• "Coming on this forum may have been a mistake."

Culture Woman intimidated after she asks about Confederate flag rug at Portland storeIdiot stirs crap, hilarity ensues on video

Discussion in 'Pulitzer Prize Winning Journalism' started by LordofTendons, May 12, 2017.

Forum Guidelines
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  1. In this case, yeah.

The "scrap of cloth" is a signal of white supremacy. And racism also effects one's ability to get to work and pay one's bills.

Maybe on the internet. IRL it's a significant historical issue that states have had to deal with for decades.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    #81 Holdek, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Holdek

Holdek "Skill."

kiwifarms.net
  2. If merely owning a piece of cloth can cause someone to break down and cry, perhaps the problem isn't the piece of cloth.

Also, you don't see natives bitching about the American flag, the majority see it as the flag of our country and are more concerned with current tribal affairs than what happened centuries ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    Coldgrip

Coldgrip Skeleton knife fighter

kiwifarms.net
  3. get rid of all confederate flags tbh

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. Pretty much this.

Hell, ask just about any black person that's traveled. Every time I get the same answer: "You wouldn't think so, but white northerners are so much worse." There are far more white nationalists, klansmen, etc outside of the South than in it. The black people in my family sure feel that way. By a landslide. No, this wasn't the case for pretty much all of American history, but it is now. This is indeed because the South has to deal with this every day and gets better at it through extremely difficult trial and error. Even corrupt and actually racist Southern politicians crack down on it very hard because being even seen as a little bit racist can be devastating in states were the population is a quarter to almost half black. The North has been high on moral righteousness for eons. "We can't be racist, we're from the North!" said basically every person from Ohio and New England, ever. And yes, I really have heard that time and time again. Nothing like being lectured by an arrogant, wealthy, northerner about the evils of "segrugashion" who won't let his daughter marry a black man.

It also helps that economic growth and immigration in the South are beginning to rapidly eclipse many other parts of the United States, especially on the southern Atlantic coast and in Texas (if you count it. Not everyone does.) By the time any of us die, the South won't even be recognizable. It will resemble modern-fucking-Germany more than it resembles the Antebellum Period. In any case, I see more "Confederate Flags" in a day driving through New York or Wisconsin than I did in the South, and I was as from the South as a person can be. I counted four on my way from work today and this city is majority black and Yankee as they come. My family always flew Stars & Bars or the Blood-Stained Banner, anyway, because we aren't white trash.

The great irony of all of this is that the Confederacy was right, and white and black southerners have more in common with each other than they do with the United States. We should have been independent, and working on a solution together, rather than being ordered around by militant Yankee unionist filth. Ah, well, every great empire needs somebody to blame for their problems. As long as the west and north can continue to blame us for something that they had just as much of a hand in (and now more), no one will question the propaganda. And they'll never need to fix it. Every time some white cop shoots a little black girl in Chicago, it's going to be that damn flags fault. Every time. Idiot racists.

Ah well, there's my final word on the matter. Believe what you will, the South lost, anyway.

• Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    • Powerlevel Powerlevel x 1
    Gym Leader Elesa

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Obviously it's silly to claim that the north does not have racism at all.

However, I think you're looking back on things with rose tinted glasses. You're disavowing the south of its responsibility for its racist policies. It's all the big, mean Yankees forcing us to do things! If they just gave us a chance, we could've fixed things on our own!

I think that's kinda naive. Like expecting women's rights to come to the middle east.

While I sympathize with parts of your post, Jim Crow laws were still a thing and the south should take responsibility for them. Those weren't foisted upon the south by oppressors.

(Well, and I do think the south has more than enough taken responsibility for its past. But your post more sounds like making excuses.)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Marvin

Christorical Figure True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. I'll take your thoughts into consideration, they're not without merit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Gym Leader Elesa

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. She wants to be approached from behind gnomesayin?

Every Heather I've ever known was a psycho cunt, usually has a vast collection of Winnie the Pooh tshirts and Wolf tshirts and cries after fucking

Morose_Obesity

Morose_Obesity Yeah, I farted. Jealous?
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. You know what I like most about this thread, aside from some pretty decent posts?

No matter what we think, people are still going to fly that flag.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Coldgrip

Coldgrip Skeleton knife fighter

kiwifarms.net
  9. Is the flag a symbol of hate? Many times it is -- that's why it was revived in the 1950s -- to show support for segregation.

BUT...that does not negate the fact that this guy has every right to sell one if he chooses to. If you find it offensive, you have the choice not to shop there. You can complain to him and say, "hey, I really don't like the fact that you're selling this," but in the end, he still has that right.

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Mrs Paul

Mrs Paul Yinzer Kiwi

kiwifarms.net
  10. You have the right to protest outside the store on public property if you're that offended.

You don't have the right to trespass to harass the guy on his own property, though.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous LOOK UPON ME! I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net