Will the "new normal" ever truly end?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To answer your question, I will raise another one. Did the post 911 police state and erosions of civil liberties went away? Nope, it just got extended and improved.

There's a key difference though.

The post-9/11 police state didn't cause an economic crash and most Americans were unaware of what all was going on with the measures unless they did a lot of flying. The full scope of the Patriot Act wasn't widely known among the public until years after these measures were implemented. People had time to acclimate and shrug it off as little more than some annoying extra hassles at the airport, especially during the first few years.

Aside from that, the War on Terror was the only other post-9/11 drastic measure that everyone took notice of. Stuff like Gitmo or the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were things that were happening far away and while people had opinions on it, few were directly impacted by it unless they were in the military or had loved ones who were. It was shrugged off and at most, you saw political pundits of both stripes sperg out about it and guys like Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert make fun of the idiocies and absurdities of it.

Most of the extended surveillance was digital outside of New York City and Washington DC as well, so most Americans didn't notice that component until after the Snowden leaks became national news

The COVID-19 lockdowns and erosions of civil liberties were very sudden and it laid out the full force of it all up front and in a way that has been continuously affecting American citizens every day and night for the past several months. There was no time to acclimate to these drastic measures and a previously strong economy went into a severe recession because of it. It was way too much done way too fast.

What is the reasoning for this? Isn't the entire point to keep people away from campus?

I'd say it's because a lot of people go traveling to go party during Spring Break and there's fears that the virus could spread if someone brought it back while partying in Florida or whatever. They might also want to get in as many academic hours as they can to make up for lost time as well.

There's also the fact that a lot of specific events are scheduled months in advance. A lot of concerts, trade shows, conventions, and similar events scheduled for early 2021 were cancelled preemptively because of the lockdowns in 2020.

DamageJoy

kiwifarms.net
The COVID-19 lockdowns and erosions of civil liberties were very sudden and it laid out the full force of it all up front and in a way that has been continuously affecting American citizens every day and night for the past several months. There was no time to acclimate to these drastic measures and a previously strong economy went into a severe recession because of it. It was way too much done way too fast.
Considering the news get more and more filtered and the experts and high status opinions say support this great reset flu, people will just take it.
The whole thing is perfect to
a) demoralize the general public, beat them into submission
b) energize their own base/useful idiots

The whole thing will be channeled into a political false choice where "your side didn't do enough" is the only acceptable thing to say. Consider the weight on one hand, the "war on terror" thing was about two low poly skyscrapers and a few thousand of dead people and a good PR campaign to attack... Iraq? Now we have a year long propaganda campaign globally where people can't even go outside. There won't be efficient opposition because people just get used to everything. So, the politically active will be caught up in more extreme forms of burgoise identity politics so scratch their political itch while you can't really adress the small-medium business holocaust that is currently happening combined with pushing the wealth up to the top.

If the Great Reset Flu was not a total hoax, then it was well played. For example, normalizing working from home opens up possibilities to further ride down wages by having your "from home worker" from Bangladesh and you will have even less way to organize unions because you don't know the randos in your workplace. etc.

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
Trump has a vested interest in trying to end the lockdowns since it's obvious that anyone who's not a neolib corporate bigwig hates the lockdowns. Trump is all about ego and being seen as the guy who finally helped bring the malaise of 2020 to an end and let people go back to having a social life will net him a lot of praise and get him that ego high he so craves. The economy will also get better if they're done away with and that will also boost his ego

Even the beardo bugmen and dangerhairs who trumpet their love of SCIENCE! and sing the praises of social distancing while wearing their mask talismans are mainly doing a mix of virtue signaling and coping, and I'd say a lot of them are only doing it so they can make the pandemic end quicker.

Plus the fact that Trump has made good on his promises of trade war with China, no new hot wars (and trying to end the ones we were already in) and locking up pedos is a lot better than I'd expect from him or any other political leader regardless of party.
Isn't "making the pandemic end quicker" the whole point of the mask talismans (or at least the perception that you're doing your part in that)? If you believe that they work, you'd hate anyone who doesn't because "those damn plague rats are going to make the virus last forever".

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Considering the news get more and more filtered and the experts and high status opinions say support this great reset flu, people will just take it.
The whole thing is perfect to
a) demoralize the general public, beat them into submission
b) energize their own base/useful idiots

The whole thing will be channeled into a political false choice where "your side didn't do enough" is the only acceptable thing to say. Consider the weight on one hand, the "war on terror" thing was about two low poly skyscrapers and a few thousand of dead people and a good PR campaign to attack... Iraq? Now we have a year long propaganda campaign globally where people can't even go outside. There won't be efficient opposition because people just get used to everything. So, the politically active will be caught up in more extreme forms of burgoise identity politics so scratch their political itch while you can't really adress the small-medium business holocaust that is currently happening combined with pushing the wealth up to the top.

If the Great Reset Flu was not a total hoax, then it was well played. For example, normalizing working from home opens up possibilities to further ride down wages by having your "from home worker" from Bangladesh and you will have even less way to organize unions because you don't know the randos in your workplace. etc.

I'm not sure if people are getting used to everything this quickly even with the media filtering out things to build the narrative. A lot of this is people being silenced or staying quiet and wearing their mask talismans so they can buy groceries and not get hassled by some malignant neon-haired sow or bearded bugman.

Even then, I think a lot of the dangerhairs and beardos are only pushing that shit because they want to do some virtue signaling (trigger the chuds, own the chuds) and because a lot of them seem to think that if they keep doing the social distancing rituals and wearing their mask talismans, these lockdowns will end a lot more quickly and they can go back to watching Marvel capeshit in theaters and dining in at Starbucks and Panera Bread.

This year long lockdown and propaganda campaign is still too much and everyone's feeling the full effect all at once and getting severely fatigued as opposed to groaning at first and getting used to it.

With 9/11, the average American didn't like the hassles at the airport and probably thought the Iraq invasion was a crock of shit but it was all happening far away and the security measures were seemingly infrequent.

That's why they were able to properly acclimate and get used to it.

If Trump can get a second term, I'd expect him to really push back since he got the virus and bounced back from it fairly easy.

If we do get a vaccine next year, it also makes any attempt at a "Great Reset" far more obvious.

More right-leaning or populist politicians at state and local levels could use that to campaign against the continuation of further lockdown measures and again, the same endless lockdown that's causing the small business holocaust is also hurting major businesses, even ironclad ones like Disney.

With the EU, they're a lot more amicable towards the UN and China, so I could see them unironically hopping on board a "Great Reset" with full enthusiasm. Same goes for Australia and the UK.

As for the United States? I think it's obvious the extended lockdowns have become a political ploy to crash the economy to get Orange Man out of office. Bill Maher himself said on national television multiple times in 2019 and very early 2020 that only a recession could give the Democrats an opportunity to win 2020.

Really, I think the virus was a genuine disease and a potential threat and everyone got into lockdown mode thinking it would be a temporary thing that would last a couple of weeks or maybe a month or two at the absolute most.

The Democrats probably saw this as a golden opportunity to give Biden a chance by hurting the economy via extended lockdowns, especially for Democrat-run states since a lot of this was delegated to the states and most of the federal lockdowns really were just to "flatten the curve" in the Spring.

All these pharmaceutical corporations are supposedly working together on a vaccine with backing from the Trump Administration and the CDC, which makes me think Corona was a genuine threat at first and they want to get this vaccine out there for financial gain from both selling the vaccines to hospitals and clinics and from a wider upswing in the economy as a whole.

If they want to use the virus to push the Great Reset in the United States after the 2020 elections, either it'll be done via a Kamala presidency or if Trump wins and a vaccine comes out in 2021 or 2022, they could end the lockdowns once the vaccine is out and make sure everyone gets the vaccine if they want to function in the cashless society, lest they go back to the malaise of 2020.

This has not happened once, even when Leftists are demonstrably guilty. Even if Trump wins, it won't happen. They will blame it on the rest of the country being racist sexist fascist nahzees.

"We dindu nuffin" is inexorable from leftist thought.

Nah, I think the more out-loud Antifa will get thrown under the bus but it'll probably be combined with the anti-Russia narrative and sentiment against Bernie Sanders, who was already on thin ice for costing Hillary in 2016. Bernie himself can easily be bought off, but his supporters are zealots.

BLM will probably skate by and the ones who do get busted are more likely to be tarred as part of Antifa, who are more likely to be painted as "Russian-backed saboteurs" or something equally asinine by the Dems and the MSM.

The Woke Left won't ever admit their wrongs, but the neoliberal bigwigs that control the Democratic Party and the major corporations are far more likely to use them as a scapegoat by tying them into preexisting narratives since they view the Woke Left as useful idiots.

Isn't "making the pandemic end quicker" the whole point of the mask talismans (or at least the perception that you're doing your part in that)? If you believe that they work, you'd hate anyone who doesn't because "those damn plague rats are going to make the virus last forever".

Exactly.

Even the most pro-lockdown bugmen are only in favor of these measures now so the lockdowns can end quicker, which means the propaganda isn't quite as effective as they initially hoped. That right there makes me think the virus is not a hoax and that the lockdowns can't continue forever, especially not in the United States.

If they wanted to really get the wider public to truly passively accept it like they did the post-9/11 security measures, you wouldn't have this near-universal resentment over the lockdowns even from progressives and apolitical normies.

The BLM coup and the anarcho-tyrannical approach to BLM riots being exempt from social distancing and lockdown measures, often explicitly so in several major locations, have only damaged this narrative a lot further, even if nobody's willing to stick their neck out and publicly question it just yet.

Last edited:

Meat Target

A&H Chief Meateorologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Woke Left won't ever admit their wrongs, but the neoliberal bigwigs that control the Democratic Party and the major corporations are far more likely to use them as a scapegoat by tying them into preexisting narratives since they view the Woke Left as useful idiots
I just don't see it happening. Neoliberals will not, at this point, ever admit that Trump or his base was right about something. And the neolibs agree with the Woke Left in principle, just not in timetable.

Samson Pumpkin Jr.

kiwifarms.net
The Globohomo mess seems to be getting close to Maoism attitude of constant revolution and hunting of dissidents.
Just because school propagandized that to have opression it must look like 1984, that doesn't mean this soft post-totalitarian mess is any more "free".
People won't get gulaged because there is no need for excess manual labor and it's more efficient to delegate social control to third parties ie. NGOs and corporations.
Because according to big brain conservatives if the boot stepps on your face is a PMC, then it's fine.
Trump needs to destroy Xi Xinping to save america. he was our leader, then at the davos group he said, three years ago, '"I will destroy Trump, I will work with hollywood." And Kiji Pink said "I wanna overthrow American democracy, I want to repudiate it, I want to discredit it" and Gigi Ping admits he admires Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin. Okay.

DamageJoy

kiwifarms.net
Trump needs to destroy Xi Xinping to save america. he was our leader, then at the davos group he said, three years ago, '"I will destroy Trump, I will work with hollywood." And Kiji Pink said "I wanna overthrow American democracy, I want to repudiate it, I want to discredit it" and Gigi Ping admits he admires Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin. Okay.
Yeah, the same way North Korea is a People's Republic which happens to be democratic, a republic and for the people. Buzzwords in politics are as old as politics itself. Even the ancient athenians were concerned with democracy when they subjugated their old allies in the Athenian league.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can smell the tinfoil hat from this thread a mile away.

Sorry you have to wear a mask when you need to shop. So hard you life is the worst.

I know you're probably a shitposter but I think the "Great Reset" is a crock of shit and is little more than an activist pipe dream that's given the illusion of credibility because the UN decided it was a good thing to virtue signal about. I'm mainly just using their own logic to get them to see why these lockdowns can't feasibly be kept in the long-term.

I do think the mask talismans are retarded and the malignant dangerhairs and beardos who get all super mad about it are annoying, but I'll wear a mask when I go out shopping with no problem.

RandomTwitterGuy

kiwifarms.net
I know you're probably a shitposter but I think the "Great Reset" is a crock of shit and is little more than an activist pipe dream that's given the illusion of credibility because the UN decided it was a good thing to virtue signal about. I'm mainly just using their own logic to get them to see why these lockdowns can't feasibly be kept in the long-term.

I do think the mask talismans are retarded and the malignant dangerhairs and beardos who get all super mad about it are annoying, but I'll wear a mask when I go out shopping with no problem.

Don't you see how fucking retarded you sound.

It is a fucking wobbling from one retarded point to the next putting little lines between them in an effort to connect the dots on some GRAND THING. When in realty it is nothing more then dumb luck and people who don't know shit trying to fix things.

Who the fuck gives a shit what the UN thinks. They have no power and no one gives a shit about them any more.

I live in one of these as you would call it "Wokistans" and we are not locking down any thing. Yes there are some stupid shit, but it is not some stupid ploy. It is stupid politicians wanting to be seen as being active. It is dumb, but it is not malice.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't you see how fucking retarded you sound.

It is a fucking wobbling from one retarded point to the next putting little lines between them in an effort to connect the dots on some GRAND THING. When in realty it is nothing more then dumb luck and people who don't know shit trying to fix things.

Who the fuck gives a shit what the UN thinks. They have no power and no one gives a shit about them any more.

I live in one of these as you would call it "Wokistans" and we are not locking down any thing. Yes there are some stupid shit, but it is not some stupid ploy. It is stupid politicians wanting to be seen as being active. It is dumb, but it is not malice.

Lol, calm down.

Assuming you're not a gimmicky shitposter, you do realize that I agree with your statements and that you're preaching the choir here?

I mainly posed hypotheticals to point out that if the corporate bigwigs really wanted a "Great Reset", then they'd do something a lot more efficient like a few small surface changes over a period of time than try to hoax a pandemic and do everything all at once up front

This is pretty much a case of a novel virus becoming a pandemic and political opportunists deciding to try and do a Hail Mary play to capitalize on it instead of letting a crisis go to waste

Last edited:

Sweet and Savoury

Null-like homunculus
kiwifarms.net
I think it all depends on the outcome of the election

If Biden does win, we will see a resurgence of the legacy MSM as they have proven that they're still a capable force to shape public opinion. If this happens I would expect the powers that be to be more blatant and straightforward as they have proof that Joe Public will swallow whatever the MSM spews out, no matter how far-fetched.

If Trump wins, despite all the big tech, MSM, Hollywood, Social Media, and elites aligning against him then it will give them pause, as the tools they're using clearly aren't working anymore.

Either way, nothing will ever really stop the "Globohomo" drive to a better future as they have all the cards, all the money and all the power and unless we get a radical reset of Western Culture back towards it roots of individuality, self-reliance and small government then its just a matter of time until they finally gain enough wide spread acceptance of their ideals to reshape society.

I know I sound like a doomer but I'm over 60 now and I;ve been watching the slow boil for many decades but these last 8 years have sped up the program insanely and I feel the last straw was the successufll turning of middle America against itself. White guilt is going to be the tool they use to cut the heart out of Western Cultural values.

I'm just glad I'm old and set for life, its you young people I feel for. Tying to build a rich and satisfying life in such a enviroment has to be incredible difficult and fustrasting.

Jewthulhu

A rare deepwater Jew
kiwifarms.net
What is the reasoning for this? Isn't the entire point to keep people away from campus?
My understanding is that the school wants to minimize travel; or at least that is their excuse for going online-only after Thanksgiving break. I also am going to a smaller regional campus, so they can actually social distance non-gened classes without running into space constraints.

Lemmingwise

Amber Alert: I Heard a Turd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just because school propagandized that to have opression it must look like 1984, that doesn't mean this soft post-totalitarian mess is any more "free".
Some schools also made you read brave new world and it's a good example of how a free seeming and benevolent seeming governance can be equally terrifying.

In the words of Huxley "a time when people would be satisfied, but in a way that perhaps they ought not be satisfied".

Lemmingwise

Amber Alert: I Heard a Turd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mainly posed hypotheticals to point out that if the corporate bigwigs really wanted a "Great Reset", then they'd do something a lot more efficient like a few small surface changes over a period of time than try to hoax a pandemic and do everything all at once up front

This is pretty much a case of a novel virus becoming a pandemic and political opportunists deciding to try and do a Hail Mary play to capitalize on it instead of letting a crisis go to waste

You had non-stop protests in France. Longer and more sustained even for a people that like to protest. Right wing resurgance in Italy. Brexit. The Netherlands biggest party last election is a new party that has only existed for about 5 years, started by a guy who studied under Scruton and went to dinner with Jared Taylor. We too had non-stop protests.

The US elected Trump, a candidate that came from outside the two political parties.

The pandemic has allowed government to put people in a state of constant fear and to be allowed to crackdown on protests in the interest of health and safety (they don't crack down on BLM and extinction rebellion and similar kind of protests).

Whether they seized an opportunity or the virus itself was planned (it's hard not be suspicious looking at Gates' work the last 8 years as well as the corporate restructering at 50 corps that had a CEO switch when the virus first hit). Whether it was created or not, and whether it's really dangerous or not and whether the response is overreactive or not; it's completely in the interest of those who's grasp on political power seemed to be slipping.

You know, the horse is comfortable veering off to the side, but a sharp pull on the reins reminds him who is in charge.

In fact, if there are sweeping changes you want to make, you of course do it during a crisis. That's not the time for small changes, that's the time for sweeping changes. It's alright to take 7 steps forward, even if you have to take 2 back. People don't have the attention and strength to fight things wholesale.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You had non-stop protests in France. Longer and more sustained even for a people that like to protest. Right wing resurgance in Italy. Brexit. The Netherlands biggest party last election is a new party that has only existed for about 5 years, started by a guy who studied under Scruton and went to dinner with Jared Taylor. We too had non-stop protests.

The US elected Trump, a candidate that came from outside the two political parties.

The pandemic has allowed government to put people in a state of constant fear and to be allowed to crackdown on protests in the interest of health and safety (they don't crack down on BLM and extinction rebellion and similar kind of protests).

Whether they seized an opportunity or the virus itself was planned (it's hard not be suspicious looking at Gates' work the last 8 years as well as the corporate restructering at 50 corps that had a CEO switch when the virus first hit). Whether it was created or not, and whether it's really dangerous or not and whether the response is overreactive or not; it's completely in the interest of those who's grasp on political power seemed to be slipping.

You know, the horse is comfortable veering off to the side, but a sharp pull on the reins reminds him who is in charge.

In fact, if there are sweeping changes you want to make, you of course do it during a crisis. That's not the time for small changes, that's the time for sweeping changes. It's alright to take 7 steps forward, even if you have to take 2 back. People don't have the attention and strength to fight things wholesale.

True, you do bring up some very good points.

Personally, I think the virus was not a hoax but the fact it was a novel illness and seemed to be a lot stronger in the early phases of the pandemic helped a lot of the fear. Even the seemingly invincible and inevitable China was bloodied and bruised by it, forcing them into their first economic recession since Mao's death in the 70's. If China of all people could be hurt by this, that would scare even the most wealthy and influential of corporate bigwigs, while the average Joe would be scared of the actual disease.

Something that severe is the kind of crisis that the bigwigs in any country wouldn't let go to waste. Granted I am looking at this from a strictly American perspective with a lot of this.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the "Dark Winter" rhetoric is using the fear of a surge in the virus during the winter months to try and push for a second lockdown. If there is any validity to COVID-19 being the Trojan Horse for the Great Reset, it would be during this period.

Personally, I think a second term of Trump would take a lot of the wind out of their sails based entirely on the fact he'd win a second term in spite of all this pushback. That event in and of itself would discredit the neoliberal corporatist establishment in the most powerful country on Earth and give Trump four more years of harsher trade sanctions on China.

Anything that happens after from Trump and the populists acting or the neoliberal establishment reacting would just be the icing on the cake. If anything, I suspect that any of the establishment would get the picture that 2016 wasn't a fluke, even if they won't admit it publicly.

If Trump can win, that's when you're going to see a lot more signs of internal changes and purging of useful idiots or dead weight, mostly done via discrediting them or cutting off support, but I could see some of the more egregious weak links like Hunter Biden getting the Jeff Epstein Special. The DNC will be focused on doing damage control and preparing for the 2022 midterms and 2024 in this scenario while the corporate big shots will be focused on maintaining their wealth and power and rebuilding a lot of the money and goodwill from the wider public.

Citing pop culture as an example, that's when you're going to see a lot of the entertainment shift away from Woke pretentiousness and attacking their own core audiences since it's not selling and their own audiences are actively against them. If there's no circuses to go with the bread, it makes a lot of people less compliant and more willing to pay attention to what's going on. And that's just one minor component of this wider issue.

The Woke Left won't think they did anything wrong and still keep blaming "muh White cis male capitalist Nazi incel colonizer chuds" straw boogeymen but they're just useful idiots who get all their power from corporations pandering to them for their own ends and will be discarded when they're no longer politically convenient or useful. Just like the neocons did with the Religious Right during the Reagan and Bush years.

The big upswing in left-wing and neoliberal counter-movements against the right-leaning nationalistic backlashes (Brexit, Trump, Bolsonaro, Salvini, Duterte, the Abe Administration in Japan) seemed to pick up around 2018 and 2019 and then 2020 gave the neoliberal corporatists and globalists an unexpected golden opportunity with the coronavirus

I honestly think that the so-called "Blue Wave" that the media was hyping up in 2018 was probably meant as the American version of that counter-attack.

But the "Blue Wave" ended up being a purple splash where the Democrats narrowly gained control of the House but lost more seats in the Senate and in several states as well. It wasn't as effective as a lot of the counter-movements in Europe. Plus it helped motivate the GOP to be a lot more amenable to Trump and his populist platforms while defanging the neocons completely, although the Brett Kavanaugh witch hunts and John McCain dying also played a major role as well.

Corbyn's massive defeat in the UK had a lot more to do with Corbyn himself being a really shit candidate in general and a lot of Brits just wanting to get Brexit over and done with instead of dragging it out even more.

Any British Kiwis like @Pointless Pedant or @Judge Holden can correct me on any errors if they want, since I'm mostly viewing British politics from the perspective of a casual outside observer so there's probably a lot of finer details to those elections that I'm not fully aware of.

Now, if these wealthy billionaire corporatists and your EU and UN big shots really do want to make the Great Reset more than a pipe dream after a Trump win in the United States, the best way to do it now is to back the release of a vaccine and end the lockdowns ASAP. Use the vaccination records to push a cashless society and bring up the misery, anarcho-tyranny, and the "New Normal" malaise of 2020 as a way to scare people into compliance.

If the Great Reset really does have some legs to it and isn't just more flowery UN daydreaming, then a Kamala regime is going to be the only way they can get this shit to stick in America with their current strategy. Otherwise, it's back to the drawing board.

Pointless Pedant

Breaking the chains of gravity
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd more or less agree that Corbyn lost because he was a terrible party leader, borderline communist, and Brexit flip flopper rather than anything to do with culture war issues. This site puts way too much stress on those relative to the average voter, and I mean way too much.

Don't bring Japan into this, either. Abe had previously been prime minister in the 2000s and is the grandson of former LDP prime minister and extremely influential economist and war criminal Kishi Nobusuke. He's as establishment as can be. The establishment in Japan and South Korea is just very different to what it is in America.

A description of Kishi's career would derail this thread, but aside from his love of rape he ran Manchuria as a giant concentration camp for rapid industrialisation in the 1930s, and his corporatist economic planning went on to influence Pak Chung-hee and the South Korean economic miracle under the cold war military dictatorship. His post war prime ministership was brief and ended when he was ousted by student protests after he tried to force through a treaty with America over the objections of parliament before a planned visit by Eisenhower.