• "i hate these scumfuckers so much"

Wiki General Thread

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by Null, Nov 9, 2014.

Forum Guidelines
This board is for discussing the Lolcow Wiki, which is still in early phases.
  1. I think @Darwin Watterson suggested the security mod we're using, but I don't know much about it.

I agree, it's sort of hard to set in stone a perfect article. LCW borrows heavily from WP. It's not meant to be parodic or funny. It's like, this is what we know, and here are sources to back it up. What's funny is what's reality.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  2. It was suggested to me by @WeeGee who had it suggested to him by @GethN7.

• Like Like x 1
    Darwin Watterson

Darwin Watterson Make Kiwi Farms Great Again
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  3. I suggested it given the Lolcow wiki's relatively small size and traffic, but it does require a lot of manuall overrides, otherwise it prevents a lot of otherwise innocent editing.

If there aren't going to be regular people at the wheel, it would be better to remove it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    GethN7

Verified True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I feel that I do a decent enough job of keeping track of it, though I'm just one guy who does have other things to do. Jaimas seems to be laying low for now so it's just me for the time being, and I have no idea where the hell Chimpburgers fucked off to. The Wiki is essentially being staffed by two people right now, myself and Null.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Darwin Watterson

kiwifarms.net
  5. I think locking it down to mod-approved edits because of the one Solidmario incident will slow the already infinitesimal growth of the wiki. Even if my edit gets approved in a day, that's still a day of waiting that I could've used to continue drafting the article.

Finding some way to lock down high-traffic pages would work way better. At the very least, I should be allowed to edit subpages of my user page somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Sergeant Politeness

Sergeant Politeness Searching for weak points

kiwifarms.net
  6. If the extension is moderation, when I believe you just have to assign the user rights to skip moderation, which becomes a separate user group in and of itself.
    PHP:
    require_once "$IP/extensions/Moderation/Moderation.php";

$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['moderation'] = true# Allow sysops to use Special:Moderation
    $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['skip-moderation'] = true# Allow sysops to skip moderation
    $wgGroupPermissions['bot']['skip-moderation'] = true# Allow bots to skip moderation
    $wgGroupPermissions['checkuser']['moderation-checkuser'] = false# Don't let checkusers see IPs on Special:Moderation

$wgAddGroups['sysop'][] = 'automoderated'# Allow sysops to assign "automoderated" flag
    $wgRemoveGroups['sysop'][] = 'automoderated'# Allow sysops to remove "automoderated" flag

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Perhaps maybe more sysops need to be appointed? How about @Feline Darkmage, would you be a wiki sysop?

kiwifarms.net
  8. He got a real job and retired from professional cyberbowling.

I don't even know how to wiki and I have other shit to do aside from hotpocketing this website.

But I recommend @LulzKiller in my stead because he's good at wiki.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Feline Darkmage

Feline Darkmage Oliver D Smith is a Neo-Nazi
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. how many people have actually suggested that at this point? srs question I lost count.

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. I will say keep the amount of sysops proportional to the amount of activity on the wiki. This is why I suggested removing the security shit; it's overkill, and if we solve it with more sysops, that'll be a lot of people policing no content. Most days, the recent changes list is under 10 lines. Even three people monitoring 10 changes a day (usually closer to 5), most of which come from only a few people anyway, sounds remarkably inefficient.

Sergeant Politeness

Sergeant Politeness Searching for weak points

kiwifarms.net
  11. #71 WeeGee, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    kiwifarms.net
  12. That's admittedly my fault. Minor power level, but I'm dealing with a ton of heavy-handed IRL shit and it kinda slipped past me.

I approved the corrections and blocked the account though. Next time I'll be more careful. I apologize.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Darwin Watterson

kiwifarms.net
  13. Lol, no need to apologize, do what you got to do.

kiwifarms.net
  14. I'm a LolCow, do I get an article?

Mr. Burgers

Mr. Burgers Anna Nalick Rocks
    Verified

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.