• "bane pls not me, dun play minecrap"

Wiki General Thread

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by Null, Nov 9, 2014.

Forum Guidelines
This board is for discussing the Lolcow Wiki, which is still in early phases.
  1. Before I try something else about this, is the issue maybe that I just can't use it until I'm added somewhere? Is anybody who registers on this forum immediately a member of the wiki as well?

Marjan Šiklić

Marjan Šiklić Cunt Destroyer
    Person of Interest

kiwifarms.net
  2. I believe so, yes. I'm actually not sure if the old system is still in place or not. The one where you had to request an account personally. The fact that my login credentials changed with the integration says to me that it definitely should work for you.

• Like Like x 1
    Darwin Watterson

Darwin Watterson FOXDICK FARMS SOCK DARWIN WATTERSON
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  3. For me, I had to log in with my XF ID at first (the aforementioned Sergeant-politeness.13517), and then I could use my username to log in. Maybe it generates a MediaWiki account the first time you log in, and for the bridge to work, you have to use your ID, and after it's in the system, then you can use your regular username. That's just my best guess though. It was pretty fidgety getting mine to work and Null helped me with it, so make of that what you will.

Sergeant Politeness

Sergeant Politeness Searching for weak points
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I wish videos could be embedded on articles.

• Agree Agree x 1
    WeeGee

WeeGee The guy with the creepy Luigi avatar.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. I was thinking about this the other day as I found all the sources I was using for the PK article again–is there any chance of archive.is dying, and if there is, what can we do about it? Most of this shit only survives in archive form, and if the archive itself dies, all of it is gone. What then?

Sergeant Politeness

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. Genocide.

• Feels Feels x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  7. If you're paranoid about archive.is, go ahead and take full page screencaps and upload them.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/full-page-screen-capture/fdpohaocaechififmbbbbbknoalclacl

• Agree Agree x 1
    Null

Null a little fucking dog

kiwifarms.net
  8. Actually upon thinking about it, I think if I get the proper training I would actually be willing and able to act as a sysop for our wiki.

Feline Darkmage

Feline Darkmage "Additional Pylon"
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. So now that Solidmario fucked off, can we get rid of the moderation thing? It's still fairly useless, and when I want to quickly add a paragraph and a picture to an article, it becomes a nuisance. At least use Mediawiki's permissions thing to let trusted editors edit without being held up by the moderation gremlin or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Sergeant Politeness

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. I 100% concur with this. SolidMario is gone now. I think we're safe to take that restriction down now @Null.

Feline Darkmage

Feline Darkmage "Additional Pylon"
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. I'd like to see the moderation removed, I can't really edit any articles without them taking hours. I haven't seen SolidMario do much of anything lately so we should be in the clear.

• Agree Agree x 1
    InLivingTuna

InLivingTuna Mew2King inspects the booty
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Continual Wiki login problems. As an example:

- Yesterday I managed to get in using my KF username and password (often cannot)
    - It logged me in as The-kebab-and-calculator.9246
    - Tried to login in again today and the form auto completed The-kebab-and-calculator.9246. Tried my KF password with that login and it does not work.
    - Then tried to login as KF username and password, and it does not work again

The Kebab and Calculator

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. I believe it's safe to disable that "moderation" feature for now. The vandalism influx appears to have stopped, and more people will probably be inclined to edit if they know they won't have to wait around for @Jaimas or myself to approve their changes.

Darwin Watterson

Darwin Watterson FOXDICK FARMS SOCK DARWIN WATTERSON
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  14. I think there was an ability to add people to a group that would make their changes auto-moderated and i mentioned it but no one bothered to implement it

kiwifarms.net
  15. @Null, what's the status on the moderation plugin? Can we get rid of it yet?

Sergeant Politeness

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Should be gone.

Null

kiwifarms.net
  17. I just saved a draft of a new article, and it said it went to moderation. Does that mean I still have to wait for someone to approve it, even if it's gone?

Sergeant Politeness

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. link me

Null

kiwifarms.net
  19. Sergeant Politeness

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  20. Null

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Payment processor has dropped. We will be moving to a different payment collection system next month. Stay tuned.
Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.