Will the "new normal" ever truly end?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
I don't see it ending for some time, at the very least. In some aspects, I don't see any change back to the original format.

Lemmingwise

Amber "Turd Alert" Heard
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe, it's going to depend on how this election turns out.

If we get a Kamala Harris administration, then the hellscape New Normal will continue and get worse with no end in sight.

If Trump wins, there's a chance it might end in the early 2020's. It's all going to depend on if Trump can win in spite of the pandemic and the BLM coup, and then what happens after. At that point, it will depend on how the bigwigs react and whether or not Trump continues going after Critical Theory and intersectional leftism via executive order.
Why would it end under Trump when it started under Trump?

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why would it end under Trump when it started under Trump?

Because the "New Normal" lockdowns were mainly a way to try and hurt the economy and help get Trump out of office, especially after the initial goal of "flattening the curve" had finally been achieved. The federal lockdowns largely ended in the spring, but the states are continuing them, with blue states being a lot more despotic than the red states.

The economy cannot handle this "New Normal" of mask talismans, social distancing, and everything being shut down or only operating at a third capacity much longer, especially not in these blue states that have major urban areas that often serve as financial points or coastal ports.

My best guess is that if Biden wins, the New Normal will be here to stay but some of the more austere social distancing measures will be gone. Mask talismans, anarcho-tyranny, and black supremacy would be here to stay under a Kamala presidency.

If Trump wins, the corporate bigwigs and the DNC will have to make changes just to save their own sorry asses and keep the economy from collapsing completely. Certain far-left groups will be scapegoated along with all the others who have been scapegoated already and there's a part of me thinks the MSM's "white supremacists hiding in Antifa to cause riots" meme was meant to be like a pre-alpha version of a potential anti-BLM/anti-Antifa narrative just in case Trump wins anyway. That and the "there is no Antifa" message at the same time seems contradictory, but I'd say it's a case of the DNC, the media, and Big Tech just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Nobody except the most delusional of Antifa commie punks and unironic Atomwaffen/Siege assholes want a second civil war.

If Trump wins a second term despite all this, most of the "New Normal" will go away by spring of next year at the latest. By then, a vaccine should be available to the public and the "dark winter" will be over. Some of the events like spring break or conventions and concerts that were in the winter and spring of 2021 will be cancelled because most of them were planned back in 2020 and COVID-19 put the kaibash on that.

Do I think everything will go back to exactly how it was before? Probably not, but a Trump win could mean the New Normal was merely a year of our lives we'll never get back. People might still be paranoid and there will probably be beardos and dangerhairs wearing masks and screaming at people who don't even after a vaccine is released and the crisis declared over. But a best-case scenario would be us returning to the "old normal" in a social and economic sense but also shaken by the events of 2020 and having to tough out the slow economic recovery from this pandemic

Unlike the security measures after 9/11, this was all up front all at once and hit everyone in their daily lives.

The post-9/11 security measures seemed to mostly affect air travel, so a lot of Americans didn't notice how pervasive the surveillance state was at home since a lot of the surveillance was digital. Plus air travel is not something that the average American does all the time. The lockdowns and social distancing was all up front and it was every day and night for the past several months

Last edited:

Lemmingwise

Amber "Turd Alert" Heard
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because the "New Normal" lockdowns were mainly a way to try and hurt the economy and help get Trump out of office, especially after the initial goal of "flattening the curve" had finally been achieved. The federal lockdowns largely ended in the spring, but the states are continuing them, with blue states being a lot more despotic than the red states.

The economy cannot handle this "New Normal" of mask talismans, social distancing, and everything being shut down or only operating at a third capacity much longer, especially not in these blue states that have major urban areas that often serve as financial points or coastal ports.

My best guess is that if Biden wins, the New Normal will be here to stay but some of the more austere social distancing measures will be gone. Mask talismans, anarcho-tyranny, and black supremacy would be here to stay under a Kamala presidency.

If Trump wins, the corporate bigwigs and the DNC will have to make changes just to save their own sorry asses and keep the economy from collapsing completely. Certain far-left groups will be scapegoated along with all the others who have been scapegoated already and there's a part of me thinks the MSM's "white supremacists hiding in Antifa to cause riots" meme was meant to be like a pre-alpha version of a potential anti-BLM/anti-Antifa narrative just in case Trump wins anyway. That and the "there is no Antifa" message at the same time seems contradictory, but I'd say it's a case of the DNC, the media, and Big Tech just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Nobody except the most delusional of Antifa commie punks and unironic Atomwaffen/Siege assholes want a second civil war.

If Trump wins a second term despite all this, most of the "New Normal" will go away by spring of next year at the latest. By then, a vaccine should be available to the public and the "dark winter" will be over. Some of the events like spring break or conventions and concerts that were in the winter and spring of 2021 will be cancelled because most of them were planned back in 2020 and COVID-19 put the kaibash on that.

Do I think everything will go back to exactly how it was before? Probably not, but a Trump win could mean the New Normal was merely a year of our lives we'll never get back. People might still be paranoid and there will probably be beardos and dangerhairs wearing masks and screaming at people who don't even after a vaccine is released and the crisis declared over. But a best-case scenario would be us returning to the "old normal" in a social and economic sense but also shaken by the events of 2020 and having to tough out the slow economic recovery from this pandemic

Unlike the security measures after 9/11, this was all up front and hit everyone in their daily lives.

The post-9/11 security measures seemed to mostly affect air travel, so a lot of Americans didn't notice how pervasive the surveillance state was at home since a lot of the surveillance was digital. Plus air travel is not something that the average American does all the time. The lockdowns and social distancing was all up front and it was every day and night for the past several months
The theory of it only being purely an anti-trump ploy doesn't fit with the rest of the world doing the same (and earlier) than the US.

I think you're looking at this on a much more short term basis than you should.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The theory of it only being purely an anti-trump ploy doesn't fit with the rest of the world doing the same (and earlier) than the US.

I think you're looking at this on a much more short term basis than you should.

The rest of the world did it earlier but IIRC, didn't most of them drop the most stringent restrictions a lot earlier than any of the states have?

I'll gladly admit that I'm not quite sure what the situation is in the Netherlands, but I do know several of the European countries have lifted most of the social distancing orders and the lockdowns aren't quite as bad as they were three or four months ago.

Fucking Sweden, the most woke country on Earth alongside Germany and Australia, didn't even have lockdowns and fared a lot better than damn near everyone else.

I remember Italy was hit very hard since they have a high elderly population and had very strict lockdowns at the beginning, but IIRC, even they've opened up a lot more than before and definitely more than California, Michigan, or New York. The lockdowns in those three states in particular are more to do with the ego trips of their governors than any public safety measures.

Most of these European countries aren't federal either, so there's also that issue to deal with.

The main reason why the American lockdowns have been a lot longer is due to it both being largely run by the state governments as opposed to the federal and because the DNC have a vested political interest in the measures being handled in the specific way they are.

The American economy is also the largest in the world and if it totally collapses, the world is fucked. For fuck's sake, The Great Recession in the late 2000's had sweeping effects on Europe that are still being felt to this day and that would be mild compared to a lockdown-induced Second Great Depression.

Even the seemingly invincible China will be brought down by a severe economic collapse in America and they narrowly avoided a recession of their own in 2008 which helped build their "invincible and inevitable" image.

If Trump can win, then I expect the "New Normal" to be gone by late April 2021 at the absolute latest. We'll be shaken to our core psychologically and emotionally, but the physical effects of the lockdown should be gone by then, especially if a vaccine is released early next year.

Lemmingwise

Amber "Turd Alert" Heard
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the situation is in the Netherlands, but I do know several of the European countries have lifted most of the social distancing orders and the lockdowns aren't quite as bad as they were three or four months ago
Most have started to reverse that again. Italy is cracking down hard. Even Sweden which had the mildest is going harder now. Netherlands has a whole new row of rules, like no selling of alcohol after certain times and no more food serving establishments open.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most have started to reverse that again. Italy is cracking down hard. Even Sweden which had the mildest is going harder now. Netherlands has a whole new row of rukes, like no selling of alcohol after certain times and no more food serving establishments open.

Hmm, I'm wondering if these new lockdowns in Europe might have something to do with the Dems and the MSM over here talking about a "dark winter" and a massive second wave of the pandemic...

Has there been a massive spike in cases or a bunch of COVID deaths that were high profile or seemingly out of nowhere?

Lemmingwise

Amber "Turd Alert" Heard
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Has there been a massive spike in cases or a bunch of COVID deaths that were high profile or seemingly out of nowhere
The statistics say that infections are up by large margin. It's easy to believe, dutch aren't rule followers. Before the the new crackdawn people were jolly. Now nearly everyone is wearing masks (though not mandated like Germany)

I know a couple of people that tested positive. But I also know someone that was supposed to be tested, but didn't go to her test. She received a positive test result, too.

The original issue of lack of IC capacity has long been scaled up. Me and several others have volunteered to aid hospitals, but have yet to be called on, months later.

So in short, infections way up (though possible false positives), deaths uncertain (we have no regular flu deaths this year!), and although like you I'm watching thebpolitical response with skepticism, I do it with a little less of american red vs blue thinking, because usually there is a month or two delay before american things arrive here, but this time the timeline is reversed.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The statistics say that infections are up by large margin. It's easy to believe, dutch aren't rule followers. Before the the new crackdawn people were jolly. Now nearly everyone is wearing masks (though not mandated like Germany)

I know a couple of people that tested positive. But I also know someone that was supposed to be tested, but didn't go to her test. She received a positive test result, too.

The original issue of lack of IC capacity has long been scaled up. Me and several others have volunteered to aid hospitals, but have yet to be called on, months later.

So in short, infections way up (though possible false positives), deaths uncertain (we have no regular flu deaths this year!), and although like you I'm watching thebpolitical response with skepticism, I do it with a little less of american red vs blue thinking, because usually there is a month or two delay before american things arrive here, but this time the timeline is reversed.

Understandable, and in all fairness, you've got the misfortune of living in the EU, which is pretty much the Woke Reich.

I'm mainly looking at this with American "Red vs. Blue" thinking since I live in America and that thinking has a lot more of a direct effect on mine and everyone else's daily lives over here. I honestly think that a Trump win will cause a lot of lockdowns to end, especially if the rumors of a vaccine being ready for a general release in January or February are true.

If there's a vaccine already available to the public, no amount of media scaremongering can justify the New Normal to the normies and even they'll see it as partisan political opportunism.

If we get a vaccine released and four more years of Trump, the New Normal will end.

Keep in mind that the Obama Administration told the American people that the Great Recession was the "New Normal" and while the Millennials got turbo-fucked, things were genuinely improving for American citizens economically of all generations at a slow but steady pace until COVID-19 put the brakes on that one.

If the Great Recession's conditions were able to slowly move away from being the "New Normal", then the economic ruin brought on by Corona would have to end as well, at least in America.

If the virus hadn't happened, I do think a lot of the economic quagmires that many Millennials and Early Zoomers were stuck in because of the Great Recession would've probably gone away by 2022.

Lemmingwise

Amber "Turd Alert" Heard
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Understandable, and in all fairness, you've got the misfortune of living in the EU, which is pretty much the Woke Reich

The difference is not as big as you think.

I honestly think that a Trump win will cause a lot of lockdowns to end

He will win. Why would that cause lockdowns to end? He hasn't been big on fulfilling promises (besides his geopolitical ones and antipedofilia ones, no new hot war, starting trade war China and the covert war on pedophilia (pedo crackdowns and arrests both in US and abroad are really through the roof if you look at last 10 year stats)).

I don't see how he would have any need to do so. A controlled population is in his interest too, particularly when he'll need nothing more from them.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The difference is not as big as you think.

He will win. Why would that cause lockdowns to end? He hasn't been big on fulfilling promises (besides his geopolitical ones and antipedofilia ones, no new hot war, starting trade war China and the covert war on pedophilia (pedo crackdowns and arrests both in US and abroad are really through the roof if you look at last 10 year stats)).

I don't see how he would have any need to do so. A controlled population is in his interest too, particularly when he'll need nothing more from them.

Trump has a vested interest in trying to end the lockdowns since it's obvious that anyone who's not a neolib corporate bigwig hates the lockdowns. Trump is all about ego and being seen as the guy who finally helped bring the malaise of 2020 to an end and let people go back to having a social life will net him a lot of praise and get him that ego high he so craves. The economy will also get better if they're done away with and that will also boost his ego

Even the beardo bugmen and dangerhairs who trumpet their love of SCIENCE! and sing the praises of social distancing while wearing their mask talismans are mainly doing a mix of virtue signaling and coping, and I'd say a lot of them are only doing it so they can make the pandemic end quicker.

Plus the fact that Trump has made good on his promises of trade war with China, no new hot wars (and trying to end the ones we were already in) and locking up pedos is a lot better than I'd expect from him or any other political leader regardless of party.

FuckedUp

Done with this autism chamber
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The rest of the world did it earlier but IIRC, didn't most of them drop the most stringent restrictions a lot earlier than any of the states have?

I'll gladly admit that I'm not quite sure what the situation is in the Netherlands, but I do know several of the European countries have lifted most of the social distancing orders and the lockdowns aren't quite as bad as they were three or four months ago.

Fucking Sweden, the most woke country on Earth alongside Germany and Australia, didn't even have lockdowns and fared a lot better than damn near everyone else.

I remember Italy was hit very hard since they have a high elderly population and had very strict lockdowns at the beginning, but IIRC, even they've opened up a lot more than before and definitely more than California, Michigan, or New York. The lockdowns in those three states in particular are more to do with the ego trips of their governors than any public safety measures.

Most of these European countries aren't federal either, so there's also that issue to deal with.

The main reason why the American lockdowns have been a lot longer is due to it both being largely run by the state governments as opposed to the federal and because the DNC have a vested political interest in the measures being handled in the specific way they are.

The American economy is also the largest in the world and if it totally collapses, the world is fucked. For fuck's sake, The Great Recession in the late 2000's had sweeping effects on Europe that are still being felt to this day and that would be mild compared to a lockdown-induced Second Great Depression.

Even the seemingly invincible China will be brought down by a severe economic collapse in America and they narrowly avoided a recession of their own in 2008 which helped build their "invincible and inevitable" image.

If Trump can win, then I expect the "New Normal" to be gone by late April 2021 at the absolute latest. We'll be shaken to our core psychologically and emotionally, but the physical effects of the lockdown should be gone by then, especially if a vaccine is released early next year.
It's pretty obvious the UN is trying to make a whole new world order. Listen to the president of Belarus, he said he was offered a bribe to impose lockdowns and intentionally crash the economy. Sweden didn't have lockdowns because the populace there was already playing along, getting microchipped and getting rid of paper money before this whole thing happened.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's pretty obvious the UN is trying to make a whole new world order. Listen to the president of Belarus, he said he was offered a bribe to impose lockdowns and intentionally crash the economy. Sweden didn't have lockdowns because the populace there was already playing along, getting microchipped and getting rid of paper money before this whole thing happened.

I always kind of figured the whole "Great Reset" was a pipe dream from activist groups that the UN would pay lip service to and give a platform to since the UN is usually more useless than tits on a boar.

The EU is pretty much in cahoots with the UN, so it wouldn't surprise me if they think it's a good idea and Belarus is a corrupt totalitarian shithole.

I don't see the United States playing along with a "Great Reset" if Trump wins a second term. Especially with his patriotic populist platform that he's been unusually consistent about sticking to (troop withdrawals, no new ground wars, trade sanctions on China)

If Trump wins, there's also the fact that the United States is a superpower and is one of the core members of the Security Council and would gladly veto any attempt to make the Great Reset apply to the US, especially if he wins a second term and wants some payback for COVID-19.

Russia's a wildcard and are even more nationalistic and explicitly right-wing, and they have a seat on the Big Five in the UN. France and the UK will support it since they're both neoliberal shitholes that are even more woke than the US and France is also part of the EU and subservient to Merkel's Germany and China.

China will gladly support the Great Reset and I wouldn't put it past them to have a hand in pushing it so they can exert even more control over the rest of the world.

A Kamala regime would also gladly support a Great Reset as well, but I don't see Trump getting on board with it, especially if the GOP still have the Senate or get really lucky and take back the House as well. The GOP is a lot more compliant and willing with Trump than they were before 2019.

Seriously, if Trump does win a second term, he should go above and beyond to fight back since he wouldn't worry about optics. One of the first things I'd do if I were him is announce total trade embargos on China on November 4th via Executive Order and then order covert drone strikes on Three Gorges Dam.

Even if Biden wins, I'd do the drone strike anyway if I was Trump. Sort of a "taking you down with me ploy"

Last edited:

Samson Pumpkin Jr.

kiwifarms.net
Germany and Australia had big lockdowns. The province of Victoria basically became a police state with people not allowed to go some 30 kilometres outside their house. As well arrests for wrong think on social media.
Germany's lockdown wasn't as big as Australia's
Evil Doug Ford, brother of coke addict felon Rob Ford, is imposing reversions on the lockdown. Returning back to stage 2 when all Ontario was in the final stage of reopening.
The American economy is also the largest in the world and if it totally collapses, the world is fucked. For fuck's sake, The Great Recession in the late 2000's had sweeping effects on Europe that are still being felt to this day and that would be mild compared to a lockdown-induced Second Great Depression
You don't understand how retarded modern economists are. A lot of them actually believe that we have entered "a new era" where "depressions don't happen anymore so long as we use quantitative easing and take on massive debt 4ever." Many of them hold high positions of power.
The academia has fucked their minds and now they're coming to fuck our wallets

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Germany and Australia had big lockdowns. The province of Victoria basically became a police state with people not allowed to go some 30 kilometres outside their house. As well arrests for wrong think on social media.
Germany's lockdown wasn't as big as Australia's

I knew Australia and Germany had massive lockdowns, but Sweden didn't

What I was saying is that Sweden is pretty much one of the wokest countries on Earth alongside Australia and Germany.

Samson Pumpkin Jr.

kiwifarms.net
Belarus is a corrupt totalitarian shithole.
You don't know what totalitarian means. Totalitarian is to have complete subservience to the state both in action and in mind. If totalitarian countries had the chance to read your mind and execute you, they would. Belarus is authouritarian, meaning that the state only cares about securing its interests even if it goes against the population. They may use suppression, but only insofar as it serves the purposes of the state. Totalitarian countries will suppress and kill people for any reason, ideological, mainly.

North Korea is an example of a totalitarian state, the last one on earth with the possible exceptions of Cuba and Venezuela. Belarus is not at all comparable to North Korea. Belarus is corrupt, but it's not a shithole. You don't have to take my word on it, take the word of Joshua Connor Moon who actually went there.

DamageJoy

kiwifarms.net
To answer your question, I will raise another one. Did the post 911 police state and erosions of civil liberties went away? Nope, it just got extended and improved.

You don't know what totalitarian means. Totalitarian is to have complete subservience to the state both in action and in mind. If totalitarian countries had the chance to read your mind and execute you, they would. Belarus is authouritarian, meaning that the state only cares about securing its interests even if it goes against the population. They may use suppression, but only insofar as it serves the purposes of the state. Totalitarian countries will suppress and kill people for any reason, ideological, mainly.

North Korea is an example of a totalitarian state, the last one on earth with the possible exceptions of Cuba and Venezuela. Belarus is not at all comparable to North Korea. Belarus is corrupt, but it's not a shithole. You don't have to take my word on it, take the word of Joshua Connor Moon who actually went there.
The Globohomo mess seems to be getting close to Maoism attitude of constant revolution and hunting of dissidents.
Just because school propagandized that to have opression it must look like 1984, that doesn't mean this soft post-totalitarian mess is any more "free".
People won't get gulaged because there is no need for excess manual labor and it's more efficient to delegate social control to third parties ie. NGOs and corporations.
Because according to big brain conservatives if the boot stepps on your face is a PMC, then it's fine.