Careercow Wil Wheaton + Felicia Day - The "Man" who soy'd the World and the Fakest of Geek Girls, SJW sexual harassment fence-sitters

Pick a side

• Wil "Soyboy" Wheaton

• Felicia "Crybaby" Day

• That shotgun’s looking pretty good right about now...

• Just shut the fuck up Wesley

• Felicia blew me for this vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
Oh, absolutely. The arcades only endured as long as they could stay ahead of home console hardware limitations. When the consoles reached parity, that was pretty much all she wrote. You still see classic machines now and then (there's a collection that's been making the rounds at DragonCon; I humorously referred to their old Missile Command cabinet as 'an elegant game from a more civilized age'). But sadly, the days of the arcade -- of putting your quarter up on the cabinet so you'd be in line, of having to shift around so you could cram six players onto that six-joystick X-Men cabinet... those days have passed forever.
Well there is tat big arcade place near where i live that opened not that long ago that also has a, a restaurant, a karaoke ect. they still exist if you look hard enough and in the case i mentionned thrive

Reactions: Ghostse

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Well there is tat big arcade place near where i live that opened not that long ago that also has a, a restaurant, a karaoke ect. they still exist if you look hard enough and in the case i mentionned thrive
There are plenty of nostalgia things like arcade bars that mainly appeal to boomers and to a lesser extent hipsters and soy boys.

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
There are plenty of nostalgia things like arcade bars that mainly appeal to boomers and to a lesser extent hipsters and soy boys.
I was talking about something called Rec rooms, it might fall under what you're talking about

Kerth Gersen

kiwifarms.net
Lol get a load of this nigger acting like deep nerd shit is this all-consuming cultural zeitgeist.
Cathy Newman, is that you? Coz that's not what he said. Unless you just discount the scale-setting "...basically an avatar of..." bit. I won't argue how significant/insignificant Wheaton is, but it does seem like there's sides in the cultural zeitgeist, and he's definitely on the non-thinking one.

Ghostse

Waffle SS Untermenchenfurher
kiwifarms.net
Home consoles killed the arcades in a big way. They still existed and people still went to them, but the hardcore score-chasing culture very swiftly died. Will is once again spinning an 80s movie-induced fantasy to fluff up his waning nerd credibility, and it's to a newer generation who can't see through the BS because it sounds credible enough to be true.
Oh, absolutely. The arcades only endured as long as they could stay ahead of home console hardware limitations. When the consoles reached parity, that was pretty much all she wrote. You still see classic machines now and then (there's a collection that's been making the rounds at DragonCon; I humorously referred to their old Missile Command cabinet as 'an elegant game from a more civilized age'). But sadly, the days of the arcade -- of putting your quarter up on the cabinet so you'd be in line, of having to shift around so you could cram six players onto that six-joystick X-Men cabinet... those days have passed forever.
I miss arcades.

Back when i was a spotty quiff sporting virgin I used to razz my TDR 250 up to Skegvegas and waste all my pay check on RidgeRacer, virtua cop, super sonic blastman and the incredibly gay Arm Champs 2.

Ironically it was on a blast out to Skeggy that I bought a SNES with SF2 and ended up never going back.
:off topic: but arcades are still out there and running, but it's no longer an 'everykid' experience.
They've also usually moved to an "unlimited" or "by the hour" play, or rec rooms as someone else pointed out.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
kiwifarms.net
Felicia is apparently going to ride this "awkward geek girl" thing into the ground long after menopause. This looks fucking AWFUL, even by 'you go girl!', self-help drivel standards.

Felicia Day Wants You to Embrace Your Weird in New Book

We talked to Felicia Day about her new book, Embrace Your Weird. Here's what we learned from our exclusive interview!
FEATURE

Aaron Sagers

Jul 11, 2019
You may like her for her acting as Codex, Kinga, Vi, Tallis, Holly, Poppy, or Charlie, but Felicia Day is perhaps better known as an author, producer, and entrepreneur. Now, with her new book, the creator of The Guild and Geek & Sundry steps into the role of inspirational force of geeky good.

Announced today, Embrace Your Weird: Face Your Fears and Unleash Creativity, is a motivational guide to cultivating creators, and challenging the imagination with exercises – coupled with Day’s own personality, and personal anecdotes drawn from “therapy, self-help, and just plain trial by fire,” as she describes in the press release.

The October 1st release by Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, follows Day’s 2015 memoir You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost). According to the publisher, the book is “Part guided journal, part imaginative workbook” that is something of a “Wreck This Journal meets You Are a Badass meets Felicia’s inimitable blend of hilarity and hard-earned wisdom.”...

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
kiwifarms.net
Felicia is apparently going to ride this "awkward geek girl" thing into the ground long after menopause. This looks fucking AWFUL, even by 'you go girl!', self-help drivel standards.

Careful there, Den of Geek. Felicia is so popular your comment section might hit double digits.

anephric

PBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTHHH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

As bad as this looks - and it does, ye Gods - there is one thing that is admirable about it: Felicia Day knows she has a niche market value and is softball pitching this stuff. Is it bad? Yes. Is it obvious she’s a husk of a person making money off thirsty weirdos who will buy anything she markets? Also yes.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino