Artcow WogglebugLoveProductions / Cynthia Hanson - One Womanchild's Fruitless Quest to Make Her Cockroach Husbando a Household Name

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
I just meant I will contact them when the movie is complete.
Yeah that's the point. Set up a relationship with them now. Tell them you're making this animated cartoon and you'd really like for them to review it so it can reach a wider audience. That is what you want right?

If you set this up now when you send it to them it won't look like you're some crazy person. It will give you some legitimacy and show you're looking towards the future. But again, it just sounds you're making excuses because you're afraid.

DrainRedRain

i laugh but i dont feel joy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know I've already said it a million times before, but damn, seeing people giving legit criticism and pointing to her where she can improve and how she should do it is just frustrating. Because if she was a normal person, all the advice would be worth it, and then maybe she could even make a short video about the bug and earn some few fans.
But the autism shield is too strong with this one man. She is literally repeating the same phrases since the day she made an account here.

Mad shit.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
I know I've already said it a million times before, but damn, seeing people giving legit criticism and pointing to her where she can improve and how she should do it is just frustrating. Because if she was a normal person, all the advice would be worth it, and then maybe she could even make a short video about the bug and earn some few fans.
But the autism shield is too strong with this one man. She is literally repeating the same phrases since the day she made an account here.

Mad shit.
I've said it before, she's like CWC in that she thinks her work is nothing short of art and can't be improved upon. Even when somebody showed Chris drawings of Sonichu and Rosechu what were superior to his, or that somebody sang better than he could, he still would give criticisms of it and hold his version up to be the best.

I'll be the first to admit I can't draw, animate or make a movie to save my life. But I am a bit of a wordsmith and I've seen enough movies to know what works and what doesn't. Cynthia's immediate issue is she's not interested in what makes a movie good. She wants to make it first and work out the details later. That's not the path to success. And it's something she's going to have to come to terms with when she releases her "masterpiece" and doesn't immediately get the fame and fortune she's hoping for.

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'll be the first to admit I can't draw, animate or make a movie to save my life. But I am a bit of a wordsmith and I've seen enough movies to know what works and what doesn't. Cynthia's immediate issue is she's not interested in what makes a movie good. She wants to make it first and work out the details later.
She doesn't even want that. She just wants to be violated by a loathsome insect. The media is just how she feels she has to get there, to the moment of being traumatically penetrated by this vile bug's hideous penis.

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Mad shit.
Funny if some bored Kiwi sat down, went through the trouble of learning to animate CGI stuff, going through this thread and making a legit Wogglebug movie that's worth a damn. You know, one with Wogglebug in his younger days, mowing down Vietcongs with his M16, firing grenades from the underbarrel grenade launcher. It'd be fucking rad.

Cynthia's immediate issue is she's not interested in what makes a movie good. She wants to make it first and work out the details later. That's not the path to success.
Her strategy to make her movie seems to revolve around making a story that pleases her, but her threshhold for entertainment boils down to "Pedobug jitters and glitches across the screen, laughing like a lunatic and sometimes singing songs to horrible tunes". If you had keys with Wogglebug stickers, jangling them in front of her face would be sufficient to entertain her for an hour or two.
And when you raise that point, she goes into something so warped, I don't even know if it counts as circular logic, since it has such a might kink in it, which revolves around the few people who follow her on Youtube for whatever reasons and how any genuine fan of Wogglebug will like his antics, no matter how poorly paced or animated they are and of course, she already has fans on Youtube, who subscribed to her channel... well. And so on.

Last edited:

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
She doesn't even want that. She just wants to be violated by a loathsome insect. The media is just how she feels she has to get there, to the moment of being traumatically penetrated by this vile bug's hideous penis.
But the media she's trying to put out is her ticket to getting more people to at least know who that cockroach is. In her single minded zeal to make it she's banking that once she puts it out people will fall in love with him as she has.

That's her ultimate goal. To show everybody who he is and how great he is. Problem is she doesn't know how to go about it and we've seen the result. Figures that stand still and spout tired dialogue. No action taking place at any point except the occasional shrugs or movements of the characters. Walk cycles where the characters don't move so much as slip and glide across the floor. And how Woggie constantly toots his own horn about how amazingly amazing he is.

There are ways to do this properly and there are short cartoons on the internet that have done this. Harry Partridge is brilliant even if he's really slow at putting things out. Guys like Lord Bung and his SCP Containment cartoons are rather simple things but they're interesting. Groups like Mashed, Cartoon Hooligans or even Dorkly are always putting out new material. But these are short little cartoons that people enjoy because they're funny or well done or they actually tell a story. There's none of that there in Cynthia's work. It's a soulless shell of a cartoon that doesn't speak to anybody.

Let's Find Out!

🗡️🗡️🗡️
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Funny if some bored Kiwi sat down, went through the trouble of learning to animate CGI stuff, going through this thread and making a legit Wogglebug movie that's worth a damn. You know, one with Wogglebug in his younger days, mowing down Vietcongs with his M16, firing grenades from the underbarrel grenade launcher. It'd be fucking rad.
@MerriedxReldnahc is slowly losing their mind animating ol' Woggy over here: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/remaking-the-wogglebug-movie.58344/

DrainRedRain

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's a soulless shell of a cartoon that doesn't speak to anybody.
Yes. I will mention the short animated series of ''Salad Fingers'' by David Firth because it is cool and, despite being a little gross, a lot of people can enjoy because it has actually an interesting story. There's even a wiki discussing theories about the show and the characters. The animation is simple, the plot is even simpler (despite being open to speculation as I mentioned) and the characters have actual personalities, even if all of them are batshit crazy.

Throwing a pretentious talking bug and some children into a program and animating them won't make people be interested. Cynthia is basically trying to show how the bug is smart and self righteous and how he will teach children to behave, and honestly, if she was doing it in the 1980s, I could see some bored moms buying the VHS and playing it for their children, because ''values and hard work are precious lessons.''
But we are in 2020, most kid's attention span are like, 10 minutes max, nobody gives a shit about ''being courteous and hard working''. People want action and flashy characters.

But of course, Cynthia can't understand it, otherwise we won't be talking about it in a thread with 200+ pages.

Coach McGuirk

Alcoholic Soccer Coach
kiwifarms.net
Yes. I will mention the short animated series of ''Salad Fingers'' by David Firth because it is cool and, despite being a little gross, a lot of people can enjoy because it has actually an interesting story. There's even a wiki discussing theories about the show and the characters. The animation is simple, the plot is even simpler (despite being open to speculation as I mentioned) and the characters have actual personalities, even if all of them are batshit crazy.

Throwing a pretentious talking bug and some children into a program and animating them won't make people be interested. Cynthia is basically trying to show how the bug is smart and self righteous and how he will teach children to behave, and honestly, if she was doing it in the 1980s, I could see some bored moms buying the VHS and playing it for their children, because ''values and hard work are precious lessons.''
But we are in 2020, most kid's attention span are like, 10 minutes max, nobody gives a shit about ''being courteous and hard working''. People want action and flashy characters.

But of course, Cynthia can't understand it, otherwise we won't be talking about it in a thread with 200+ pages.
I'm of the minority that finds Cynthia's stuff incredibly enjoyable, but just not for the reasons she wants people to enjoy it. Her stuff tickles me the same way Xavier Renegade Angel or something along the same lines as that does (Something weird, cerebral, and slightly off putting). Except Cynthia's shit has the added benefit of being completely unironic, making it a weird fever dream of spastic events happening around some weird girls even weirder fictional husband. I really think that if she steered into the skids and showed it to drunk/high adults at 2 in the morning, it could find an almost unironic following, just for how bonkers it is.

But I know she's to prideful of her weird animation franchise dreams, to ever think outside of her very limited box. But I'll still drunkenly watch the shitstorm either way

DrainRedRain

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
xcept Cynthia's shit has the added benefit of being completely unironic
You see, I can see Adult Swim buying into the idea of a talking bug having adventures with misfit kids and being foulmouthed and all, like some weird cartoon shit in the likes of Xavier the Renegade Angel. But it had to be completely ironic and without the self-righteous shit.

Cynthia isn't a kid anymore, so she could totally make a cartoon like that. The fact she insists on making the bug some paragon of virtue for children is what is wrong. She could make a trip ass cartoon with some dark humor thrown in, but noooo. She wants to make this weird kid friendly shit.

Coach McGuirk

Alcoholic Soccer Coach
kiwifarms.net
You see, I can see Adult Swim buying into the idea of a talking bug having adventures with misfit kids and being foulmouthed and all, like some weird cartoon shit in the likes of Xavier the Renegade Angel. But it had to be completely ironic and without the self-righteous shit.

Cynthia isn't a kid anymore, so she could totally make a cartoon like that. The fact she insists on making the bug some paragon of virtue for children is what is wrong. She could make a trip ass cartoon with some dark humor thrown in, but noooo. She wants to make this weird kid friendly shit.
I think the weird preachy angle helps make this weird enough to be at least a one off 4 AM adult swim play. It almost comes off as a weird horror esque parody of those without the context. But it would definitely only be tolerable for like 11 minutes, anything this bland wouldn't make an engaging longterm series.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
I'm of the minority that finds Cynthia's stuff incredibly enjoyable, but just not for the reasons she wants people to enjoy it. Her stuff tickles me the same way Xavier Renegade Angel or something along the same lines as that does (Something weird, cerebral, and slightly off putting). Except Cynthia's shit has the added benefit of being completely unironic, making it a weird fever dream of spastic events happening around some weird girls even weirder fictional husband. I really think that if she steered into the skids and showed it to drunk/high adults at 2 in the morning, it could find an almost unironic following, just for how bonkers it is.
Oh I totally get that because I'm a lover of bad movies for the same reason because the makers unironically made it terrible. But this is way too niche for it to even stand a chance on late night TV. And the worst part is if she ever got in on the joke, like Tommy Wiseau, and intentionally tried to make it "so bad it's good" it would lose whatever joy you get from it because it would be forced. But of course the chance of that happening is nil. No network would want to touch this and Cynthia is never going to pervert her cockroach husbando.

Coach McGuirk

Alcoholic Soccer Coach
kiwifarms.net
Oh I totally get that because I'm a lover of bad movies for the same reason because the makers unironically made it terrible. But this is way too niche for it to even stand a chance on late night TV. And the worst part is if she ever got in on the joke, like Tommy Wiseau, and intentionally tried to make it "so bad it's good" it would lose whatever joy you get from it because it would be forced. But of course the chance of that happening is nil. No network would want to touch this and Cynthia is never going to pervert her cockroach husbando.
Youre absolutely right, the lack of self awareness is what makes this golden imo though, but she'll never have a sense of self awareness so it will never reach that.

But some of the shit on adult swim at like 4 am is so avant garde that Cynthia's shit would fit in. "Unedited footage of a bear" and "this house has people in it" are equally as both weirdly creepy and disturbing. But only one artist of the two does ot on purpose.

Cynthia will never have an unironic audience, but her shit is so specifically weird that I find it charming

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Youre absolutely right, the lack of self awareness is what makes this golden, but she'll never have a sense of self awareness so it will never reach that.

But some of the shit on adult swim at like 4 am is so avant garde that Cynthia's shit would fit in. "Unedited footage of a bear" and "this house has people in it" are equally as both weirdly creepy and disturbing. But only one artist of the two does ot on purpose.

Cynthia will never have an unironic audience, but her shit is so specifically weird that I find it charming lol
Those videos were weird but layered. There was some serious thought put into them including the websites you could go to which further gave background lore to the whole thing making it greater than it was in the first place.

Cynthia is one note. There's no nuance. There's no deep meaning. There's only what you see. Nothing else.

Coach McGuirk

Alcoholic Soccer Coach
kiwifarms.net
Those videos were weird but layered. There was some serious thought put into them including the websites you could go to which further gave background lore to the whole thing making it greater than it was in the first place.

Cynthia is one note. There's no nuance. There's no deep meaning. There's only what you see. Nothing else.
Thats actually a great point, all of Alan Resnick's stuff is too good to be compared to Cynthia's shit. But on a light day I really feel Cynthia's stuff could come off as some weird Avant Garde art, but anyone who knows anything about the project is aware of how fucking bizarre Cynthia is.

The Great and Powerful Us

https://youtu.be/Hyxy_KMom7g
kiwifarms.net
Still better than this shit that actually aired on CN in the early 2000's, like once...
Wait is it?
Nah Woggle is much worse, but definitely in the same ball park for sure.
Needless to say they both comparably suck ass and have no fucking idea what kids (or a pre-lobotomized audience) want.

Can imagine that at best @WogglebugLover and her wogglebug lover could be featured in a super cut on the criminally under viewed EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE or equally brilliant Grimy Ghost, think they would fit right in...
Still better than the bug...

Last edited:

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Still better than this shit that actually aired on CN in the early 2000's, like once...
Wait is it?
Nah Woggle is much worse, but definitely in the same ball park for sure.
Needless to say they both comparably suck ass and have no fucking idea what kids (or a pre-lobotomized audience) want.

Can imagine that at best @WogglebugLover and her wogglebug lover could be featured in a super cut on the criminally under viewed EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE or equally brilliant Grimy Ghost, think they would fit right in...
Still better than the bug...
The "Groovenians" is a fucking masterpiece compared to anything Cynthia put out. The characters actually move and are, you know, animated. And any cartoon that has Jeff Glen Bennett, Paul Reubens, RuPaul and Dennis Hopper in the same thing just outclasses her Fiverr voice talent.