Why is the vtuber thread so popular

SandyCat

Want a bite?
kiwifarms.net
I always found it weird kiwifarms of all places would have such a popular thread for it. It feels like it moves at 100 posts a second. Are vtubers more mainstream than I thought? Or does kiwifarms just really like their secretly tranny streamers?

Not hating on it, I'm autistic enough to watch some vtubers as well but kiwifarms is the last place I'd expect to see a booming thread about vtubers of all things.

WhatIsThePunchline

kiwifarms.net
You have a piece of pop culture in 2022 that is:
1. Not woke or really political at all.
2. Funny.
3. Features cute girls without being sleazy e-thottery central.
4. Keeps some distance between the content creator and the audience so we don't have to actually see all their human flaws and dogshit opinions and drama.

It taking off is no surprise at all. Especially in multi media where a majority of the threads are just frustration over the state of modern entertainment.

Least Concern

Pretend I have a Cryptoland pfp like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
It feels like it moves at 100 posts a second.

There was a happening yesterday with a moderately popular (in our thread, at least) streamer getting doxed and some accusing her of being a LGBTQIAP+ ally or some such IRL, though the general consensus became that those allegations are overblown and who really cares so long as she keeps the activism off stream. The rest of the week has actually been fairly slow as far as that thread goes. But yes, when one of the bigger agencies has a special event or debuts a new generation, the thread can move quite fast. There's no shame in using the highlighted post browsing feature to help catch up. I do it all the time.

As for why vtubers themselves have become popular… eh. There's a novelty factor, but it turns out some of these streamers really are quite engaging and funny, and maybe they never would have been "found" by their audience if the novelty factor wasn't there. Who can say, really. But I'm sure the girls who do it appreciate that they don't have to have their tits hanging out, their makeup done up, and thousands of dollars of flattering lighting equipment to compete with the Amourath/Pokimane types, and for my part I can't really take anyone who streams like that seriously (somehow I can take the fake animated cartoon avatar more seriously, if that makes any sense), so for both parties there's another factor there, I guess. Who knows.

Last edited:

SandyCat

Want a bite?
kiwifarms.net
There was a happening yesterday with a moderately popular (in our thread, at least) streamer getting doxed and some accusing her of being a LGBTQIAP+ ally or some such IRL, though the general consensus became that those allegations are overblown and who really cares so long as she keeps the activism off stream.
Which streamer was this out of curiosity?

SandyCat

Want a bite?
kiwifarms.net
Pipkin Pippa of Phase Connect. /vt/ posted some dox but some kiwis here seemed to have already seen it and added more to it.
When I saw "moderately popular at least with us" I was instantly assuming pippa. I'm surprised she of all people would be one of those types.
>girls

keep telling yourself that bud, maybe it'll be true someday.
You're not wrong. My favorite vtuber turned out to be a tranny and several others I like also turned out to be troons. That's not even counting the others that I heavily suspect are trannies.

It's like the perfect hideout for troons. All you need is a voice that's passable and not be retarded enough dox yourself and you're good to go.
EdrRej3XgAIFXcq.png

Grub

kiwifarms.net
You're not wrong. My favorite vtuber turned out to be a tranny and several others I like also turned out to be troons. That's not even counting the others that I heavily suspect are trannies.

It's like the perfect hideout for troons. All you need is a voice that's passable and not be retarded enough dox yourself and you're good to go.
People who believe any vtubers on the internet are girls forget why the rule tits or gtfo actually exists. Always assume every girl on the internet is a man until proven otherwise.

ChefKiss

Autism Sommelier
kiwifarms.net
You cant discuss the people behind the characters anywhere else, even when it's important or relevant due to them changing companies/characters etc and their other work which fans would be interested in

The other places with a sizable community to discuss them are each completely fucking retarded in their own way. /vt/ posts tons of completely made up bullshit and then gets angry about it, reddit is full of mewling sycophants worshiping the corporate cock and will ban anyone who criticizes the actions of corporations involved, twitter is always a hellhole of offended trannies for any topic. Other niche boards are full of faggot weirdo stalkers who care TOO MUCH about the people behind the characters.

kf is the goldilocks zone for discussion