Wine - or, what your favorite smelly grape water says about you.

Crass_and_Champ

Miami Weiß
kiwifarms.net
Any of you lads interested in wine? Let's talk about it- Favorite grapes, regions, styles etc. Gas station hobo wines are cool, but so are $120 fancy boi red blends. Up to you.
I've been drinking a lot of Vouvray lately because it's refreshing and kind of tastes like pears.

The Shadow

Edgy two gun mystery man
kiwifarms.net
I only like dry vermouth, and that's just because it's a martini component. I mean I've tried wines I like but I've never actually bought wine. Seems like a waste when beer is cheaper and whisky is better at everything.

Shaftie

A day old Champagne on New Year's Day
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The first time I drank wine I poured myself a full ass glass and then it was gross wine and I didn't want to finish it, so I just had to sit there while playing monopoly with friends and stare at this full glass of gross wine.

Syaoran Li

Goth Mom Resurrection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I enjoy Boone's Farm unironically, my favorite flavors being Snow Creek Berry and the classic Strawberry Hill.

Also, true to my common tastes, I enjoy Gallo's Sweet Vermouth as well as a nice Moscato or a Sweet Red.

Given my budget, I mostly drink Sutter Home, Gallo, or Spring Creek.

Spring Creek is a store brand wine sold at one of the local dollar stores in my area and it is surprisingly good. I especially like their Pink Moscato.

I mostly drink sweet wines when I drink wine, and I'll admit I have next to no experience with dry wines, but I am open to trying more dry wines as well.

Last edited:
  • TMI
Reactions: Tugboat Captain

ChikoForce

kiwifarms.net
I have a love/hate relationship with wine. On the one hand, it usually gets me pretty drunk. On the other hand, it tastes like absolute shit and makes me want to vomit. :/

• Feels
Reactions: Tugboat Captain

Cable 7

kiwifarms.net
On the topic of wine, anyone try that blue wine that's been making the rounds? The French are reeeeeally upset about it becasue it's "not even wine"

Gazed too deep

The more I see, the more I regret.
kiwifarms.net
Uhhhh... Vella brand box wine because I'm trash and it's cheap. Usually the white zinfidel.

TwoDollarPeePeePooPoo

I'm not gonna read that
kiwifarms.net
Currently enjoying this fine example of Albariño from Rias Baixas.
large_2723-wine-id.png
It's so perfectly dry and when paired with seafood it takes the entire meal to a whole new level. Highly recommended.

• Informative
Reactions: kazuhiro

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whites I like a French Sauvignon Blanc, like a Sancerre or Poulet Fume. New Zealand Sauv from the Marlborough region is over rated cat piss, although there is another region that produces some decent wine (forget which). Reds, I like Amarone or a big Burgundy. Shiraz is not wine, more like an alcoholic fruit juice for twelve year olds.
I also make wine at home from kits: some of it is quite decent.

Tags
None