• "You're the one posting about ann coulter rape fantasies"

Wiki General Thread

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by Null, Nov 9, 2014.

Forum Guidelines
This board is for discussing the Lolcow Wiki, which is still in early phases.
  1. I think @Darwin Watterson suggested the security mod we're using, but I don't know much about it.

I agree, it's sort of hard to set in stone a perfect article. LCW borrows heavily from WP. It's not meant to be parodic or funny. It's like, this is what we know, and here are sources to back it up. What's funny is what's reality.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  2. It was suggested to me by @WeeGee who had it suggested to him by @GethN7.

• Like Like x 1
    Darwin Watterson

Darwin Watterson FOXDICK FARMS SOCK DARWIN WATTERSON
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  3. I suggested it given the Lolcow wiki's relatively small size and traffic, but it does require a lot of manuall overrides, otherwise it prevents a lot of otherwise innocent editing.

If there aren't going to be regular people at the wheel, it would be better to remove it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    GethN7

Verified True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I feel that I do a decent enough job of keeping track of it, though I'm just one guy who does have other things to do. Jaimas seems to be laying low for now so it's just me for the time being, and I have no idea where the hell Chimpburgers fucked off to. The Wiki is essentially being staffed by two people right now, myself and Null.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Darwin Watterson

kiwifarms.net
  5. I think locking it down to mod-approved edits because of the one Solidmario incident will slow the already infinitesimal growth of the wiki. Even if my edit gets approved in a day, that's still a day of waiting that I could've used to continue drafting the article.

Finding some way to lock down high-traffic pages would work way better. At the very least, I should be allowed to edit subpages of my user page somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Sergeant Politeness

Sergeant Politeness Searching for weak points
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. If the extension is moderation, when I believe you just have to assign the user rights to skip moderation, which becomes a separate user group in and of itself.
    PHP:
    require_once "$IP/extensions/Moderation/Moderation.php";

$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['moderation'] = true# Allow sysops to use Special:Moderation
    $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['skip-moderation'] = true# Allow sysops to skip moderation
    $wgGroupPermissions['bot']['skip-moderation'] = true# Allow bots to skip moderation
    $wgGroupPermissions['checkuser']['moderation-checkuser'] = false# Don't let checkusers see IPs on Special:Moderation

$wgAddGroups['sysop'][] = 'automoderated'# Allow sysops to assign "automoderated" flag
    $wgRemoveGroups['sysop'][] = 'automoderated'# Allow sysops to remove "automoderated" flag

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Perhaps maybe more sysops need to be appointed? How about @Feline Darkmage, would you be a wiki sysop?

WeeGee

WeeGee The guy with the creepy Luigi avatar.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. He got a real job and retired from professional cyberbowling.

I don't even know how to wiki and I have other shit to do aside from hotpocketing this website.

But I recommend @LulzKiller in my stead because he's good at wiki.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Feline Darkmage

Feline Darkmage Cat Burglar
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. how many people have actually suggested that at this point? srs question I lost count.

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. I will say keep the amount of sysops proportional to the amount of activity on the wiki. This is why I suggested removing the security shit; it's overkill, and if we solve it with more sysops, that'll be a lot of people policing no content. Most days, the recent changes list is under 10 lines. Even three people monitoring 10 changes a day (usually closer to 5), most of which come from only a few people anyway, sounds remarkably inefficient.

Sergeant Politeness

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. #71 WeeGee, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    WeeGee

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. That's admittedly my fault. Minor power level, but I'm dealing with a ton of heavy-handed IRL shit and it kinda slipped past me.

I approved the corrections and blocked the account though. Next time I'll be more careful. I apologize.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Darwin Watterson

kiwifarms.net
  13. Lol, no need to apologize, do what you got to do.

WeeGee

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. I'm a LolCow, do I get an article?

Mr. Burgers

Mr. Burgers Jesse Radin
    Person of Interest

kiwifarms.net
  15. I try to sign in to the wiki using my forum credentials but it doesn't seem to keep me signed in.

The typical mediawiki controls don't appear at the top. It just redirects me to the index and if I click sign in again the username field is filled with D-va.12718 (despite me signing in as D.Va) so the credentials can't be wrong. What's going on?

D.Va

D.Va girl (male)
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. It's supposed to append your XF number ID to the end of your username (so mine is Sergeant-politeness.13517). Anything past that, I'm not sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Sergeant Politeness

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. You're right for the first few times. I'm not sure when it happened but for a while I've been allowed to sign in as just "Feline Darkmage" in the log-in, however it will always call me "feline-darkmage.9208" on the wiki.

I'm fairly certain that it uses the same password as KF to get on too. I'd ask @Darwin Watterson, @Jaimas, or @Null. As sysops they should know.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Feline Darkmage

Feline Darkmage Cat Burglar
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. Tried signing in again since last week, seems to work now.

D.Va

D.Va girl (male)
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. I have a sort of similar problem to D. Va. I can't seem to log in for whatever reason, though I'm trying to do so with my KF password. I am either just directed to the main page without being logged in or am using bad credentials when I try using the password with the number ID. Does anybody have any ideas?

Marjan Šiklić

Marjan Šiklić Cunt Destroyer
    Person of Interest

kiwifarms.net
  20. I just tried it and it's working for me. I didn't use the number ID though. So for me, it'd look like this:

Username: Darwin Watterson
    Password: (my KF password)

Hope that helps. If it's a technical issue, that's beyond my capabilities. Null handles that. I don't really have anything to do with it.

I've actually never had this problem and have logged out and logged back on several different occasions to make sure of it. So that means it's likely a technical issue.

Darwin Watterson

kiwifarms.net