Disaster Why unmoderated online forums always degenerate into fascism -

Or threadban people because all the feminists got incredibly mad that someone disagreed with them.
Yeah, true, sometimes "we got a lot of reports" will get someone threadbanned who broke no rules.

Hey mods, do the A&H people tend to report hugbox breakers? Or the TDS thread? Seems to be a lefty phenomenon, but that could be my bias showing...

TerribleIdeas™

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, true, sometimes "we got a lot of reports" will get someone threadbanned who broke no rules.

Hey mods, do the A&H people tend to report hugbox breakers? Or the TDS thread? Seems to be a lefty phenomenon, but that could be my bias showing...
Interestingly, 2nd Wave feminists are technically "conservative" at this point, since they believe the philosophies, theories, and attitudes of that period in women's rights activism is worth conserving. I think that makes them Nazis, according to the Modern Left, and literally fascists.

Either way, the whole lot sure do have a lot of authoritarian impulses, and it really does seem to lead to over-moderation.

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
Makes me wonder how they'll memory hole this shit in a decade.
I do wonder how they'll try to spin this as some unique social movement that did a lot of good, after it crashes and burns as hard as the hippies did in the 70's.... and how they'll try to portray it as something everyone was a part of and everyone supported in the history books even further on than that.....

Promestein

The only good moon rabbit is a dead moon rabbit.
kiwifarms.net
somethingsomethingorwelliansomethingsomething.

They arent even trying anymore, what the fuck are they implying here? that a heavily censored place is better for the overall freedom? Fuck off.
I should be able to call anyone a nigger faggot without fearing for my paypal account.

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"...Always degenerate into fascism"
As usual, commies need to make sure the revolution is perpetual. This is a big thing in the far left mindset. The revolutionary state of mind must be maintained, so there will always be reactionaries, running dogs and fascists. It's just the nature of the beast. America's guilty of it too, we have the "War" on drugs or terrorism. A perpetual war waged upon a concept.

Last edited:

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
I do wonder how they'll try to spin this as some unique social movement that did a lot of good, after it crashes and burns as hard as the hippies did in the 70's.... and how they'll try to portray it as something everyone was a part of and everyone supported in the history books even further on than that.....
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it's just buried like America's other moral panics.

Nobody talks about McCarthyism,the Satanic Panic or Freedom Fries after all.

As for SJWs I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to whitewash them as "chill weirdos" like hippies in the 2030-40s.

TerribleIdeas™

kiwifarms.net
Is TERFs trying to nest here? How did they become mods?
The better question is where aren't normies being turned into some form of TERF. I'm really good at ignoring the private, consensual behaviour of others, but I don't buy into leftist 3rd wave identitarianism , self-identifiying troonery, or gov't-mandated speech, punishable by fines that escalate into criminal punishment for failure to pay.

My actual objection is that a bunch of feminists that claim to hate the /r/gendercritical feminists are so unwilling to consider any criticism of their pet ideology that they'll demand over-moderation to protect them from hearing that criticism.

Locomotive Derangement

Hardcore Velocity
kiwifarms.net
Or threadban people because all the feminists got incredibly mad that someone disagreed with them.
If they made me a mod and I was drunk/brain damaged enough to actually take the job I would, every so often, just threadban someone for a reason I completely made up. Or lock a budding thread I didn't actually care about. Not with any frequency or regularity, not against anyone high-profile, just once every couple of weeks I'd just ruin some autistic poster's day.

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
If they made me a mod and I was drunk/brain damaged enough to actually take the job I would, every so often, just threadban someone for a reason I completely made up. Or lock a budding thread I didn't actually care about. Not with any frequency or regularity, not against anyone high-profile, just once every couple of weeks I'd just ruin some autistic poster's day.
ResetEra is THAT------> a way, my friend.....

Locomotive Derangement

Hardcore Velocity
kiwifarms.net
ResetEra is THAT------> a way, my friend.....
Well, to be clear, I wouldn't be aggressive with it. Just enough to remind people that hey, sometimes life will just kick you in the nuts and laugh.

This reminds me. I still for the life of me cannot fucking find out the whole story on that "User was banned for community hivemind trolling" post. I'm split between it being a photoshop with me being a gullible dumbass, or it actually being real and somewhere out there is a goldmine post of the lunatic who issued that ban trying to explain their completely fucking insane logic.

Drunk edit: Why do you have the sign to ResetEra pointing to the right?

Last edited:

Dunkirk

My other car is a STUG
kiwifarms.net
this is why you are not one, and hopefully never be one.
I'm not going to powerlevel too hard here so details will be kept vague, but i run a smallish russian site of about say, 200 to 400 regular users per month. There I have two seperate accounts, my personal user account which has no admin ability (though it can see any thread) and an account simply called "Admin". I do not use that account very often, I don't need to. For the most part I simply partake in the shitposting and enjoy life as a regular user. I separate myself as much as possible from that level of total power as a safety measure. These sorts of measures didn't evolve overnight but from decades of experience with online communities both as a regular user and admin. Casual abuse of power such as that will eventually lead to a total shitfest that will lay the foundations for the destruction of a site or your own removal from power.

in other words, you're a fag who doesn't deserve mod powers.

Locomotive Derangement

Hardcore Velocity
kiwifarms.net
this is why you are not one, and hopefully never be one.
I'm not going to powerlevel too hard here so details will be kept vague, but i run a smallish russian site of about say, 200 to 400 regular users per month. There I have two seperate accounts, my personal user account which has no admin ability (though it can see any thread) and an account simply called "Admin". I do not use that account very often, I don't need to. For the most part I simply partake in the shitposting and enjoy life as a regular user. I separate myself as much as possible from that level of total power as a safety measure. These sorts of measures didn't evolve overnight but from decades of experience with online communities both as a regular user and admin. Casual abuse of power such as that will eventually lead to a total shitfest that will lay the foundations for the destruction of a site or your own removal from power.

in other words, you're a fag who doesn't deserve mod powers.
I have other plans to act like an egotistical jerk elsewhere anyway. I do think there is some merit to benevolent people occasionally abusing their powers to give people a firsthand experience in being told to shut the fuck up when they were actually right. If you're friendly all the time, you get a hugbox. Losing whatever worthless post you were going to make or being forced off a site for awhile is pretty harmless in the scheme of things. Encourages people to go outside, or maybe do something useful for a bit to cool off.

Dunkirk

My other car is a STUG
kiwifarms.net
I have other plans to act like an egotistical jerk elsewhere anyway. I do think there is some merit to benevolent people occasionally abusing their powers to give people a firsthand experience in being told to shut the fuck up when they were actually right. If you're friendly all the time, you get a hugbox.
Sadly here in the Federation we have no lack of the first and I make sure that it never turns into a hugbox, People are free to insult each other and myself as much as they want. It's why I have a personal account, so that newfags feel less scared of calling me a bitch and whatnot.

Locomotive Derangement

Hardcore Velocity
kiwifarms.net
Sadly here in the Federation we have no lack of the first and I make sure that it never turns into a hugbox, People are free to insult each other and myself as much as they want. It's why I have a personal account, so that newfags feel less scared of calling me a bitch and whatnot.
Well, that's kind of my point, in a sort of fucked up way. A ruined day here or there might get spurn some sperg into thinking a little more actively. Which could lead them either to greatness, or to complete fucking insanty. You get to feel good in the former case because you're watching someone succeed, and in the latter case you get to laugh at them and call them a gay nigger tranny. Everyone wins. Except the people who lose it, but whatever.

Miles Peterson

kiwifarms.net
"...Always degenerate into fascism"
As usual, commies need to make sure the revolution is perpetual. This is a big thing is the far left mindset. The revolutionary state of mind must be maintained, so there will always be reactionaries, running dogs and fascists. It's just the nature of the beast. America's guilty of it too, we have the "War" on drugs or terrorism. A perpetual war waged upon a concept.
I mean, they're not wrong, racists, fascists, etc will always be around. They'll be less prevalent and less powerful, but they'll still be there.

I think the big thing in that mindset is less "the enemy will always be there" and more "the enemy is always this close to seizing power, and thus we must fight them at all costs".

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
I mean, they're not wrong, racists, fascists, etc will always be around. They'll be less prevalent and less powerful, but they'll still be there.

I think the big thing in that mindset is less "the enemy will always be there" and more "the enemy is always this close to seizing power, and thus we must fight them at all costs".
Yep.

The right is perfectly happy with a society where 85% of the public is not being dicks to each other. You'll still run into dicks, but they don't rule the world. That's just life.... you can't make everyone like everyone without fundamentally creating an unhappy world through coercion and stomping on human rights.

The left wants 100% of the public not being dicks, cannot suffer a single dick to live, and, will murder the 15% the right will leave alone before they'll see their dream utopia they are THIS close to making come true be derailed by just a few..... wrongthinkers, even if the rule of law, Constitution and all human individuality burns in the process... the ends justify the means. You have human rights, yes, but those are only for the people living the right way, and killing 1 in 4 isn't that bad, really, I mean, MOST people still get to live, right?

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino