Wiki General Thread -

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I think each should get its own article. Make sure there's like, a general page. Take a look at Vade's article and copy its use of 2 paragraph summaries and hatnotes for good organization.

Reactions: ULTIMATEPRIMETIME

champthom

"Champthom doesn't bullshit."
Founder
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Just wanted to throw out some words of wisdom for people here.

I think the most important thing is to focus on presentation and not so much exact article details. Not that there's anything wrong with trying to work out article content, but it's always been my position with the CWCki that I would rather have someone who knew nothing about the Chris but was a skilled wiki editor than have someone who knew all about Chris but knew nothing about editing wikis. Again, it's not bad about working out actual article content but it's helpful to try and really get a handle on how to edit wikis and really make the full use of them.

Also, I'll share with you a philosophy I had with the CWCki. My thing has always been usability - I felt that the CWCki should ultimately focus on usability, namely that it can be a resource that people will want to use and utilize, over other factors. The tone of the CWCki is a bit informal and humor is interjected. It's not as dry as Wikipedia but I wanted people to actually read articles and so humor and a casual tone can help make articles more readable because I don't think anyone would read articles about Chris if it was strictly in a dry, academic tone. I mostly cracked down on the A-Logging because it was getting to a point where people refused to use the CWCki because they felt it was totally unreliable.

Likewise, I believe in readability over formality. Here's what I mean - there was some discussion in an article about that Sonichu comic where Chris puts the Asperpedia people on trial, and it was something like CWC vs. the Asperpedia Five in the comic. Some editor believed it should be presented in the article as Chandler v. Watley, Leary, etc. like it was an actual court case. Problem is that most people will forget that Evan has a last name and I more or less ruled that it really should just be what the comic says and what people can actually understand.

I don't deny that the CWCki has problems, I think Null is trying to avoid some of the pitfalls the CWCki had here. Some of the problems are a result of group politics in pleasing certain trolls and also different attitudes at the time it was founded. I'm mostly just sharing my philosophy about this because at least for a time, the CWCki was well respected.

Le Bateleur

Major Arcana
kiwifarms.net
What's the position regarding dox? There are certain lolcows - like Chris - where everything is out there: name, address, phone number. Other cows's dox are very easy to find using Google, but don't seem to have been published anywhere visible - TJ Church would be an example of this.

If, say, TJ's address and phone number are not currently in his article but can be found on a site like WhitePages, should they be added to the wiki?

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I could do something like, make a special namespace that doesn't get indexed by search engines, for instance Dox:TJ_Church would be ignored by crawlers.

We dont have anything atm tho

KatsuKitty

Stone-Cold Bitch
kiwifarms.net
Do we have some kind of gallery template plugin ala ED?

It would be nice to have something to group multiple images into a navigable formation.

Reactions: Feline Darkmage

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
No, this was brought up with Kengle.

I have to first figure out what a Gallery is for before deciding how a template would work. It seems like images should always go into the article, but like, with lolcows it seems like people just want to throw in a bunch of shit at the end like "here's pictures of this dumbass". Not sure what the best approach is.

yawning sneasel

Chadministrator
Staff Member
Community Admin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any chance you could add a map where you can track lolcows? In Michigan we have two lolcows of note: Anthos and JustinRPG. We also have a few lower tier lolcows with ED pages. I actually used to drink juice and play canasta with the grandfather of one of them. Found out later on he was a huge fork.

Wolf Appreciator

kiwifarms.net
@Null: Could you please hook me up with an account? I've already written some stuff about ADF and so to get an article going I'd just need to format it all up nicely and add sources and images.

PantsOfDesire

Celebrating you
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Null. Could I please get an account? I was thinking to do some proof-reading and formatting until I find something worth adding.

Smutley

Kill Count: 2
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
How can we determine what people "deserve" a page and which don't?

In particular, a lot of the ass patters surrounding Phil have small amounts of funny content and bizarre behavior but they have little active internet presence. In the Friends of ADF thread, I could convert a lot of my posts into short, static wiki entries with decent references but I don't know if they'd be considered too small to bother with.

Randall Fragg

Spedfinder general
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How can we determine what people "deserve" a page and which don't?

In particular, a lot of the ass patters surrounding Phil have small amounts of funny content and bizarre behavior but they have little active internet presence. In the Friends of ADF thread, I could convert a lot of my posts into short, static wiki entries with decent references but I don't know if they'd be considered too small to bother with.
Maybe have a "Friends of ADF" page to group all the people related to ADF, but don't have enough on them to be full blown lolcows?

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Wiki should be back up. Please let me know if you encounter errors. PM me directly.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino