Careercow Wil Wheaton + Felicia Day - The "Man" who soy'd the World and the Fakest of Geek Girls, SJW sexual harassment fence-sitters

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

Pick a side

• Wil "Soyboy" Wheaton

• Felicia "Crybaby" Day

• That shotgun’s looking pretty good right about now...

• Just shut the fuck up Wesley

• Felicia blew me for this vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He got the part based on his previous horror experience, playing the lead in "Having to live life as Wil Wheaton"
I thought you were going to reference The Curse which is a thoroughly mediocre horror film but this works too.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
And once more, after seeing this thread float to the top, my eager anticipation of the news of Wil's suicide is crushed.

*sigh*
I was expecting some kind of scandal between him and the suicide girls but Wil is such a soy-infused cuck that he would be too intimidated and scared to grope some suicide girl, not because he respects all whammens.

haunted vagina

kiwifarms.net
This offhand reference to Wil Wheaton as a "nerd albatross" is the perfect description. He doesn't have any skills or even claim to add anything to any production, he's just someone who has to receive a token paying role on any project whose stated audience is "nerds" or "geeks" because of unstated rules that no one can explain. Basically pulling a Mafia no-show job scam on the entertainment industry.

Crescent Fresh

kiwifarms.net
This offhand reference to Wil Wheaton as a "nerd albatross" is the perfect description. He doesn't have any skills or even claim to add anything to any production, he's just someone who has to receive a token paying role on any project whose stated audience is "nerds" or "geeks" because of unstated rules that no one can explain. Basically pulling a Mafia no-show job scam on the entertainment industry.
Wow, that article explains my exact issues with the new MST3K reboot. It never once managed to keep the charm of the original in any way, it felt far too much like a “high budget show trying to look low budget”, which really didn’t work.

Also, with Rifftrax being a thing, it kind of... didn’t need to exist? You still had the exact trio that the series ended off with riffing movies with the exact same chemistry, they just weren’t using the robots anymore. (And while two-thirds of those guys have become cucked as all hell in recent years on social media, they generally keep it far enough away from the actual product being sold, at least.)

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wow, that article explains my exact issues with the new MST3K reboot. It never once managed to keep the charm of the original in any way, it felt far too much like a “high budget show trying to look low budget”, which really didn’t work.
I mean I could tell from the very start that it was going to be shit when they introduced the new main character. The series repeatedly emphasized that the other two were just average nobodies basically off the street, nothing special about them (other than Joel's ability to build robots out of any-fucking-thing, apparently). The idea that they could be, y'know, you. Instead the first thing they have to do with this new guy is start giving an ego-stroke about what a great employee is, and he's lured into the theater by setting up a situation where they naturally knew he'd try to be a hero.

It basically just says a lot about the difference in viewpoint of the people making it. For them, the viewpoint character can't be normal, he can't be a "regular joe", because they're all heroes in their own mind. They're super special. Felicia, Patton, all the rest, they're all deeply in love with their own myths, and they understand that the generation they're appealing to all sees themselves as merely a temporarily resting Skywalker.

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
kiwifarms.net
Yeah but the character was, what, a janitor? Weren't both Joel and Mike janitors?

New guy's a fuckin' space pilot.
Mike was a temp, but more or less that's correct. A couple of blue collar guys with a little bit more to them.

All I needed to know was that it had Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt attached. There would be no recovery from that.
Originally I was optimistic about Patton, this was before he was revealed to be the wife murdering, TDS mess he is now.

Felicia I had no illusions about.

haunted vagina

kiwifarms.net
Also both Joel and Mike were characterized as people who were literally tortured by watching shitty scifi movies and despite their low stations in life were extremely interested in highbrow art film. When Mike was asked to pick what he would like to watch in season 10 he asked for Hamlet. MST3K was not a show about appreciating "camp" or "so bad it's good" or how "B-movies are actually charming," it's a show about hating shit for being obviously shit. Redoing it with people who can't get enough MCU crap is missing a big point.

Crescent Fresh

kiwifarms.net
Yeah but the character was, what, a janitor? Weren't both Joel and Mike janitors?

New guy's a fuckin' space pilot.
To be a bit fair to Joel’s building ability, he basically cannibalized an important part of the ship to pull it off, so he didn’t make them out of just anything.

Also, genuinely, “two nobodies off the street” could also be referring to whoever they got to play the robots this time around. I can’t even remember their names, they were so inconsequential.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
I mean I could tell from the very start that it was going to be shit when they introduced the new main character. The series repeatedly emphasized that the other two were just average nobodies basically off the street, nothing special about them (other than Joel's ability to build robots out of any-fucking-thing, apparently). The idea that they could be, y'know, you. Instead the first thing they have to do with this new guy is start giving an ego-stroke about what a great employee is, and he's lured into the theater by setting up a situation where they naturally knew he'd try to be a hero.
Oh god the fucking cringe intro to Milennial Science Theater that is going to age like fine milk. The literal-who of the cameo cast they forced in that makes 70s grind house casting seem timeless by comparison.

Mike and Joel were nobodies and that was the point. Jonah was introduced as some fucking hero space pilot and they couldn't stop going out of their way to complement the size of his dick.

I've posted the complete turd that was Jonah Ray's stand up routine here before, but I'm also really curious what toilet they fished up the rest of the main cast from as well as I could not tell Servo and Crow's VA's apart. As tfa mentioned they had no timing, and the utter ear bleeding when they tried to sing.

Their abuse of their fucking laser cutter too. Every goddamn episode they had to show off something they'd used that thing for whether it made sense or not. They missed the point, there the results looked a little more polished but lacked any charm or imagination. MST3K was about making fun of bad movies. Millennial Science Theater was about simulating the experience of watching a movie with friends for people who had none.

The only good thing about that abomination is that since Joel was attached, its retroactively settled the Mike vs. Joel debate for good.
that is a joke, let it go you fucking sperg

Anyway, I think that's all the mad on the internet out of my system.