Will New York go to Trump? -

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I do like that Trump is putting some focus on NY to at least try to win it. Can't fault the guy for trying to work for it, you know?

A part of me wants to be optimistic and think it's possible to win it if Trump's campaign is putting effort towards winning it ... But ... It's fucking New York: One of the worst states in the Union.

Let's entertain the possibility of Trump winning New York for a second: Election Night would end really damn early. Like, before the West Coast could even close their polls, lol. Don't think it's going to happen but imagine the salt if it did. The glorious salt.

I'm rooting for Trump to win it obviously, but I'm not placing any bets nor am I going to hold my breath for NY voters to ever get their shit together.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
New York will likely still go to the Democrats this year but it will be a lot closer than previous elections . Come next election it will probably either be a light blue, a purple, or possibly even a light red

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
New York will likely still go to the Democrats this year but it will be a lot closer than previous elections . Come next election it will probably either be a light blue, a purple, or possibly even a light red
Now if that happens, then the GOP needs to put up a damn monument of Trump and consider him to be the gold standard for future GOP politicians instead of Reagan. lol.

Trump has been slowly but surely changing the Electoral Map already. The "Blue Wall" that was MN, MI, and WI was almost completely dismantled in within a single election cycle. OH is becoming safely red, and if Trump takes PA in November we can start talking about that state shifting to red as well. Lots of good changes, I'd say.

I am pretty certain that Trump will fare a lot better in NY compared to 2016 simply based on the fact that his campaign is working there this time around. Back in 2016, Trump used his funds for solely the Electoral Map, and didn't bother in multiple states where he knew he would lose (like New York and California). If Trump had actually campaigned in those states in 2016, then he would have won the popular vote as well. I strongly believe that.

I think that Trump campaigning in New York this time around is going to help him with the popular vote this time, rather than the Electoral Map.

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
No. Despite all the people who have left NYC everyone else who has stayed will vote blue. And NYC is the only place that matters for the state. Look up the county map, the entire rest of the state is red with the possible exception of Albany yet Clinton still got it. NY and Cali are guaranteed blue in this election. Every other state is up for grabs though.

Someone Awful

kiwifarms.net
No.

The only way the GOP can grab the state back is if they can slowly turn it over the course of the next few election cycles. The GOP need to redden reliable counties and make the cities - especially New York City - a lighter shade of blue. If it happens, it might become a purple states but expect this to be decades of work. Of course Trump could be laying the groundwork for New York in particular seeing as he is trying to get the city votes.

KiwiLedian

It's the bees knees
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unless you slice NYC out of the picture it's not happening. While the state's rural and quieter areas are GOP domains or only lean slightly Dem, the city balances it out in its favor every time. 2016 had Clinton win by 2 million votes, of which all came from one place. The 2016 electoral map shows this in spades:

1599860136450.png

Tags
None