Will the 2020s be better?

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Will the 2020s be a better decade than the 2010s?

• Total voters

Basil II

A BOMB.
kiwifarms.net
Judging by how 2019 is, Sorry to break it to you but it's gonna get a lot worse.

Here's a Play-by-play of what's to Possibly come in the 2020s:
-Whining Brats Will try their damnest to get their way, and i'm not talking Politics.
-More Tumblrinas Controlling our Media
-Somewhere is gonna get Flint, Michigan'd and [Insert President Here] Can't do Jack about it, no matter what side.
- [Insert Beloved Celebrity Here] Dies of some sort of Disease.
- GSN will Continue to Rerun Steve Harvey Family Feud into Oblivion
- We will all be living in Giant Bubbles because of some weirdo who couldn't respect personal space and caused danger.
- A Major Automaker will go Bust.
- Minimalism Takes Over to the point where it's just black text on a white screen, No Product Detail just a Company Name, 30 Seconds and Done.
- Y2K Culture will be Back in Style because everyone is tired of Minimalism (Finally something Positive for once.)
- Fools will try to Raid the White House, Get Arrested and Lulz Ensue.

Sadly, Humanity is doomed and all we can do about it is sit in our homes and shun the real world.
My nigga you were a prophet.

Aidan

kiwifarms.net
I am generally pessimistic but I'm hoping that the pendulum of public opinion swings the other way as people get tired of this lunacy. I imagine Corona is going to impact the entire decade economically but it may have a silver lining in easy anti-china sentiment which is long overdue.
Truthfully, more "I want off this ride" as the ride continues is what I'm prepared for. I feel like everything is just falling apart and dark times are ahead.

[Redacted]-san

Hovering about
kiwifarms.net
I would say no as well, but hopefully when November and December passes, things will be ok. But I'm even doubting that as well.

I also hope the woke left fucking dies off as well, because they do nothing but say awful shit and cause more unnecessary conflict with everyone who doesn't 100% agree with them. I wouldn't be shocked of Trump wins as well tbh with you guys.

Last edited:

FuckedUp

Done with this autism chamber
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am generally pessimistic but I'm hoping that the pendulum of public opinion swings the other way as people get tired of this lunacy. I imagine Corona is going to impact the entire decade economically but it may have a silver lining in easy anti-china sentiment which is long overdue.
Truthfully, more "I want off this ride" as the ride continues is what I'm prepared for. I feel like everything is just falling apart and dark times are ahead.
If there's going to be backlash, it's probably going to be violent as fuck. Not "peaceful protests" but like breaking news that a major politician got assassinated or some disaffected individual painted the walls of a government building. Though judging by the past three months, it's probably going to happen but the perpetrators will be the same #StayHomeSaveLives #ACAB ANTIFA ancoms who are the biggest proponents of all the current year bullshit, and the dead will be pro-2A, anti-"new normal" republicans. *sigh*

Aidan

kiwifarms.net
If there's going to be backlash, it's probably going to be violent as fuck. Not "peaceful protests" but like breaking news that a major politician got assassinated or some disaffected individual painted the walls of a government building. Though judging by the past three months, it's probably going to happen but the perpetrators will be the same #StayHomeSaveLives #ACAB ANTIFA ancoms who are the biggest proponents of all the current year bullshit, and the dead will be pro-2A, anti-"new normal" republicans. *sigh*
I think whichever side starts the killing it really just opens the gates for the other side to attempt the same.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel like everything is just falling apart and dark times are ahead.

I really do fear that the best days are behind us and the future is simply going to be a struggle.

I guess I should be thankful that I at least got to see the world when it was better, most of my cousins have young kids now and they may never know a world that wasn't shitty, that's a very sobering thought, for me I'll at least always have my memories of better days, but that will be more than future generations will have.

I honestly did not expect 2020 to be the walking disaster that it's turned out to be, I knew woke would continue, I knew the election was going to be a bitter fight, but I did not see such purely destructive things like the virus coming.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
I would say no as well, but hopefully when November and December passes, things will be ok. But I'm even doubting that as well.

I also hope the woke left fucking dies off as well, because they do nothing but say awful shit and cause more unnecessary conflict with everyone who doesn't 100% agree with them. I wouldn't be shocked of Trump wins as well tbh with you guys.
I mean we still have the election to get through, and that'll definitely be a major turning point in both American and world culture depending on who wins it. If Trump wins, it'll likely just be more of the same, but intensified. If Biden wins, who knows.

Of course, if you're willing to believe evangelist crackpots like Paul Begley or the idiots on social media, we won't even survive the year, much less the next one due to cosmic shit, COVID or the rapture. But at this point, I'm just under the assumption that with 2020 being a shit year, they're just trying to capitalize on it by claiming it as the "End Times" as "foretold" by the Bible, but you never know.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
I mean we still have the election to get through, and that'll definitely be a major turning point in both American and world culture depending on who wins it. If Trump wins, it'll likely just be more of the same, but intensified. If Biden wins, who knows.

Of course, if you're willing to believe evangelist crackpots like Paul Begley or the idiots on social media, we won't even survive the year, much less the next one due to cosmic shit, COVID or the rapture. But at this point, I'm just under the assumption that with 2020 being a shit year, they're just trying to capitalize on it by claiming it as the "End Times" as "foretold" by the Bible, but you never know.
Those idiots never seem to remember the verse about "No man knows the day or the hour of His coming" yet they sure spend a lot of time trying to anyway because that's what grabs attention.

Just one of the countless examples.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Those idiots never seem to remember the verse about "No man knows the day or the hour of His coming" yet they sure spend a lot of time trying to anyway because that's what grabs attention.

Just one of the countless examples.
It's not even that it's the rapture, 9 times out of 10 I've seen them claim either the aleums, space rocks or the sun will be what do us in if it isn't the "predictions from the bible" or China.

Syaoran Li

Manager of the Goth IHOP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't believe the rapture will happen, because it's impossible to know that, and I'm not even a Christian.

Hell, the Rapture isn't even really supported by the Bible aside from a very specific interpretation of some passages in Thessalonians. It's only really found in Evangelical Protestant sects and even there it's controversial or at least isn't fully part and parcel of their theology and some pastors in the same denomination or even within the same congregation will disagree on whether or not the rapture is a thing.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Hell, the Rapture isn't even really supported by the Bible aside from a very specific interpretation of some passages in Thessalonians. It's only really found in Evangelical Protestant sects and even there it's controversial or at least isn't fully part and parcel of their theology and some pastors in the same denomination or even within the same congregation will disagree on whether or not the rapture is a thing.
It's almost as if Evangelists use the Rapture and "End TImes" as an excuse to line their coffers with money. Hell that Begley guy I mentioned is apparently making a fucking app for this shit. You can't make this shit up.

Paranoia Machine

Where am I?
kiwifarms.net
I don't see things getting much better.
I don't think that we are in the end of days, but I do believe this level of awfulness may just be the new norm.
Politically, socially, and environmentally, we are long overdue for a shitshow.

Politically- this is probably the most divided the major powers have been in a while, in the US homefront we are dealing with derangement, gaslighting, and deception from both sides

Socially- the gap between the lower and upper classes is getting wider with the middle class slowly but surely disappearing. Racial tension is ready to explode at any moment and literally anything can trigger it.

Environmentally- more and more ice shelves in Canada and Alaska are falling into the ocean while the north and south pole melt due to global warming. The repeated heat waves and hurricanes will most likely be followed by intense winters because global warming is a misnomer.

God forbid Covid causes a gigantic economic and social shift we may just enter that recession everyone says we were heading into and ride it all the way into a depression.

I have immensely low hopes; however Stephen Hawking said that within thr next 10-15 years extraterrestrials would make global contact with us. That'd be rad. Then again, stupid slut didn't even know how to walk no more; so what does he know??

The Bovinian Derivative

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We are so unbelievably and irrevocably fucked it's not even funny any more.

Slowly rising global temperature ("but it's natural, not man made!" does not change the fact that it'll fuck up the ecosystem) and that there are institutions hijacking the issue trying to fuck over other corporations and countries with this.

The same companies that push progressive and positive social messages are the ones that are employing child workers in sweatshops. Apple had to install suicide nets around one it's Chinese factories. I am not a burger so how the hell's lobbying legal is beyond me. People bitch about politics and what laws get passed when it's perfectly legal for someone to walk up to a senator, give him a few million dollars and say to him how to vote. Microsoft lobbied against the IRS and won.

Social issues where everyone is equal and we all hold hands to sing kumbaya, but fuck whitey and when we replace/alter their canon we'll shit on them further by saying they have no culture, but at least while we treat everyone as a victim we can feel better about ourselves on how progressive we are.

We, as in everyone, are well aware that the government is listening to our every message and everyone who makes a billion a year fucks 12 year olds but no one cares, and who can blame us? Epstein was murdered in a fashion that would be too loony in a comedy and yet here we are.

The so called "great cultural revolution" of the '00s was fucking up a park in a month or two, say what you want about BLM/Antifa they don't sit around singing country songs.

Return of the Freaker

Based Clarence 2A rights to enforce Handmaidens
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think whichever side starts the killing it really just opens the gates for the other side to attempt the same.
That's typically how that works.

The observation has been made many times by @Syaoran Li and others, but expecting 2020 to be a big obvious turning point, even before covid, isn't how stuff tends to work.

1990 was still very 80s. Rock still dominated music in the form of Hair Metal, which had devolved into a gloopy mess of cheesy power ballads. Pop music was full of highly polished synth cheese and Rap was just barely mainstream and not too edgy. Popular fashion was still fairly big hair and mullets and lots of day glo and neon.

Politically the Warsaw Pact and COMECON were dissolving and Germany had reunified, but to many it seemed that the USSR had just stumbled and could survive and somehow transform itself. All nuclear powers except the USSR, South Africa, and Israel were still carrying out routine nuclear tests. South Africa was actually in the process of disarming. At home, there was a recession and HW Bush was mostly continuing Reagan's policies (as far as the public could see). We had the Gulf War, but that lasted about a year with broad international support and cooperation. There was some funny stuff happening in Yugoslavia, but that would probably be nothing.

Fast forward to 1993. The USSR had completely collapsed 2 years earlier and now tanks were in the streets of Moscow amidst a constitutional crisis and mass protests over total economic collapse. Britain and the US had ceased nuclear testing, with France and China continuing another 3 years. Yugoslavia was an utter nightmare of ethnic cleansing by everyone but Slovenes and (North) Macedonians. NATO would be involved for the entire decade. South Africa was about to have universal elections after ending Apartheid and granting Namibia indepenence. Bill Clinton was president and seemed at the time to be doing a good job and overseeing a rise in prosperity. Unless you paid attention to those crazy militia nutjobs. Next they'll say he's selling military tech to China! Oh and ignore all that polluting industry closing, we can totally make it as a Service Economy™!

Music had shifted to Grunge and Gangsta Rap, with denim and flannel replacing day glo. There's plenty more I could talk about. The point is, there was a 2-3 year transition between 1990 still feeling "80s" and 1993 being unquestionably "90s". Things are still going to be "2010s" for a few more years. The 2020s could very well still suck, but we're still at the start of the transition

Edit: Hey remember how in the 70s there were constant bombings, shootings, and bank robberies in the US by left wing terrorists? How the Weather Underground had morphed into the Prairie Fire Organizing Committee and was planning actual Communist revolution with mass killings, only to be torn apart by proto-intersectionality? How NYC and other major cities were spiralling into dirty, crime ridden hellholes with seemingly no future? We've been in worse places. We just didn't have smartphones and social media. And spoilers, the MSM wasn't too different from today. They just weren't full of mental children and could keep the mask on.

Last edited: