Why're conservatives suddenly supporting nationalization? -

Classist.

*faint staby sounds*
kiwifarms.net
The thing with social media companies is that they control the flow of information to the general public and are now quickly becoming the de-facto way in which people consume the news. I can see how the ability to promote or disprivilege certain points of view could be detrimental to society at large, and could lead to widespread disinformation and ideological wackyness (in fact it already has). Personally I'm fine with the big tech companies continuing to exist, but I really think that they need much more active regulation and very strict rules on what they can censor people for or how much they can fuck with your reach/engagement etc.

Ron /pol/

Free @Corrugated Daffodils
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is a exceptional opinion. Media should be broken up and that is not a nationalization you faggot nigger.
So why don't conservatives talk about breaking up railway companies and Nestle and shit? Fuck me your stupid holy shit way to miss my point shit-for-brains.

• Autistic
Reactions: Vorpal Blade

Mister Loser

The Man with No Plan
kiwifarms.net
Not necessarily on topic, but I think the main problem with trying to "trust bust" online is that it is far more difficult than just breaking up, say, a bank or a railroad. In those cases you can just relagate locations to new companies instead of the trusts, but in the case of something like youtube, how can you do that? Force every other person to go to another site?Seems like the internet's gilded age is a perfect thing that can't be broken. No online-focused company, no matter how large, seems like it'll ever be able to be destroyed,

OmniousAttributer

Mi mi mi
kiwifarms.net
So? You don't have a right to use twitter it's a private social media platform whereas some companies hold influence over the lives and deaths of millions of people (pharmaceuticals).
So? You don't have a right to use twitter it's a private social media platform whereas some companies hold influence over the lives and deaths of millions of people (pharmaceuticals).
NIGGER POLITICAL INTERVENTION IS NOT SAME AS DRUG PRICES R TOO HIGH

Saint Mengele

Gotta make money like Wesley Snipes
kiwifarms.net
Most social media are, essentially, leftist bubbles. I don't want to censor commies, I just want the right to call them dumb and expose for the dirty scoundrels they are. Leftists, on the other hand, want to downright shut down anyone rightwise of Mao and Pol Pot.
Pol Pot was based
nerd genocide now

Reactions: LyapunovCriterion

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
You can talk about ideology all you want but at the end of the day people will vote based on their interests.

People see companies raking in record fortunes while exporting all of the jobs overseas and progressives don't seem t care.

Neoliberal.jpg

Politicians wise, I think this is just rhetoric. Most Republican Reps hate Trump for his economic policies and most populist leaders (Boris Johnson and Harper) have legacies of championing free trade previously.

SmallTalk201

kiwifarms.net
Not necessarily on topic, but I think the main problem with trying to "trust bust" online is that it is far more difficult than just breaking up, say, a bank or a railroad. In those cases you can just relagate locations to new companies instead of the trusts, but in the case of something like youtube, how can you do that? Force every other person to go to another site?Seems like the internet's gilded age is a perfect thing that can't be broken. No online-focused company, no matter how large, seems like it'll ever be able to be destroyed,
Break them up into regional operations and by funtion.

Make it by law main Google can only operate in California. If say new York it needs be a independent company separate from Google main.

Also keep search engine, youtube and the like not under the same parent company.

Lord of the Large Pants

Chicks dig giant robots.
kiwifarms.net
Companies like Twitter and Facebook have become the de facto public square. How do we deal with the public square being in the hands of a small handful of private companies?

I really don't know the answer. I'm not sure nationalization or forced neutrality of some kind would work, and I'm VERY twitchy about stripped section 230. But if we don't figure SOMETHING out, we're gonna be in a bad way.

Ron /pol/

Free @Corrugated Daffodils
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Companies like Twitter and Facebook have become the de facto public square. How do we deal with the public square being in the hands of a small handful of private companies?

I really don't know the answer. I'm not sure nationalization or forced neutrality of some kind would work, and I'm VERY twitchy about stripped section 230. But if we don't figure SOMETHING out, we're gonna be in a bad way.
Cool so why don't you do this for companies that provide stuff you need to live or function in society instead of social media.

Jerkov

kiwifarms.net
Republicans and Democrats are political parties and operate solely for the survival and advancement of their parties. Most people who are over involved in politics aren't really principled conservatives or liberals but rather shills for their respective parties.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino