It's a group of people all focused on serving some sperg on the internet.

The Jumping Dwarf

I'm offendered if misgendered
kiwifarms.net
My stance on the matter is that Enter himself isn't a Lolcow, at least not yet. To become a Lolcow, he must care more and more about trivial things. He has to act like his fans are an army that will destroy anything he dislikes. His already massive ego must double in size. He must treat Growing Around like a masterpiece that can never do anything wrong. He's halfway to these goals, but he still has a long way to go. That's why this is called "John Enter and The Entersphere". This isn't just him. It's a group of people all focused on serving some sperg on the internet.
Why the hell was this rated dumb? It's pretty spot on. On his own Enter is not really a lolcow, just some sperg. It's the Entersphere as a whole that is one big lolcow.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino