Why the Galactic Empire and First Order are the good guys in Star Wars

The Gangster Computer

Drunk on Duty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Empire did nothing wrong. The First Order is gay and stupid. The Resistance and the Nu-Republic are aimless and corrupt idiots, even more so than the old Republic. Ewoks were a mistake. Also OP is a faggot.

Edit:
Yeah okay but, which side is monotheistic?
According to Disney's nu-canon, the Empire has an "atheistic state religion". So I guess that just leaves us with the Rebels and their hippie universalist adaptation of the jedi teachings.

Last edited:

Night Terror

outta my way
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1561679236455.png

Webby's Boyfriend

reality cartoonist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the EU is just a Dune ripoff?
Yes, Star Wars always was.
Think of the First Order as the antithesis to what the Disney SJWs believe in. Then you will come to admire them and Kylo Ren.
I think most of what SJWs usually say is more intelligent than Nu Star Wars plotlines, settings and characters. So, Disney didn't even try.
Remember that the great Emperor Palpatine is returning in Episode IX which might redeem the sequel trilogy.
Just like in Dark Empire?

The Gangster Computer

Drunk on Duty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Remember that the great Emperor Palpatine is returning in Episode IX which might redeem the sequel trilogy.
That's like having Queen perform on the Titanic. Sure the music will be rad but the ship is still gonna sink and that's assuming the band isn't forced to smear themselves in shit before performing to make sure their legacy is completely ruined. People are too easily pleased by empty and pointless cameos.

Webby's Boyfriend

reality cartoonist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's like having Queen perform on the Titanic. Sure the music will be rad but the ship is still gonna sink and that's assuming the band isn't forced to smear themselves in shit before performing to make sure their legacy is completely ruined. People are too easily pleased by empty and pointless cameos.
So, at last Disney admits they cannot invent interesting new characters by themselves and have to bring back classic ones?

M

MW 590

kiwifarms.net
I think most of what SJWs usually say is more intelligent than Nu Star Wars plotlines, settings and characters. So, Disney didn't even try.
But they seemed to have deliberately promoted female superiority when they had made Rey super strong in the Force than despite not having had nearly the same amount of training as Luke.
But it might be more than a cameo. Palpatine might nearly gain back control of the galaxy. It might be like Dark Empire.

The best and greatest

Staring into your soul
kiwifarms.net
The Empire did nothing wrong. The First Order is gay and stupid. The Resistance and the Nu-Republic are aimless and corrupt idiots, even more so than the old Republic. Ewoks were a mistake. Also OP is a faggot.

Edit:

According to Disney's nu-canon, the Empire has an "atheistic state religion". So I guess that just leaves us with the Rebels and their hippie universalist adaptation of the jedi teachings.
Which is worse, a corrupt and indolent bureaucracy or a corrupt and indolent bureaucracy that will blow your fuckin planet up if they think you look a little too froggy?

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
As autistic and shitposty as all of this could become tomorrow, I need to throw my five cents into this.

I kinda understand what the Empire was trying to do all along - get the fucking galaxy back on its feet in a real way the Republic couldn't, let alone effectively maintain. Too bad a lot of their tactics and behaviors - besides Palpatine being a fucking power-famished nutcase (both in the film and the REAL EU (novels/stories)), were written to be one-dimensional levels of villainous, which is just sad, because in the right hands, we could've shown some of them being a little more morally balanced.

The same story is rightfully so with the Republic / Rebels (who do deserve some good amount of ire for trying to bring back a lifestyle that lead to the Empire coming into being in the first place!), who are shown to be too goody-goody in a lot of spots, where such otherwise should have been avoided - if only to portray a more human, balanced nature in the struggle between right & wrong.

Here's the thing (and part of why there are likely more Empire fans than Republic / Rebel fans in general): In war, NO ONE should be seen as a clear-cut good or bad guy. Where Gundam (especially in the old school years) got this right most of the time (IMHO, of course), Star Wars just gets it all fucking wrong, too early on. With stronger writing, the Empire could be seen as a little more sane and the Republic not portrayed as the heroes / saviors that "everyone is praying for and whatnot".

Worst of all? Don't get me started on how 1D everything is being handled between the Resistance and the First Order in the Sequel Trilogy films. And no, bringing Palpatine back isn't gonna make anything better for me. Star Wars is fucked, no matter what happens to it. I did like Rouge One, though - that doesn't change anything, regardless, about how I feel Disney is fucking up what was once a good thing (plus, at least the prequel trilogy films are fun to make fun of, so there's that.).

U

UQ 770

kiwifarms.net
Think of the First Order as the antithesis to what the Disney SJWs believe in. Then you will come to admire them and Kylo Ren.

Its pretty clear that you're working backwards from this point. Pick up Asimov's Foundation trilogy and then start reading actual scifi instead of cheap trash. If you want a really morally ambiguous galactic empire, Jerry Pournelle will be right up your alley, especially the stuff he collaborated with Stirling on. The Galactic Empire is a cookie-cutter excuse villain that is literally Corporate Hollywood dressed like Nazis. The writing just isn't good enough to reinterpret them as anything but evil and inept, and the universe is too shallow besides.

IAmNotAlpharius

Nothing to see here. Move along citizen.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked the Fel Empire (Legacy era) and their Imperial Knights: They were like Jedi but dedicated to the Empire first and foremost. I’m also a fan of the Thrawn novels and Tarkin’s stand alone novel.

The Gangster Computer

Drunk on Duty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Regardless of your faction or alignment, I think we can all agree that sand is pretty awful.
Shadman.jpg

I liked the Fel Empire (Legacy era) and their Imperial Knights: They were like Jedi but dedicated to the Empire first and foremost. I’m also a fan of the Thrawn novels and Tarkin’s stand alone novel.
My ultranigga.

Forever Train Engineer

Benjamin
kiwifarms.net
In the old Expanded Universe, there was the idea that Palpatine knew about the upcoming Yuuzhan Vong Invasion and he wanted to stengthen the Galaxy to defend her against them.
Exactly, the Galaxy would've lost way less people to the Yuuzhan Vong if the Empire stood around, perhaps the Yuuzhan Vong never even invaded the Galaxy at all.

(God am I really sperging about Star Wars?)