Will the 2020s be better?

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Will the 2020s be a better decade than the 2010s?

• Total voters

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Things evolve, they don't magically change because the 10s dial on the date counter moves one position.

Well put. Some things will improve, others get worse. To a large extent, what gets better and what gets worse depends on your situation in life.

One thing I see happening during the 2020's - a "regulating" election in 2024. People will want change after eight years of President Trump. Right now have no idea whatsoever who the candidates might be. If the Dems can find a candidate who isn't batshit crazy and espouses positions most people can live with - maybe Tulsi Gabbard, the Surf Mommy - that candidate should win. The GOP will need to run someone who will continue to put America and Americans first, in the vein of Trump. They can and should have their own positions, though.

Something else I see during the 2020's - major problems in China and maybe Russia. Long as Putin is still alive Russia will continue to muddle through. Keep an eye on what's happening in Hong Kong. Xi and the CCP are scared shitless over these demonstrations. They have no good choices, just bad for them and truly fucked. Acceding to all the demonstrators' demands will encourage people in "mainland" China to press for more political freedom - and the CCP has plenty on its' hands right now just keeping the lid on popular unhappiness. Going Tienanmen in Hong Kong will have political and economic repercussions. Can see economic boycotts of China, as well as ambassadors being recalled. When you add a likely recession during this decade, I can easily see debt and credit bubbles bursting, and unemployment skyrocketing due to reduced demand for exports.

Jesus...if I make it to 2030 will be 75 years old. Holy fucking shit! Well, hope KF will still be around.

I just don't want to be old.

While we must acknowledge the passage of time, we need never acknowledge growing old. That's my attitude.

D

DK 699

kiwifarms.net
The thing about SJW ideology in its current form is that it's actively hostile to new leaders (the ideology having reached the point in its cycle where the figureheads start to fight each other for control) and that, well, even if you assume it's completely terminal and that the entire leadership can rail on and on and on until the end of their natural lives... they aren't immortal, and most engage in life-shortening practices. And ideologies like this die from the top down at speed: without leaders, the mob will just gravitate to the next mob ideology.
I apologize if I sound rude, but please elaborate. You speak as though these people have a chain of command. I don't really see any sort of 'infighting for control'. The way I see it there are a bunch of fags who are whining about a lot of different and getting a lot of different people to capitulate to them.

KimCoppolaAficionado

The most underrated actor of the 21st century
kiwifarms.net
I apologize if I sound rude, but please elaborate. You speak as though these people have a chain of command. I don't really see any sort of 'infighting for control'. The way I see it there are a bunch of fags who are whining about a lot of different and getting a lot of different people to capitulate to them.
Brianna Wu. Anita Sarkeesian. Talcum X. That shitty anarchist with the 20 foot neck. These people are essentially "thought leaders"; they generate the concepts of hard-progressivism which subsequently spread through the social networks. They aren't giving marching orders, but they essentially function like the "pilot fish" of a school. They move, and the school follows. They start dying, losing credibility among their base, or falling out of the public eye, and the school scatters. OWS, the Red Scare, and the Satanic Panic, among others, followed the same essential pattern. Since, as you point out, hard-progressivism lacks any formal infrastructure, it cannot survive once the leaders die. Unless you want to claim that hard-progressivism is some kind of insidious virus that fundamentally transforms human behavior in ways never seen before.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Best Case Scenario

PC Culture either dies or begins the process of death

The Democratic Party gets its shit together

Pop culture begins rejecting socjus nonsense

Big Tech gets what's coming to it

Kiwi Farms continues to exist

The US regains its prominance

Europe uncucks itself

Russia and China go into a recession

Disney gets taken down a peg

Hong Kong becomes a sovereign city state

I get rich

Worst Case Scenario

Political correctness ruins everything\

Second Civil War/WW3

US enters great recession

AOC becomes president in 2024

Russia and China coinjtinue to expand in influence

Big Tech chips away and individual rights

Europe completely collapses

Disney grows to the point where it controls third world countries and parts of the US and Europe

Kiwi Farms is shut down

Syaoran Li

Hail to the King
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Just like @Senior Lexmechanic pointed out, the SJW movement may not have a formal chain of command, but they do have their prominent figures like Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian, Brianna Wu, ANTIFA, Tim Wise, Black Lives Matter, Jessica Price, and in a far more important capacity, the clickbait mills (VICE, Buzzfeed, Vox, Huffington Post, Salon, etc.) and The Squad (AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley)

But here's the thing, even if they don't suffer a traditional downfall like death or imprisonment, most of them are poised for a major downfall within the next decade or so, barring the possible exceptions of Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley.

Brianna Wu is essentially a non-entity at this point. In 2019, she's more relevant on Kiwi Farms than she is in gaming journalism or the SJW Left as a whole.

ANTIFA is becoming increasingly hated by the public as a whole following the beating of Andy Ngo, and despite the best efforts of left-wing journalists to demonize him as a "far-right agitator" who supports white supremacy, it's a rather hard sell to the normies considering the fact that Ngo is a moderately conservative and openly gay minority who's to the left of normie-tier Fox News conservatives like Ben Shapiro and Mark Levin.

The clickbait mills are all in financial dire straits and are only being kept afloat by actually wealthy big-shots investing venture capital into them to no avail. You can only waste George Soros and Jeff Bezos's money before they stop signing your checks.

Zoe Quinn is an utter shitheel who has burned up most of the goodwill she gained during the GG controversy, and as she managed to score the first confirmed kill for SJW cancel culture, people are getting increasingly pissed, especially as her legions of dangerhair and soyboy stans keep supporting her and outright celebrating Alec Holowa's death in many cases.

Jessica Price and Anita Sarkeesian are losing a lot of the power they once had in the gaming industry despite all those woke Millennials supporting them on social media.

In 2018, Anita Sarkeesian was the main guest of honor at GenCon despite having no relevance in tabletop gaming at all whatsoever and any criticism of her was silenced, even if you agreed with some of her views but didn't like her tactics or shitty behavior.

Less than a year later, she's on the verge of bankruptcy and her crowdfunding efforts have largely been in vain. Despite her attempts to extort CD Projekt Red over David Hill and a few other butthurt troons whining about some background image in Cyberpunk 2077, she was told to fuck off and nobody really came to her aid in either the media or in the AAA gaming industry.

In 2017, that would have been unthinkable. Of course, Anita was a consultant on some of the largest flops in video game history in the past few years, including Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem. Hell, if it turns out she was a consultant for Fallout 76, she'd be able to shout "Bingo!"

Jessica Price is also being seen as increasingly toxic by the gaming industry and is becoming the subject of at least a few industry blacklists, with more likely on the way.

People have been turning on David Hill more and more despite his attempts to LARP as a trans woman, but to be fair, he wasn't all that relevant to begin with, especially after Onyx Path and RPG.net had to give him the boot just to cover their own asses.

The only real issue is the fuckers at Google and the Millennial dangerhairs and soylent hipster employees they keep hiring. As it is, the DOJ was in the process of a massive anti-trust investigation even before the Project Veritas leaks and now they've got a bigger target on their heads in the wake of Project Veritas and the YouTube censorship controversies.

As it is, most of the neoliberal corporate big shots are following the woke trend because they believe that the very loud vocal minority of the SJW Left is indicative of the wider population. Once they lose enough money or get fucked over by FTC/DOJ investigations, they'll cut the line to save face and preserve their profits.

Look at the Religious Right and the Satanic Panic. The movement imploded after enough Evangelical fundie leaders got caught blowing dudes in truck stop men's rooms and more people got fucked over by fundie hysteria (see McMartin Preschool, West Memphis Three, Mike Diana, the grotesque mockery of justice that was the Lilellid Murder trials) to say nothing of other discrediting moments such as Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell's comments made in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 or the entire existence of Westboro Baptist Church, to say nothing of the late Jack T. Chick, AKA the OG lolcow of the Web 1.0 days.

A lot of the worst offenders in the Religious Right didn't die (Jack Chick, Fred Phelps, Jerry Falwell) until long after they lost any credibility and the Religious Right was already either dying or already dead and irrelevant, while the ones who are still alive such as Pat Robertson or Kent Hovind have been discredited and lost any influence they once had a long time ago.

The same fate will eventually befall the SJW Left at some point, at least in America.

Europe and Australia are still way too royally fucked beyond any chance of recovery though. Not sure about Canada.

Last edited:

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
no. why would they?

as long as the people who are actively working towards making things worse are allowed to keep going, things will keep getting worse. this will not magically stop or end on its own.

The GWB era was looked back on fondly during the end of the Obama era
People are looking back favorably on the Obama era now
the 2020s will be people wishing we could go back to peak trump

UnclePhil

Concern dismissals all around.
kiwifarms.net
Literal answer? No. Because my parents are nearing retirement age. My relatives are getting elderly. I'll be turning 40 myself in 2024. By the end of the '20s pretty much everyone will be dead or close to it, and that will include a lot more of my graduating class. They dropped like flies in the '10s, of heart attacks, car crashes, and drug overdoses. Every day will be about expecting That Call.

And on top of that, the political situation and the oceans heating up.

So what can I do? Nothing, except savor every moment, including the frustrating ones. Act as if I still have my whole life ahead of me, like when I was 15. The '20s are going to be rough. They are going to suck.

Pitere pit

Has man gone insane?
kiwifarms.net
Which country are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I'm guessing Romania; maybe Hungary or Czechia.
I think that you might be underestimating the will power of the leftist outrage media. Times are good now and they aren't really making much money, but they still do it. I think that it's a combination of being true believers and not having any other marketable skills. I also think that many of them will have wealthy families that will back them up when hipster welfare (Patreon and ad revenue) dries up.
I'm from Spain. Perharps I'm underestimating leftist outrage, I'm also talking from my experiences. After 2008 Woke Outrage died, leftists were far more busy protesting the troika, against the privatization of our healthcare, the 15-m protests... Some of them were active though, that's why the 15m died, like Ocuppy Wall Street, but were mostly kinda on their own. Hardcore leftists also built a new political party. As some growth on our economy happened, somehow, wokeism grew. As the shadow of another recession is coming in, they will be kinda shut down, but I doubt it. The stage is not equal as 2008, right now we have a leftists secession movement, we have refugee issues with the Open Arms floating around the Mediterranean and intersectionality shit.

D

DK 699

kiwifarms.net
Just like @Senior Lexmechanic pointed out, the SJW movement may not have a formal chain of command, but they do have their prominent figures like Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian, Brianna Wu, ANTIFA, Tim Wise, Black Lives Matter, Jessica Price, and in a far more important capacity, the clickbait mills (VICE, Buzzfeed, Vox, Huffington Post, Salon, etc.) and The Squad (AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley)

But here's the thing, even if they don't suffer a traditional downfall like death or imprisonment, most of them are poised for a major downfall within the next decade or so, barring the possible exceptions of Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley.

Brianna Wu is essentially a non-entity at this point. In 2019, she's more relevant on Kiwi Farms than she is in gaming journalism or the SJW Left as a whole.

ANTIFA is becoming increasingly hated by the public as a whole following the beating of Andy Ngo, and despite the best efforts of left-wing journalists to demonize him as a "far-right agitator" who supports white supremacy, it's a rather hard sell to the normies considering the fact that Ngo is a moderately conservative and openly gay minority who's to the left of normie-tier Fox News conservatives like Ben Shapiro and Mark Levin.

The clickbait mills are all in financial dire straits and are only being kept afloat by actually wealthy big-shots investing venture capital into them to no avail. You can only waste George Soros and Jeff Bezos's money before they stop signing your checks.

Zoe Quinn is an utter shitheel who has burned up most of the goodwill she gained during the GG controversy, and as she managed to score the first confirmed kill for SJW cancel culture, people are getting increasingly pissed, especially as her legions of dangerhair and soyboy stans keep supporting her and outright celebrating Alec Holowa's death in many cases.

Jessica Price and Anita Sarkeesian are losing a lot of the power they once had in the gaming industry despite all those woke Millennials supporting them on social media.

In 2018, Anita Sarkeesian was the main guest of honor at GenCon despite having no relevance in tabletop gaming at all whatsoever and any criticism of her was silenced, even if you agreed with some of her views but didn't like her tactics or shitty behavior.

Less than a year later, she's on the verge of bankruptcy and her crowdfunding efforts have largely been in vain. Despite her attempts to extort CD Projekt Red over David Hill and a few other butthurt troons whining about some background image in Cyberpunk 2077, she was told to fuck off and nobody really came to her aid in either the media or in the AAA gaming industry.

In 2017, that would have been unthinkable. Of course, Anita was a consultant on some of the largest flops in video game history in the past few years, including Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem. Hell, if it turns out she was a consultant for Fallout 76, she'd be able to shout "Bingo!"

Jessica Price is also being seen as increasingly toxic by the gaming industry and is becoming the subject of at least a few industry blacklists, with more likely on the way.

People have been turning on David Hill more and more despite his attempts to LARP as a trans woman, but to be fair, he wasn't all that relevant to begin with, especially after Onyx Path and RPG.net had to give him the boot just to cover their own asses.

The only real issue is the fuckers at Google and the Millennial dangerhairs and soylent hipster employees they keep hiring. As it is, the DOJ was in the process of a massive anti-trust investigation even before the Project Veritas leaks and now they've got a bigger target on their heads in the wake of Project Veritas and the YouTube censorship controversies.

As it is, most of the neoliberal corporate big shots are following the woke trend because they believe that the very loud vocal minority of the SJW Left is indicative of the wider population. Once they lose enough money or get fucked over by FTC/DOJ investigations, they'll cut the line to save face and preserve their profits.

Look at the Religious Right and the Satanic Panic. The movement imploded after enough Evangelical fundie leaders got caught blowing dudes in truck stop men's rooms and more people got fucked over by fundie hysteria (see McMartin Preschool, West Memphis Three, Mike Diana, the grotesque mockery of justice that was the Lilellid Murder trials) to say nothing of other discrediting moments such as Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell's comments made in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 or the entire existence of Westboro Baptist Church, to say nothing of the late Jack T. Chick, AKA the OG lolcow of the Web 1.0 days.

A lot of the worst offenders in the Religious Right didn't die (Jack Chick, Fred Phelps, Jerry Falwell) until long after they lost any credibility and the Religious Right was already either dying or already dead and irrelevant, while the ones who are still alive such as Pat Robertson or Kent Hovind have been discredited and lost any influence they once had a long time ago.

The same fate will eventually befall the SJW Left at some point, at least in America.

Europe and Australia are still way too royally fucked beyond any chance of recovery though. Not sure about Canada.
I think that the situation is a little bit more complicated than you're making it out to be. What you first need to understand is that this 'SJW' stuff is really a lot of different things all mixed together. You got third wave feminists (Sarkeesian and Quinn), Blacks (Shaun King, BLM, and Tariq Nasheed), Troons (Wu), economic lefties (Antifa and AOC), and Muslims (Linda Sarsour and Ilhan Omar). There is some overlap between these groups and this is probably not the best or most exhaustive list, but whatever. Now, these people are all working together, because they buy into this intersectionality stuff. Basically the heart and soul of that is "Hey, if we work together we can get rid of the white man". Now, even if we 'defeat' these people, the underlying issues that create them will still be happening. New people will come up in their place. On top of that, these people have used nue-media to create their own history. Look up Sarkeesian, Quinn, or Wu up on Wikipedia. You're going to find their version of the truth. You might take issue with what's written on there, but you know who won't? Karen, the 42 year old soccer mom from Pennsylvania. Karen is going to read that and believe it. Karen isn't going to go to one of those scary nazi incel sites she heard about on the news, she's going to go to Wikipedia. As far as the history is concerned, everything that has been said by Sarkeesian, Quinn, and Wu has been correct.

Now, how is anything going to change in regards to Antifa in the coming years? There are only three groups of people when it comes to Antifa's PR: People who don't know/ don't care about them, right-wingers that hate them, and left-wingers that either love them or turn a blind eye to them. The left wing media will always say that they are people that fight against Nazis and the right wing media will always say that they are thugs. Nobody is really waking up to anything.

As for the clickbait mills you are wrong simply because you are dealing with people that have more money then they could ever spend in their entire lives. Just to put things into perceptive, Epstien had a room in one of his houses that was just dedicated to polo shirts (source: https://www.newsweek.com/epstein-lacoste-st-thomas-virgin-islands-1449931). He would wear them once and just throw them away. Soros and Bezos are richer then Epstein. If a man who is poorer than them can burn stupid amounts of money on something that makes him feel comfortable then why can't they waste money on something that (at least in theory) helps them make their ambitions come to fruition.

Then there is big tech. Any sort of fines put on them by the government mean nothing to them. They won't get broken up, because the economic consequences of that would devastating and if any politician actually became a threat to them they would just have them removed.

Finally, there is what you say about the religious right. They did not have the same influence in the media as the social justice people do today. Their media outfits were small scale. They did not have any say Hollywood or anything else that actually mattered.

Edit: It just occured to me that the opening of the first sentence of the second to last paragraph sounded really awkward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Syaoran Li

Hail to the King
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now, how is anything going to change in regards to Antifa in the coming years? There are only three groups of people when it comes to Antifa's PR: People who don't know/ don't care about them, right-wingers that hate them, and left-wingers that either love them or turn a blind eye to them. The left wing media will always say that they are people that fight against Nazis and the right wing media will always say that they are thugs. Nobody is really waking up to anything.

As for the clickbait mills you are wrong simply because you are dealing with people that have more money then they could ever spend in their entire lives. Just to put things into perceptive, Epstien had a room in one of his houses that was just dedicated to polo shirts (source: https://www.newsweek.com/epstein-lacoste-st-thomas-virgin-islands-1449931). He would wear them once and just throw them away. Soros and Bezos are richer then Epstein. If a man who is poorer than them can burn stupid amounts of money on something that makes him feel comfortable then why can't they waste money on something that (at least in theory) helps them make their ambitions come to fruition.

Finally there is big tech. Any sort of fines put on them by the government mean nothing to them. They won't get broken up, because the economic consequences of that would devastating and if any politician actually became a threat to them they would just have them removed.

Here's the thing though....

1. All ANTIFA needs to do is to score a confirmed kill and it's game over for them. At that point, the normies will turn on them and the more liberal-leaning media who turn a blind eye to ANTIFA will either turn on Antifa and memory hole their past complicity while the explicitly left-wing outlets will take major PR hits and lose support if they defend ANTIFA after that. If ANTIFA ends up killing someone, then the FBI will step in and heads will roll. It's not even like they're not trying to commit murder or that it would be past them to do such a thing, they've just gotten lucky enough that they haven't succeeded yet.

2. The clickbait mills are dying before our eyes. AT&T/HBO has dropped any support of VICE and their TV show is ending this year. So it's very likely that guys like Soros and Bezos no longer see these outlets as a thing worth investing into anymore, or are about to reach that conclusion soon. An agenda can't reach the masses if the masses aren't interested in paying any attention to it.

3. Your concerns over Big Tech are valid, but the fact that Google is being subject to a massive federal-level anti-trust investigation at all to begin with is telling, since the sole purpose of an anti-trust investigation is to explicitly break up monopolies.

And the last time such a thing happened was a lot more recently than you might think....

Bell System was a telephone company that was a monopoly for over a century before being broken up in 1984 following a similar DOJ anti-trust operation.

It was succeeded by a handful of companies including Verizon and AT&T. When Bell was taken down, it did not trigger a major economic downturn. The same could happen to Google.

4. The Religious Right had little sway over Hollywood and the MSM outlets mainly because they were actively hostile towards Hollywood and were trying to fight an open cultural war against them, as opposed to the far more insidious "guerilla warfare" approach of the Millennial Left in the culture wars.

So calm down for now, I'd say there's no need to swallow the black pill just yet...

ArnoldPalmer

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I've spent the past three decades with my eyes glued to the "progress" of technology. If the way things have been going has anything to say about how things will be, then we can effectively throw politics, religion, and social issues out the fucking window.

Strictly technologically speaking, the 2020s will be the most horrifying decade that humanity has yet to see. Thanks to some friends in high places, I was privy to the NSA's PRISM project as far back as 2005. Here I am, fourteen years later, and EVERY LAST ONE of my most pessimistic, terrible, and downright malicious predictions about the tech landscape today, have come true. Every router, modem, PC, printer, fax machine, website, app, program, and cell phone are bugged, tapped, backdoored, or outright unlocked for the world to see. Social media has baited the narcissistic plebian masses into giving away every byte of information about their life, from the most intimate secrets, to a sepia-filtered photo of their breakfast. Deep Machine Learning software can and has created a pretty fucking accurate profile of everyone who has ever used the internet, regardless of how safe the user thinks he is behind a firewall, VPN, or proxy service. Running Linux Mint in a VM inside your Windows 7 VM inside your Arch Linux machine won't save you from the fact that the NSA already knows how many veins are in your foreskin by bouncing Wifi signals off of your cockhead. We're not even talking about EZ-mode shit like IoT devices being literal wiretaps that people pay to install in their own homes like the absolute dumbfucks that laypeople are. Just the bare minimum, taken-for-granted, household necessities are being used to spy on us, 24/7/365. All of the secondary and tertiary hardware, like your Wifi-enabled toaster and Amazon Alexa only exist to close the gaps in information that are being missed. Every byte of data collected from you is worth its virtual weight in non-virtual gold. It should come as no surprise to any of you that datamining is the largest industry on the planet, at this current moment in time.

We currently live in a technological nightmare realm that proves both Orwell AND Huxley right at the same time. I'm sure they'd be nothing short of absolutely fucking horrified by the way we live our lives today. Now, imagine this technology IMPROVING. There's no way to go but up for tech, and all of this datamining, reducing everyone on the crust of the earth to a serial number and a dossier, can only get worse for us, and better for Big Tech. We're a solid five years away from actually good, functional AI. AI that doesn't just curate content, but can understand and create CONTEXT. In the 2020s, it won't be a longshot to predict that propaganda will be not just manufactured, but tailor-made to play off of the individual's values, interests, fears, vulnerabilities, and hatred. We'll have our emotions toyed with by god damned machines, on a level that directly challenges our concepts of free will and individual agency. We will be gaslit by the Master Control Program from TRON, on an existential level. We can have entire world events memory-holed out of the collective consciousness by a machine with an agenda. We will bare witness to false flag events, faked assassinations, and wars that never happened, and few, if any, would be the wiser. An entirely fabricated history in the making. This isn't some Syfy Original Movie shit, it's already begun. Deepfakes, fake news, and the propaganda industry that has grown so large since WWII, has served as the perfect testbed for what you can add, transmogrify, or subtract from extant information. We live in the prototype for what's to come.

Outside of technology, though, I'm rolling for Civil War 2. It's either going to happen within the next ten years, or we'll be merely existing in the world we used to live in. Nothing is going to get better, politically. Every single day, we're "liberated" from our freedoms, in piecemeal fashion, bit by bit, and one day, there'll be nothing left to take from us. It's not like legislative fetishism will ever go out of style for our oligarch leaders. We will be reduced to curfews and permanent martial law before you even realize it's happening. Boiling the frog hasn't failed yet.

Suffice it to say, I haven't "looked forward" for the future since I was old enough to realize how bad things are. The only pill in the bottle is black. Metal Gear Solid 2 has a more accurate outlook on the state of the coming world than anything else I've ever seen. That's fucking terrifying to me.

Last edited:

Lemmingwise

Hands off my purse
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I've spent the past three decades with my eyes glued to the "progress" of technology. If the way things have been going has anything to say about how things will be, then we can effectively throw politics, religion, and social issues out the fucking window.

Strictly technologically speaking, the 2020s will be the most horrifying decade that humanity has yet to see. Thanks to some friends in high places, I was privy to the NSA's PRISM project as far back as 2005. Here I am, fourteen years later, and EVERY LAST ONE of my most pessimistic, horrifying, and downright malicious predictions about the tech landscape today have come true. Every router, modem, PC, printer, fax machine, website, app, program, and cell phone are bugged, tapped, backdoored, or outright unlocked for the world to see. Social media has baited the narcissistic plebian masses into giving away every byte of information about their life, from the most intimate secrets, to a sepia-filtered photo of their breakfast. Deep Machine Learning software can and has created a pretty fucking accurate profile of everyone who has ever used the internet, regardless of how safe the user thinks he is behind a firewall, VPN, or proxy service. Running Linux Mint in a VM inside your Windows 7 VM inside your Arch Linux machine won't save you from the fact that the NSA already knows how many veins are in your foreskin by bouncing Wifi signals off of your cockhead. We're not even talking about EZ-mode shit like IoT devices being literal wiretaps that people pay to install in their own homes like the absolute dumbfucks that laypeople are. Just the bare minimum, taken-for-granted, household necessities are being used to spy on us, 24/7/365. All of the secondary and tertiary hardware, like your Wifi-enabled toaster and Amazon Alexa only exist to close the gaps in information that are being missed. Every byte of data collected from you is worth its virtual weight in non-virtual gold. It should come as no surprise to any of you that datamining is the largest industry on the planet, at this current moment in time.

We currently live in a technological nightmare realm that proves both Orwell AND Huxley right at the same time. I'm sure they'd be nothing short of absolutely fucking horrified by the way we live our lives today. Now, imagine this technology IMPROVING. There's no way to go but up for tech, and all of this datamining, reducing everyone on the crust of the earth to a serial number and a dossier, can only get worse for us, and better for Big Tech.

Outside of technology, though, I'm rolling for Civil War 2. It's either going to happen within the next ten years, or we'll be merely existing in the world we used to live in. Nothing is going to get better, politically. Every single day, we're "liberated" from our freedoms, in piecemeal fashion, bit by bit, and one day, there'll be nothing left to take from us. It's not like legislative fetishism will ever go out of style for our oligarch leaders. We will be reduced to curfews and permanent martial law before you even realize it's happening. Boiling the frog hasn't failed yet.

Suffice it to say, I haven't "looked forward" for the future since I was old enough to realize how bad things are. The only pill in the bottle is black. Metal Gear Solid 2 has a more accurate outlook on the state of the coming world than anything else I've ever seen. That's fucking terrifying to me.

It's always interesting that it seems that decent people help built these monsterous systems of control.

Always reminds me of that one Aeon flux episode.

Two people in love try to escape the totalitarian city. They almost manage, but she makes a mistake. He escapes, she loses part of her spine. Her spine gets fixed but the costs put her into permanent debt, on top of the fine for trying to escape. She is forced to work in a strange triangular parts factory, the one that gets bombed almost every day. One day she decides to make another run for it. She throws a rock to distract the automated defenses, just like before, but when she manages to get over the wall, there is a new security system in place that entangles her. The same triangular shaped objects inject her with something, apparently a sedative, and then start to cut off limbs and then stitch her up so she doesn't bleed out.

That's what it reminds me off. We're forced to build our own cages.

An Account

kiwifarms.net
I'm holding out for a pandemic to finally hit most/all of the major cities. Even a really potent strain of flu could do it. With the anti-vax shit it's becoming an even greater possibility. I can also see the Muslim hoards finally overtaking Europe and putting down that Asian peninsula LARPing as a continent.

Random_Person_Online

kiwifarms.net
Unless society becomes more religious in an orthodox and logical way, (not the fundy and moronic way, e.g., baptists) I think things will get better. I'm not that religious, but I do think all the degenerates like the fucking blue/pink haired feminists/fat lard anarchists/liberals (such as TJ Kirk) and the extreme misc lunatics like "Other-Kin" morons came about because of a lack of organized religion (such as Buddhism, Catholicism, Anglicanism, or even Jainism).

I try to go to mass every once in a while because even though I don't consider myself very religious, I do see that it has a positive affect on me. If more people attended some kind of organized religion I think the world would actually be better off for it.

You only get these crazy fucks like the ones I mentioned before hand because there's a lack of discipline in their lives that could otherwise be put to good use. But instead, they use it for stupid shit like new age wicca and as a result, you get morons who dye their hair neon green and dress like a faggot.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net

1. All ANTIFA needs to do is to score a confirmed kill and it's game over for them. At that point, the normies will turn on them and the more liberal-leaning media who turn a blind eye to ANTIFA will either turn on Antifa and memory hole their past complicity while the explicitly left-wing outlets will take major PR hits and lose support if they defend ANTIFA after that. If ANTIFA ends up killing someone, then the FBI will step in and heads will roll. It's not even like they're not trying to commit murder or that it would be past them to do such a thing, they've just gotten lucky enough that they haven't succeeded yet.

2. The clickbait mills are dying before our eyes. AT&T/HBO has dropped any support of VICE and their TV show is ending this year. So it's very likely that guys like Soros and Bezos no longer see these outlets as a thing worth investing into anymore, or are about to reach that conclusion soon. An agenda can't reach the masses if the masses aren't interested in paying any attention to it.

3. Your concerns over Big Tech are valid, but the fact that Google is being subject to a massive federal-level anti-trust investigation at all to begin with is telling, since the sole purpose of an anti-trust investigation is to explicitly break up monopolies.

And the last time such a thing happened was a lot more recently than you might think....

Bell System was a telephone company that was a monopoly for over a century before being broken up in 1984 following a similar DOJ anti-trust operation.

It was succeeded by a handful of companies including Verizon and AT&T. When Bell was taken down, it did not trigger a major economic downturn. The same could happen to Google.

4. The Religious Right had little sway over Hollywood and the MSM outlets mainly because they were actively hostile towards Hollywood and were trying to fight an open cultural war against them, as opposed to the far more insidious "guerilla warfare" approach of the Millennial Left in the culture wars.

So calm down for now, I'd say there's no need to swallow the black pill just yet...
First, I'm amazed ANTIFA haven't gotten a kill yet, if anything I feel they're about due for one. Second, if the clickbait mill's going down, how long would you expect the tabloid mill (ie the Enquirer and the British shit) to follow suit?

D

DK 699

kiwifarms.net

>Antifa
It's highly unlikely that they will score a kill, because they are so incompetent when it comes to violence. Even if they do, what are the odds that it won't be written of by the MSM as Antifa defending themselves from fascists? Let's not forget that these people consider Ben Shapiro an 'alt-right icon' or that Heather Heyer was a socialist (https://knock-la.com/we-must-not-allow-centrists-to-erase-heather-heyers-activism-1b76f2fb87a)
>Clickbait mills
@Jewelsmakerguy Got me thinking when he brought up the issue of the Enquirer. They've been running in their current capacity since the 1950s. If they haven't gone away then why would outlets that don't have to print physical copies of their articles have to go away?
>Big tech
You might be onto something here. Don't know it's fair to compare Bell to Google, but maybe the situation isn't as bad as it could be.
>The Religious Right/Evangelo-cons
So you agree with me?

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Given all of the vegan shit, chances are it will be just like this decade, but without bacon.

queerape

Gorilla gorilla goes Gorillaz
kiwifarms.net
SJWs have largely achieved a lot of their aims, so I think the cause du jour of the 2020s will be the environment. Anti discrimination laws were tightened in the 2010s, gay marriage is now legal in most of the first world, some drug liberalization has occurred and trans gender people have more recognition. In a few years people’s concern for the environment will take over as that’s what’s in more dire straits, so in the 2020s I expect to see some of the toughest environmental laws ever passed.