Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) -

The Nothingness

The one with no body!
kiwifarms.net
Get ready for another movie full of 80's references.
This is WB, it's 1984 and it looks like Summer so I'm betting on a Gremlins reference, maybe Neverending Story.
Prince's "Purple Rain" and Van Halen's "Jump" will most likely be there, maybe "Like a Virgin" from 1983 as well.
I wonder what fast food will be shown... let's do some research:
2 minutes later
Wendy's had the "Where's the beef?" ad, MacDonald's had the pineapple Big Mac ad, one of those will definitely make an appearance, if not the ad itself, someone will say "Where's the beef?" at some point.

Can't wait to be shown ads for products while I'm consuming another product.
Don't forget what that decade was also known for.

MsStevieMarie

kiwifarms.net
I haven't seen the original film, and the leaks sound terrible, but I liked the trailer a lot. I wonder if there's any way to fix this movie in editing.
I dug the trailer (despite the cockteasing over Cheetah and the villain having a Trump vibe) but the only reason I have hope for this movie due to the negative buzz surrounding the test screenings is because the first one was so good.

Scratch This Nut

Problematic Chihuahua
kiwifarms.net
I dug the trailer (despite the cockteasing over Cheetah and the villain having a Trump vibe) but the only reason I have hope for this movie due to the negative buzz surrounding the test screenings is because the first one was so good.
If it makes you feel better, test screenings don’t mean much. Deadpool 2 had negative test screenings while Batman v. Superman had positive ones.

Tor Lugosi

kiwifarms.net
ALLEGEDLY this is going to be used to Flashpoint the DCEU
Is there actually anything to back that up? As far as I know, the whole 'Flashpoint' thing was just hopeful speculation. When it was first revealed that Steve was going to be back fans theorized that there'd be time travel involved, allowing DC to also change the universe as they wanted as result, but I think that's all it ever was: a fan theory.

The scene in the trailer with Wonder Woman lassoing the lighting and the one with Maxwell talking about getting whatever you desire line up pretty well with the leaks.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Is there actually anything to back that up? As far as I know, the whole 'Flashpoint' thing was just hopeful speculation. When it was first revealed that Steve was going to be back fans theorized that there'd be time travel involved, allowing DC to also change the universe as they wanted as result, but I think that's all it ever was: a fan theory.

The scene in the trailer with Wonder Woman lassoing the lighting and the one with Maxwell talking about getting whatever you desire line up pretty well with the leaks.
Old leaks that havent been followed up on in a while

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maxwell Lord (Pedro Pascal's character) finds a magic rock that grants wishes but with a monkey's paw effect. Eventually Dianna wishes for Steve Trevor to be back, which it grants but it does so by having his spirit possess some random guy and only WW can see him as Trevor. By the end of the movie everything gets reset but she runs into the random guy on the street and asks him out on a date, even though he has no idea who she is and he has no actual connection to Steve.
Goddammit, that actually sounds like an interesting concept. I expected it to be her hooking up with Cheetah and saying men suck or something.

Drunk and Pour

kiwifarms.net
80's reference speculation; during the mall fight a kid runs up to her and asks, "Do you know He-Man?" Or, for woke point, during the fight a little girl is watching slack-jawed then looks down at the Teela action figure (or She-Ra, but that was later) that she's holding.

I like the trailer. I'm not mad at Trevor being back. I liked his character. It's a flip of the fish out of water story from the first one. First, Trevor bring Diana to mans world, not a member of the Silent Generation trying to make sense of Gen-X. This also connects with Millennials and Gen-Z who also probably thinks the 80s were weird.

I hope Cheetah is used well.
I heard Circe was supposed to be the main bad guy. What if the guy people think is Glorious Godfrey or Maxwell Lord really Circe. She is a shapeshifter and he thing is turning people into animals or human-animal hybrids which would explain Cheetah. I don't know. The first Wonder Woman movie had the plot twist of the bad guy in disguise, and Aquaman had Ocean Master basically creating Black Manta. I'm rambling.

I've also heard speculation that that scene where they are watching fireworks, they were in Diana's invisible jet. I wonder, if true, how they pull that off without it coming off as corny.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
80's reference speculation; during the mall fight a kid runs up to her and asks, "Do you know He-Man?" Or, for woke point, during the fight a little girl is watching slack-jawed then looks down at the Teela action figure (or She-Ra, but that was later) that she's holding.

I like the trailer. I'm not mad at Trevor being back. I liked his character. It's a flip of the fish out of water story from the first one. First, Trevor bring Diana to mans world, not a member of the Silent Generation trying to make sense of Gen-X. This also connects with Millennials and Gen-Z who also probably thinks the 80s were weird.

I hope Cheetah is used well.
I heard Circe was supposed to be the main bad guy. What if the guy people think is Glorious Godfrey or Maxwell Lord really Circe. She is a shapeshifter and he thing is turning people into animals or human-animal hybrids which would explain Cheetah. I don't know. The first Wonder Woman movie had the plot twist of the bad guy in disguise, and Aquaman had Ocean Master basically creating Black Manta. I'm rambling.

I've also heard speculation that that scene where they are watching fireworks, they were in Diana's invisible jet. I wonder, if true, how they pull that off without it coming off as corny.
Circe being the big bad makes more since than Maxwell Lord since Lord is a technology oriented villain not a magic one. and his only connection to WW is that she snapped his neck once

UnKillFill

Am I blue?
kiwifarms.net
So I haven't really been following this, because it's a DC movie and it isn't Batman.

I can't actually "reply" to the OP (which I guess makes sense) And yeah, I was getting some definite "Orange Man Bad vibes from that dude at the beginning of that trailer...

But about that wall being destroyed... Is it possible that's a reference to the *Berlin* Wall falling, as this takes place in the mid 80's and the Berlin wall did in fact fall only a few years later?... As opposed to the (Still mostly hypothetical) Orange Man Bad wall?

Ok yeah, I'll take my "Optimistic" ratings -_- LMFAO

jellycar

50% Patty Hearst/50% Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
Circe being the big bad makes more since than Maxwell Lord since Lord is a technology oriented villain not a magic one. and his only connection to WW is that she snapped his neck once
Originally they wanted Eva Green to play Circe. Then they revealed it was about Cheetah and Maxwell Lord. It'll be interesting to see if they do include Circe though. They better get Melissanthi Mahout.

I thought that Nicole Kidman would play Circe but it was later confirmed she was originally cast as Hippolyta. Scheduling conflicts forced her to drop out and Connie Nielsen joined instead.

• Informative
Reactions: Uncanny Valley
Tags
None