Careercow Wil Wheaton + Felicia Day - The "Man" who soy'd the World and the Fakest of Geek Girls, SJW sexual harassment fence-sitters

Pick a side

• Wil "Soyboy" Wheaton

• Felicia "Crybaby" Day

• That shotgun’s looking pretty good right about now...

• Just shut the fuck up Wesley

• Felicia blew me for this vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net
They’d probably make him a talking head viewscreen instead of an actual appearance - but the fact is his character had the stupidest write off in television history: native Americans in space who worship klingons and aliens (instead of birds or bears or the usual) are being displaced by the DS9 bad guys and Wesley stops them with TIME POWERS(???) and some alien says “oh yeah you can do that now” and they disappear together like Epstein in jail.

Now Trek is full of shit and everyone hated Wesley but that story is literally like salting the earth because the writer’s also hated him. Or maybe Wil? Who knows. But the fact they stuck the character into such a stupid ending proves they don’t want him back.
I refer back to the comment I made here. Wil pissed off some folks BIG TIME, and Journey's End (the episode you're referring to) was the writers' way of disposing of the Wesley character. The fact that they did it in possibly one of the silliest episodes ever written for TNG (and that's saying a lot, considering season one gave us Code of Honor) shows us exactly what they thought of Wil.

And boy howdy, the subtext between Wesley and the Traveler just makes my skin crawl in this day and age when 'grooming' and creeping on boys and girls is an acknowledged danger.

That episode sucked overall anyways. They rehashed the same damned plot from season 3's The Ensigns of Command -- a much better episode that showcased Brent Spiner showing why it's a bad idea to piss off Data.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
kiwifarms.net
I refer back to the comment I made here. Wil pissed off some folks BIG TIME, and Journey's End (the episode you're referring to) was the writers' way of disposing of the Wesley character. The fact that they did it in possibly one of the silliest episodes ever written for TNG (and that's saying a lot, considering season one gave us Code of Honor) shows us exactly what they thought of Wil.

And boy howdy, the subtext between Wesley and the Traveler just makes my skin crawl in this day and age when 'grooming' and creeping on boys and girls is an acknowledged danger.

That episode sucked overall anyways. They rehashed the same damned plot from season 3's The Ensigns of Command -- a much better episode that showcased Brent Spiner showing why it's a bad idea to piss off Data.
But only two seasons before, they did "The First Duty," which isn't just the best Wesley episode by a wide margin, but for my money one of the best episodes they ever did. Yes, Wesley is an asshole in that episode, but it's a very human and believable sort of asshole, and Wil Wheaton was given some choice material to work with (and turned in at least a decent performance). What on earth could he have done in the intervening year for them to chuck him in such a humiliating fashion?

Doctor Placebo

kiwifarms.net
But only two seasons before, they did "The First Duty," which isn't just the best Wesley episode by a wide margin, but for my money one of the best episodes they ever did. Yes, Wesley is an asshole in that episode, but it's a very human and believable sort of asshole, and Wil Wheaton was given some choice material to work with (and turned in at least a decent performance). What on earth could he have done in the intervening year for them to chuck him in such a humiliating fashion?
He was a passive aggressive douche to the wrong person, is my guess. Maybe he was trash talking some higher up on the show behind their back and they found out about it. Maybe he was trash talking a lot of people behind their backs and they found out about it.

Basically the non-internet version of what he does on his blog now.

AmpleApricots

kiwifarms.net
Eh he looks ok his age. Could be better, could be worse. He's in his late 40s. Frakes was like ten years younger when he started being Riker. Wil is now as old as Patrick Stewart was when the show started. Let that sink in. Yeah, Stewart really looked old. Funnily enough, that's when Stewart really got known all over the entire world and started being an iconic character, while Wils career at the same age is at an complete end.

All that sweat is the sign of a man who's too fat for his own good/metabolism, his body is struggling to keep his temperature regulated. That's bad for your heart and the late 40s are a kind of vulnerable age for heart disease in men.

Also that pube beard look never, ever looks good. It's the beard of the man who's too lazy to shave. In his neckbeard circles it somehow became okay to just let it grow however like some kind of arab goatfucker but it looks like shit. Take care of your beards if you are going to have one. Also be aware of it's limits.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
When I watched that episode someone I was watching it with was like "did they just send off Wesley with a space pedo?"

Everyone else was like :thinking: but "at least he's gone."

Also that pube beard look never, ever looks good. It's the beard of the man who's too lazy to shave.
Frakes knew how to do a beard. Neatly trimmed, but not too neat.

alemon

kiwifarms.net
I did a quick glance over Patrick Stewart's Twitter. Definitely not as bad as Will's, but I would think he could be dragged into this

anephric

PBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTHHH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was checking out ol' Billy Shatner's twitter today and I barked out a laugh:
View attachment 888204
I vaguely remember that. Shat was directing Star Trek 5 and he told Wheaton kids don’t belong on the bridge of a starship (which, I mean, yes) and Wheaton was so upset that he told the Trek Creator who chewed out Shatner or something.

I’d believe it more that Shatner was trying to get his work done and the kid said something tone deaf and the reply was more “who the hell are you” than “go fuck yourself”

Based_Papa_John

Better ingredients. Better pizza.
kiwifarms.net
It's not Wil Weaton's fault that his character was terrible. Gene Roddenberry was George Lucas before Lucas was Lucas in that he tended to be good with the big picture, but bad with the details. Having lost most of his control over the 1980's movies, he had a second shot at control with the greenlighting of TNG. Some of his ideas were truly horrendous (Dr. Crusher was described as having a "strip-tease" figure and what became Deanna Troi initially had four breasts). Wesley - initially "Leslie" - was named, in part, after Gene Wesley Roddenberry, and became somewhat of a creator's pet, being absolute wunderkind. This resulted in him being an incredibly annoying character on a show that was already struggling with winning over fan support due to cheesy plots and lack of originality.

Weaton could have played off of this fact and made fun of himself, sort of like Shatner did after the disaster that was Star Trek V. However, being the self-absorbed jerk that he is, he just became a meme with no sense of humor. Outside of the Wheaton-Day axis of nerdom, I don't really know of anybody that absolutely loves Wil.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Weaton could have played off of this fact and made fun of himself, sort of like Shatner did after the disaster that was Star Trek V. However, being the self-absorbed jerk that he is, he just became a meme with no sense of humor.
He actually did for a while and seemed as if he'd gotten over himself. Unfortunately, he either backslid or he was faking that all along because he later had a completely butthurt meltdown over the shut up Wesley meme.

Archeopthryx

kiwifarms.net
Maybe if he do some pull-ups his shoulders would broaden and he might be considered for some parts.

Two dumbbells is not a fortune. Get working on those guns and maybe he'll be working on those sets.

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
kiwifarms.net
He actually did for a while and seemed as if he'd gotten over himself. Unfortunately, he either backslid or he was faking that all along because he later had a completely butthurt meltdown over the shut up Wesley meme.
100% faking all along. This guy's whole persona was an act, including that cringy "don't be a dick" exhortation.

When his one season of tabletop was a complete disaster (not knowing the rules, playing games incorrectly...) did he step up like a boss and say "this is on me, we'll fix it and be better for it"?

Of course he didn't. He blamed it all on his producer, alleging bizarre sabotage claims. When even the people on reddit were taken aback he issued a half-hearted, non-apology apology.

I think what we lose in all the mockery is that this is a truly vindictive, terrible person. It's clear anyone who worked with him on TNG understands this.

Last edited:

courteouslemur

kiwifarms.net
I think what we lose in all the mockery is that this a truly vindictive, terrible person.
Yes, when you look back over his blogposts through the years, it's clear that he's fond of punching down. Whether it's blaming the producer on Tabletop, endless stories about the obnoxious people he has had to put up with at cons, hollywood staffers who don't treat him with the respect he thinks he deserves, or entire segments of the population that hold different views than his, he will usually find a way to take the low road and act like a bully from behind the safety of his keyboard. His non-apologies--like the one he issued after his horrible tweet following that church shooting a couple years ago--just demonstrate that not only is he a self-righteous prick, he's a self-righteous prick who is so insecure that he can't stand the thought of people realizing he's a self-righteous prick.

Edit: stupid subject-verb agreement....

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino