Artcow WogglebugLoveProductions / Cynthia Hanson -

• The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

PsychoNerd054

Reporter of the Double Posts
kiwifarms.net
And @Deadpool the girl's name is Sylvie, not Sophie. And I am sorry you do not like the voice of the Wogglebug but it actually does make me smile and that is all that matters as far as I'm concerned.
One of the 22 rules of storytelling from Pixar is: "You gotta keep in mind what’s interesting to you as an audience, not what’s fun to do as a writer. They can be v. different." and for good reason. It's usually a terrible idea, especially when you're working on a project for an audience, to just go with the shit you find cool, while everyone else is clearly gonna hate it. In other words, don't just make movies for yourself if you want others to enjoy it too.

Last edited:

The Un-Clit

Can you find it? come on in, look closer!
kiwifarms.net
Okay, last night I subjected myself to this movie along with @NIGGO KILLA and @Kyria the Great, because I hate myself.
I have a basic outline of this movie prepared (note that I was drinking during this so things may be a bit fuzzy)
  • Our movie starts by introducing us to our kinda-main character, Sylvie (or as I'm calling her from now on, Bug Sperg). Bug Sperg is described as a shy girl who doesn't do well with her peers, but is actually really wise and intelligent and special. I wonder who this could be a self-insert of?
  • Bug Sperg lives in...foster care? And orphanage? Maybe some kind of kid farm? Point is, Badtouch McBrowncoat, some random guy, adopts her. Or fosters her? It's not really explained. That plot thread gets resolved rather quickly.
  • The next day, Bug Sperg is in school. There is a substitute teacher who will now be known as Count Chocula, due to his terrible Eastern-European accent. Count Chocula gives the class magnifying glasses and tells them to run around outside looking for shit. Bug Sperg finds a bug and dubs it a new species...because I guess an 8 year old has enough training to determine if a specimen is a new species?
  • She takes it back to Count Chocula and names it a Wogglebug. FORESHADOWING!
  • Bug Sperg gets adopted by Badtouch McBrowncoat and his wife, and has a wonderful perfect happy new home. This probably should have gone at the end of the movie, to make, like, tension or a character arc or something?
  • Bug Sperg goes into the attic and finds a painting. She is then transported to a magical realm and meets our main character, the Wogglebug. Remember how I said that Bug Sperg was kinda the main character? The Wogglebug is the real main character, as he's the focus of the goddamn movie and the only one who has any attempt at a character arc.
  • I must consume your soul.
  • The Wogglebug tells his story, about how he was once a simple bug living in a classroom. Then, one day, Professor Knowitall, the 'smartest person in the world', granted him sentience and made him human-sized for no discernible reason, like a mad god.
  • Somehow, the Wogglebug is now Highly Educated. He gets a nice new suit and Professor Knowitall sets him loose upon an unsuspecting world, as he doesn't want to deal with the giant cockroach any more.
  • Wogglebug sets out to gain acceptance in a land that hates and fears him, by going to the King of the land (who I'm calling Robert Baratheon, since he looks like a crude attempt to make a GoT character in GMod).
  • Still better than Season 8.
  • Bug Sperg and Frankenroach set off to King's Landing. Understandably, King Baratheon is not too impressed with the giant cockroach, and tells him to fuck off. Unless, of course, he can complete a magical mystical quest of wonder. He needs to go talk to some oak trees to learn about the dark evil that threatens the land.
  • Nothing Freudian about these trees at all
  • The Wood-bearing trees reveal the source of the Evil: Aztec George Soros, a big-nosed, short, swarthy, power-mad, greedy gnome priest with a gay-New York jew voice who wants to implement a New World Order and change the forest from it's natural state. This movie is redpilled on the Gnomish Question.
  • The movie's villain, the autistic fear of change in the form of Le Happy Merchant.
  • George Soros quickly proves to be the best character in the film, due to his hilarious voice acting and goofy antics. He does some typical evil gloating and then poofs away.
  • Bug Sperg and Frankenroach wander off to recruit the elves to join their Shoah.
  • This is what the elves look like by the way.
    Like Chinese knock-off versions of Link, with dead eyes and yaoi hands.
  • There's some boring talking shit and we meet the fairy queen. One of the elves, who I'm calling Loink, joins up with Bug Sperg and Frankenroach.
  • The party goes to recruit the Pixie division of the SS.
    The Tinkerbell Blow-up-Dolls join their party.
  • Loink and Tonkerbull argue about racial supremacy until Bug Sperg tells them to knock it off, as they still need to resolve the Gnomish Question. Loink and Tonkerbull agree, and disappear from the rest of the movie, because Cynthia ran out of money to pay their voice actors.
  • There is very bizarre scene where Bug Sperg and Frankenroach walk into a cave and see George Soros talking to a ball of light, in which he reveals that he's actually working for the voice in the ball of light, and is just a minion. Bug Sperg and co make no reaction to this, and it is never brought up again.
  • Frankenroach and Bug Sperg recruit some furries to their campaign.
    They're supposed to be Bigfoots, because Bigfoot is a well-known staple of fantasy settings.
  • The party then meet Tree Thot. She serves no purpose other than to flash tree-tits
  • Frankenroach and Bug Sperg then go to recruit the Mermaids, who apparently live in a foot-deep pond in the middle of a field. George Soros shows up for more evil gloating, and trolls Wogglebug into tardraging, and freezes the mermaids.
  • Bug Sperg and Wogglebug continue onwards into an evil forest full of Kiwi Trees, who mock them. The Kiwi Trees shatter Wogglebug's heart level by pointing out that his arrogance and temper allowed George Soros to mess with him. Wogglebug crashes into slumber, only for Bug Sperg to teach him the lesson of the movie: When people present you with criticism, just ignore them! You're perfect the way you are, and they're all mean haters! Introspection and self-improvement are for losers!
  • They get past the forest and meet up with the rest of the gang for the Final Solution. Bug Sperg touches a dead tree and causes it to rise as Treebeard. This Dues ex Machina shoots sap all over George Soros, imprisoning him forever. Problem solved.
  • For finding the Final Solution to the Gnomish question, King Baratheon awards Wogglebug with full citizenship, and makes him Chief Adviser. One has to wonder as to the amount of royal inbreeding required to appoint a talking cockroach as your national adviser.
  • Professor Knowitall shows up and, TWIST!, he was the substitute teacher, Count Chocula, from the beginning of the film! Bug Sperg was the chosen one or some bullshit due to finding the bug at the start of the movie.
  • Bug Sperg returns home, but Wogglebug promises that they'll have more adventures later :tomgirl:
  • And that's the film. Good lord it was a mess.
My sides, I'm dying here! This shit makes "Food Fight" look like fucking Avatar.

GodBear Bless you @EurocopterTigre for archiving this and for the Mega link. I am saving this until my bro comes over and we watch this well lubricated with vodka. This is gonna be 'Heroes of Wrestling' kind of horribad, the kind that the booze smoothes over so perfectly making for a howlingly funny experience. :-)

Last edited:

PTNR 2.0

[showering intensifies]
kiwifarms.net
Because as far as I'm concerned making him as completely likable as possible (flaws and all) is being exactly true to his roots.
And I am sorry you do not like the voice of the Wogglebug but it actually does make me smile and that is all that matters as far as I'm concerned.
Here's some more advice you won't listen to: You can't have a character be as broadly appealing as possible if, time after time, you continue to defer to your own idiosyncratic preferences because, if you do that, you are by definition only trying to appeal to one person: yourself, rather than as broad an audience as possible.

The same autism that saw you sending money to a Nigerian scammer out of naivety is also preventing you from understanding that others may not share your view that the character is perfect as-is due to not being able to empathize with the thoughts and feelings of others.

scorptatious

Lord of the Shitters
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@scorptatious I am not going to rewrite my script and series in that way. Because as far as I'm concerned making him as completely likable as possible (flaws and all) is being exactly true to his roots. Which is how I portray him in the prequel "The Incredible Tale of Mr. Wogglebug." And I plan to explain this while showing both scripts to a certain writer on Fiverr who helps people rewrite their screenplays like a pro for $50 as his premium package. He is out of office right now fulfilling orders but he says he will be back on August 1st and it should be then I will have at least $50 to spend.

And @Deadpool the girl's name is Sylvie, not Sophie. And I am sorry you do not like the voice of the Wogglebug but it actually does make me smile and that is all that matters as far as I'm concerned.
I mean more so in terms of how he's perceived in the world he's in. From an audience perspective, he could be seen as sort of a source of comedy. He could probably be the kind of character that would show off to Sylvie how smart he is but ends up doing something stupid instead.

That scene where he kept making puns and using wordplay with those animal guys? They should be annoyed and offended by him and as a result not take him seriously. Wogglebug would then look back on that experience and realize there is a time and place to say that kind of stuff.

Basically, he would be like Sylvie: A child trying to understand the world around him. His goal is to be accepted by other people right? So wouldn't it make sense to have some sort of internal conflict or major flaw that gets in the way of that goal? That's something that a lot of people, including those who have trouble with social skills can relate to and appreciate.

Also, why not just rewrite your screenplay yourself? Wouldn't it be more satisfying to improve your craft?

Coelacanth

Your local shitposting living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Wow. just wow.

I deliberately avoided this thread until I'd gotten the chance to sit down and watch the movie for myself. It was... an experience.

I know for a fact that Cynthia's either going to completely ignore my commentary or see it as more trolling/an untruthful opinion, so I'll put down my thoughts for my fellow kiwis instead because I enjoy reading what other's have said about this... thing... and maybe they'll enjoy mine (or not).

I've seen a lot of bad movies in my time, but I don't think I've ever seen something quite like this. I am by no means an angry machild cartoon sperg, but this thing really got under my skin. Sure, I laughed at how horrendously bad it is, but from a critical standpoint every single rule of good film-making was broken, whereas most bad films like The Room usually get at least one right.

The animation reminds me an awful lot of pamtri's animations but not made ironically - hell, the bootleg Lunks from Pennsylvania and bootleg angel Tinkerbelles look like something he would use in his joke videos. Even then most of the "animation" in this movie is just characters standing and expositing to the audience, and when they do move it's cheap and lazy. A scene that comes to mind is when the Wogglebug and Sylvie are walking away from the castle and begin walking on thin air because they've reached the end of the set. I've seen GMod movies made better than this -I've seen crappy flash animations done better than this. The songs were awful, out of tune and I just skipped past them whenever they appeared to spare my ears. The biggest offenders were of course the story and the characters - I think nearly everyone was as flat as cardboard. Wogglebug came off as annoying, pervy and unfunny. Sylvie was bland and as a lot of the kiwis here have pointed out, is clearly meant to be a self-insert of Cynthia. I won't diss the kid who voiced Sylvie though - I won't be surprised if her mom made her do it because it was gonna make her famous or something, which is out of the kid's control if so. But most of the voice acting just made me laugh - I couldn't take anybody seriously.

I won't be surprised if she puts another creature be it a fish like my avatar or another mocking tree in her next "production" based off of my comments here (as I'm sure many of you will probably find). I lost it when she put the farms in as those trees. It was like when Chris used to turn mall security guards and managers into Jerkops and Manajerks so that he can beat them up and tell them how wrong and dumb they are. The only possible way I could recommend this is if you're armed with booze or drugs (or both if you're that hardcore) and are willing to get hammered into next week to get through this trash.

I will say this, though - the absolute highlights for me would be seeing Mr Wogglebug spoon with Sylvie complete with a panty shot, seeing the tree nymph's tits(I nearly choked on my drink when I saw those uncensored hooters) and the damage control the 3 or 4 voice "actors" were trying to achieve in the shoutbox towards the end. That was fuckin' hillarious.

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
What do you want Wogglebug to be - a film for your own enjoyment which you can feel accomplished for having made, and you watch it to make you happy; or part of a larger franchise with mass appeal?
Making something like this for either reason is completely fine, but if it's the latter you might want to listen to feedback.

Cynthia, can I make a suggestion? When you hire a re-writer off Fiverr, give them the emails of your voice cast. Have nothing to do with the script, and let the writer/editor do their thing and send the script off to the actors. They'll send you the recordings, and you can animate around these.

Do you know what a lot of "big name" directors do when they want to make a film? They hire a writer, and tell them what the film should be, the story, things that needed to be included, stuff like that ... and then they leave the script writing to the script writer. Things might change on set, but the director usually follows what's on the page.

Reactions: Sperghetti

DrainRedRain

you're not real fuck you
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Holy fucking shit, I admire the people here trying to give some constructive criticism, because this fat retard is beyond any reason. I don't have the patience and will to discuss how this ''movie'' is complete garbage and will never see the inside of some movie theater or the average household. Really, it's pointless to try to reason with her, she's very clearly mentally ill and in need of other type of help (like heavy meds and a caretaker). The last thing she needs is making a movie, she needs sedation and a padded cell.

Her poor mother, probably working her ass off for her autistic daughter spend it all on nog scammers and fiverr ''writers''

Also the part where she says ''I like Patrick because he speaks to me as if he was Wooglewhatever'' is creepy as hell, jesus.

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
@scorptatious I am not going to rewrite my script and series in that way. Because as far as I'm concerned making him as completely likable as possible (flaws and all) is being exactly true to his roots. Which is how I portray him in the prequel "The Incredible Tale of Mr. Wogglebug." And I plan to explain this while showing both scripts to a certain writer on Fiverr who helps people rewrite their screenplays like a pro for $50 as his premium package. He is out of office right now fulfilling orders but he says he will be back on August 1st and it should be then I will have at least $50 to spend.

Firstly Wogglebug was loathed in the Oz books for being a smug pompous ass who really needed to get off his high horse. Secondly while there are creators who claim to make things just for themselves to enjoy (Frank Zappa being an example) they still usually make the effort to make it so anyone can still get enjoyment out of it. If Frank Zappa acted the way you do his entire discography would be nothing but Thing-Fish albums which would mean he'd probably be in your situation.

Something you need to really do is to decide what Wogglebug is to you: Is he going to be a series to delight young and old?; or is he your equivalent of Linus Van Pelt's Security Blanket. Given what you've posted in these past 153 pages it's very apparent he's your security blanket and as such I would strongly suggest you drop the franchise aspects and just write stories for yourself about Wogglebug. If Henry Darger wasn't going to make The Realms of the Unreal into a franchise, you don't have to make WoggleBug one.

PeckingOrder

I don't believe my own hype
kiwifarms.net
If Henry Darger wasn't going to make The Realms of the Unreal into a franchise, you don't have to make WoggleBug one.
Are you sure you want to compare her to Henry Darger? I mean, the man was an utter weirdo, but he worked his entire life, didn’t waste his money on frivolous shit and give it to scammers, and had actual honest to god talent.

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
Are you sure you want to compare her to Henry Darger? I mean, the man was an utter weirdo, but he worked his entire life, didn’t waste his money on frivolous shit and give it to scammers, and had actual honest to god talent.
Believe me as a huge admirer of Darger's work it pained me to make that comparison, but it's the closest I could get.

• Feels
Reactions: PeckingOrder

WogglebugLover

kiwifarms.net
@8777BB5 The opinions of the Oz fans that reflect those of the Oz characters around the Wogglebug are not my concern. I will not ever write to appeal to them if I can help it. You can watch my 7th Vlog on YouTube in which I clarify what I mean much more precisely. I also tried to convey this in the film by having the three animal-headed nobles by named after Oz authors. My first and foremost idea is to keep Wogglebug as separated from Oz as possible.

@scorptatious It's not that I wouldn't love to fully write and rewrite my own draft of the screenplay. But I suppose after letting Richard do so much rewriting for me (which I now can't use without paying a fortune for) it changed me and my confidence in my abilities. I mostly finished and released the latest version of the movie because I felt it was my duty since Patrick thought we were done and I also had received an email from Zoey Bank's mother saying that Zoey was eager to see the finished film. And I actually had a few people who read both scripts say they liked the new version better. And when I asked Patrick if he thought I was a good writer he replied, "You are a very good writer. You don't need anyone else's writing to make yours believable and natural."

Maybe that was true in years long ago. But now I feel I may just need more guidance in getting the best script I can possibly have. And which is why I've just sent a message to that screenwriter on Fiverr detailing what I need from him. And he does claim to be an award winning writer with some produced films, and he has also a solid 5 star rating with 152 reviews from extremely happy customers. So I'm willing to at least get his opinions and advice if not have him be a co-writer on a whole new draft as I am hoping for and which is what his premium package is for.

I don't know yet if I'll do another IClone version of the film, as I don't want to pressure Patrick. But I will certainly have the best film possible by the time it is in the hands of a studio exec to be made into live action.

Qi Meng Dealer

No one's idea of a hot date
kiwifarms.net
And I am sorry you do not like the voice of the Wogglebug but it actually does make me smile and that is all that matters as far as I'm concerned.
If you're making this for your own amusement, sure, go for it. But if you think this way and assume everyone will like what you like, that is sheer arrogance. Very few directors can truly be considered auteurs, able to create their films the way they want to and have it become critical successes. You're not Kubrick, at least not with your current output and creative decisions.

For everyone else, it's a collaborative process between fellow creatives working on the film, and it means losing your ego and accept some changes to your movie if it means it'll stand a better chance of commercial success, which is what you're looking for. This isn't just a script rewrite issue. It's an animation issue. It's a voice acting issue. It's a character design issue. Even just the numerous small oversights like Mr. Bad Touch Dad being shown with his crotch on Sylvie's face or Wogglebug spooning with a flashing Sylvie that you didn't even notice or bother to change.

Until you learn to lose the ego and accept that so much of your film needs to be changed to even make it remotely viable as a product, anything you do is all for naught and you're only making the film for your own enjoyment and no one else's while wasting your relatives' hard-earned money in the process.

scorptatious

Lord of the Shitters
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@8777BB5 The opinions of the Oz fans that reflect those of the Oz characters around the Wogglebug are not my concern. I will not ever write to appeal to them if I can help it. You can watch my 7th Vlog on YouTube in which I clarify what I mean much more precisely. I also tried to convey this in the film by having the three animal-headed nobles by named after Oz authors. My first and foremost idea is to keep Wogglebug as separated from Oz as possible.

@scorptatious It's not that I wouldn't love to fully write and rewrite my own draft of the screenplay. But I suppose after letting Richard do so much rewriting for me (which I now can't use without paying a fortune for) it changed me and my confidence in my abilities. I mostly finished and released the latest version of the movie because I felt it was my duty since Patrick thought we were done and I also had received an email from Zoey Bank's mother saying that Zoey was eager to see the finished film. And I actually had a few people who read both scripts say they liked the new version better. And when I asked Patrick if he thought I was a good writer he replied, "You are a very good writer. You don't need anyone else's writing to make yours believable and natural."

Maybe that was true in years long ago. But now I feel I may just need more guidance in getting the best script I can possibly have. And which is why I've just sent a message to that screenwriter on Fiverr detailing what I need from him. And he does claim to be an award winning writer with some produced films, and he has also a solid 5 star rating with 152 reviews from extremely happy customers. So I'm willing to at least get his opinions and advice if not have him be a co-writer on a whole new draft as I am hoping for and which is what his premium package is for.

I don't know yet if I'll do another IClone version of the film, as I don't want to pressure Patrick. But I will certainly have the best film possible by the time it is in the hands of a studio exec to be made into live action.
Alienating potential audience members, especially if they're fans of previous works your character is based on, is never a good business strategy. Just look at the recent Star Wars films.

And Patrick was being paid by you yes? So why wouldn't he say your writing is good? It would be kind of stupid of him to say anything bad about your writing, he's just the guy paid to act out the lines.

On here, there are no biases. So many people on here have a lot of expeirence with writing and have given you advice that you haven't taken. Even the best writers need to be told that they might need to change things in order to improve their work or make it more marketable.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino