Opinion Why Trump Voters Stick With Him - An imagined conversation with Flyover Man.

How accurate is this literally imaginary interview?

• Very accurate

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Mostly Accurate

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Equally accurate and inaccurate

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Mostly Inaccurate

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Very Inaccurate

Votes: 27 19.9%
  • Unintentionally Accurate / Accurate, but not in the way David Brooks thinks

Votes: 86 63.2%

• Total voters

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
Some of the smarmier Twitter responses to this article, from those who have totally known flyover people and have totally lived in red/flyover states:

After all this time, I still don't understand how they maintain this belief that the only people who voted for Trump are underclass white people that just suddenly appeared out of thin air. The data flies in the face of this assertion. For one, poor people have much lower voter turnout. Second, in order for Trump to have flipped some of the states he did, there had to have been hundreds of thousands of people at minimum who voted for both Obama and Trump. Voter turnout rates did not vary much between 2012 and 2016, either.
Third, Trump won in all income groups over $50k. Democrats won only the lowest 2.

This notion that the core of Trump's base consists of people like the Slatons or Amberlynn Reid's girlfriend's family just doesn't add up. It's flat-out wrong.

heathercho

정말로? Yes! Okey dokey yo.
kiwifarms.net
Some of the smarmier Twitter responses to this article, from those who have totally known flyover people and have totally lived in red/flyover states:

"Eastern elite". Imagine fucking thinking that let alone saying it. That's like Dickard Jones' "I'm a big city liberal" shit.
The only people putting themselves in categories are nuts like this.

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
After all this time, I still don't understand how they maintain this belief that the only people who voted for Trump are underclass white people that just suddenly appeared out of thin air. The data flies in the face of this assertion. For one, poor people have much lower voter turnout. Second, in order for Trump to have flipped some of the states he did, there had to have been hundreds of thousands of people at minimum who voted for both Obama and Trump. Voter turnout rates did not vary much between 2012 and 2016, either.
Third, Trump won in all income groups over $50k. Democrats won only the lowest 2.

This notion that the core of Trump's base consists of people like the Slatons or Amberlynn Reid's girlfriend's family just doesn't add up. It's flat-out wrong.
Yep, I was a flipper. I voted for Obama twice and then Trump. I'm a white, college-educated, middle-class, non-Boomer woman (the worst traitor of all according to Hillary sycophants). It's almost like the new psycho woke regressive left along with Hillary's supreme legacy entitlement and cuntiness and Trump's hilarious bluntness and lack of regard for the old guard made some people change their minds. Crazy, I tell you!

thx1138

Are you now, or have you ever been?
kiwifarms.net
Makes me want to write a "modest proposal" satire piece called "Burn the Heartland and Everyone In It"
Sorry, the Weather Underground, particularly Bill Ayers (Obama's good buddy) already wrote Prairie Fire back in the late 60's and early 70s, where they call for the death of 25-30 million American "undesirables" (I guess it should be "deplorables"?) to make things right.

Except Ayers and co. weren't using satire, they wanted (and I bet if you cornered any of these old fucks they'd still own up to wanting) to murder 1/6th of the population of the US.

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Urban Guy: Say, Flyover Man. Why do you like Trump?
Flyover Man: Because I'm a big dumb poopyhead who hates minorities.
Urban Guy: Me and my friends just opened up a death camp for people like you. Would you like to come along?
Flyover Man: Why would I do that?
Urban Guy: Because they have country music and free MAGA hats.
Flyover Man: Yay! Free MAGA hats!

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
The article spells it out for people why treating Trump voters like shit when you know nothing about them is bad for your party and yet the comment section is exactly what you would expect. :story:
The sad thing is Brooks claims to be a Conservative Republican. He's lying or delusional of course and most of the Right told him to Fuck Off a decade ago. But he is the NYT's token "Conservative Republican" in house. They actually managed to find someone even more useless than George Will.

JambledUpWords

Destiny is bae, don’t tell Becky
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What I’m gathering from this is that this article is a written format of a Contrapoints video.

I guess it was only a matter of time that the media would be following Contra’s footsteps after being such major suck ups to Nyk

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino