Why're conservatives suddenly supporting nationalization? -

Ron /pol/

Free @Corrugated Daffodils
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Republicans and conservatives have almost always supported private ownership over publicly ownership, but now I'm seeing a bunch of conservative saying Twitter and YouTube should be nationalized and to me it seems like they're only saying this because now they're the ones getting censored not out of principle. Can anyone prove me wrong on this?

Anonymous For This

Flying pierogis at vienna.
kiwifarms.net
Conservatards btfo again.

There's definitely a lot of truth that a lot of conservatives complaining about mass media censorship wouldn't likely be saying shit if the shoe were on the other foot.

Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc are the public square of the modern era. I'm not all for nationalizing them, but I am up for some trust busting. If the bar for competition is so ludicrously expensive that nobody can challenge these platforms, then they can essentially dictate what you can/can not say. Bust them up like we did the telecoms and make them compete.

Exigent Circumcisions

Greasy trotters on your bodice
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well no, Ron, if you have any amount of sources for your assertion that some conservatives and Republicans are advocating for these things, then I can't disprove that it's happened.

As for any questions about their principles; I don't have a clue about these people or their principles. I guess if they speak out of both sides of their mouth on the issue then I can agree that they don't have any.

Are you happy now, Ron?
Is this what's going to make you happy?

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
Well, for one thing it’s one way to ensure that the first amendment get to regulate online social media.

It’s also acknowledging that the internet/social media is the new public forum/“digital commons” and is too important to leave in private hands.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: TerribleIdeas™

Dynastia

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well no, Ron, if you have any amount of sources for your assertion that some conservatives and Republicans are advocating for these things, then I can't disprove that it's happened.

As for any questions about their principles; I don't have a clue about these people or their principles. I guess if they speak out of both sides of their mouth on the issue then I can agree that they don't have any.

Are you happy now, Ron?
Is this what's going to make you happy?
You argue like a fag.

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
I've only seen a few conservatives mention this and like many things in politics, this seems to be a case of conservatives acting like haughty petulant children/teenagers who are either angry or desperate. It's not much different when many Leftists said they would leave the country if Donald Trump won but didn't because they're childish.

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
All sides of the political spectrum are inherently hypocrites. Look at when Obama was in office, the left was all “you gotta respect the president even if you disagree” and the right was all “nuh uh, it’s our patriotic duty to hate the bastard” and now that Trump’s in office they’ve reversed positions
It's all about who has power.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
The far right has always favored mercantilism over capitalism, so if you're talking about regulating multinationals there you go. The far right beat out the center right on that debate. As far as actual nationalization of social media companies, I haven't seen any right wingers talking about that period. There's a lot that want it regulated so it can't just establish itself as some pseudo government bureau controlling the flow of all public information, but that's a far cry from nationalization of an industry.

SmileyTimeDayCare

kiwifarms.net
Conservatards btfo again.

There's definitely a lot of truth that a lot of conservatives complaining about mass media censorship wouldn't likely be saying shit if the shoe were on the other foot.

Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc are the public square of the modern era. I'm not all for nationalizing them, but I am up for some trust busting. If the bar for competition is so ludicrously expensive that nobody can challenge these platforms, then they can essentially dictate what you can/can not say. Bust them up like we did the telecoms and make them compete.
Removing 230 protection isn't nationalizing them and it needs to be done for YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and on and on and as they aren't platforms anymore. They have been caught red handed curating content which makes them a publisher. They are entitled to no protections and removing that shield would be enough to demolish their stupidity.

• Winner
Reactions: TerribleIdeas™
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino