Artcow WogglebugLoveProductions / Cynthia Hanson -

WogglebugLover

kiwifarms.net
You have 6 members, counting yourself. And the other 5 are probably Kiwis trying to see if there's anything worth screen shoting. These people don't exist.
You're wrong. At least one of them I talk to on Skype on a daily basis because we've been friends since 2006. And one of them posted in the forum saying she became a fan from watching my movie. And I do currently have 132 subscribers of my Youtube channel.

Rabbit Bones

If he fuck me good I take his ass to Red Lobster
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're wrong. At least one of them I talk to on Skype on a daily basis because we've been friends since 2006. And one of them posted in the forum saying she became a fan from watching my movie. And I do currently have 132 subscribers of my Youtube channel.
So you've been doing this at least 13 years, and have one dyed in the wool fan. Grats. Maybe in like, 300 years, you could actually start to make a little money off of this.

The Un-Clit

Can you find it? come on in, look closer!
kiwifarms.net
Who told you to ditch the Nigerian fraudster?
And just gave 2 to 3 better suggestions to have fixed the Dicktrees?

Seriously @WogglebugLover if you could bear the sarcasm and shitposting about 50ft fire-breathing Wogglebugs and actually listened to the GOOD advice given here, which is a lot, even if you have to swallow some pride, you could write a FAR better Wogglebug movie then the abortion you shat out (which I am currently holding back to show my best friend and fellow psychonaut until our 1-week get together with several 220-mike tabs of LSD and record his reaction to it which I will post here if I can.) and probably in about half the time as well.

Golly

[warbles internally]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe. But I will gain more members over time with patience and persistence. The next movie may bring more in.
The entire Wogglebug franchise, such as it is, to date has garnered you those six. While the next movie could bring you more attention, without any marketing, you have no chance. The marketing paths you've chosen have been extremely limiting and convoluted.

You have two options from what I can see, and I know many others on this forum have told you as well:
  1. Accept existing criticism (ie. not make excuses) and hone the Wogglebug stories/movies so that they meet the criteria for standard children's entertainment. Use this work as proof of concept when showing this to producers (real people you can confirm with the help of your critics) and then follow the advice of people already in the children's entertainment/education market to make even more changes. Market, market, market and do not gatekeep Woggy for "true fans".

2. Keep everything as is, revise nothing, and follow your heart. Do adhere to critics warning about "producers". Accept that you may have a bizarre franchise with potential cult appeal. Market towards that and do not gatekeep Woggy for "true fans".
No matter what, you need to stop gatekeeping if you want to attract any kind of audience.

Last edited:

WogglebugLover

kiwifarms.net
I know @Golly is right. And I likely should have already made the forums public some time ago. And I know how important marketing is for anything. And while the writer I hired on Fiverr has agreed to start working with me this Wednesday and he says he has experience in writing children films, what are some things you think I could do differently with the movie to appeal to my target audience?

howyadoin

cool cat from a bland show
kiwifarms.net
And while the writer I hired on Fiverr has agreed to start working with me this Wednesday and he says he has experience in writing children films, what are some things you think I could do differently with the movie to appeal to my target audience?
Does the Fiverr writer have a portfolio for his writing? What children's titles he has written for? How well are they received by critics? Have you at least seen some samples of his children's writing?

Aside from getting to know the writer, you should get some focus groups consisting of both children (the core audience) and parents (who care about what gets into their childrens' heads).

MerriedxReldnahc

#1 Wogglebug Fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was just in a bit of a hurry when I made my latest vlog.

I noticed a couple new members. Did anyone besides @MerriedxReldnahc sign up for my forums?
Is there a reason I'm already banned? I tried to log in and just got a message saying access was blocked by the site owner. I made zero comments or threads. I would think that my work on a Wogglebug fan movie of my own would grant me true and honest Wogglebug fan status and allow me to participate in discussion. Sad!

WogglebugLover

kiwifarms.net
Is there a reason I'm already banned? I tried to log in and just got a message saying access was blocked by the site owner. I made zero comments or threads. I would think that my work on a Wogglebug fan movie of my own would grant me true and honest Wogglebug fan status and allow me to participate in discussion. Sad!
Because according to your posts here you are making it for the Kiwis as a project for them to enjoy and not for me to enjoy. The content you described would be in it is in accordance with the new thread about making a parody of my movie to just piss me off. And I just don't want to see it or have it terrorizing my true fans and friends on my own website forums.

MerriedxReldnahc

#1 Wogglebug Fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because according to your posts here you are making it for the Kiwis as a project for them to enjoy and not for me to enjoy. The content you described would be in it is in accordance with the new thread about making a parody of my movie to just piss me off. And I just don't want to see it or have it terrorizing my true fans and friends on my own website forums.
Where did I say that it was specifically to upset you? I want to make a fun Wogglebug movie for the enjoyment of many people and to experiment with different animation styles. It would certainly not be "terrorizing" anyone. Also how do you know you wouldn't enjoy it unless you see it?

WogglebugLover

kiwifarms.net
Where did I say that it was specifically to upset you? I want to make a fun Wogglebug movie for the enjoyment of many people and to experiment with different animation styles. It would certainly not be "terrorizing" anyone. Also how do you know you wouldn't enjoy it unless you see it?
You said you planned to make him 50 ft tall and breathing fire at some point, and it posted this in the thread of remaking my movie to piss me off.

Golly

[warbles internally]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know @Golly is right. And I likely should have already made the forums public some time ago. And I know how important marketing is for anything. And while the writer I hired on Fiverr has agreed to start working with me this Wednesday and he says he has experience in writing children films, what are some things you think I could do differently with the movie to appeal to my target audience?
I haven't been so heavily involved in this thread over the past couple of years so I'm not totally sure what kind of social media presence you've attempted yet. It's one of the simplest ways to market yourself and gain a following. I also don't know your level of comfort with these sites, but they will likely get you attention more effectively than your previous efforts. Twitter and Instagram are common way for creatives in general to network (both with each other and their audiences). LinkedIn is good for strict business affiliation, but there is less room for creative marketing strategies here and is mostly for connections to people working in the field of your choosing.

I would recommend accounts for Wogglebug and yourself. Your account is your professional identity and promoting the Wogglebug. The Wogglebug account, while linking to your account, primarily is for showing what the Wogglebug is about. You can post about the project, and also focus on branding. Branding is all about making associations between the Wogglebug and what you would like him to be. Positive messages/lessons and reposting from other child-friendly/entertainment accounts (widely recognized or otherwise), even boosting child-centered charity organizations would help cultivate your desired audience very well. You can also interact with followers who comment on your posts in this manner.

In social media, especially as a branding platform, it is absolutely imperative that you keep positive. In the face of people who aren't nice, your best option is to ignore (99% of the time this is all that is needed). If you need to post about something negative (only in the instance of bad PR that cannot be ignored and is actively effecting you), it is imperative that you do not blame others or try to sweep your actions (as applicable) under the rug. Inflammatory subject matter like politics and religion is also to be avoided. Children's media and characters are normally expected to not have strong affiliations with either. This means that antitheistic statements are out of the question.

This was kind of a long post and I'm not sure how much of this has been covered previously, but I hope there was something in here that can be helpful to you,

WogglebugLover

kiwifarms.net
I haven't been so heavily involved in this thread over the past couple of years so I'm not totally sure what kind of social media presence you've attempted yet. It's one of the simplest ways to market yourself and gain a following. I also don't know your level of comfort with these sites, but they will likely get you attention more effectively than your previous efforts. Twitter and Instagram are common way for creatives in general to network. LinkedIn is good for strict business affiliation, but there is less room for creative marketing strategies here and is mostly for connections to people working in the field of your choosing.

I would recommend accounts for Wogglebug and yourself. Your account is your professional identity and promoting the Wogglebug. The Wogglebug account, while linking to your account, primarily is for showing what the Wogglebug is about. You can post about the project, and also focus on branding. Branding is all about making associations between the Wogglebug and what you would like him to be. Positive messages/lessons and reposting from other child-friendly/entertainment accounts (widely recognized or otherwise), even boosting child-centered charity organizations would help cultivate your desired audience very well. You can also interact with followers who comment on your posts in this manner.

In social media, especially as a branding platform, it is absolutely imperative that you keep positive. In the face of people who aren't nice, your best option is to ignore (99% of the time this is all that is needed). If you need to post about something negative (only in the instance of bad PR that cannot be ignored and is actively effecting you), it is imperative that you do not blame others or try to sweep your actions (as applicable) under the rug. Inflammatory subject matter like politics and religion is also to be avoided. Children's media and characters are normally expected to not have strong affiliations with either. This means that antitheistic statements are out of the question.

This was kind of a long post and I'm not sure how much of this has been covered previously, but I hope there was something in here that can be helpful to you,
Thank you @Golly. I have accounts at those and I'll just try using them more often. I mainly use Facebook which has proven to be useful for me in the past.

Golly

[warbles internally]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thank you @Golly. I have accounts at those and I'll just try using them more often. I mainly use Facebook which has proven to be useful for me in the past.
It's a good start. A lot of people choose to use more than just a Facebook, though. Sometimes social media sites and even accounts can go down, so it's always good to build a base on multiple platforms so there's never a lapse in communication. It's also good to account for people who have an active social media account in some sites but not others. Not everyone uses Facebook regularly anymore, especially as Zuckberberg is getting increasingly bad PR and Instagram is incredibly popular right now.

WogglebugLover

kiwifarms.net
It's a good start. A lot of people choose to use more than just a Facebook, though. Sometimes social media sites and even accounts can go down, so it's always good to build a base on multiple platforms so there's never a lapse in communication. It's also good to account for people who have an active social media account in some sites but not others. Not everyone uses Facebook regularly anymore, especially as Zuckberberg is getting increasingly bad PR and Instagram is incredibly popular right now.
I currently have 132 followers on my Instagram. I'll try to make more posts there. I've only made 5 so far. One reason is it's slightly complicated to post just from my laptop since I don't have a phone right now.

Golly

[warbles internally]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I currently have 132 followers on my Instagram. I'll try to make more posts there. I've only made 5 so far. One reason is it's slightly complicated to post just from my laptop since I don't have a phone right now.
132 isn't a bad starting following. You can also draw them to your forum.
Having an email presence will also help you. Mailchimp is a well-known site for creating mass newsletters for business engagement. It's fairly intuitive to use and does not require coding knowledge. I don't know what kind of packages they offer, but newsletter generation is good to look into.

WogglebugLover

kiwifarms.net
132 isn't a bad starting following. You can also draw them to your forum.
Having an email presence will also help you. Mailchimp is a well-known site for creating mass newsletters for business engagement. It's fairly intuitive to use and does not require coding knowledge. I don't know what kind of packages they offer, but newsletter generation is good to look into.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out.

Reactions: howyadoin and Golly

The Un-Clit

Can you find it? come on in, look closer!
kiwifarms.net
See? It's not all dicktrees and 50-foot firebreathing Wogglebugs here. You can and will get good advice from people in a ton of different industries tangentally related to entertainment and media creation. You just have to have a sense of humor and don't try to 'protect the purity' of the Wogglebug as you see him.

Your vision is yours, no one can take that from you, but if you want to expand your vision to a wider audience, you have to swallow your pride a bit and realize that your vision -as it stands- may not and probably does not appeal to many children or fans of the Oz world. Therefore if you want to grow your audience, you have to find out what that potential audience wants to see in a Wogglebug story or movie. Make adaptations that seem the most popular and also not too far off from your vision (perhaps more people prefer an 'English Schoolmaster' kind of voice for Woggie then a "double speed Porky Pig without stuttering" as it is currently, for example) and see how those changes are accepted, etc.

But most important, especially here, is to keep a sense of humor about all of this. It's a pretty oddball concept to most people and you WILL attract mockery and parody from time to time. Banning and raging is the WORST possible response, you are then seen as a source of lulz and...well, the first 168 pages of this thread happen.

Either just ignore the shitposts, or even better, respond to them in their own way. Even say something like "50ft Wogglebug should say his prayers, because you are rolling out 75ft Wogglebug that sprays flammable acid instead, bitch!" THAT will get some attention and some fans around here. And it's not like you are truely endorsing such a creation for your movie, it's just shitposting back at them.

You don't have to do it all the time, but humorous responses will get you far more fans and far more real help then getting upset will.

Okay, enough from me. GL.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino