Artcow WogglebugLoveProductions / Cynthia Hanson - One Womanchild's Fruitless Quest to Make Her Cockroach Husbando a Household Name

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you plan on handing Wogglebug over to someone else to work on then yeah, I can see it. However trying to get 15 minutes of show out of Cynthia would be almost impossible. Forty-five seconds or less is barely doable. But the longer Wogglebug clips, while high in bollocks, are thoroughly lacking in everything else. This one right here is the drizzling shits of a self-insert, but it's so absurd, from Cynthia's mic quality to her making out dancing with Wogglebug, that you can't help but watch.

How much input did he have? Did he just write the words or did he have more input, like suggesting the spontaneous dance to "music"?
>I came to your area, cause there are many children here teeheeee

Jesus. Christ.

Coach McGuirk

Alcoholic Soccer Coach
kiwifarms.net

The Wogglebug is my favorite internet horror. If this was made ironically it would be boring, but because we know it's a schizophrenic rambling of her favorite character it makes it wonderfully weird. It's like something you'd see on Adult Swim on 3 AM but its unironically made for kids.

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
Wogglebug stops by for some milk.

shlurp.png

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Er.... just make him a "new character" with a "new name" and say wogglebug gave you the inspiration? You know it's meant to be wogglebug, we know it's meant be wogglebug, but people wont look that deep and it's less weird to use your own "character" than creepily latching on to an Oz one. You dont even want it to take place in Oz, literally just pay someone $10 to edit the design slightly (make less repulsive and horrifying in a 2d format), name him bugglewug and there: original character. Like, you can make bugs tolerable for kids, I remember watching Growing up Creepie and The Buzz on Maggie and as a kid and I hated even looking at pictures of bugs, yet was able to watch those, because they were 'cute'.

I mean, obviously this is a shit idea and you wouldn't use it anyways but distancing yourself from woggle, even a small amount like the name, would be beneficial imo.

This is some good advice too. It's entirely possible to make a near-creepy character likeable, but it should be your own creation.

I know I shouldnt fucking bother, but Cynthia, have you ever heard the phrase, "Plunk your magic twanger, Froggy!"

You almost certainly haven't, but your grandparents (maybe even your parents) did, along with 50 million other American (and some Canadian, British and Australian) kids knew it, and knew what was coming. The biggest trolling magical frog puppet in the world, who was soon to prank and make life miserable for the 'guest of the day' on the "Smilin' Ed's Gang radio show, later the Andy's Gang kids TV show: Froggy the Gremlin.

After flashing on the screeen in a hail of confetti and smoke after being called by his magic catchphrase, he'd say in a froggy voice "Hiya, kids! hiya, hiya hiya!!" And kids everywhere LOVED Froggy even though he was probably the worst puppet ever. Almost no motion at all except his mouth, he was just a grinning frog on a stick.

Froggy, to put it gently, was an asshole. He used his power of suggestion to fuck with the presentations of other guests. If a guest were to demonstrate how to paint a wall, he might say, "And now I'm going to take this can of paint..." Froggy would chime in, "And dump it over my head." And the confused guest would proceed to do so. Kids would about kill themselves laughing. Eventually the guest or host would get mad enough to go after froggy who would then disappear with the same effect.

Toy sales for Froggy the Gremlin crap was borderline My Little Pony levels for the 1950s.

THAT is an original character, beloved of kids, who dosen't pander to them and make cutesy nice, he dicks with adults and winks at the kids, and kids today would LOVE a modern incarnation of a creature with Froggy's subversive sneaky humor who clearly likes kids, but not in a creepy way your Wogglebug comes off liking kids.

If you want a Wogglebug that appeals to kids and dosen't bore or creep them out, take a look at Froggy in action. Try some original idea development with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35odPm7b3w&t in mind. There's a few other clips of Froggy on the web still, but as it was at the dawn of transmission and recording of video media, not very much is left.

I know change can be hard for you, but since you were willing to change Wogglebug's personality a little, why not PLAY with the idea of making Woggie a subversive? You really wouldn't have to change him that much, just in HOW you want him to appeal to kids. It will still be your vision. Remember, almost every successful project goes through multiple revisions before it is final. Trying to finalize your first and only vision is why you are where you are today.

Make him prank the shit out of Oz characters and/or other Oz writers, it dosen't have to directly be Froggy's power of suggestion, but use woggie's 'smarts' to outwit Oz fans and/or other Oz characters who invade Woggy's new dimension, all while talking at (not directly one on one WITH) the kids that are the audience. That's not such a hard thing is it? Just try it out, don't have to keep it, but see if it clicks with someone?

Last edited:

Ido

Still alive
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is some good advice too. It's entirely possible to make a near-creepy character likeable, but it should be your own creation.

I know I shouldnt fucking bother, but Cynthia, have you ever heard the phrase, "Plunk your magic twanger, Froggy!"

You almost certainly haven't, but your grandparents (maybe even your parents) did, along with 50 million other American (and some Canadian, British and Australian) kids knew it, and knew what was coming. The biggest asshole magical frog puppet in the world, who was soon to prank and make life miserable the 'guest of the day' on the "Smilin' Ed's Gang radio show, later the Andy's Gang kids TV show: Froggy the Gremlin.

After flashing on the screeen in a hail of confetti and smoke after being called by his magic catchphrase, he'd say in a froggy voice "Hiya, kids! hiya, hiya hiya!!" And kids everywhere LOVED Froggy even though he was probably the worst puppet ever. Almost no motion at all except his mouth, he was just a grinning frog on a stick.

Froggy, to put it gently, was an asshole. He used his power of suggestion to fuck with the presentations of other guests. If a guest were to demonstrate how to paint a wall, he might say, "And now I'm going to take this can of paint..." Froggy would chime in, "And dump it over my head." And the confused guest would proceed to do so. Kids would about kill themselves laughing. Eventually the guest or host would get mad enough to go after froggy who would then disappear with the same effect.

Toy sales for Froggy the Gremlin crap was borderline My Little Pony levels for the 1950s.

THAT is an original character, beloved of kids, who dosen't pander to them and make cutesy nice, he dicks with adults and winks at the kids, and kids today would LOVE a modern incarnation of a creature with Froggy's subversive sneaky humor who clearly likes kids, but not in a creepy way your Wogglebug comes off liking kids.

If you want a Wogglebug that appeals to kids and dosen't bore or creep them out, take a look at Froggy in action. Try some original idea development with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35odPm7b3w&t in mind. There's a few other clips of Froggy on the web still, but as it was at the dawn of transmission and recording of video media, not very much is left.

I know change can be hard for you, but since you were willing to change Wogglebug's personality a little, why not PLAY with the idea of making Woggie a subversive? You really wouldn't have to change him that much, just in HOW you want him to appeal to kids. It will still be your vision. Remember, almost every successful project goes through multiple revisions before it is final. Trying to finalize your first and only vision is why you are where you are today.

Make him prank the shit out of Oz characters and/or other Oz writers, it dosen't have to directly be Froggy's power of suggestion, but use woggie's 'smarts' to outwit Oz fans and/or other Oz characters who invade Woggy's new dimension, all while talking at (not directly one on one WITH) the kids that are the audience. That's not such a hard thing is it? Just try it out, don't have to keep it, but see if it clicks with someone?
I feel like he wouldnt even need to prank oz characters, I've been toying with it for a while and I figure after he got big he thought he knew fucking everything (based on Cynthia's plot) because he'd been in the school for a while now. He'd be praised for being smart for a bug, get a giant head, and when he moved to a different grade in a different building he'd vehemently go against any and all revisions or refuse to except concepts he doesn't understand. Such as he knew addition, but despised multiplication/divison and believes he's above it. Leading to "youre never too smart to stop learning". I'd like him having to constantly have to reign in his big, dumb head or face isolation because being a smartass is obnoxious.

But whatever, no flaws, no personality. Just creepy pedobug coming to steal your children and stab their torso with his dick.

DrainRedRain

Scary Skeleton Goonies!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now the Wogglebug is a sex offender.

My headcannon for him is that he was always a sex offender, from day one tbh

Wogglebug stops by for some milk.

View attachment 1407483

Nothing makes me laugh more about Cynthia than the absolute abysmal quality of her characters' rendering. I mean, she has time, she has money (from others, but still) and she has autism (which is the biggest factor when working on a thing nonstop for years) and she still shit things like... this.

I would love to be able to enter her head just for some minutes to see wtf she's thinking when looking at scenes like this one and going ''ah yeah ok, perfect for kids!''. I know autism is one hell of a drug, but I just wanted to experience it from her point of view. Christ, man.

YOUR MOM

I hate this
kiwifarms.net
My father died when I was 23.
In ten years it might be possible that my mother will be dead as she has just turned 69 this year.
I am late here and have read 190 pages so far but here is some wogglemath:
(correct me if I'm wrong)

Father died at age 91:
91-23=Dad age 68 when WogglebugLady born

WogglebugLady age 34 now:
69-34=Mom age 35 when WogglebugLady born

Wogglemom fucked an old guy because he owned a hotel and she saw dollar signs?
Elderly sperm+aged eggs= WBL

ETA for people unhappy with the unarchived removed video links, here is one that still exists of the uncanny valley version:

Last edited:

Troonos

Regrettable Cake Farts
kiwifarms.net
My father died at age 83 (same as his own dad).

And he was 60 when I was born.

And I just turned 35 in April.

But the rest is pretty much correct.

35 years old. Still chronically unemployed. Still living on the taxpayer dime. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 20? 30? Are you ever going to grow up and live like an adult?

THOTHunterAlice

The feels are too real.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
35 years old. Still chronically unemployed. Still living on the taxpayer dime. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 20? 30? Are you ever going to grow up and live like an adult?

We all know the answer. Continuing to piss away money on a fourth rate Oz character that no one, including Baum, likes until she dies.

YOUR MOM

I hate this
kiwifarms.net
My father died at age 83 (same as his own dad).

And he was 60 when I was born.

And I just turned 35 in April.

But the rest is pretty much correct.
Oh ok I saw the "dad" and "91 years old" in this post. I defy anybody to try to read this without their brain becoming numb.

I'll try to make this the last post from me here. As I said I was planning on not coming back at all but it was just that after @Galvatron had the nerve to think to tell @voiceguy to tell me to "uncheck my pride" about anything especially when it comes to this subject and people like most of you here, I ended up feeling too great a desire to make sure all here would know that is an absurd thing to want or expect me to do whether you like it or not. To the point where it was causing stagnation in my progress of getting much done. I want you all to know none of you here are good enough to decide on how I should be getting along with anyone without my consent. Now for my responses to a few posts:

@Ubiquitous First of all about my mother. You don't know her and my life story. The fact is that if she had only done the right thing and gave me up for foster care when I was baby, or gave me homeschooling if not from the beginning at least after seventh grade, and most of all, if she had only let me move out and into my own home when I turned 18 just as I specifically told her I wanted to do then I would not only not be on these forums, but I might actually even be living in Hollywood or at least have a production company working for me and at least be far more advanced in my career of being on my way to making a major movie about the Wogglebug without Oz like he wasn't there to begin with. But because she was so selfish and evil she kept me locked in as her prisoner for ten years straight and just wanted me to become a complete nobody just like her. The things that separate me from her the most are the facts I am an atheist and she is a born-again Christian and I have plenty of artistic talent in writing, screenwriting, and filmmaking, and she has none. And since she has no ability to even learn anything about a computer let alone use one the internet has been my sanctuary from her for ten years in her prison. It was actually her attempting to force her religion on me that led to both my atheism and my being held her prisoner so long.

And it actually is all thanks to my younger and very bright cousin and his mother who is my favorite aunt as to why I live on my own and in my own home and not on the streets. Because after my equally evil father died (if he were alive today he would actually be 91) my mother attempted to sell our old home and business for a few years but lacked the competency to do so on her own and so hired my bright cousin to do so who had much experience in these things. And I seized my chance and talked to him in private about my desire to live somewhere I wanted to live. He replied first, "I'm taking this all that you mean to say you're not going to be living with Aunt Lainie because she's been having me look for basement apartment in South Carolina. But I guess that's not what you want." It seems that even though me and her made a deal that when we sold our old home I would live on my own for the first time she willfully tried to go back on her word to me and wanted to just tote me away with her like I was just another piece of luggage for ho take at my age of 28. Thankfully my cousin was so smart that he made sure I was living on my own in my own home before we'd sold our old home and business. And I'll be forever grateful to him for his intervention because even though my mother fully expected to have enough money leftover from our sell of our old home what we had left instead was essentially nothing whatsoever left. My mother now is living with her older sister in a place set away from my neighborhood and I never have talked to her or seen her again since and wouldn't have it any other way.

Another reason to hate her is because she hadn't let my teeth be fixed by my dentist by applying for a payment plan of his in the way I do with some of the people I work with because she thought for certain we would have enough money left after our sell to both move to another state and pay to get my teeth fixed all at once. But thanks to her ignorance I may have lost my ability to smile forever, and it's also her fault I lost it because it was because of her cruelty I was put on very strong dosages of anti-depressant medications that destroyed my four front teeth in the first place. Another point as to how she was mean and stupid was because I am actually a client with Concord Counselling (the best mental health care place in my city) and they specifically told both of us before I can move to another state I must learn to live on my own in my current state first and foremost and then I can be released from them but not before. And one of my first caseworkers expected me to give proof I could live on my own in old home before they would sign me up for new housing (they themselves could have helped me move away from her all the time, that's right) but my mother didn't let that happen and was the opposite of helpful about it. Nowadays my aunt who is more like a mother to me than my biological one ever was comes to help me with where I currently live now and away from that evil old crone who as far as I'm concerned is already dead and cremated.

I have to hold on to my dreams though and do my best with them. They're all I really have to feel it's a good idea to stay alive and feel like I can be somebody and break away from my mother's bad line of losers.

Now as for your second question. In at least one sense I want to have a franchise that is along the lines of the Harry Potter one. But what I mean is really that I have no expectations for my novels to make millions on their own. And I certainly do not want to sell the rights to my intellectual property to strangers who just are out to steal it in the legal way for all I may know. I need to make sure somehow or another I maintain as much creative control as possible in the way @voiceguy lets me have when he and I rewrote the script of my first movie together and much more in terms of major productions. Which is why I am putting out starter movies thanks to the miracle of IClone and also picture books and novelizations to go with them. Truthfully, writing novelizations and scripts of my own movies in addition to doing my own animation helps me to put my visions out the way I want and helps ensure my success in what I want.

@patchwork First of all, it's not my fault I don't have a major movie production in the works to release to theaters and do advertising for that would automatically gain more than 100 people anticipating the film's release. I hope this will come to be someday. And It's not for you to determine the number of people I have as an audience per film or for the series as a whole especially. More films will lead to a bigger audience. And I am aware of this for the moment being a drop of water compared to the number of Oz fans. But that is precisely the point of it also. I am not making movies for their fandom but for my own. And since their fan base is already huge they will not miss me and my own fans. That fan base has the best known and loved Oz characters of which I prefer the MGM movie version of anyway. And the Wogglebug's fan base needs to begin with me and grow with my own fans.

And yes, @voiceguy is 61, turning 62 in March next year. And I will admit I don't know for certain just how much time we will have to work with each other anymore than anyone else does. But that is precisely the point. I would prefer to cherish my time with him as the Wogglebug's first one true voice. And just try to do as much as we can together in the time that we will have to do so. And in all the years I've known him he seems at best to be a very overall health smart man who knows how to take care of himself when he is sick or not and also the right places for him to go for extra help if need be. For all we know we may succeed with making all ten films with him as the Wogglebug's voice.

I need him as long as possible for the Wogglebug's speaking and singing voice, and also for writing the lyrics of the songs in the films (I'm not completely devoid of talent but he has an expertise for it that is extraordinarily valuable) and also for helping me write and rewrite my scripts at least to an extent to make the movies as near to perfection as I can get them.

@Rabbit Bones That was just what I was expecting for you all to think. Thanks for confirming it for me. And because so many of you feel that way I'm sure I couldn't trust you to try to do a few things I suspect you would have the nasty nature to do with my movie if I released it to Amazon, I shall not be releasing to Amazon for a long, long time at least. Because I am just starting out and the Wogglebug is starting anew in his new fandom and life in Genoma with no bad memories of Oz to burden him, and we left behind his pain and suffering from liars and naysayers about him in Oz; and I need to make sure the families of my targeted audience understand my franchise is not a bad things and my series of movies are of high quality while being rated G with consistency and hold the image of the Wogglebug as a lovable role model in their mind's in way that cannot be scarred, either.

As for you two @Cubanodun and @AnOminous the fact you two are obviously so doubtful of me being able to succeed is only inspiring me all the more to keep trying and never give up. I know you aren't the only naysayers obviously. And I know you said I can't choose my audience but I am going to at least try to defy you all and see if I can anyway and even get help in the right places.

@Golly First off I'm not much into Batman to judge whether or not your comparison has much if any logic to it. But I'm sure there's no comparison and I would prefer you to not try to make one. And while you may be right that people who get divisive about fandoms are in a minority, I will then just gladly declare that I shall then just be in that minority by my own choice if that will make everyone satisfied. And just so you all know, if in the event I ever do decide to advertise my movies on DVD to people in Oz facebook groups I will do so in my own way and only after I make sure a large portion of people who are into the Royal Cult of Oz that my former publisher was a patron of are blocked from my Facebook viewings. And I'll still only let people purchase the DVDs if I can at best trust they will never upload the movie online anywhere. And then I'll actually let them become members of my fan base if they are willing to leave the Oz one (my friend Amy Rose did that because of me).

Now if you'll excuse me I have things to do, including filming a movie.

The things that separate me from her the most are the facts I am an atheist and she is a born-again Christian and I have plenty of artistic talent in writing, screenwriting, and filmmaking, and she has none.
Sorry @WogglebugLover, this is demonstrably false. Unless your mom is a literal piece of wood, she most certainly has more talent than you. And even if she's a literal piece of wood, it'd be close.