Why is the 2nd Amendment sacrosanct, but not any other? -

JaneThough

We are preexisting conditions
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been wondering this now for a while. Why do the same people who claim their right to bear arms cannot in any way ever be regulated ever ever also in the same breath say protestors should be locked up and certain people shouldn't be able to vote? Why are guns more important than any right we have protected by the constitution?

ShortBusDriver

kiwifarms.net
I don't think anyone says someone shouldn't be able to vote.

The question you should ask yourself is why do Democrats think felons should have the right to vote while simultaneously not also re-instating their ability to own a firearm.

And I'm not sure what you learned in Facebook LOL school, but the 1st Amendment like the entire Bill of Rights places limits on the US Government and agents acting on it's behalf.

You have no 1st Amendment right to protest on private property where 99% of these so called 'peaceful protests' occur.

JaneThough

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think anyone says someone shouldn't be able to vote.

The question you should ask yourself is why do Democrats think felons should have the right to vote while simultaneously not also re-instating their ability to own a firearm.

And I'm not sure what you learned in Facebook LOL school, but the 1st Amendment like the entire Bill of Rights places limits on the US Government and agents acting on it's behalf.

You have no 1st Amendment right to protest on private property where 99% of these so called 'peaceful protests' occur.
So you believe felons should have guns. Do you also ride the short bus?

Not Really Here

"You're a small, irrelevant island nation"
kiwifarms.net
They don't "say protestors should be locked up and certain people shouldn't be able to vote".
They say things like 'rioters should be arrested' because only peaceful protest without violence or lawbeaking is protected.
Voting has never been an unlimited right in the US.

I suggest you actually read the US Constitution and (unlike the courts) pay attention to words like "shall not be infringed".

ShortBusDriver

kiwifarms.net
So you believe felons should have the right to vote?

You either believe they served their time and can be reintegrated into society or you don't

What you ACTUALLY believe is that they should be able to vote for Democratic candidates, but you sure don't trust them doing anything else.

JaneThough

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They don't "say protestors should be locked up and certain people shouldn't be able to vote".
They say things like 'rioters should be arrested' because only peaceful protest without violence or lawbeaking is protected.
Voting has never been an unlimited right in the US.

I suggest you actually read the US Constitution and (unlike the courts) pay attention to words like "shall not be infringed".
Voting is as much a right as to bear arms, and is also way more likely to overthrow a harmful government than a bunch of fags with guns.

Pentex

You're Ridin' With Biden...STRAIGHT TO HELL!
kiwifarms.net
A gun is far more practically useful than being a bit-player in a biennial bit of kabuki theater.

"Should felons be able to own guns and/or vote?"

If they successfully petition the governor to restore their rights, yes. The place of the government is to punish lawbreakers. The impetus is on the convicted to prove that they are ready to rejoin the body politic.

Freshly Baked Socks

what would YOU do with a brain if you had one?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am glad not all states are uniform in their criminal codes. I know of a state which allows felons to own firearms that are not capable of being concealed, roughly meaning felons may not possess handguns. This allows felons to still go deer hunting, and keep a shotgun for home defense.

BingBong

Cute Boy Connoisseur
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is all you need to know, OP.
my opinion.jpg