William James Mitchell vs. Twin Galaxies LLC, Jeff Harrist & Jeremy Young & donkeykongforum.com, Benjamin Q Smith -

FreeHugsCheap

Incredibly huggable
kiwifarms.net
If what is claimed in Twin Galaxies' counter-suit is true then Billy and the original owner Walter Day are in very hot water. The fraud claims are pretty damning, and there is plenty of evidence put forward that shows just how much damage Billy's cheating has done the company.

I don't think Mitchel realized just how badly this would go if he made it worthwhile for Twin Galaxies to actually dig into his past. Billy better have an amazing lawyer because TG is out for blood.

Reactions: 6thRanger

nohm

kiwifarms.net
Twin Galaxies is appealing the denial of their anti-slapp motion. Billy's lawyer requested that the $82,000 bond that he only has a week left to post be stayed because all the depositions Twin Galaxies wanted him to pay for are now on hold for up to 18 months. It was denied.

1605873056612.png

Kendrick

Do not believe anything I say.
kiwifarms.net
Twin Galaxies is appealing the denial of their anti-slapp motion. Billy's lawyer requested that the $82,000 bond that he only has a week left to post be stayed because all the depositions Twin Galaxies wanted him to pay for are now on hold for up to 18 months. It was denied.

View attachment 1739035
Wait, that's highly confusing.

This is Billy's case, right? And he's the Plaintiff? He did an Ex-Parte motion to stay discovery? WTF is going on here?

And got anything about Twin Galaxy's filing? You only posted a screenshot of the judge's response to Billy.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Wait, that's highly confusing.

This is Billy's case, right? And he's the Plaintiff? He did an Ex-Parte motion to stay discovery? WTF is going on here?

And got anything about Twin Galaxy's filing? You only posted a screenshot of the judge's response to Billy.

Billy was arguing that because TG filed an appeal against the anti-SLAPP motion decision, no discovery would be done until after the appeal could be completed; also, if the appeal succeeded, then there wouldn't be any discovery at all. Ergo, there was no reason for him to put up the cash yet. The court, apparently, disagreed.

As to TG's counter-suit, there's a pretty good breakdown of the filing on the DK forums. It's not the full filing (correction: I think it actually is, just broken up between miscellaneous asides by the poster), but it does give you most of the relevant parts. I'm no lawyer, but it does smell a bit lolsuit-y to me, particularly the gimmicky request for relief and somewhat ambitious inclusion of civil RICO in the claims. Someone with more actual knowledge could probably assess the actual validity of the claims made better than I, though, so I'll reserve judgement.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kendrick

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1739035
I actually really like this judge. He has made it really rough on Billy while refusing a SLAPP motion that (imo) was not actually appropriate considering the actual legal circumstances. I think Billy actually presented a legally sufficient (i.e. colorable) case, not vulnerable to the SLAPP statute.

I guess we'll hear from an appeals court, but I think the trial court's opinion is pretty solid.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
I actually really like this judge. He has made it really rough on Billy while refusing a SLAPP motion that (imo) was not actually appropriate considering the actual legal circumstances. I think Billy actually presented a legally sufficient (i.e. colorable) case, not vulnerable to the SLAPP statute.

I guess we'll hear from an appeals court, but I think the trial court's opinion is pretty solid.
The denial of Billys motion means that he still has to put up or shut up. What happens if he doesnt?

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If he had a competent lawyer the very first question would have been "did you cheat?". If the answer is "Yes". Said competent attorney would then explain why a lawsuit would be a very bad idea. Defense discovery would be a stone cold bitch, and oh shit the liabilities.

Odds are good though this idiot lied to his attorneys like he did everyone else and maintained his innocence. From the sounds of things Twin Galaxies is holding the nuts in this hand and all he has is a busted two pair. They've even told him with a counter suit that they have him dead to rights. Be fascinating to see just how self deluded willie is.

• Agree
Reactions: Shaka Brah

Kendrick

Do not believe anything I say.
kiwifarms.net
If he had a competent lawyer the very first question would have been "did you cheat?". If the answer is "Yes". Said competent attorney would then explain why a lawsuit would be a very bad idea. Defense discovery would be a stone cold bitch, and oh shit the liabilities.

Odds are good though this idiot lied to his attorneys like he did everyone else and maintained his innocence. From the sounds of things Twin Galaxies is holding the nuts in this hand and all he has is a busted two pair. They've even told him with a counter suit that they have him dead to rights. Be fascinating to see just how self deluded willie is.
Dude started his litigations pro se THEN lawyered up. Who knows what he said to his lawyer before hiring them?

Billy's gathered a reputation of using the law as a cudgel to stop any criticism. Either the lawyer is doing this without knowing everything, or he's learning filing by filing how shitty his hand has been drawn.

• Agree
Reactions: Shaka Brah

fat ugly sped

kiwifarms.net
Billy was arguing that because TG filed an appeal against the anti-SLAPP motion decision, no discovery would be done until after the appeal could be completed; also, if the appeal succeeded, then there wouldn't be any discovery at all. Ergo, there was no reason for him to put up the cash yet. The court, apparently, disagreed.

As to TG's counter-suit, there's a pretty good breakdown of the filing on the DK forums. It's not the full filing (correction: I think it actually is, just broken up between miscellaneous asides by the poster), but it does give you most of the relevant parts. I'm no lawyer, but it does smell a bit lolsuit-y to me, particularly the gimmicky request for relief and somewhat ambitious inclusion of civil RICO in the claims. Someone with more actual knowledge could probably assess the actual validity of the claims made better than I, though, so I'll reserve judgement.

There's totally a point to have Billy put up the bond: if he has no intention of following through with the lolsuit, then the lack of bond makes things obvious and they can all stop wasting the court's time.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
There's totally a point to have Billy put up the bond: if he has no intention of following through with the lolsuit, then the lack of bond makes things obvious and they can all stop wasting the court's time.

I got the reasoning behind the decision, but I figured actually articulating the argument he was making would still be useful for the thread even if it didn't work.

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Dude started his litigations pro se THEN lawyered up. Who knows what he said to his lawyer before hiring them?
I thought he had some statute of limitations that was about to run out so he had to file before then. That's one reason someone might file pro se without being completely insane. If you then find a lawyer they can amend anything you (probably) fucked up.