Careercow Wil Wheaton + Felicia Day - The "Man" who soy'd the World and the Fakest of Geek Girls, SJW sexual harassment fence-sitters

Pick a side

• Wil "Soyboy" Wheaton

• Felicia "Crybaby" Day

• That shotgun’s looking pretty good right about now...

• Just shut the fuck up Wesley

• Felicia blew me for this vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kitlen

Back from the dead... sort of.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lol, good ole Wil posted on his blog about the thirtieth anniversary of Next Gen and how he’s one year older than Patrick Stewart when it premiered. Can you imagine? Working with one of the most accomplished actors of our time and realizing you’re just a soy boy cuck that got astronomically lucky? Man, that’s sad.

Flaming Insignias

Ready for anything
kiwifarms.net
Nice, so Wil, in addition to all the other checkboxes he hits for being a total cuck, is now the living embodiment of "My wife and her husband's children"
I thought that “my wife’s son” was used more to mock cuckolds as being so pathetic they would proudly raise the children of their wife’s infidelity. Stepkids are less pathetic, usually.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought that “my wife’s son” was used more to mock cuckolds as being so pathetic they would proudly raise the children of their wife’s infidelity. Stepkids are less pathetic, usually.

There's definitely an "ironic" macho trend that really isn't particularly better than the numales where it's deemed hilarious to shit on someone for not reproducing or for having any hand in raising kids that aren't your own spawn. However, I think "my wife's son" is sort of an interesting case where it conveys some interesting depth beyond the shallow surface insult. For one thing it mocks how the real authority in raising the children lies with the mother... that everything about actually raising them is her decision, and that no matter how long they're married or how much they claim to be partners, she's the one who will decide how the kids turn out and he has no say in it, pointing out that he's the second class citizen in the union.

For another, when you're pointing out how it's often the numale themselves that is always using some sort of distancing language ("my wife's son", "my step-son", "my adopted son"), it's showing that they themselves are trying to keep distance there... actually being the kid's father and just saying "son" implies a whole range of things that soyboys like Wee Willy are desperate to avoid. Responsibility, adulthood, and worst of all, the possibility that the kid might blame them for everything that goes wrong in their life, just like the soyboy (especially Wee Willy) blames everything on his own parents. Always keeping that measure of distance basically keeps them from being a real, actual parent in their own mind, and avoids that responsibility, that acknowledgement of their own age, and the possibility of blame out of their minds. As we've seen, Wheaton is positively eager to claim this guy that only asked for adoption on becoming an adult when it comes to inflating his own ego by claiming he's such an awesome guy that the "kid" wanted this... but that's where his involvement in the kid's life? Where is his worry about having been a good parent and continuing to be a good parent? He yammers on about his personal life constantly, but it's all him, him, him, and there is nothing that says he thinks of himself as an actual father.

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Responsibility, adulthood, and worst of all, the possibility that the kid might blame them for everything that goes wrong in their life, just like the soyboy (especially Wee Willy) blames everything on his own parents.

Instead, the kid will resent him and grow up blaming him for his problems because he grew up without a male role model. The kid will be bitchmade, will know it, and will not be happy about it. It's really the opposite of the extreme of the abusively macho dad, the abusively distant, weak dad.

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Instead, the kid will resent him and grow up blaming him for his problems because he grew up without a male role model. The kid will be bitchmade, will know it, and will not be happy about it. It's really the opposite of the extreme of the abusively macho dad, the abusively distant, weak dad.

I'd say that with the way the kid did it, in this case waiting to ask for adoption until he wasn't actually a kid anymore, was specifically designed to fuck over his own father and not actually require him to give anything to Wheaton as far as familial love goes. Waiting until he was no longer a minor and then doing it was probably something he and his mother worked together as a "fuck you" to her ex... that way she got child support on him for literally as long as possible, and then the kid makes a show of "You're not my dad anymore."

The hilarity of Wee Willy getting all teary-eyed over the ego stroke of it is that the whole thing was clearly never about him. He was, at best, an accessory, the kid and the wife were both using him. Everything was about the man that actually dominates the wife's thoughts, her ex. While I doubt Wee Willy even thinks of his beloved "son" all that often, the "son" probably thinks of Wee Willy even less. It was a stunt that was about his actual father, Wheaton was just a prop for the show.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For another, when you're pointing out how it's often the numale themselves that is always using some sort of distancing language ("my wife's son", "my step-son", "my adopted son"), it's showing that they themselves are trying to keep distance there... actually being the kid's father and just saying "son" implies a whole range of things that soyboys like Wee Willy are desperate to avoid. Responsibility, adulthood, and worst of all, the possibility that the kid might blame them for everything that goes wrong in their life, just like the soyboy (especially Wee Willy) blames everything on his own parents. Always keeping that measure of distance basically keeps them from being a real, actual parent in their own mind, and avoids that responsibility

Holy shit this is 100% on the fucking money. I know a few dudes with step kids, and the ones who don't refer to them as such always seem to be the much better parents and men. Hell, one is a friend of mine from the Corps who has 2 step daughters and a step son, he calls all three his children and he actually talks to their biological father a few times a month to tag up with him on how all three are doing and getting his take on shit when shit comes up. His wife is annoyed by this because her husband and her ex have become pretty close friends, but she understands it's way better for her kids because they're getting extremely informed and well reasoned parenting as a result.

The other is a former coworker that always calls them "The wife's kids" or "The steps" and he sucks at life and those kids seem to quietly hate him. Hell, his wife doesn't really seem to like the guy either. I'm sure once they get the kids through school they'll split up and he'll drink himself to death and she'll go get a well off dude in some white trash utopia like Jacksonville, Vegas or Moab to take her in before her ass turns to cottage cheese

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
I'd say this was levels of cringe I did not think it was humanly possible to attain, but I literally could not watch it the whole way through. What I got through was (essentially) "I'm a nerd, you're a nerd, (HaHaHa!) and that's just so cool! (HaHaHa!) "

And for no reason I can quite articulate and probably to my everlasting shame I actually AM a fan of Ready Player One. And prior to this interview was looking forward to the sequel. Now, eh.

Caverlock

kiwifarms.net
Wil is going to "save our future" by raising money for Biden tonight. You're welcome.

image.jpeg

http://archive.md/PxT5n / https://twitter.com/BrentSpiner/status/1312187344418557952/photo/1