Why would you ever pay a subscription fee for Discord

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

Finder

War is epic, freedom is cringe, ignorance is based
kiwifarms.net
I don't use Discord, but was reading an article about it and apparently people actually fucking pay 10$US per month for it.

10$US per month for a free service with (allegedly) no ads, that won't stop siphoning off all your system's data just because you paid for animated emoji.

Are people actually this retarded, or is there some other reason they pay that I'm not understanding?

Solution
It matters if you're a tranny janny moderating 500 servers and you want to flex your anime girl gif profile image because you'll never be or liked as much as a girl irl.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
You can get a cool logo next to your username with Discord that implies you love the server more than anyone else. And you can get more stickers. Of course that's worth $10, what else would you use that $10 for, posting on Something Awful like a boomer?

Prophetic Spirit

"I'm a x-mas symbol. You gotta deal with it!"
kiwifarms.net
I can understand the server upgrades since if you have a big community, you at least need those features.
But Nitro seems... a really waste of money if only you want animated emojis, shit Twitch is doing since years with BTTV or FFZ. Now they're doing the same thing only this year. Motherfuckers.

Eric T Duckman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Isn't Discord the one where they label it as your monthly funds can "boost" the individual server with cosmetic goodies or am I mixing that up with Reddit's grifting?

North America

Die, Despair, Detest
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It matters if you're a tranny janny moderating 500 servers and you want to flex your anime girl gif profile image because you'll never be or liked as much as a girl irl.

Solution

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only reason I'd do it is for the option to post larger videos (which is a royal pain to begin with) or to have more room to post writing material, since I mostly use it for writing groups to begin with.

Isn't Discord the one where they label it as your monthly funds can "boost" the individual server with cosmetic goodies or am I mixing that up with Reddit's grifting?

You can boost servers, yes.

Chongqing

重庆市
kiwifarms.net
The only reason I'd do it is for the option to post larger videos (which is a royal pain to begin with) or to have more room to post writing material, since I mostly use it for writing groups to begin with.

You can boost servers, yes.
I was offered this for free recently. Should I take it? I don't use discord.