Careercow Wil Wheaton + Felicia Day - The "Man" who soy'd the World and the Fakest of Geek Girls, SJW sexual harassment fence-sitters

Pick a side

• Wil "Soyboy" Wheaton

• Felicia "Crybaby" Day

• That shotgun’s looking pretty good right about now...

• Just shut the fuck up Wesley

• Felicia blew me for this vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

TaimuRadiu

kiwifarms.net
I also like how almost literally everyone is returning for the Picard solo show, (no matter how ill-advised and needless I think it is) except Wheaton. Spiner and Sirtis are appearing, Frakes is showing up because he seems to love showing up as Riker and probably would have shown up even if he wasn't asked, and even Jeri "7 of 9" Ryan. No Wesley though.

Also, notice whenever there's some sort of con circuit reunion or anniversary shindig, everybody shows up unless they are busy. Except him. As noted earlier in thread he doesn't appear to get a heads-up on these sort of events. Almost like he's not invited because none of the many, many people involved like him.

Also note how everyone has aged averagely to reasonably well compared to how they were before in TNG while Wil Wheaton aged like raw chicken left out on a windowsill.
No, Wil still has the physique of a young teenager, only with a shitty beard like one.

Doctor Placebo

kiwifarms.net
Wil appears to be on bad terms with Creation, who run the big Trek convention in Las Vegas. He's talked a bunch of shit about them on his blog, and hasn't been to one in years.
Between that, Berman, and no one in the rest of the cast sticking up for him, "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, then you're the asshole," seems like an appropriate quote for Wil.

Ghostse

Waffle SS Untermenchenfurher
kiwifarms.net
Exactly. He landed what could have been a great role despite all the hatred directed at him, if he'd worked with it a bit more and asserted himself, or just done something with it other than pissing all over it for points from nerds at conventions. But he has no modesty, or even ability to fake it. He really does remind me of Andrew Dobson in that he hates the very idea that he should have to actually work to better himself or his craft in order to receive the fame and acclaim he believes is his by right, but more than that, is utterly shameless about saying so outright.
One of the things that makes nerd culture so exceptional and toxic is the refusal to move on from childhood. It's fine to like geeky shit, but if consuming corporate product is the basis of a large part of your identity, there's something wrong with you.

One of the other problems with Wheaton is he never matured.
He is 47 years old. He's almost 50. He has a grown son HIS WIFE'S SON. 20 or even 10 years ago he was about the age of the usual 'successful nerd' - in your early 30s, have a career, enjoy your scifi shit as a hobby. He's now the age of a successful nerd's dad, and starting to age into the 'loser nerd' category.
But his schtick hasn't changed. He is still a whiny emo soyboy, just middle-aged and should know better.

The "hip cool" king of the nerds schtick ages like tard cum. He is Rusty Venture, still trying to recapture the high point of his life as a boy adventurer, but less successful at it then Rusty. He's not a boy wonder anymore, and seeing a 50 year old man human male try to be is just sad.

And I'd like to point out @Sexual Chocolate 's excellent point; I am a nerd, I still like nerd shit, but I've largely checked out on "geek culture" for a while because as stated, much of "geek culture" comes down to just consuming corporate product. And its not just consuming corporate product, its product from corporations that pretty much actively abuse their existing consumer base to attract more.
Show creators, and many show runners can offset a lot of that with their enthusiasm and care about what they put out, but the people with the purse strings who are actually running things obviously don't. It's like staying in an abusive relationship, but you can't even use the "They only do it because they love me!" excuse, since they clearly don't.

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
I also like how almost literally everyone is returning for the Picard solo show, (no matter how ill-advised and needless I think it is) except Wheaton. Spiner and Sirtis are appearing, Frakes is showing up because he seems to love showing up as Riker and probably would have shown up even if he wasn't asked, and even Jeri "7 of 9" Ryan. No Wesley though.

Also, notice whenever there's some sort of con circuit reunion or anniversary shindig, everybody shows up unless they are busy. Except him. As noted earlier in thread he doesn't appear to get a heads-up on these sort of events. Almost like he's not invited because none of the many, many people involved like him.

Also note how everyone has aged averagely to reasonably well compared to how they were before in TNG while Wil Wheaton aged like raw chicken left out on a windowsill.
Speaking of that (and correct me if I'm wrong), I think Wil might've been the only TNG member to not appear on Reading Rainbow.

The Shadow

The Shadow knows!
kiwifarms.net
What I find to be great is that Wil's role as himself on TBBT, while a complete asshole sitcom arch nemesis for the resident autist on a horrifically unfunny show- is far more likeable than the real Wil Wheatus.

• Optimistic
Reactions: millais

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 858508

Wee Willy was obviously responding to a comment that he blocked the user of and deleted (but still felt the need to respond to), but I thought it was hilarious because now it looks like he's just randomly being a huge bitch to one of his lickspittle fans.

Man this guy reminds me more and more of Blockor the Bear. It's pretty pathetic that a guy who with just a little intelligence and grace could have had a great career in entertainment is instead sliding further and further towards being indistinguishable from a never-was cartoonist from Deviantart.
Rick Berman did nothing wrong if he did treat Wil like Will whined about, he never was irreplaceable as Wesley and would have replaced if people did keep sucking up to Roddenberry even after he died
I disagree, Will is actually even below never-was Deviantart anything because you might actually get someone with an amount of talent in there that just does it for fun, Will is a talent, charisma etc. blackhole deviantart WOULD be too good for him

gobbogobb

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not even getting a role on STO is sad. Even Neelix got one. I wonder if he just had insane demands or what.
Nah, more like the dude that played neelix is well liked in the industry, and doesn't ree because he had to play an annoying character.

Wil mistakes whining for networking.

Reactions: Ghostse

TaimuRadiu

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of that (and correct me if I'm wrong), I think Wil might've been the only TNG member to not appear on Reading Rainbow.
Even the behind the scenes people on TNG got to be on it, if you all remember the episode when they showed off the sets of the Ent-D

Reactions: 8777BB5

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
Even the behind the scenes people on TNG got to be on it, if you all remember the episode when they showed off the sets of the Ent-D
That was one of my favorite episodes as a kid. It says something that when the crew gets to be on the show you know you're loathed.

Reactions: Ghostse

Manly-Chicken

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
verl

Like Wil, Bruce mostly makes money by playing himself, just look at Ash (especially in the TV show), Brisco County Jr. Autolycus, his spiderman cameos and Sam Axe, those characters were written especially for him. The main difference being that Bruce is a intelligent, sarcastic, charismatic and fun guy so when he plays himself it actually comes out as good. Also Bubba-Ho-Teep and Escape from L.A are proof of his acting skills.

Wil in the other hand, can't even play himself right. Take a look at his awful delivery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWFyUTjC6tE&ab_channel=Parintachin668
I assume the part where he walks in and is immediately booed by everyone wasn't scripted and is just a natural response everyone has when they see him.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not even getting a role on STO is sad. Even Neelix got one. I wonder if he just had insane demands or what.
Probably. At the very least if they approached him at all, he probably came at them with an attitude of being King Big Deal because of his supposed nerd cred and thus poisoned the well. That's without even getting into salary demands, when I imagine most of the other actors that returned for their roles probably did it for scale since all they had to do was show up to a recording booth for a few hours maybe a couple of times, no getting into costume or makeup or all the rest of that shit. (You can tell that for some of them it affected their performance, Michael Dorn is considerably lower-key and I'd bet anything it's because he didn't have that getting-into-makeup psych time. But anyhoo.)

You'd think that if Wheaton was such a Nerd God they'd have Wesley in there all over the place, ferrying noobs through Starfleet Academy, showing up to hand you goobers for your missions, shit like that. The fact that there's been not a single mention of the character says Wheaton's about as wanted as a proper code overhaul or a cash shop price reduction.

Ghostse

Waffle SS Untermenchenfurher
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, seems likely that there is some behind the scenes shit with Wil.
I mean, while he got irredeemably cucked by Berman twice (three times if you believe that he was offered a part in Nemesis simply so it could be cut), the fact zero other cast members stepped up or reached out after that first time says something.

Nah, more like the dude that played neelix is well liked in the industry, and doesn't ree because he had to play an annoying character.

Wil mistakes whining for networking.
Neelix was played by a very good actor, and was an ok character who wound up just having to give some of the shittiest lines. When Neelix was allowed to be Neelix and not having to play guide and lead viewers to this week's moral, he was alright. Looking at the scripts he was given and being able to deliver the shit lines he's given competently takes skill, doing it for 7 seasons shows dedication to your craft (or a paycheck.)

Last edited:

William Shatner

kiwifarms.net
New post on his blogs:

Some highlights:

''About three weeks ago, I had my first audition in … um … in so long, I can’t even tell you when the last one was, or what it was even for. I average about 4 auditions a year these days, because most of what acting work I do get is offered to me, and I’m not going to complain about that even a little bit, because I am not an ass. ''
''So I did all my creative and professional preparation, like I’ve done for my entire life, and when the usual stress and fear and anxiety didn’t show up, I realized that all the emotional pain and the recovery work I’ve been doing to heal my childhood trauma was actually working! ''

'' I allowed myself to enjoy the entire process, and I honestly, sincerely, totally did not care if I booked the job. I knew that I’d do a good job, because I always do a good job. You don’t get to keep doing this for forty years if you don’t do a good job. ''

'' For my entire career, which started without my consent when I was seven years old, I carried so much emotional baggage into auditions with me, it’s a wonder I could even fit it through the door ''

''It’s about a different person being a better match than me, and that’s it. That’s literally all it is, and if I hadn’t been emotionally abused so much as a kid, maybe it wouldn’t have taken me until I was 47 to have my “this is water” moment. ''

So basically, Wil doesn't land the job and does a 1000 words post on his blog about how he totally doesn't care. He also brings up his ''childhood trauma'' which is something he does every post.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino