Careercow Wil Wheaton + Felicia Day - The "Man" who soy'd the World and the Fakest of Geek Girls, SJW sexual harassment fence-sitters

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

Pick a side

• Wil "Soyboy" Wheaton

• Felicia "Crybaby" Day

• That shotgun’s looking pretty good right about now...

• Just shut the fuck up Wesley

• Felicia blew me for this vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
“How bad is this going to be?”

“Speed meeting”

“Ah, that bad.”

Literally, these people are so afraid of connection that they can’t even have “speed dating”. They have the completely platonic “speed meeting” instead.
I started laughing as soon as I read "a nerdy summer camp at sea". What's the point of this being a cruise? How many of these attendees actually plan on getting off at port and going to the beach, let alone going snorkeling or kayaking? Hell, I don't see the pool getting used much either. And that all-you-can-eat buffet better be stocked with platters of Doritos and gallons of Mt. Dew. The chocolate fountain on the other hand I expect to be sucked dry constantly.

B’Elanna

kiwifarms.net
I started laughing as soon as I read "a nerdy summer camp at sea". What's the point of this being a cruise? How many of these attendees actually plan on getting off at port and going to the beach, let alone going snorkeling or kayaking? Hell, I don't see the pool getting used much either. And that all-you-can-eat buffet better be stocked with platters of Doritos and gallons of Mt. Dew. The chocolate fountain on the other hand I expect to be sucked dry constantly.
Exactly. They didn’t do any of those things. Mostly they played board games and watched skits. The upside was plenty
of available chairs at the pool.

The Dude

Bro, don't even bro, bro.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know much about Felicia Day and haven't viewed this thread in a long time. However, I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas for the first time and found out she voiced Scribe Veronica, one of the companions you can recruit. and it reminded me of this thread. I tried to get any quest having to do with her over with as quickly as I could because her voice is so fucking obnoxious. Her character has nothing funny or interesting to say. Raul the ghoul and Arcade Gannon at least will keep you entertained while wandering the wasteland and dealing with historically backward megalomaniac dictators.

another idiot

kiwifarms.net
I don't know much about Felicia Day and haven't viewed this thread in a long time. However, I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas for the first time and found out she voiced Scribe Veronica, one of the companions you can recruit. and it reminded me of this thread. I tried to get any quest having to do with her over with as quickly as I could because her voice is so fucking obnoxious. Her character has nothing funny or interesting to say. Raul the ghoul and Arcade Gannon at least will keep you entertained while wandering the wasteland and dealing with historically backward megalomaniac dictators.
Feeding her to cannibals feels pretty good though.

Doctor Placebo

Somebody asked for brains?
kiwifarms.net
That sounds genuinely awful and unpleasant. What's the appeal? How is this thing marketed?
Maybe it's marketed to the depressed parents of these eternal manchildren, who get them tickets in hopes that by getting them out of the basement, socializing, and travelling the world, they'll get them to branch out a little and do something with their lives. Maybe even meet a girl or something. 🌈

From the sound of things it's not very effective.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
That sounds genuinely awful and unpleasant. What's the appeal? How is this thing marketed?
I mean, like a good game every now and then with friends and especially my boyfriend, but a cruise is 100% the wrong time and place. If I'm on a cruise I want to do cruise things, not stuff I can do back home.

But I truthfully would never go on a cruise anyways. Norovirus and flu (and now coronavirus) outbreaks aside, a lot of serious shit goes down on cruises. Sexual assault and rape are not rare on cruises, and murders are very much a thing too, especially by being thrown overboard. But you almost never hear about it because cruise companies are masters at covering it up, and easily evade the law by being registered in foreign countries and the complications of crimes occurring in international waters.

To keep it relevant, Wil doesn't have to worry about being tossed overboard because his unironic fans would never have the physical strength to do it. Norovirus would be good karma for his fake nerd bullshit though.

Crescent Fresh

kiwifarms.net
I used to be a fan of the headliner before he caught one of the absolute worst cases of TDS I’ve ever seen, so while I have no idea what it turned into, I can say that the original focus was absolutely the music side of things.

It was basically a “geek musician concert on a cruise ship” with a couple side activities, but now the activities(like, again, Speed Meeting), seem to be the focus, along with meeting random “stars” that have nothing to do with music.

Uberpenguin

Flightless Bird Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
I mean, like a good game every now and then with friends and especially my boyfriend, but a cruise is 100% the wrong time and place. If I'm on a cruise I want to do cruise things, not stuff I can do back home.

But I truthfully would never go on a cruise anyways. Norovirus and flu (and now coronavirus) outbreaks aside, a lot of serious shit goes down on cruises. Sexual assault and rape are not rare on cruises, and murders are very much a thing too, especially by being thrown overboard. But you almost never hear about it because cruise companies are masters at covering it up, and easily evade the law by being registered in foreign countries and the complications of crimes occurring in international waters.

To keep it relevant, Wil doesn't have to worry about being tossed overboard because his unironic fans would never have the physical strength to do it. Norovirus would be good karma for his fake nerd bullshit though.
You sure you just don't want to go on a cruise because you're a weird autistic shut in like most kiwi girls are? If you never hear about it how do you know how frequently it's happening? You say murders by being thrown overboard are common, well on the ships I've been on there are high barriers around the perimeter that make it very difficult to fall overboard, and if those dastardly rapists are hiding somewhere I'm not sure where it is.

If you're going to get raped or murdered it's more likely to be in the port cities you visit than on the ship itself, but assuming you don't wander too far off main tourist tracks and don't have a soy filled man like Wil with you that shouldn't be an issue.

Anyways, being a nerd is almost antithetical to the idea of being on a cruise. Cruises are generally events for richer normies to relax on because they can shut their cell phones off and get drunk while binging at the 24/7 buffet and hanging out with other drunk normies; nerds are just going to sit around in their rooms and not bother showing up to any of the scheduled events, which renders the whole thing moot.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
You sure you just don't want to go on a cruise because you're a weird autistic shut in like most kiwi girls are? If you never hear about it how do you know how frequently it's happening? You say murders by being thrown overboard are common, well on the ships I've been on there are high barriers around the perimeter that make it very difficult to fall overboard, and if those dastardly rapists are hiding somewhere I'm not sure where it is.

If you're going to get raped or murdered it's more likely to be in the port cities you visit than on the ship itself, but assuming you don't wander too far off main tourist tracks and don't have a soy filled man like Wil with you that shouldn't be an issue.

Anyways, being a nerd is almost antithetical to the idea of being on a cruise. Cruises are generally events for richer normies to relax on because they can shut their cell phones off and get drunk while binging at the 24/7 buffet and hanging out with other drunk normies; nerds are just going to sit around in their rooms and not bother showing up to any of the scheduled events, which renders the whole thing moot.
how about I don't want to go on a cruise because they're festering disease pits

and that's not even getting into the fact that wil wheaton apparently does the cruise circuit

William Tell Underpass

#ApplesForHobos
kiwifarms.net
Wait the lady from "The Guild?" Well that's a fuckin shame that was one of my favorite web series.
She was also in Doctor Horribles Sing-a-long musical.

She is such a weird celebrity. Even though she has been in tonnes of stuff, she has always felt to me like the girl from the guild who lots of semi nerdy famous people liked and wanted to cameo in their project and that has been her business model for like 10 years.

Like a Kardashian, famous for being famous... Only with actors instead of real people.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
She was also in Doctor Horribles Sing-a-long musical.

She is such a weird celebrity. Even though she has been in tonnes of stuff, she has always felt to me like the girl from the guild who lots of semi nerdy famous people liked and wanted to cameo in their project and that has been her business model for like 10 years.

Like a Kardashian, famous for being famous... Only with actors instead of real people.
Isn't her husband supposed to be some ancient old man who's big in Hollywood? I'm not big on lore here.