Science Why is Greta Thunberg so triggering for certain men? - How can a 16-year-old girl in plaits, dedicated to trying to save the planet, inspire such incandescent rage?

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This says more about the people feeling triggered than it does about the person doing the triggering. How insecure must you be to be triggered by an idealistic little girl who genuinely wants a better future?

Man the fuck up snowflakes and leave the child alone. She is harming no one.
Lol, the dumb ratings you got. This entire thread is full of climate change deniers who think environmentalism is a (((globalist))) conspiracy theory and not something we should care about so our planet stays healthy and habitable. I never thought “we should regulate corporations so they can’t pollute freely to save a few bucks” and “we should try to cut down on plastic waste” would be a controversial opinion but here we are.

Also, she’s 16 years old, insulting her and shaming her just because you disagree with her isn’t a good look.

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I never thought “we should regulate corporations so they can’t pollute freely to save a few bucks” and “we should try to cut down on plastic waste” would be a controversial opinion but here we are.
That's not a controversial opinion but that's also not what we're talking about here. We're talking about insane activists who claim that we're all fucking doomed in five-ten years unless we all switch to electric cars, solar power and the Green New Deal NOW. It's not gonna fucking happen.

And insulting dumb teens is always a bad look but lol A&H.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I guess if Paul "Human Klaxon" Ehrlich talk of overpopulation in Africa today. He'll be called a racist.:thinking:
Next time you hear some blowhard complaining about overpopulation and saying that white people need to stop shitting out babies, show them the stats about the two countries with by far the highest birth rate in modern times: Nigeria and Pakistan. Then ask them to continue their point about which races are having too many babies. Watch how quickly they stammer and try to change the subject. I've seen it happen personally more than once.

Fork Cartel

The 1% are literally the spawn of Satan
kiwifarms.net
Also, she’s 16 years old, insulting her and shaming her just because you disagree with her isn’t a good look.
People resent how she’s being used as a tool. And you fell for the schtick. The agenda goes far beyond just a handful of extra taxes and regs, you know that. Or should.

Being 16 and autistic doesn’t put you beyond criticism, especially when she (semi-)voluntarily put herself in the spotlight like this.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
People resent how she’s being used as a tool. And you fell for the schtick. The agenda goes far beyond just a handful of extra taxes and regs, you know that. Or should.

Being 16 and autistic doesn’t put you beyond criticism, especially when she (semi-)voluntarily put herself in the spotlight like this.
I get the thought @Cosmos , but that concept of unacceptable targets is basically what the people using her are counting on. And I brought up Soph for a reason - she's even younger but the people in this mob don't hesitate to demand her head. If the kid wants to go viral and play in the big leagues, she's game for that level of criticism too.

pwnest injun

An Honest Man is Always in Trouble
kiwifarms.net
That's not a controversial opinion but that's also not what we're talking about here. We're talking about insane activists who claim that we're all fucking doomed in five-ten years unless we all switch to electric cars, solar power and the Green New Deal NOW. It's not gonna fucking happen.

All of the 5-10 years stuff is about tipping points. Environmentalists see climate change as a process. It happens slow, but then it picks up steam as certain processes kick in. Things like jet streams changing, loss of solar reflection from polar ice, prevalence of wildfires. They see it like trying to push a bolder up a hill, but the further down the hill it gets, the steeper it gets, so if you let it roll too far, you're eventually fucked. Not saying they've got a full picture or anything, but that's where the alarmism comes from.

Mexican_Wizard_711

kiwifarms.net
Lol, the dumb ratings you got. This entire thread is full of climate change deniers who think environmentalism is a (((globalist))) conspiracy theory and not something we should care about so our planet stays healthy and habitable. I never thought “we should regulate corporations so they can’t pollute freely to save a few bucks” and “we should try to cut down on plastic waste” would be a controversial opinion but here we are.

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
And I brought up Soph for a reason - she's even younger but the people in this mob don't hesitate to demand her head. If the kid wants to go viral and play in the big leagues, she's game for that level of criticism too.
Much of it just isn't criticism, though, but autistic screeching mixed with thirst. Also, I think the criticism is of the parents who are (allegedly) somehow forcing her into this. Well, 16 years old isn't old enough for some stuff but they aren't a baby in a fucking cradle and they have their own opinions by that point. If anything, that's the age when people start rejecting their parents' opinions.

Krimjob

Resident God-Emperor
kiwifarms.net
Much of it just isn't criticism, though, but autistic screeching mixed with thirst. Also, I think the criticism is of the parents who are (allegedly) somehow forcing her into this. Well, 16 years old isn't old enough for some stuff but they aren't a baby in a fucking cradle and they have their own opinions by that point. If anything, that's the age when people start rejecting their parents' opinions.
Not really though in this case. The girl might seem "normal" but don't forget she is a complete full-on aspie. You might think she's a mild case, but do remember that this girl was essentially fully psychotic at one point because of "climate".

This is one of the main concerns among Swedes as well, the parents really should have gotten her therapy. This is essentially letting her delusions foster, which could lead to actual meltdowns. She now genuinely believe that she's doing a difference when it's already been proven that she's just a pawn. No one gives a shit, not a single politician that she meets gives a shit and this entire thing is genuinely exceptional. This is all quite noticeable in some of her interviews in Sweden (the latest ones), she's just getting worse and seems more irrational and panicked. This isn't activism for her, this is a bonafide battle against the apocalypse to her.

I could be wrong, but I kinda hope I'm not. It's a good dumpster fire worthy popcorn.

teriyakiburns

Your world frightens and confuses me.
kiwifarms.net
That's true for kids that are normal, but she isn't. She's high-functioning autistic, diagnosed late as well. She isn't capable of that level of autonomy and certainly wouldn't start wholesale rebelling against her parents. If anything she'd conform to their views more tightly than before, because she's experiencing rapid changes in her life that threaten her mental stability. Higher-functioning autists nearly always accept the claims of authority figures without question (which is why so many of them end up transed - someone they trust told them they were actually the other sex, and so it was suddenly true).

Her parents are both actors and both have some significant clout in Stockholm's media scene. They stand to gain immensly by exploiting their daughter's fame and they had the connections to place her in front of the right people to gain her visibility. They took their child - and mentally she is a child - and have ruthlessly exploited her for their own gain.

This is no different than Desmond is amazing, it's just a different audience throwing money at the performative abuse of a child.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Fair point. Spergy screeching at the kid is no better or more deserved.

ElAbominacion

Somewhere in the Swamps south of the Mexico border
kiwifarms.net

Just remember that the same crazy ass motherfuckers predicted in 2000 that the San Andreas fault line would collapse if we were to keep polluting and so far we haven't seen anything of California sinking into the sea.

Which is a damn fucking shame.

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
Just remember that the same crazy ass motherfuckers predicted in 2000 that the San Andreas fault line would collapse if we were to keep polluting and so far we haven't seen anything of California sinking into the sea.

Which is a damn fucking shame.
Hey, the way the Pacific plate is going means California is going to hit Alaska, not fall into the ocean, let's get this right. Arizona Bay will still be a thing though.

Dynastier

Not Actually Vordrak
kiwifarms.net

Haha, putting words into a 16 year old's mouth and then hiding from criticism behind her isn't a good look. But I don't see many people going after her, rather her parents in most cases. You're stating an obvious fact as if its controversial and everyone else here disagrees with you.
Plastic waste has nothing whatsoever to do with climate change, why are you bringing that up? Is someone here pro-dumping plastic into the water? Did you think this was a meeting of the captain planet villians?

Reactions: frozenrunner

TaimuRadiu

kiwifarms.net
Haha, putting words into a 16 year old's mouth and then hiding from criticism behind her isn't a good look. But I don't see many people going after her, rather her parents in most cases. You're stating an obvious fact as if its controversial and everyone else here disagrees with you.
Plastic waste has nothing whatsoever to do with climate change, why are you bringing that up? Is someone here pro-dumping plastic into the water? Did you think this was a meeting of the captain planet villians?
If this isn't that then why do I have a computer with the AI having the voice of Tim Curry?

On topic, it seemed very strange to me that this dumb Swede started being glorified by globalhomo all of a sudden. Like my granddad used to scream at my grandmom, "What are Swedes but Norwegians with their brains knocked out!?"

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino