Will the 2020s be better? -

Will the 2020s be a better decade than the 2010s?

• Total voters

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I'm old enough to somewhat remember the pre-9/11 world.

Everything has been different since that fateful day...
Unfortunately, that was the start of all the trouble.

Sometimes I wonder what, for example, the impact of the news media playing clips of those towers falling over and over and over and over had on the human psyche, was that really necessary?

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
was that really necessary?
I heard they did the same thing with the Challenger disaster in the 1980s: they replayed the shuttle exploding over and over.

9/11 was different. The Challenger disaster was an accident that led to improved safety. 9/11 was a deliberate terror plot that led to less freedom, more paranoia, endless war, and Clown World.

In hindsight, replaying the towers falling over and over really marked the start of the "new normal" (which keeps getting worse).

Last edited:

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Pluto TV internet and mobile app have a channel dedicated to fully remastered HD version of Baywatch so maybe it is getting better. Its so much more better than the movie lol.
Those episodes are pretty cut. It would probably take half a billion issue Baywatch fully uncut in the states. Way way too many licensed music, famous cameos, and product placement to get the rights for. There's a ton of new original music written just for these remasters. I mean, there decent but its not 1:1 the same as watching it in the 90s. The german DVDs,minus the german title cards, are the only place to see the show fully uncut.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Those episodes are pretty cut. It would probably take half a billion issue Baywatch fully uncut in the states. Way way too many licensed music, famous cameos, and product placement to get the rights for. There's a ton of new original music written just for these remasters. I mean, there decent but its not 1:1 the same as watching it in the 90s. The german DVDs,minus the german title cards, are the only place to see the show fully uncut.
Do they at least keep the thong clad butts?

Reactions: Syaoran Li

Syaoran Li

Totally Radical Dude
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This thread aged poorly...
To be fair, the severity of COVID-19 pretty much threw everyone for a curveball and nobody on here saw it coming.

The 2020's as a whole may be okay in the long run if we're really lucky.

But I'm not holding my breath on that either.

2020 specifically has been an utterly insane chaotic shitshow so far.

I think the real question is will 2020 be the "darkest hour before the dawn" finale of the 2010's zeitgeist, or will it be the warm-up act of a truly horrifying decade.

At this point, it's still too early to tell if this will just be 2020 or "the 2020's" as a whole, we're just now starting to close in on the halfway point of 2020.

I'd wait until the election is over and we get close to 2021 before we start making more firm predictions.

I'm going to get branded optimistic as usual for saying this, but if anything, this shitshow of a year has only strengthened my belief that woke culture is dying.

The blatant hypocrisies and controversies surrounding Joe Biden has killed the #MeToo movement in the long run, and as more people are facing genuine hardships, the SJW Left are going to be held increasingly in contempt by the masses as the crisis continues. Especially with all the snarling at people protesting against the economic shutdowns and the kind of folks who are most likely to oppose the protesters and their concerns...

The entertainment industry may have to make some changes with forcing woke shit as it continues to be poison for their sales figures and they're not as able to lean on the money from the Chinese market or their bearded wide-mouth cultists as easily as they did before the pandemic and they'll cut off the dead weight to keep their profits going.

Call me an optimist, but I think this culture war may be finally reaching its end, even if we don't fully know it yet. I could be wrong, of course. But Current Year is likely nearing its final act.

The concerning part is whether or not that final act is merely one really shitty year followed by recovery and reevaluation, or if the final act is part of a wider catastrophe that makes any culture war nonsense a total moot point.

Last edited:

FuckedUp

kiwifarms.net
My dearest hope is that this pandemic serves as a uniting factor, ironically enough, for the country. When an immediate problem like this tears through a nation without discriminating on race or class lines, and people have to worry about day-to-day life over politics, generally we see everyone but the truly die-hards bleed away from fringe politics.
No, this has exacerbated wealth disparity to the nth degree thanks to the autistic lockdowns.

Syaoran Li

Totally Radical Dude
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Slightly off-topic, but I've been wondering what will happen when or if woke culture dies out in the mainstream?

There was a thread in this sub-forum about a year ago on this, and instead of necroposting there, I might as well share my thoughts here since it could have a role in how the 2020's ultimately play out in the cultural side of things.

The SJW zeitgeist of the 2010's is in a state of decline. It's not dead yet, and they're still as despotic as ever, but it's quite obvious that cracks are showing in the facade. A Trump reelection will very likely kill woke culture in the long term, but not for the reasons one would think.

I think the escalation of SJW wokeness that began around 2011-2012 and became more readily up front from 2014 onward hit a fever pitch in 2017-2018 after the inauguration of Trump.

2017 was the year that gave us the start of Me Too, the rise of Antifa on the national level, Unite The Right, and the major social media and payment processor firms all becoming increasingly draconian in their censorship efforts, and this got even more intense in 2018.

2019 was the year where actual serious pushback against woke culture was being made outside the 2016 election and Kavanaugh's appointment.

The Weeb Wars were probably the first moment where I saw actual potential in fighting back, as autistic as that definitely sounds. Vic fought back hard and has a lot of support, and he's still fighting back in appeals court despite it all.

There's also the Covington Catholic boys fighting back and actually winning. CNN of all people gave them a massive settlement to keep them from going to court, which was rather unusual.

ProJared even bounced back from his MeToo moment somewhat. He's not as big of an e-celeb as he was before, but he proved his innocence and he's back in the game as it were. ProJared's still a douche in his own right, but he still didn't get fully "cancelled"

On the more important side, Rose City Antifa's vendetta against Andy Ngo really showed the ugly side of Antifa to a lot of normies. Even the MSM had to begrudgingly acknowledge it since Andy is not white and not straight, even if they downplayed it. The clickbait mills actively cheered on Antifa and slandered Ngo, but they're also in a state of decline that's only worsened since then.

The Squad have gone from media darlings to a massive embarrassment for the DNC, the whole impeachment proceedings were a waste of time, and now we have Obamagate and the fact that the COVID-19 lockdowns have thrown everyone off-track.

Here's the thing, there's a reason why the neoliberal corporate elites have tripled down on all this woke shit despite it blowing up in their faces, and I've said it many times before.

They think 2016 was a fluke, or at least they want it to become one after the fact.

The SJW Left keeps getting backed by the neoliberal establishment because they don't want 2016 to happen again. The Project Veritas leaks in 2019 proved this, at least on Google's part.

This is why they're quadrupling down on all the woke shit and the extreme "with us or against us" rhetoric. They don't want a second term of Trump, and will do anything to make sure even a dud like Biden wins.

Trump winning 2020 is the kick in the balls that makes them realize that it was all in vain, and then they will do what they can to recoup all the money they wasted and lost. With COVID-19 and the economy tanking, this is even more of an issue in the event of a second term of Trump.

Coronavirus is a true black swan event. Nobody saw it coming back when were making our predictions last year, and as I've stated many times over, I think it's going to kill woke culture in the long term, especially if Trump wins.

If Trump wins again in 2020 and the SJW's die out in the mainstream like the Religious Right did when Bush left office, the question is "What's next?"

Really, I think we'll eventually see the right-wingers become the new moral authoritarians in due time, just like we did with the lefties. The left back in the 2000's seemed to be the fun cool ones while the right was seen as the party of fundies and neocons that any reasonable person disliked at least to a certain degree, even if they didn't express it.

Then in the early 2010's, it all fell apart and you saw divisions in the ranks.

I'd say the first real warning signs of "Current Year" and woke culture were the online slapfights involving Atheism+ and far more importantly, the entirety of Occupy Wall Street back in 2011.

Once Bush left office, there was no common enemy for the leftists and liberals in America, and then Obama's presidency made everything worse. He mostly continued the worst of Bush-era policies and the media fawned over him anyway.

I think we'll see a similar thing if Trump wins in 2020, it'll have a similar effect for this culture war nonsense as Bush leaving office did for the previous round of the culture wars.

The neoliberals will no longer see the SJW Left as useful, and will readjust their strategy while the "Right" (anyone who's not woke) will fall into infighting and a new form of moral guardians pop up.

At first, I figured the new right-wing moral guardians would probably be either lolbergs or some unironic version of "America Fuck Yeah!" rhetoric since the Religious Right had shat the bed too hard, but now I think that might not be the case.

The Religious Right did shit the bed way too hard, but they were almost entirely trad Protestants and usually Evangelical to boot. Instead, I think a resurgent Religious Right will be Catholic or at least some affectation thereof.

For all their flaws, the Catholics aren't quite as tainted as the Evangelicals and Protestants in the minds of the post-Boomer generations, and traditionalist Catholics were largely absent from the Satanic Panic of the 80's and 90's or the Bush-era hysteria after 9/11.

We already can see some early warning signs with the "traditionalists" online. Nick Fuentes and Vox Day are some of the more egregious and cringe-inducing examples, but then you've got the other traditionalists like The Distributist, who is actually somewhat well-read in comparison to lolcows like Fuentes and Sargon or the average BreadTuber.

I think we may see a new Religious Right start to coalesce in the early 2020's, one that is very different from the old one of the Reagan and Bush years, and I would not be surprised if they start becoming extremely vocal in the late 2020's or 2030's when the later part of Gen Z and the Alpha Generation are entering adulthood.

The Last Stand

13 - Joan Crawford Special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think we may see a new Religious Right start to coalesce in the early 2020's, one that is very different from the old one of the Reagan and Bush years,
If Trump wins a second term, what will the Republican Party do after that?

The "New" Right may consist of Trump fanatics mixed with the religious right. I can see a divide shift with the Republican Party post-Trump.

Trump is not establishment. For better or worse, we'll never have a President like him for a long time.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Take heed in the fact that the very first year of a decade is never indicative of where a decade will wind up.

Nobody could have imagined the extremes of political correctness and woke culture in the year 2010 and yet those were the things that defined the 2010s, but 2010 itself was still very much part of that 2000s mentality, in the year 2010 you had God of War 3, a video game where the player character brutally murders a topless woman, this was published by Sony no less, can you even imagine a AAA game featuring something like that just a couple of years later, to say nothing of the latter half of the decade?

To go back further nobody could have imagined 9/11 or the Iraq war in the year 2000, most people thought the new millennium was going to be a borderline utopian time for humanity.

So on one hand 2020 is an exception because virtually overnight life in America changed drastically and the 2010s is already a bygone era, but at the same time just because we're dealing with this now doesn't mean will still be dealing this sort of thing for the rest of the decade.

If anything it seems to me that a decade winds up the polar opposite of wherever it's first year was, so if times are tough now than that may mean the rest of the 2020s will be awesome.

The Last Stand

13 - Joan Crawford Special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If anything it seems to me that a decade winds up the polar opposite of wherever it's first year was, so if times are tough now than that may mean the rest of the 2020s will be awesome.
Let's get through Corona and the 2020 Election first. Then let's see if they run out of steam very soon.

I'm getting tired of it.

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only. No other posts allowed. :DDDD
kiwifarms.net
Slightly off-topic, but I've been wondering what will happen when or if woke culture dies out in the mainstream?

There was a thread in this sub-forum about a year ago on this, and instead of necroposting there, I might as well share my thoughts here since it could have a role in how the 2020's ultimately play out in the cultural side of things.

The SJW zeitgeist of the 2010's is in a state of decline. It's not dead yet, and they're still as despotic as ever, but it's quite obvious that cracks are showing in the facade. A Trump reelection will very likely kill woke culture in the long term, but not for the reasons one would think.

I think the escalation of SJW wokeness that began around 2011-2012 and became more readily up front from 2014 onward hit a fever pitch in 2017-2018 after the inauguration of Trump.

2017 was the year that gave us the start of Me Too, the rise of Antifa on the national level, Unite The Right, and the major social media and payment processor firms all becoming increasingly draconian in their censorship efforts, and this got even more intense in 2018.

2019 was the year where actual serious pushback against woke culture was being made outside the 2016 election and Kavanaugh's appointment.

The Weeb Wars were probably the first moment where I saw actual potential in fighting back, as autistic as that definitely sounds. Vic fought back hard and has a lot of support, and he's still fighting back in appeals court despite it all.

There's also the Covington Catholic boys fighting back and actually winning. CNN of all people gave them a massive settlement to keep them from going to court, which was rather unusual.

ProJared even bounced back from his MeToo moment somewhat. He's not as big of an e-celeb as he was before, but he proved his innocence and he's back in the game as it were. ProJared's still a douche in his own right, but he still didn't get fully "cancelled"

On the more important side, Rose City Antifa's vendetta against Andy Ngo really showed the ugly side of Antifa to a lot of normies. Even the MSM had to begrudgingly acknowledge it since Andy is not white and not straight, even if they downplayed it. The clickbait mills actively cheered on Antifa and slandered Ngo, but they're also in a state of decline that's only worsened since then.

The Squad have gone from media darlings to a massive embarrassment for the DNC, the whole impeachment proceedings were a waste of time, and now we have Obamagate and the fact that the COVID-19 lockdowns have thrown everyone off-track.

Here's the thing, there's a reason why the neoliberal corporate elites have tripled down on all this woke shit despite it blowing up in their faces, and I've said it many times before.

They think 2016 was a fluke, or at least they want it to become one after the fact.

The SJW Left keeps getting backed by the neoliberal establishment because they don't want 2016 to happen again. The Project Veritas leaks in 2019 proved this, at least on Google's part.

This is why they're quadrupling down on all the woke shit and the extreme "with us or against us" rhetoric. They don't want a second term of Trump, and will do anything to make sure even a dud like Biden wins.

Trump winning 2020 is the kick in the balls that makes them realize that it was all in vain, and then they will do what they can to recoup all the money they wasted and lost. With COVID-19 and the economy tanking, this is even more of an issue in the event of a second term of Trump.

Coronavirus is a true black swan event. Nobody saw it coming back when were making our predictions last year, and as I've stated many times over, I think it's going to kill woke culture in the long term, especially if Trump wins.

If Trump wins again in 2020 and the SJW's die out in the mainstream like the Religious Right did when Bush left office, the question is "What's next?"

Really, I think we'll eventually see the right-wingers become the new moral authoritarians in due time, just like we did with the lefties. The left back in the 2000's seemed to be the fun cool ones while the right was seen as the party of fundies and neocons that any reasonable person disliked at least to a certain degree, even if they didn't express it.

Then in the early 2010's, it all fell apart and you saw divisions in the ranks.

I'd say the first real warning signs of "Current Year" and woke culture were the online slapfights involving Atheism+ and far more importantly, the entirety of Occupy Wall Street back in 2011.

Once Bush left office, there was no common enemy for the leftists and liberals in America, and then Obama's presidency made everything worse. He mostly continued the worst of Bush-era policies and the media fawned over him anyway.

I think we'll see a similar thing if Trump wins in 2020, it'll have a similar effect for this culture war nonsense as Bush leaving office did for the previous round of the culture wars.

The neoliberals will no longer see the SJW Left as useful, and will readjust their strategy while the "Right" (anyone who's not woke) will fall into infighting and a new form of moral guardians pop up.

At first, I figured the new right-wing moral guardians would probably be either lolbergs or some unironic version of "America Fuck Yeah!" rhetoric since the Religious Right had shat the bed too hard, but now I think that might not be the case.

The Religious Right did shit the bed way too hard, but they were almost entirely trad Protestants and usually Evangelical to boot. Instead, I think a resurgent Religious Right will be Catholic or at least some affectation thereof.

For all their flaws, the Catholics aren't quite as tainted as the Evangelicals and Protestants in the minds of the post-Boomer generations, and traditionalist Catholics were largely absent from the Satanic Panic of the 80's and 90's or the Bush-era hysteria after 9/11.

We already can see some early warning signs with the "traditionalists" online. Nick Fuentes and Vox Day are some of the more egregious and cringe-inducing examples, but then you've got the other traditionalists like The Distributist, who is actually somewhat well-read in comparison to lolcows like Fuentes and Sargon or the average BreadTuber.

I think we may see a new Religious Right start to coalesce in the early 2020's, one that is very different from the old one of the Reagan and Bush years, and I would not be surprised if they start becoming extremely vocal in the late 2020's or 2030's when the later part of Gen Z and the Alpha Generation are entering adulthood.
I sincerely hope we don't get a new religious right after the socjus faggots are gone/irrelevant. The first one was annoying enough already, and while I have no problem yelling at the christfags on 4chan, there are decent, likeable people on here that I don't want to be needlessly rude to just because of their religious faith.

Oglooger

God isn't dead!BUT I'LL GET THAT BASTARD SOME DAY!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can see this happen. we might see the new 20-30 somethings moral crusading against anything that's not cringe and trad and might be retarded enough to fall for schemes by mass corporations that will pretend to be on their side and pander to them.
A lot of these new Trad-Soldats will most likely react against the modern broken families and nihilistic millenial humor that defined the past 30 years.
1589952087567.png

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
I predict that the 2020's will be the decline of political correctness with the latter half of the decade, the next decade (and hopefully the 2 or 3 decades after that were things are relatively calm (either moderate left, center, or moderate right) before the political pendulum swings back to the right and the game starts all over again.

Stuck in Corners

Yonkers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
COVID-19 will bring about massive changes and in how we go about living for the rest of the upcoming years in the same fashion that 9/11 brought about the Patriot act. We're already seeing the effects already with businesses losing money overnight and going out of business, food shortages, an economy that is probably on the verge of a collapse, #newnormal propaganda and China. I expect a lot of social and especially financial hardships down the road.

On the pop culture side of things, this is bringing the cumulative death of the metoo movement. The movement is reaching it's endpoint with Weinstein going to jail along with them disrespecting Kobe Bryant's death serving as red flags. Joe Bidens situation with Tara Reade will probably be the nail in the coffin with it all because at the end of the day, they always eat after their own.

With a Trump re-election the SJW fad will either go two ways. Either 1). They triple down on their outrage and go out in a blaze of glory or 2). Go underground and accept the fact that 2016 wasn't no joke. If he doesn't get re-elected, they're still gonna have a hard time grabbing attention due to individual financial difficulty along with the companies that pander to them losing money due to the virus. Also keep into mind with their video game blunders like TLOS 2 leaks and Sony damage control crusade, people are starting to wake up and take note of how vapid most of them are.

My feelings are still mixed though. For every negative there's always a positive I guess.

Tags
None