Will the 2020s be better? -

Will the 2020s be a better decade than the 2010s?

• Total voters

Smug Chuckler

Youtube Intellectual
kiwifarms.net
1920 was a time of massive race rioting, communist unrest, and terrible factory working conditions.
Race rioting had been a thing since the end of the civil war that lasted until the 1960s, communist autism has been happening ever since Marx opened his dumb mouth and most of the mines and factories have been moved to shitty third world countries where people don't have rights. Sure almost nobody would want to live in the 1920s because they can't survive w/o their netflix and bing bing wahoo but people in 1910s and 1930s would fucking do since they were shitty decades compared to the 20s.

Piga Dgrifm

Pita Griffin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like we're off to a good start on history repeating by how you started that.
There was also a big pandemic in the 1920s, and we do have similar things today to terrible factory working conditions with stuff like those awful Amazon warehouses and Chinese manufacturing plants if you want to count those.

Seems like the simulation may be glitching out and spinning a loop. I hope our reptilian overlords reboot it or something before it gets worse.

Paranoia Machine

Paranoid Android
kiwifarms.net
I know it's not necessarily on topic or even anything new; but I find myself becoming more and more misanthropic with every day that passes.
Have you ever stopped and realized just how fucked up humanity is? Our depravity deepens with our advancement and its disgusting. We have infinite amounts of knowledge at our fingertips at all times with computers and there are still people that torture cats and upload videos of it, our social elite preying on children solely because society tells them not to, people killing themselves on live media just to spread their misery to anyone that will watch, megacorporations spilling into our governing bodies through lobbying, and media that would rather spin a story for ratings or political gain than telling us what we need to know.
We ignore the less fortunate and take it all for granted.

Humanity has a way of ruining everything. We are capable of so much good, but with every good thing we achieve we sink deeper into depravity.
We can put a man on the moon, but we can't stop him from jacking off to cats being crushed alive.

We deserve 2020 and far more.

Pointless Pedant

Dancing the electric paegan love song
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Race rioting had been a thing since the end of the civil war that lasted until the 1960s, communist autism has been happening ever since Marx opened his dumb mouth and most of the mines and factories have been moved to shitty third world countries where people don't have rights. Sure almost nobody would want to live in the 1920s because they can't survive w/o their netflix and bing bing wahoo but people in 1910s and 1930s would fucking do since they were shitty decades compared to the 20s.
More like can't survive without modern cancer treatment and clean water, but sure.

-4ZURE-

Kill Every Last One of Them!
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to be optimistic about this, but I've only seen things get worse. I've seen sane, normal people go from regular lib to full SJW in a matter of minutes after May 30, 2020, and people are just getting crazier. I've seen otherwise rational and tolerant people unironically advocate for black-on-white violence, and I've seen regular law abiding people on Facebook become anarchists and make posts about rioting and looting. I've seen Boomer Democrats liking and sharing tweets from blue-city/blue-state mayors/governors defending the violence and bashing Trump for wanting to establish law & order. In 2010, I could never even so much as dreamed of seeing ordinary Americans being OK with seeing cities burn and people being randomly attacked, and Democratically-elected politicians condoning it.

As much as I don't want a civil war, I fear things may actually get hot after the 2020 election.
A little late, but I agree. It took a month or two, but the riots seem like they have infected people and made them more off the wall with liberal ideologies than previously. Hopefully it is just a trend/ unthought-about reaction, but it is getting concerning for sure.

I see this as a "As long as I'm not personally affected, then I support it/it doesn't affect me!" situation. For as long as the people defending the riots and violence aren't being attacked either emotionally or physically by the rioters, then they'll support the literal extermination of Whitey and his Chink brethren full stop. Once they themselves are either violently beaten up (or left for dead), or their home or business gets destroyed, then they start to turn on the people who caused it. Which does beg the question as to why the rioters haven't attacked a politician's home or mayoral building yet if they're so against law and order. I would love to see a politician who supports the riots eat their words if their homes or offices were wrecked or their families threatened. Bonus points if a rioter decides to try and take the life of the politician too.
I think Memeology pointed out that many of these BLM supporting whites will then change on Twitter when affected by them. One went as far as to advocate for gun rights. People are just scared/confused. It does not help that the media is championing them as heroes, so many see it that way.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I find myself becoming more and more misanthropic with every day that passes.
It has been kind of hard for me not to be misanthropic too. Especially in the dumpster fire that is 2020 so far. Earth is a dark, broken, ugly hell because people are so easily led by evil.

But as said, hopefully this dark world won't always be so dark.

Last edited:

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
My benchmark for the outlook of this decade will lie on both the election (obviously), and next spring's tax season. That will be the penultimate deciding point on if we're doomed to be trapped in "new normal" clown world forever. If it doesn't stop, or show serious signs of stopping by then, we are fucked, no ifs ands or butts about it.

Erischan

chaos goddess
kiwifarms.net
It has been kind of hard for me not to be misanthropic too. Especially in the dumpster fire that is 2020 so far. Earth is a dark, broken, ugly hell because people are so easily led by evil.
People are free. The world is not inherently evil, it is as evil as we choose to make it. There is no system of control keeping us from going too far in one direction. We are God's ant farm: he gave us free will and then watches what we do with it.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If it doesn't stop, or show serious signs of stopping by then, we are fucked, no ifs ands or butts about it.
Reminds me of what I posted in the coronavirus megathread:
Imagine if this "New Normal" never ends and the kids who grow up in it, not knowing of the "old normal" of the world before. They may ask questions like "why aren't people wearing masks in that old photo?", or "why are they standing so close?" - what a hell.

I really hope those who say the "old normal" is "conveniently" coming back after the 2020 election are right. That all this "temporary" - like "temporarily closed" - really is temporary.

Otherwise one could say that 2020 really was one of the worst years ever because of the insane changes this hell forced on us.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
My benchmark for the outlook of this decade will lie on both the election (obviously), and next spring's tax season. That will be the penultimate deciding point on if we're doomed to be trapped in "new normal" clown world forever. If it doesn't stop, or show serious signs of stopping by then, we are fucked, no ifs ands or butts about it.
of course, if you're willing to believe the conspiritards on YouTube, the UK tabloids and Reddit (though why would you?), the space rocks will do us in long before we even get to the election, let alone 2021.

Kiwi FBI Liason

2020 lol
kiwifarms.net
Been thinking about this more, but does anyone else foresee a movement backwards for technology?

When I say this, I am not speaking about stuff like PS6 having PS3 graphics, rather that most online and luxury products will kinda die out. For some reason I see the Streaming bubble bursting and us all going back to DVDs, Movie theaters, and maybe even tv. I think concerns over data collection will drive issues in huge tech companies like FaceBook, minimizing the user base. I can also see streaming having issues with media preservation and ownership rights as Disney is already getting flak for pricing Mulan at $30 when you cannot even own it.

Also, I kinda feel like a purge on devices like Alexa is going to be a thing. Thoughts?
No?

Seriously, what possible catalyst do you imagine for people suddenly ditching streaming and saying "You know what I miss? Blockbuster"

• Dumb
Reactions: Syaoran Li

FuckedUp

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, the p(l)andemic and race riots seem to be this:
current year end 2023.png

I predicted everyone's everyday lives would be massively disrupted by an out-of-control Current Year sometime around then, which would cause said backlash. In hindsight, so far it's going exactly as I thought. I just wanted to be done with college before all this shit went down.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

Goth Mom Resurrection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No?

Seriously, what possible catalyst do you imagine for people suddenly ditching streaming and saying "You know what I miss? Blockbuster"
Nobody ever said they'd bring back video stores but I can definitely see a resurgence in physical media since DVD and Blu-Ray never really went away and unlike CD, most new titles do get a disc release.

Streaming's biggest problems are the over-proliferation of exclusive services, rampant corporate censorship, and certain titles being either impossible to find on streaming or difficult to obtain when you compare streaming from the early 2010's to the late 2010's. What was supposed to be the thing to replace cable is now quickly becoming Cable 2.0 with all the negativity that entails and while video stores aren't coming back outside of a few specific locations that are more or less the equivalent of heritage railways, pioneer villages, and 50's diners, DVD and Blu-Ray itself never went away fully.

At this point, it's starting to become cheaper to go to physical media than try to get every single streaming service. The failure of the Mulan remake, which was supposed to be the big event that would serve as the landmark moment where streaming fully supplanted physical media and the big theatrical releases, is another thing that gives me hope.

I don't think streaming will ever go away fully but I also don't think it will fully supplant physical media the same way digital music replaced CD's.

• Winner
Reactions: Michael Jacks0n
Tags
None