Winnie the Pooh Voice Actor Accused of Sexual Assault, Animal Abuse -

Kiwi Lime Pie

Tasteful in all Spring weather. 🥝
kiwifarms.net
(Un?) ironically, Jim Cummings also voiced the pirate Hondo Ohnaka in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. In one episode, Hondo tells a captured - and teenaged - Ahsoka Tano she is to be sold to someone who has a "thing" for female Jedi. If Jim is revelead to have done any of the things of which he's been accused, that scene might be a prophetic and unintended foreshadowing of the voice actor's offline creepiness.

It's by his ex-wife (red flag, especially since she waited years after their divorce), taking it with a grain of salt until proven otherwise. Court documents, it says? Where's the court documents where she stated this? They were still seeing and talking to each other after their divorce? Well then why didn't she report him if he was groping her?
I share the sentiments that the best thing to do is to let the process play out before making any judgement.

As much as abuse victims deserve the support and justice they need to move forward, the current trends of
  • Listen and believe,
  • Delayed regrets where something consensual or initially dismissed as no big deal later become something awful and non-con,
  • Terms such as rape and assault being redefined by victims to mean what they want them to instead of having precise legal definitions,
  • Guilty upon accusation - especially with years-old claims lacking corroboration and appearing dubious at best, and
  • Tarnishing the accused's reputation and/or livelihood immediately without waiting for a determination of guilt or credibility
Are all cause for concern. One hopes that this is resolved one way or the other as quickly as possible for the sake of all parties.

Blue Jerkop

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At least they say that there's police report, that's unusual in these situations. I'd really like to see exactly what it says, though.
The fact that she made such allegations and he was not even charged (which does not require a very high standard of evidence) would suggest her claims were not credulous. I'm not willing to immediately assume she's lying but with all these claims there should really be some actual evidence involved.

Clop

kiwifarms.net
Every time I read one of these I can no longer shake that one fucking thing some psychiatrist feller brought up; The kids who are constantly mentioned again and again. The kids are just another way to leverage sympathy, the mother doesn't even see them as people, just as means to an end.

It tends to fall apart if you simply ask how it made them feel to have their kids go through that situation with an abusive spouse - how'd it make you feel when your inaction and powerlessness put your kids in danger? A normal person would feel guilty, that's a sane response. A sociopath will just get mad that you're "blaming the victim."

Archeops

Always mystified by the "plots" of dangerhairs
kiwifarms.net
Wow... I knew Pete was a bad guy, but I NEVER saw him as a bad guy. /s

One thing I noticed is that 4chan's /co/ has been going completely apeshit over this. You've got people who are sick of the #MeToo movement, people who are shouting "LISTEN AND BELIEVE YOU MISOGYNISTIC SHITLORDS!" constantly, and people citing the Vic Mignogna case as what might happen to old Jim (sans killing Disney of course, The Mouse is like the media equivalent of The Grimace), and you can't tell who's being genuine and who's being a niggly little shitposter. Another is that /co/ is using multiple media outlets to find news, most notably is this article from The Blast that has a VERY interesting quote from Jim's ex-wife.
Archive: http://archive.li/c3ulg
Jim's ex-wife said:
Jim is a “much smaller version of Harvey Weinstein,” who needs help for his alleged addictions.
Like we saw with the Vic Mignogna case, comparing the guy your accusing to the ORIGINAL MAIN TARGET OF THE #MeToo MOVEMENT puts a LOT of weight onto your claims, some of which WILL come back to bite down and rip off a big chunk of your ass later on.

Also, given how widespread Jim is in the animation industry it's going o be REALLY difficult for companies to scrub him from their IPs. Disney alone has him voicing a plethora of characters that, unlike Tony Anselmo's Donald, can't be redubbed with other actors unless they want to spend A LOT of money.

Helicopter Pad

Mingebag
kiwifarms.net
Obviously a load of bullshit set up by his ex-wife and her lawyer, I hope they don't throw the Pooh into the loo over this but like others have said I don't think they can afford to throw Jim Cunnings under the bus over some generic #MeToo bullshit so I imagine Disney will be more concerned with proving his innocence than jumping on the "YAAAS BELIEVE WOMEN!!" bandwagon.
That being said I didn't even really see this as a #MeToo thing since this shit happens all the time in divorce court, it's one of the main tactics for the lawyers to have the ex-wife claim they were domestically/sexually abused, to me all I saw was just another case of "ex-wife in divorce court says whatever her lawyer wants her to say".

Tryphaena

Don't fall asleep or we'll mutilate your genitals
kiwifarms.net
I dunno what to think on this one. What I do know is that these things need to stop being a media circus. We shouldn't even know about any of this shit until after a trial has taken place and a verdict is handed down. It's not doing women who want to report sexual assault ANY favors. Many of these cases could very well be true. But putting it out with the journalist stank applied only makes people want to say it's bullshit. When other people crawl out of the woodwork left and right to get a piece of the 15 minutes of fame, we just get more annoyed. And it carries over to stories of women who aren't accusing celebrities. It gives some of us a knee jerk reaction where we're immediately skeptical of the accuser before another word comes out. We're so sick of seeing and hearing it.

People have been lying about rape for ages. But now it's becoming profitable. This is wrong. I guess since there wasn't an actual rape culture, they had to drum one up. Might not be the one they've been crowing about, but damn it they got one. Success, I guess?

sperginity

defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
so she filed a 2013 police report about being raped by her husband for funsies? that's the argument here?

So the guy is a violent rapist, but when he asks to stay the night at your house you let him? I don't think so, Tim.
it sounded to me like the mom slept next to the daughters because she was sure that he wouldn't try anything in front of them. then he did anyway.

if you are familiar with domestic violence cases this sounds like the kind of shit that happens. the wife was trying to let the kids have a relationship with their dad and he did this in response. She filed a bunch of police reports at different points in time to back up her side of the story. I know an anime voice actor got falsely accused of things by co workers with no corroborating evidence but that has nothing to do with a winnie the poo voice actor getting accused by a wife fleeing him after having gone to the police more than once.

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
Un?) ironically, Jim Cummings also voiced the pirate Hondo Ohnaka in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. In one episode, Hondo tells a captured - and teenaged - Ahsoka Tano she is to be sold to someone who has a "thing" for female Jedi. If Jim is revelead to have done any of the things of which he's been accused, that scene might be a prophetic and unintended foreshadowing of the voice actor's offline creepiness.
Personally I'd go with Splatterhouse where he played the sadistic Terror Mask.

Tryphaena

Don't fall asleep or we'll mutilate your genitals
kiwifarms.net
it sounded to me like the mom slept next to the daughters because she was sure that he wouldn't try anything in front of them. then he did anyway.

if you are familiar with domestic violence cases this sounds like the kind of shit that happens. the wife was trying to let the kids have a relationship with their dad and he did this in response. She filed a bunch of police reports at different points in time to back up her side of the story. I know an anime voice actor got falsely accused of things by co workers with no corroborating evidence but that has nothing to do with a winnie the poo voice actor getting accused by a wife fleeing him after having gone to the police more than once.
This is exactly what I meant in my other post. I was guilty too just now. Instead of getting details I (and a lot of others, it seems) immediately went "oh god not this shit again". Thank you for throwing the part in earlier about the 2013 report as well. This current climate is just awful for women who aren't the screeching vocal minority.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino